George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

+42
janieb
EEOsandy
Natascha
m4rose
noodle
doris day
Lighterside
melbert
theminis
madsky
lovelylois
Dior
Aly
George Fan
fluffy
Seth Gecko
Bidbod
Joanna
watching
macs
socimar
barla
Cinderella
bellybaby
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
The next mrs clooney
lucy
it's me
Maggy
Missa
party animal - not!
phys major
annemarie
Lakin460
tzizz
davidarochelle
cindigirl
silly girl
lelacorb
Henway
Katiedot
46 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como Empty George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:12

Weird. Even though George is the star, the article is entirely about Stacy! Looks like the Daily Mail is catching clooneysopenhouse-itis!

As a favour to my short fuse, could I remind everyone that this is a George Clooney fan site and that we're supposed to be at least a little bit interested in him?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Stacy Keibler shrugs off recycled holiday destination George Clooney took former girlfriends as he spoils her with dinner

By Iona Kirby and Nadia Mendoza

PUBLISHED: 16:31 GMT, 14 June 2012

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He may have a plethora of ideas when it comes to performing and directing on movie sets.
But George Clooney's lack of imagination has been criticised when it comes to holiday destinations.

The actor has whisked current squeeze Stacy Keibler to his Lake Como villa - a special spot where he has taken his slew of girlfriends over the years.

Yet being wined and dined by one of Hollywood's most eligible bachelors, Stacy didn't seem to mind.
Life of the rich and famous: George Clooney and Stacy Keibler exit restaurant Il Gatto Nero in Cernobbio, Como

The blonde bombshell was seen smiling as she exited Il Gatto Nero restaurant and into a waiting car.

Looking sunkissed, her fair hair hung loosely over both shoulders appearing to have had minimal styling, although to avoid high temperature frizz it is likely a few hours of preening took place.

Dressed in virginal white, Stacy seemed to have little make-up on, while opting for au natural shades.
Mr Charming: The actor previously treated Elisabetta Canalis and Lisa Snowdon to Italian destination trips

Taking a break: George has just finished work on space drama Gravity
Teaming the look with large hoop earrings detailed with aquamarine and gold beads, Stacy followed at her beau led them out of the eatery and into the vehicle.
The silver fox looked smart/casual in a pin stripe white and blue unbuttoned shirt with a grey jacket.

It's her turn: George has whisked Stacy to the Lake Como location he likes to take his girlfriends
The 51-year-old has previously taken Elisabetta Canalis and Lisa Snowdon to the Italian destination, as well as a host of friends and mystery women.

After a romantic spin on George’s boat on Monday, the following day Stacy enjoyed time with friends.

The former wrestler, 32, relished a spot of shopping before taking yet another boat ride.

Familiar place: George brought then-girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis to the holiday spot in August 2009
She was dressed in a summery ensemble of a white tank top tucked into red shorts, topped off with a colourful patterned scarf.

The skimpy outfit showed off the rising star’s endless pins and a golden tan suggests she has already been soaking up the sun during her stay.

However she has had plenty of time for sunbathing as prior to jetting to Italy the happy couple were in Cabo San Lucas, one of George’s favourite holiday destinations.

George has kept a low profile on their ventures, but on Monday looked excited to be showing his girlfriend around the area with a trip on his boat.

As fans of the actor will know, he spends most summers in Lake Como since buying a house there in 2001.

In 2010, the villa was at the centre of a bidding war after Clooney became disillusioned with being photographed at the plush villa and put it up for sale. It was reported that David Beckham was keen to buy it, and negotiations reportedly reached an 'advanced stage'.

Clooney is said to have bought the villa in the town of Laglio for £10million in 2002.

At the time Mayor Roberto Pozzi, said: 'It would be a shame if George went. He has become one of the locals. 'If George does leave I hope the Beckhams buy the place as it will keep a touch of glamour in Laglio.'

Last edited by Katiedot on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the pictures, although not in the same place as the original article, I think.)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by Henway Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:16

So much for a romantic dinner for 2 nice he brought her friends along for conversation. Sure did not take long to get those dinner pictures at The Black Cat. Seems like someone is rushing a visit.

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como Empty Re: George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:23

Is it me, or is he doing an entire summer worth's of photo opportunities in just three days?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:42

Again with the happy face of George!

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:46

Thanks Katiedot this is the one...my computer likes to crash if there is any hint of a video on the site....when I am at home I can copy and view better. I would love to do more talking about him...but he is being so uncooperative. Wink

My question is why does he come out first all the time? Is it because of the cameras? Why doesn't he hold the door open for her and put his arm protectivly around her? Not trying to be sexist but my Dad and brothers always hold the door open for their spouses.... And I think it was said on another thread....he has been very sourpussed lately. I don't think he will break up with tomorrow ala Lainey (I know wrong thread but I am here...) as I've said before ----even if he doesn't read the gossips others do and he won't be predictable.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 14 Jun 2012, 18:46

George before the ladies!

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:10

Of course, if I were being a complete bitch, I'd say he goes out first to ensure that it's his face that's front and centre of the paparazzi shots and not anyone else towering over him.

Seriously though, there's a few reasons I can see for the sour face:

1. He's coming out of a nice warm restaurant into the dark and rain, maybe a little drunk being faced with a bank of paparazzi flashing in his face and he's just not feeling it. We all have bad days.

2. He isn't happy with Stacy for whatever reason.

3. He's had bad news. Perhaps a pet project has fallen through or something else in his life isn't going as well as he'd like.

4. Enough with the seabass!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:12

lelacorb wrote:Again with the happy face of George!

Lela, your post just made me laugh. I think the only time he smiles is when he paid to smile! LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:14

Cindigirl,
He had a HUGE smile when he was hugging "Eins Clooney."
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and friends out for dinner at Lake Como Empty temp thread

Post by cindigirl Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:19

davidarochelle wrote:Cindigirl,
He had a HUGE smile when he was hugging "Eins Clooney."

Well, that was different - that was pure love!!!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:28

Wish I could see a better pic of SK's "virginal white" dress. And is G eating with her friends or his? Restaurant got excellent reviews online, if anyone's interested. And what is "Capri" if that's G's favorite dish. I would have chosen the fresh fish, the one thing I can't cook. Even my cat wouldn't eat it; I think I overcooked it. LOL

Notice no "doggy bag" for Eins Clooney. Question for all on COH: if one is taken out to dinner with G, is it seen as "tacky" to ask for a doggy bag? Or does he just get a big hug and a kiss?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:34

Insalata caprese: YUM. My favorite summer salad once my tomatoes and basil come in: sliced buffalo mozzarello (we have a local grocery store that makes their own), sliced tomatoes and basil. That's it -- i drizzle a little good olive oil over and some freshly ground black pepper. That's all you need for lunch. Wonder if Eins likes tomatoes??

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:37

Why does it look like she's wearing a different outfit in the first pic than in the other two??? Notice the neckline is different?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Jun 2012, 19:37

I think 'capri' means caprese salad.

Which until recently I always thought was just tomato and mozzarella with basil leaves and oil but my best friend, who's Italian is currently at war with our chef over what actually constitutes a caprese salad so now I have absolutely no opinions on it whatsoever!

Cindy, Lela: I've moved your conversation about George from the Stacy thread onto this one in case you're wondering what happened.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Jun 2012, 20:00

I would think all their friends were at the dinner. I don't see him not taking his friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 14 Jun 2012, 20:05

Katiedot wrote:I think 'capri' means caprese salad.

Which until recently I always thought was just tomato and mozzarella with basil leaves and oil but my best friend, who's Italian is currently at war with our chef over what actually constitutes a caprese salad so now I have absolutely no opinions on it whatsoever!

Cindy, Lela: I've moved your conversation about George from the Stacy thread onto this one in case you're wondering what happened.
It's all ok However, the caprese requires fresh buffalo mozzarella with oregano or basil and olive extravergine oil and tomato pachino o cuore di bue ( beefheart)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Thu 14 Jun 2012, 20:15

At first I didn't get the CIRCUS act...But I get it now!!!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 14 Jun 2012, 20:17

Oh thank you. Yes I've had Ensalata Caprese many times. Much better with "home grown" tomatoes and fresh basil.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Jun 2012, 22:00

A couple of things re photos at Il Gatto

1)I think GTC is listening to something Gio is saying

2)I believe the door system there only allows one person through at a time, and the car was right at the door. Never seen that before.

Oh, and one of her friends is right behind her

Clearly they can't stop the paps lurking behind the bushes, and once the spate of pix is over, I would guess there will be anothering disappearing act. Very understandable

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 15 Jun 2012, 01:42

Gosh, it seems like every article about this trip mentions how Stacy is just one in a long line of girls who've walked this road before. Seems even the press is getting a little tired of the "lather, rinse, repeat" nature of George's love life.

It does seems like a summer's worth of pics in one week. I'm going to go conspiracy theorist for a minute: George is done with Stacy, but the "full-Como" is part of the standard contract. He has decided to get all the required photo ops (boat ride, restaurant, and bike ride, which will be tomorrow's photo) out of the way in the span of a week, so he can meet his contractual obligations, announce the break up on Saturday when the news cycle is slow for the weekend, and enjoy the summer free as a bird. P.S. - this also fits with the theory that George is staying with her out of stubbornness. Since, according to Lainey, the general consensus was that Stacy wouldn't last past June 15th, announcing the break up on Saturday (June 16th) means he wins.

BTW, totally kidding about all that, but if it happens, I called it! Laughing
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 15 Jun 2012, 01:49

If the end date was announced as of the 15th wouldn't that make George look stupid..(stupider, is that a word? ) if he broke it off then?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 01:52

phys major wrote:If the end date was announced as of the 15th wouldn't that make George look stupid..(stupider, is that a word? ) if he broke it off then?
That would make him predictable. (not a good thing)
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Jun 2012, 01:53

we will see

( bike? huhhhh it would be a news!
she will be towering... paps will be happy! Very Happy )
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 01:55

That would be hilarious.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 15 Jun 2012, 02:13

Maybe she could drive? Even it out...
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 02:15

If she drives G wouldn't be able to see pass her shoulders.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:20

Big brown eyes, long lashes, and rosy cheeks, he is looking very good, but I haven't seen much of him lately. What is with her hair, does anyone think she is wearing some kind of fake hair on top of her head? As for friends all I see is wait staff.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:22

lucy wrote:Big brown eyes, long lashes, and rosy cheeks, he is looking very good, but I haven't seen much of him lately. What is with her hair, does anyone think she is wearing some kind of fake hair on top of her head? As for friends all I see is wait staff.

Glad I'm not the only one that couldn't see any friends. It was a long game of where's waldo trying to find them.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:28

Thought I'd post this pic of George and Eli leaving the same restaurant almost a year ago. Even though this pic was taken just a few days before their break up they are still physically closer that George ever walks with Stacy, they're actually next to each other when leaving even though the paps are waiting outside. Just thought it was an interesting comparison when looking at George's body language with his ladies.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:40

Last edited by The next mrs clooney on Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wohoo!! finally figured out how to post the picture rather than just a link:-))
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Jun 2012, 03:48

The next mrs clooney wrote:Reason for editing : Wohoo!! finally figured out how to post the picture rather than just a link:-))
Love3 Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thumbs up!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 04:41

That's a sweet picture of George and Ely. George looks
very attentive to her.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Fri 15 Jun 2012, 04:55

are Sks eyes brown or blue?
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:06

His hair looked a lot lighter with EC. Wonder if hes adding some toner color to his hair to darken it a little. Matched his outfit pretty much, from the looks. Juggling
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:11

Maybe G's darkened his hair to match SK's brown eyes. LOL Either way it does look better on him.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:19

phys major wrote:are Sks eyes brown or blue?
They seem brown.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:21

davidarochelle wrote:Maybe G's darkened his hair to match SK's brown eyes. LOL Either way it does look better on him.
I think on pictures hair appears darker than in real life.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 15 Jun 2012, 05:30

Well, I been taking notes. Hair always seems darker to me in the last 6 months or so. It was much lighter before in many pics. Or so it certainly seemed to me.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jun 2012, 06:00

The next mrs clooney wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is the picture of the Last Supper (June 16, 2011), strange is not it?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Fri 15 Jun 2012, 06:52

For those who did not see Stacy's pale friend in the diner picture's go to laineys link and you can see her in one right behind Stacy. There were other's but no one published them. And I am not paying for them!

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 15 Jun 2012, 06:59

The locals don't seem to notice them in any of the pictures.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Jun 2012, 07:02

Thanks Hen. Is her friend the person we can just about see behind Stacy in this first pic?

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 15 Jun 2012, 07:36

That's the same outfit on SK in all pics.

Not sure why the press makes a big deal about SK being in Como. George is gracious and kind and takes everyone to Como.

Yay Gio is back. He's been M-I-A (used the hyphens so it's me wouldnt think I was butchering italian).
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Jun 2012, 08:46

I think Gio is the European security. Different guy in the States (red carpet pix)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:57

The press seem to make a big deal about every girl he takes to Italy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:59

he sells....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:37

I think what Playful meant was why are the press making a big deal out of George bringing Stacy to a place he's brought other girlfriends in the past.

You'd almost think they expect him to move house every time he gets a new girlfriend or something!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:39

Katiedot wrote:I think what Playful meant was why are the press making a big deal out of George bringing Stacy to a place he's brought other girlfriends in the past.

You'd almost think they expect him to move house every time he gets a new girlfriend or something!

True, I think they have run out of things to write about.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:42

I just noticed that they went to Como on George's boat and came home in what might be a taxi. On zimbio there is a picture of a guy that looks like he is checking the motor.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:53

Katiedot wrote:I think what Playful meant was why are the press making a big deal out of George bringing Stacy to a place he's brought other girlfriends in the past.

Do not move house (we live near to the summer, let me!) But I assure you that in that area there are thousands of restaurants and all known as the "Black Cat".
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next