George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

+39
Vi
cooksie
lovelylois
Astras
EEOsandy
party animal - not!
adgran
janieb
silly girl
Aly
Atalante
theminis
Lakin460
sisieq
blubelle
pattygirl
barla
cindigirl
carpediem
Merlin
watching
Joanna
annemarie
bellybaby
doris day
melbert
Cinderella
it's me
Dexterdidit
lucy
MM
Pari
lelacorb
madsky
Katiedot
socimar
The next mrs clooney
George Fan
fava
43 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by Vi Tue 15 May 2012, 20:06

Konstantin Wecker

had a really really problem years ago

and I really like him as a musician and cabaret artist

his problem was "white"
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2 - Page 15 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 2

Post by socimar Tue 15 May 2012, 20:09

lelacorb wrote:
You're wrong there are a lot of his interviews on the loves of his life Bobo Vieri, to Reginald (left live TV) the only person she spoke very little is George. Italians know a lot of his love of things and always told her!
During the day for PETA in Milan said to be single and not Mehad (but could be seen together) and Steve-O I think he realized the bullshit that has made being with him even for a short time.
Ely has no problems to speak of herself, the shit that he did, his loves ......................

Lela,
I didn't know Elisabetta before George, so I don't know what she said about all the other ex boyfriends. I only know that with Mehcad she had a big fight in the hall of her apartment building when she threw the Balenciaga bag at him and in spite of the fact that there were witnesses (the manager and an Italian lady who lives in the same building) she has always denied that they had a fight, she tweeted: "good thing that people are telling me what is going on with my life" and about the Balenciaga bag she send a public tweet to Mehcad saying "if you had bought me a Balenciaga bag I would have never returned it to you, ahahahah" and he replied "good thing that I never bought you any...ahahaha". They made the fight sound like it was a joke (at the request of their respective PR people), but a witness saw the Balenciaga bag; however they were never seen together since then. When interviewed about him she only said "we were just friends" but she introduced him to all her friends (and Bobo Vieri) in Milan as her "boyfriend" and stayed with him in hotels in Germany and he stayed in her apartment in Milan.

With Steve, whatever the reason was she has not yet said anything about it. Yes she did mention that she is single but after several days and weekends when she was moping, uploading sad song, comparing herself to Adele H. (the daughter of Victor Hugo who died of a broken heart) and on and on until Pietrino rescued her and got her out of the house to a barbacue. I think it was the first time she went out in weeks.

No, she is not open Lela, she shuts as a clam when she breaks up with somebody. Maybe she did not do that when she was young but she does that now.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 15 May 2012, 20:17

Vi wrote:she has no problem with alcohol and
she has no problem with cigarettess

VI,
don't say that. She may not have a problem with alcohol
BUT
she definitely has a problem with cigarettes. Smoking causes cancer to the person who smokes and to everybody around that person (second hand smoke). In the US you can't smoke anywhere anymore and some buildings even have billboard saying "you can't smoke within 50 yards of this building" (just saw one today). Smoking is a big big problem and if Elisabetta had stopped for whatever reason she should never have restarted especially now that she is the testimonial for Reebokcrossfit.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Tue 15 May 2012, 20:28

dear socimar !

I SMOKE

don't tell me about the risks

I've only said it's not the reason

the real reason this Steve (qhat ever hsi name is) meant
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 15 May 2012, 21:21

socimar wrote:
Vi wrote:she has no problem with alcohol and
she has no problem with cigarettess

VI,
don't say that. She may not have a problem with alcohol
BUT
she definitely has a problem with cigarettes. Smoking causes cancer to the person who smokes and to everybody around that person (second hand smoke). In the US you can't smoke anywhere anymore and some buildings even have billboard saying "you can't smoke within 50 yards of this building" (just saw one today). Smoking is a big big problem and if Elisabetta had stopped for whatever reason she should never have restarted especially now that she is the testimonial for Reebokcrossfit.

Dear Socimar if there's one thing I hate the USA it is the law on smoking because it is precisely the U.S. to earn thousands of dollars in cigarettes(Philis morris marlboro) and a little unethical do not you think?. Smoking is bad but also eat a lot it hurts, it hurts to be obese, heavy drinking hurts ..... so why the U.S. does not prohibit MC Donald even where people gorge of animal fat?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 15 May 2012, 21:41

Vi wrote:dear socimar !

I SMOKE

don't tell me about the risks

I've only said it's not the reason

the real reason this Steve (qhat ever hsi name is) meant
Vi,
It was Steve who dumped Elisabetta not the other way around,so there was something that he did not like about her. Steve was interviewed many times and he knew how lucky he was to have a girl like Elisabetta, so what didn't he like about her?

Steve had a lot, I mean a lot of problems with addictions in the past, alcohol, drugs, smoking, etc. that he tried twice to commit suicide. After he spent time in a psychiatric hospital (the first time his friends had him committed, the second time he admitted himself) he went to live in a half-way house instead of going home. He stayed there for 2 years with people like him who were recovering from addictions and faced the same issues that he did. After 2 years he changed his life completely, no more drugs, cigarettes, alcohol and......meat. Then he met Elisabetta and at first she seemed very understanding, she started going to vegetarian restaurants, was not going out to clubs any more, etc. They led a very health life, going for long hikes with their four dogs in the mountain of Pasadena where Elisabetta kept sending pics of herself hanging from a tree. I guess and I am only guessing that she never completely gave up alcohol and cigarettes and Steve rather than facing a potential relapse he decided to break up with her. Alcoholism is a disease that cannot be cured, you only make an effort every day to stay away from alcohol and I guess Elisabetta was not willing to give it up.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Tue 15 May 2012, 21:58

It is very hard for any of us to speculate what really happened with the latest relationship Eli-Steve. If I can read a guy and knowing what I know about Eli from reading about her, he wanted to keep it light and not serious naked chicks relationship, she pressed for more ONE WOMAN relationship and he was going to have none of that. I don't know if she turned a blind eye to all his vulgarness and craziness "being in love" or if that wore on her at all. I think the strain of him isolating her from her friends, from partying and even drinking now and then added all up to "incompatibility", whatever all that encompasses. In Toronto, Steve spoke of culture differences and truly the Clooney past relationship with her from a status thing gnawed at him. If she would have been just another naked chick, that was what Steve wanted. That was NOT what Eli wanted. She saw right through him at one point. I think it was OVER before "he" officially dumped her. I think it was NO surprise to her. Just like the official "dumping by Clooney" those two BOTH had checked out long before the June 2011 press release. Relationships on the inside you will not ever get the real truth. We can only guess about the truth around the edges. The fact ended up, Mehcad is history, Steve is history.

You may be right Socimar, another gilded cage for Eli with Steve. Pictures hanging from the trees in the mountains, with a parrot at the beach, but she can't lead such a sparse lifestyle. IT IS NOT HER. Maybe both of them finally realized the mismatch. That is all it was, and of course THE WHOLE WORLD saw that on Day One of the two getting together.

George Fan
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 14:39

George Fan,
do you think Elisabetta went from the frying pan to the fire? Sacha Baron Cohen is only a little better jackass version than Steve-O. He was removed by security forces at the Oscar red carpet for throwing ashes on Ryan Seacrest pretending they were those of a deceased dictator. Elisabetta, however loves him, she thinks he is the funniest and most hilarious guy in the world and has seen all his movies including The Dictator which is presented in Cannes. By the way, it bombed in the US. Very bad movie, not as bad as Bruno but still bad. Only decent movie he has ever made was the first one, Borat.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

and more wine!!

I think she is being is paid for a publicity for his movie The Dictator
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 16 May 2012, 14:55

Good to see her working again, looks like she's having fun, haven't seen this happiness for awhile now. Maybe she is happier in Italy than LA.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 15:21

lucy wrote:Good to see her working again, looks like she's having fun, haven't seen this happiness for awhile now. Maybe she is happier in Italy than LA.

Absolutely, I agree with you 100%....so why does she want to come back to the US all the time???
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 16 May 2012, 15:27

She is working it's publicity for his new movie . Sacha is married with two kids.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 15:49

In the U.S., and I don't know what the Europeans take is on this at Cannes, but The Dictator was a HUGE BOMB of a movie. Sacha Baron Cohen is viewed as an actor as a loser, and one hit wonder from the movie Borat. A loser because of what he did with the ashes at the Oscars. TMZ said about Elisabetta with Steve-O, see ya on cable and with poor judgment associating with losers like Steve-O and Sacha she is headed down that path. This is a stunt for European consumption. It brings press. But bad press in the U.S. that reiterates that Elisabetta has no class. She is not helping her image at all in the U.S. I agree she does get lots more work in Italy and Europe and seems much more appreciated there and she is known only there. Someone should help her out with her judgment before deciding on which projects to choose. This one with Sacha would be a definite "pass". Do you see Meryl Streep doing stuff like this? Clearly no!

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 16:08

I was expecting another beautiful fashion photo shoot for Elisabetta on a yacht, like she did for Cavalli in Cannes last year, instead she fell back into her old habit of falling for jackasses.

To look inside the pants of Sacha Baron Cohen and measure his male organ with her hand does not require a one year intense acting classes and training in LA. She could have done that without stepping outside Milano and it would have saved her a lot of money. Sacha will not bring her to stardom, as a matter of fact people in the States are disgusted with him. He still makes cameo appearances in movies but above all he makes his living by lending his voice to cartoon characters like the "Madascar " series.

His new movie "The Dictator" bombed in the US and there was a review on The Washington Post last week that was awful.

I knew something was up with her and Sacha when several weeks ago she started talking about him and how hilarious he was and she kept going on and on and the movie The Dictactor had not come out yet. I think she was approached to do this publicity stunt for him at that time.

Yes, he is married to Isla Fisher after 8 years together, she had to convert to judaism to marry him and they have 2 daughters; however he still is a jackass, not as bad as Steve-O though.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 16 May 2012, 16:44

George Fan wrote:In the U.S., and I don't know what the Europeans take is on this at Cannes, but The Dictator was a HUGE BOMB of a movie. Sacha Baron Cohen is viewed as an actor as a loser, and one hit wonder from the movie Borat. A loser because of what he did with the ashes at the Oscars. TMZ said about Elisabetta with Steve-O, see ya on cable and with poor judgment associating with losers like Steve-O and Sacha she is headed down that path. This is a stunt for European consumption. It brings press. But bad press in the U.S. that reiterates that Elisabetta has no class. She is not helping her image at all in the U.S. I agree she does get lots more work in Italy and Europe and seems much more appreciated there and she is known only there. Someone should help her out with her judgment before deciding on which projects to choose. This one with Sacha would be a definite "pass". Do you see Meryl Streep doing stuff like this? Clearly no!
You can not make such comparisons! Elisabetta Canalis and Meryl Streep, Meryl Streep is 63 years old Ely 33, a plaintiff has established a film legend and almost the other a showgirl!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 16 May 2012, 16:48

Elisanetta Canalis Bikinis in Cannes, France
Sexy Elisabetta Canalis enjoys a sunny afternoon in a pink bikini at the Eden Roc Hotel during the 65th Cannes Film Festival in Antibes, France on May 16, 2012.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 16 May 2012, 18:23

socimar wrote: Sacha Baron Cohen is only a little better jackass version than Steve-O.
George Fan wrote: Sacha Baron Cohen is viewed as an actor as a loser, and one hit wonder from the movie Borat.
Sorry, neither of you could be further from the truth here. Sacha Baron Cohen is a comedian (not an actor) noted as one of the best in the country and well respected. Pretty much everything he has a hand in turns to gold. Too bad if this film was a flop, it's an exception.

He comes from a good family, is highly intelligent, well educated (went to Oxford or Cambridge, can't remember which ) and is known as being incredibly nice and decent.

He's a satirist. What he does is make fools of people for a living and I think both of you may have fallen for his act.

Not everyone gets his humour because it can be very raw, and on the knuckles on occasion. Most people either love his work or hate it. At his best he sees the failings, the pettiness of other humans and holds a cracked mirror up to them to show these weaknesses to the world. At his worst he can miss the point or step over the fine line from satirical humour to cruelty.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles failure because I think this will be the first time in his career that things didn't work out well for him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 19:10

Oh good, I'm glad you pointed this out, Katie. Subversion is his game, not everyone gets it, or likes it because it's way too close to the bone. The closest comparison is with UK satirist supreme, Chris Morris. A genius and credited as a big influence on him. It doesn't surprise me that SBC doesn't go over that well in mainstream America but that doesn't mean that the rest of the world views him in the same way. He's a completely different person away from the cameras; intelligent, clever, funny and very creative.

That said, his PR stunts for the Dictator have been irritating more than entertaining, and surprisingly lame considering the creativity that went into promoting Bruno and Borat, but again, it's not really a concern of his since his entire remit is to provoke. The reviews I've read are mixed: if you like and appreciate what he does, you'll find enough of SBC in the Dictator to enjoy and have a good laugh at, but I did get the feeling that even those reviewers who love his work are feeling a little lukewarm this time round.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 19:20

Making fun of dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea, the way I see it is not funny. It's juvenile. There is an audience for that. Absolutely, otherwise Universal would not keep going down this path. Many would rather have humor in their lives with some class. I think Anxala hit on the EXACT word for those who do not like it:

LAME.

Something you would expect from a 12 year old. Twelve year olds enjoy lame. The masses do not.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 19:22

Life After George
May 16, 2012 Posted at 5:57 PM
Lainey Posted by Lainey

While George Clooney talks to dogs and Stacy Keibler lives at “our house”, her predecessor is in Cannes, getting groped on a yacht by Admiral General Aladeen.

I mean...

I guess you always go back to your beginnings. Which means someday I’ll be a nerd again with thick glasses following around mah-jong ladies in Hong Kong.

Stunting is a Cannes ritual. Usually it’s the stars of an animated film making a spectacle at a photo call. One year Jerry Seinfeld, for Bee Movie, ziplined from the top of the Carlton to the beach. In costume. Seeing Sacha Baron Cohen here tiring out his Dictator routine is pretty predictable.

As for the former Italian Queen Elisabetta Canalis, well, word is George sent her off with a $10 million split bonus. But money is never enough, is it? Money doesn’t fill the fame void. I’m actually really surprised she and Gerard Butler haven’t found each other yet.

......a $10 million split bonus!!!!!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked affraid

Gerard Butler Coolio .... not bad .....
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 19:27

Sorry Katiedot but the film BRUNO was the worst he ever made a total flop, this one, THE DICTATOR, although it bombed completely the reviews say that it is a notch above Bruno, so that leaves only Borat that was acceptable.

After Borat was released not everyone was laughing, however. Several lawsuits were filed by several people—including the now notorious frat boys—claiming that they were duped by Cohen. He responded to this charge by saying, "'Oh, I wouldn't have acted so racist or anti-Semitic if I'd known this film was being shown in America.' That's no excuse," he told the Los Angeles Times.

Cohen made headlines while introducing an award at the 2009 MTV Movie Awards. Dressed as an angel, Cohen landed in rapper Eminem's lap after an "problem" with his wire harness. Cohen then exposed himself onstage to Eminem's cursing and threats.

This to me is Steve-O all over again!!

Last edited by socimar on Wed 16 May 2012, 19:30; edited 1 time in total
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 19:30

George Fan wrote:Making fun of dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea, the way I see it is not funny. It's juvenile. There is an audience for that. Absolutely, otherwise Universal would not keep going down this path. Many would rather have humor in their lives with some class. I think Anxala hit on the EXACT word for those who do not like it:

LAME.

Something you would expect from a 12 year old. Twelve year olds enjoy lame. The masses do not.

Dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea it is not funny, you're right GF. Neither juvenile. In some country it's just the reality. And the masses, in most cases, they do not care. These people are too far from our everyday ..... yes, we are surprised, scared if some movie star tells us what happens in those countries, but then things remains all the same ....
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 19:37

Barla, I was going to comment on that same observation about George and Elisabetta today, the HUGE contrast in their work. George is talking to a Golden Retriever making a commercial on the beach at Malibu while a whale goes in and out of the waves off shore. Tranquil, serene, classy. Elisabetta is making shocking news at Cannes with a stunt that involves peering down Sacha Baron Cohen's swim trunks on a luxury yacht as a promotion for another stupid trash movie. One classy role in entertainment. The other tasteless if I know they mean it to be funny. WORLDS apart these two with their careers.

Don't know anything about a $10 M split bonus but that sure would give anyone an I don't care what you think of me attitude. Back to sunbathing at the hotel by the pool!!!

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 19:42

This link has all the photos of Elisabetta and Sasha. There are some disgusting pics when she is putting cream on him and he looks like he is wearing thongs (???)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 19:44

Hey Mister DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby: it is with the first notes of "Music" that Madonna calls her extravagant personal MC - driver to "play them" the melody right. This strange man driving the Limo is nothing that Ali G aka Sacha Baron Cohen.

Origins and formation
Coming from a background of all respect, the star is the second of three children - Amnon and Erran - Gerald and Daniella. His father, a native of Wales, is a purchasing agent in the famous Piccadilly (famous street reserved for shopping). His mother, however, a teacher from the Israeli Persian roots.
Grown in the area between Staines and Spelthorne - with strict Jewish education - the star men studying at a private school in Elstree, and attended the St Columba's College, St Albans.
Very popular among their peers in the neighborhood, the boy is the leader of the West Staines Massive, the largest clan of Staines. Cousin of Professor Simon Baron Cohen (estimated professor of psychopathology), Sacha is part of the University of Cambridge in 1991. A model student, the young man becomes an activist of the Socialist-Zionist movement "Habonim Dror", and an excellent player-ga-ga ball.
During the period of the college, also is passionate about theater performing in "Fiddler on the Roof" and "Cyrano de Bergerac".
Three years later he graduated in history, producing a thesis on Jews in America. Subsequently, the artist is looking for gigs at several clubs in the British capital. He began as a resident DJ at 'The Crooked Billet' of Iver Heath, where he worked every Sunday for a few paltry pounds.
His performances zany, poignant and often irreverent concern on political and sexual.
Later, his clever little head gives birth to the irresistible character of Ali G, a gangster rapper bragging - comes from Staines - who poses jamaicano-from London.

The characters of Ali G and Borat
It is the comic debuted in 1998 when the English program 'The 11 O'Clock Show' on Channel 4, proving an unexpected success so bizarre that expressions such as 'booyakasha', 'aaaiii' and 'Minger', they become part of the vocabulary National.
He is thus proposed to create a sitcom of his own entitled 'Da Ali G Show'. Soon it becomes a global star: even the divine Madonna falls in love with our kid, so much that he decided in the video for "Music". The phenomenon Ali G is relentless to the point that in 2002 turns into films. Time passes and the star is reinvented, creating a new caricature: Borat, the Kazakh reporter with fixed pornography and the tendency to externalize an unusual anti-Semitic humor.
In 2006, Borat hits the big screen in the award-winning Borat - Cultural Learnings for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan that the fruit, even the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Comedy.

Recent work
In the same year, Baron Cohen is engaged in the cast of Ricky Bobby: The story of a man who knew how to count to one, opposite Will Ferrell.
Sacha has, once again, created another unusual person: Brüno, journalist gay fashion expert. In 2007, there he is intent on sharpening his razor in the shoes of Italian Adolfo Pirelli, in gothic musical Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Afterwards, is accused of counterfeiting in The Trial of the Chicago 7 Spielberg, if the row is not nobody in the comedy Dinner for Schmucks (French remake of The Dinner Game) and from the rock in Curly Oxide and Vic Thrill.
In 2012 comes an important role plays the station master who gives the nerves of the young protagonist of Hugo Cabret, by Martin Scorsese.

Privacy
Contrary to his vulgar characters, the star has a reputation as a gentleman. He is married to Australian actress Isla Fisher with whom he had a daughter Olive Cohen.

Paolo Mereghetti, Corriere della Sera

..not exactly as Steve-O, don't you think socimar???
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 19:48

George Fan wrote:Barla, I was going to comment on that same observation about George and Elisabetta today, the HUGE contrast in their work. George is talking to a Golden Retriever making a commercial on the beach at Malibu while a whale goes in and out of the waves off shore. Tranquil, serene, classy. Elisabetta is making shocking news at Cannes with a stunt that involves peering down Sacha Baron Cohen's swim trunks on a luxury yacht as a promotion for another stupid trash movie. One classy role in entertainment. The other tasteless if I know they mean it to be funny. WORLDS apart these two with their careers.

Don't know anything about a $10 M split bonus but that sure would give anyone an I don't care what you think of me attitude. Back to sunbathing at the hotel by the pool!!!

..what do you think george has paid for those photos taken with the golden retrivier? How do you think is possible to compare the angelic existence of george with that much more human and normal of EC? And above all .... why, there is still a bond between them as to be able to compare the actions??

.....and if I could ... I'd be happy to sunbathe by the pool ... but I can not .... No No
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 16 May 2012, 19:59

George Fan wrote:Making fun of dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea, the way I see it is not funny.
Yes, that's the point.

socimar wrote:this one, THE DICTATOR, although it bombed completely
It hasn't even opened yet. How on earth would you know if a film that isn't released until tomorrow has bombed?

socimar wrote:This to me is Steve-O all over again!!
I don't think you fully understand SteveO and it's obvious you have absolutely no understanding whatsoever of Sacha Baron Cohen.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Wed 16 May 2012, 20:15

Cohen is a fool there is line between funny and silly didn't u watch what happened on the Oscar's red carpet ,taking a degree from great University doesn't surely make you a good or smart respectful person alot of ppl like Bill gates didn't graduate and they are very respectful and others got it but like SC have nothing to do with respect or class ,if you are going to some great event and on the red carpet some one behave like that to you and your man what 'd u do? he just can do anything to steal the show and get a few minutes of attention that's cheap not comedy .IF he is really funny he wouldn't need doing such a thing ,celebrity would love and accept him because he is funny which he ISN'T , just LAME he is one bottom celebrity ,elisabetta have no brain or experience to take such a thing that's trashy and the pics are too not only the situation !
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 May 2012, 20:22

barla wrote:Dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea it is not funny, you're right GF. Neither juvenile. In some country it's just the reality. And the masses, in most cases, they do not care. These people are too far from our everyday ..... yes, we are surprised, scared if some movie star tells us what happens in those countries, but then things remains all the same ....
That's only part of the message, barla. SBC is satirising those so-called upstanding international leaders who indulge dictators when it suits their pockets and their agendas, despite knowing them for the utter barbarians they are and the blood they have on their hands. That's what all of SBC's work is about - holding a mirror up to hypocrisy, idiocy, bigotry and double standards.

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 20:27

Anxala wrote:
barla wrote:Dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea it is not funny, you're right GF. Neither juvenile. In some country it's just the reality. And the masses, in most cases, they do not care. These people are too far from our everyday ..... yes, we are surprised, scared if some movie star tells us what happens in those countries, but then things remains all the same ....
That's only part of the message, barla. SBC is satirising those so-called upstanding international leaders who indulge dictators when it suits their pockets and their agendas, despite knowing them for the utter barbarians they are and the blood they have on their hands. That's what all of SBC's work is about - holding a mirror up to hypocrisy, idiocy, bigotry and double standards.

...totally agree with you, anxala!!!!
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 21:04

barla wrote:Hey Mister DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby: it is with the first notes of "Music" that Madonna calls her extravagant personal MC - driver to "play them" the melody right. This strange man driving the Limo is nothing that Ali G aka Sacha Baron Cohen.

Barla,
that Paolo Mereghetti of Corriere della Sera should change job. First of all Sacha had two daughters and not one child. Secondly he has exposed himself (as I have already said above) and fallen in the lap of Eminem who cursed him, etc. That is what I meant when I said that he reminds me of Steve-O.

If you like him go ahead and watch The Dictator but if you thought Borat was HIGHlariously offensive, wait until you hear what comes out of Sacha Baron Cohen's mouth in The Dictator. Sacha was banned from the Oscar because of The Dictator but broke in dressed as a dictator and poured ashes over Ryan Seacrest (the Academy has strict rules against anyone using the red carpet as a political attack and his character, Aladeen – loosely based on Saddam Hussein – so was out of the question). He had to be escorted out by Security.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 21:24

The similarity I see between disgusting with Steve-O and Sacha, Steve-O exposed himself and urinated on the red carpet, Sacha dumped an urn of ashes on Ryan Seacrest. Maybe they are related.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course. That's why moviegoers vote or don't vote with their hard earned money.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 16 May 2012, 21:30

You know what difference there is between the old and the new continent? In old Europe there is more history and you know life, irony and satire handed down to us from the Greeks and Romans and America lacks this culture which is why you do not understand the satire and irony and take everything as if it were the life of every day! is ridiculous what you are write Sasha Baron Cohen! He is a satirist, a comic .........!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 21:34

Katiedot wrote:
George Fan wrote:Making fun of dictators who oppressed people and throwing body bags with murder into the sea, the way I see it is not funny.
Yes, that's the point.

socimar wrote:this one, THE DICTATOR, although it bombed completely
It hasn't even opened yet. How on earth would you know if a film that isn't released until tomorrow has bombed?

socimar wrote:This to me is Steve-O all over again!!
I don't think you fully understand SteveO and it's obvious you have absolutely no understanding whatsoever of Sacha Baron Cohen.

The reviews have been out for weeks and weeks on newspapers and on TV. The better one is from The Washington Post of a couple of days ago. Don't know if I can upload it but will try:

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 16 May 2012, 21:53

lelacorb wrote:You know what difference there is between the old and the new continent? In old Europe there is more history and you know life, irony and satire handed down to us from the Greeks and Romans and America lacks this culture which is why you do not understand the satire and irony and take everything as if it were the life of every day! is ridiculous what you are write Sasha Baron Cohen! He is a satirist, a comic .........!

FIRST OF ALL LELA, THERE ARE NO AMERICANS WHO LACK CULTURE.
AMERICANS ARE THE GREEK, THE ROMANS, THE JEWISH, THE ARMENIANS, ETC. ETC. WHO ALL CAME HERE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER AND ALL OF THEM HAVE BROUGHT PART OF THEIR CULTURE TO THIS COUNTRY. THE FACT IS THAT EUROPE IS GETTING A BIT DECADENT (TOO OLD PERHAPS??) AND THEIR SATIRE AND IRONY IS PASSE' BY AMERICAN STANDARD.
And also explain what the hell does everybody want to come here, including Elisabetta, her crowd and half of the Italian movie stars now is we lack culture, do not understand satire and irony?
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 21:58

socimar wrote:
barla wrote:Hey Mister DJ put a record on, I wanna dance with my baby: it is with the first notes of "Music" that Madonna calls her extravagant personal MC - driver to "play them" the melody right. This strange man driving the Limo is nothing that Ali G aka Sacha Baron Cohen.

Barla,
that Paolo Mereghetti of Corriere della Sera should change job. First of all Sacha had two daughters and not one child. Secondly he has exposed himself (as I have already said above) and fallen in the lap of Eminem who cursed him, etc. That is what I meant when I said that he reminds me of Steve-O.

If you like him go ahead and watch The Dictator but if you thought Borat was HIGHlariously offensive, wait until you hear what comes out of Sacha Baron Cohen's mouth in The Dictator. Sacha was banned from the Oscar because of The Dictator but broke in dressed as a dictator and poured ashes over Ryan Seacrest (the Academy has strict rules against anyone using the red carpet as a political attack and his character, Aladeen – loosely based on Saddam Hussein – so was out of the question). He had to be escorted out by Security.

...Mereghetti is a film critic among the most popular in Europe, what are you do?? I recognize your ability to find information, but do not overdo it with the presumption to believe inept a professional who wrote that article not two days ago, but exactly when Cohen was just a child ... time passes ... the views may diverge, but someone said the same things even Groucho Marx in his day was considered a desecration, outrageous and stupid .... so also the Monty Piton etc ... periods.
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 22:02

Well Sacha Baron Cohen may be a satirist and comic but he has not ONCE made me laugh for even one second, so we just must have a different sense of what funny is. To me, he does stupid things!!!

Culture is whatever you are used to. It is a set of local customs and behaviors and is to be respected when in the community you visit. We all can learn a lot from each other's cultures. Respect is the key and listening keenly to what others like and dislike without putting a right or wrong judgment on it. A preference yes, but only local laws can set the right or wrong from that society.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 22:04

socimar wrote:
lelacorb wrote:You know what difference there is between the old and the new continent? In old Europe there is more history and you know life, irony and satire handed down to us from the Greeks and Romans and America lacks this culture which is why you do not understand the satire and irony and take everything as if it were the life of every day! is ridiculous what you are write Sasha Baron Cohen! He is a satirist, a comic .........!

AMERICANS ARE THE GREEK, THE ROMANS, THE JEWISH, THE ARMENIANS, ETC. ETC. WHO ALL CAME HERE AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER AND ALL OF THEM HAVE BROUGHT PART OF THEIR CULTURE TO THIS COUNTRY. THE FACT IS THAT EUROPE IS GETTING A BIT DECADENT (TOO OLD PERHAPS??) AND THEIR SATIRE AND IRONY IS PASSE' BY AMERICAN STANDARD.
And also explain what the hell does everybody want to come here, including Elisabetta, her crowd and half of the Italian movie stars now is we lack culture, do not understand satire and irony?

..we are differentculture, obviusly, but the most stupid thing now, is to offend each other here because of two person who may like them or not, but they are doing their job .... finish this! If someone does not like Cohen, perfect, if the suspect is not like everything elisabetta does, as well ..... but we remain civil, please.
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 16 May 2012, 22:09

why on earth are we talking about this guy? and even wasting time arguing. Eli was working with him its not like she is dating him.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 22:12

socimar wrote:

....also the Italians: Al Capone, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, Francis Ford Coppola, Martin Scorsese, Bruce Springsteen (his mother is italian), Frank Sinatra, dean Martin, Frank Capra, Rudolph Valentino...etc....oh...Joe Di Maggio, of course....
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Wed 16 May 2012, 22:17

The next mrs clooney wrote:why on earth are we talking about this guy? and even wasting time arguing. Eli was working with him its not like she is dating him.

...I suppose it is a way as any to continue to criticize what the canalis does..... instead of sanctifying Clooney's current girlfriend, it's better insulting the unworthy previous one....don't you think????
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 16 May 2012, 22:19

ingleseitalianospagnolo

I wanted to explain something, I do not like Saha Baron Cohen, but I understand the satire and not think he's stupid because it's satire because satire would not exist without the comedy and the cinema. What I do not enjoy many other people could enjoy and I have no right to judge but I have an open mind and I can understand, what I struggle to endure is a closed mind, and blurred the critics only ........ .............!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 16 May 2012, 22:22

To truly be Italian you have to be born in italy, many of these actors were born in the US and are americans. There ancestry is italian. being from europe and now living in america I find that so many people never say they are american and connect more to the ancestry from Europe. America has become such a collection of different cultures that even my american friends find it hard to define what is the american culture. I don't think Lela meant that americans have no culture it just that is a country that is made up of so many different cultures that it's true identity is often not clear to others. each continent is different and one is not better than the other we really don't need to start a war on COH about it.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 16 May 2012, 22:29

The next mrs clooney wrote:To truly be Italian you have to be born in italy, many of these actors were born in the US and are americans. There ancestry is italian. being from europe and now living in america I find that so many people never say they are american and connect more to the ancestry from Europe. America has become such a collection of different cultures that even my american friends find it hard to define what is the american culture. I don't think Lela meant that americans have no culture it just that is a country that is made up of so many different cultures that it's true identity is often not clear to others. each continent is different and one is not better than the other we really don't need to start a war on COH about it.

I agree with you but for me it is inevitable clash with people who always judge when something comes out of the box because I was too educated for tolerance towards something that I like and do not always understand!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 16 May 2012, 23:03

Here's some video from ETOnline

Not a SBC fan but I don't mind him when he is himself...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by George Fan Wed 16 May 2012, 23:22

We are talking about her duh cause she is lathering up some dude's near naked butt with cream and checking out his privates!!!

THAT is her WORK!!!

Not your typical showgirl job.

George Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Thu 17 May 2012, 00:46

Oh Betty. I thought you were past this type of thing. I also thought you knew better. She has gone full circle. Back to the days of being nothing more than a try-hard famewhore willing to do anything for attention, free vacation and a pay cheque trading on her body as her only commodity..… Sad thing for Betty is that the performance on the yacht is probably her best “acting” gig.

Why would she do this? Is the phone not ringing in the States at all for her to think this is a good idea and that this is the best way to get herself some attention outside of Italy??
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 17 May 2012, 03:03

barla wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:why on earth are we talking about this guy? and even wasting time arguing. Eli was working with him its not like she is dating him.

...I suppose it is a way as any to continue to criticize what the canalis does..... instead of sanctifying Clooney's current girlfriend, it's better insulting the unworthy previous one....don't you think????

I don't sanctify Stacey if that is what you mean but I still have to see her looking inside a man's bathing trunk even if only as a stunt. Stacey is getting classier and classier and Elisabetta is getting dirtier (that's the right word). Don't believe what I say about her because you know I don't like her, just read all the blogs of all the italian website, your "compaesani" and read the comments.

socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Thu 17 May 2012, 03:17

Sasha Baron Cohen was in the Academy nominated film Hugo, and he is in the upcoming film Les Miserable, with Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway, sorry but this is an amazing upgrade in work for her.

Granted some of his comedic adventures are not to my taste, but obviously some people like it. The Dictator has not been majorly released yet in the US, so who knows how it will do doubt it will duplicate Borat, but on Rotten Tomatoes it is a see. So more good reviews than bad from the critics. Not my taste, but hardly Steve-O and Jackass.

Still did anyone notice Lainey said Eli got a 10million split payout from George. Really not heard this before is this why we only get the quotes about "fatherly" relationships and nothing else. She seemed like the one who would talk or b****ch. Guess 10 million would keep me quiet too.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 17 May 2012, 05:09

socimar wrote:
barla wrote:

I don't sanctify Stacey if that is what you mean but I still have to see her looking inside a man's bathing trunk even if only as a stunt. Stacey is getting classier and classier and Elisabetta is getting dirtier (that's the right word). Don't believe what I say about her because you know I don't like her, just read all the blogs of all the italian website, your "compaesani" and read the comments.

Socimar, we know, you have to read only those blogs that considered as a canalis (and therefore also those such as SK), parasites without any quality. And I doubt that you find someone in my "compaesanis" who can find the least attractive SK or classier.
Too often confuse what a job as an escort to the GC results: of course, what GC needs to be her escort at the time. Do you remember that one of the great loves, George was a porn star, so ....

The canalis now has to deal only on what little they can do, because being the ex of someone, very often, not enough ....
Dirtier and dirtier? perhaps, so in Italy as in the U.S. there are far worse that have a certain celebrity ..... kisses ...SK classier? when it'll be over,she'll return to be and do what she did before ...no class before, no class after...only meanwhile...as for EC....kisses
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Thu 17 May 2012, 07:35

SK is being smart and i don't see her date eggs or jackass after becoming clooney's EX ,stacy looking is way better on the red carpets and on "almost bikinis" on mags covers sound nice with no spot of cellulite on her ass or her envious legs ,but as for Elisabetta she is just keep taking whatever is serving to her with no chance to pick so she take a lot of trash she acts that WAY IS Embarrassing to be noticed in cannes while Stacy had Halley berry on her side and spent a day with P of the USA so stace got classy YUP! and some chances that Elisabetta will never have .
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next