George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4

+36
Natascha
ladydi
it's me
Merlin
fluffy
m4rose
playfuldeb
sandwiches
bunny
marina
fava
socimar
pandabear
Bidbod
Snoopy
watching
Ello
bellybaby
Summer
LornaDoone
Lighterside
lolo"layla"
Stonehenge who?
Casey
cindigirl
Clooney
laetval
melbert
Dexterdidit
doris day
Charley
sisieq
Atalante
Katiedot
blubelle
lucy
40 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 18:38

Boy, you have to give a hands-up to the Italian paps.

Thumbs up!
...Or were they papping Eli?...
cheers
Don't shoot me ...

Bullet stop
I won't bluebelle, don't worry about it!
..but I think they look very much like a couple.
Indeed and an out of tune one(except for the matching clothes)! kind of miserable if you ask me...
Couples out to diner talk to other people at the table and even text. He isn't looking as hunky as he did. I guess life in the fast lane is catching up..
I am sorry, I would just text if I was waiting for a really important call (I would tell people in advance) or if the convo was extremely boring/excrutiating... I think it's really rude, but maybe I am the only one who acts this way...
Man, what a weird way to live.
You are just jealous sandwiches! hehehe...Just because they are a real happy couple! Love3

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4

Post by Natascha Wed 15 Jun 2011, 18:44

In Germany we already consider it as disrespectful towards the people who are with you when your phone just lies on the table, let alone texting..

Last edited by Natascha on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 18:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 15 Jun 2011, 19:03

Interesting how George choice of chair is the one with his back to the window. Can't imagine what it must be like to always wonder if you are being photographed, wouldn't want that life for all the tea in China!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 15 Jun 2011, 19:23

@Natascha - I don't think Eli will ever get an award for being respectful to people. LOL

@Lucy, Obviously he sits with his back to the window because he doesn't want to be papped. I don't blame you for not wanting his life.

Where is our George who always willingly gave interviews, etc.? SOB
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 20:09

@Cindigirl: I hear you! That's the reason I keep posting good old interviews, Smile.

@Lucy: Did you see his face when he turn and saw he was being photographed? pi*sed o*f! I am scared now to ask for a kiss on my cheek...

@ Natascha: Phew, I am not the only one! yeah, by the way I usually turn off my cell phone.

Can I make a little joke?please, please... In the pic where Eli has her usual b*atch face, while GC is talking to Ben, she might be thinking: " hmmm, so this is his friend the girls on clooneysopenhouse blog mentioned who worked with Jennifer Aniston? Argh, I have to be nice to him"

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 15 Jun 2011, 20:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 15 Jun 2011, 21:05

@Louis I just posted a 1999 Clooney interview on "Where is George Now". It's long but cute.

He was "chatty" then. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 01:04

Thank you Cindigirl, I will check it out now!

ps: These photos are all over the internet. I guess he gave in to her complaints that people didn't believe their relationship was real. He was probably tired of her whining in her terrible broken English. Make happy
See? Her Eli-way-I-Get-What-I-Want is very amusing! Superdupercool

Last edited by LouisLane on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 01:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 16 Jun 2011, 01:37

LouisLane wrote:Thank you Cindigirl, I will check it out now!

ps: These photos are all over the internet. I guess he gave in to her complaints that people didn't believe their relationship was real. He was probably tired of her whining in her terrible broken English. Make happy
See? Her Eli-way-I-Get-What-I-Want is very amusing! Superdupercool

As I said many times several times, ELI does what Eli wants and she will win at the end. Below is the comment from the above phot
os.

George & the Italian Queen are STILL NOT broken up
Remember last week some dumbass tabloid published a story about George ending it with Elisabetta Canalis on the SAME DAY new photos of them together were released in Italy? Then I got mad because so many of you emailed all like – OMG GEORGE IS SINGLE AGAIN!!!!!!! even though I had just bought those photos to post that morning...

The Canucks are making me grumpy!

Also, George Clooney is STILL NOT single.

He’s with the Italian Queen at his summer home in Lake Como. They were out for dinner with some friends last night. And yes, this is AFTER her comments about marrying eventually and having babies. What did I say last week about her Game? Click here for a refresher. Ely knows EXACTLY what she’s doing.

Photos from Marco Vicino/Splashnewsonline.com
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 16 Jun 2011, 01:55

Lainey also said very clearly that she thought Sarah and george would marry after seeing them at the Met ball and seeing how in love they were. They broke up a couple of weeks later! LOL Eli only looks happy when she notices the paps before that she looks bored and miserable. They don't look like a happy couple to me look at face when he is talking to her. He is not happy about the paps and she is thrilled even leaving you can see the distance. Ben sat next to George not Eli and George seems happier talking to his makes then with Eli. The phone thing is no surprise the girl isn't known for her manners. Still on the path for the breakup but she is getting PR for her new show. But I guess George wouldn't play along as much as she wanted. Who goes to dinner with their PR person yet again. Having Val there makes it seem like a working dinner.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 02:04

@Socimar: from now on, I will be surprised if they indeed break up because She has done and said too much Sh*it that 3 of his ex-bimbos girlfriends combined didn't get even close to, and got voted off GC's life. She is here to stay, she won't give up the good life fairy tale easily and she won't go away quietly either. Shit hits the fan
I am convinced the saying to each their own is so true in this case!
They do deserve each other, but I still wish she would not show up in any of his red carpets or premieres. A girl can dream, can't she? Smile

@dexterdidit: I was posting to socimar and just saw your comment. You are always spot on! It didn't occur to me that Val was there, were they negociating a deal to end the relationship? LOL! But I stil maintain what I said to socimar. I will believe it when it happen! But they are indeed not pleased with each other and she loves the paps, doesn't she? she smiles more to the cameras than she does to HER man! Won\'t share

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 02:08

I always thought Val was blonde? The woman who attended the LFF, stood with EC while George did his thing?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 16 Jun 2011, 05:54

I was thinking, I know these pics were prob 3-5 minutes of possibly a 2 hour meal, however I still believe the saying that a picture is worth a thousand words. And, the picture that speaks the loudest, IMHO, is the one where George turns around and EC has a huge smile.

Can't remember how long ago it was, but George said once that he knows he has no privacy when he goes out. So why in the last year or so he seems so upset when the paps are there? Having said that, of course we don't know who mentioned that paps were taking photos, but knowing that he gets upset, why say something and ruin the evening? Keep the knowledge to yourself and if you have to, tell him later. And, it seems that now more than ever George turns and looks at the paps. Just take it for granted that they are there and get on with his life. Its not that he tried and kept EC hidden as his secret love. Everyone knows she the type that begs for attention. As someone said (sorry forgot who) he is looking very foolish.

Who has a good memory! Lainey credited Splashnews for the photos. Is this this the same photo agency who would usually be the ones who showed up whenever EC went out? Thanks!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 06:40

CRS!!!!!!! Wasn't it the same paps that got the bike pics of them and co. while riding around Malibu, and wasn't that at the end of 2010? For some reason it feels like the agency name began with an S.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? Thu 16 Jun 2011, 08:37

She does what she wants. If he allows her.
She will stay to the end.
If he agrees.
No more words on her, in two years shes ruined the image I had of him. He looks like nothing but an old fart. Sad Crying or Very sad

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Thu 16 Jun 2011, 09:56

Interesting.

Elisabetta Canalis George Clooney News: long faces by candlelight

Somehow (I do not know if you've noticed) the press tends to exalt them as the happiest couple in the world, hardly ever had problems, never a fight, never a conflict of any kind. Result? As envied and talked about coming to seem both non-human. Belli, smalianti, well dressed, but ... "fake" in some ways. I speak of course of the super couple of the star system formed by George Clooney and Elisabetta Canalis. In spite of all I much prefer them when they are caught hiding in attitudes of "normal" as in what you see in the picture I put at the bottom of the article. Sitting at the table of the famous restaurant Il Gatto Nero (crazy lovely place with a view of Lake Como), the two have just finished dinner by candlelight. Result? George has his eyes closed and do not know if you're falling asleep at the risk of falling with his face on the table or whether it is in simple meditation (always in vogue in the habits of celebrities). Elizabeth, on the other hand, no one knows who or what is staring with a long snout that is frightening. Yet we would put my hand on fire (candle) that have not had a fight. They look more like the classic married couple for years that the usual routine is to move out to eat out instead of staying home and ended up getting bored with the double, as if the problem is not the place to stay, but the fact that there is almost no dialogue between them. Of course, now I'm playing a little 'with the imagination and I'm sure Clooney and Canalis have arguments galore to talk and laugh, but if it is true that often the images speak for themselves to you what comes to mind watching this shot?

George is in Italy at the time because of an advertising campaign for a bank of our country, even though it is now at home in Como (with a house) is not forced to come to "visit" just for work commitments or similar . We know how much love our Earth, and even this will always be welcome. And a break here, based on good food, clean air and climate of a certain type has more than any other holiday! Especially compared to what might Clooney found in London, between rain and sun Pale, where he is filming the filming of her new movie Gravity. As for Elizabeth, we'll see tonight on TV alongside of Alfonso Signorini to present The Night of the chefs, the new Channel 5 show where you already know that there will also be the Prince Emanuele Filiberto of Savoy and Rino Gattuso. Appointment not to be missed, because I myself have also just want to see how they fare in the kitchen!

In a recent interview said Canalis to be fed up with everything that you read around the two of them and the fact that he has repeatedly stressed not to marry her and not wanting to have kids. Not that you can put the rumors to rest with simple disputes, however, I think, especially to see them. In fact, look just one of those couples married for years and whose only thought to run back home to send the babysitter to bed and lie in turn on the bed, exhausted, hoping to sleep at least six hours before they play the travel alarm clock to go to work and take children to school ... I think now are much more related to what they themselves think. Is it not true that the body language and facial features more than a thousand words?
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 Empty The mystery of Betty's horseriding may be explained

Post by Katiedot Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:02

For those who still care! Remember how one recent interview said Betty had recently been horseriding (actually I think they said jumping) in Cowarth park near London and we couldn't figure it out? Well, read on:

From this is london
Hats off to Ascot's green, country retreat

Evening Standard 16 Jun 2011

Set between leafy Ascot - whose 300-year-old races are on this week until Saturday - and ­Wentworth, Coworth Park sits in a sprawling 240-acre site with an equestrian centre, two polo fields, three restaurants and a spa.

It's perfect for Dorchester fans (Coworth Park is part of the Dorchester Collection [which is where George stayed in London - Katiedot]) to pootle down for a bit of nature and space without compromising on ­service and style.

George Clooney and Pierce Brosnan have checked in and Cheryl Cole stayed here during last year's X Factor after the hotel's low-key opening; if I were her, I'd hole up here again.

Unless you like your country-house hotel muddy and rugged, it would be hard to pick fault with the hotel's gleaming white, once Georgian exterior (I say "once" as little more than a shell remains of the original mansion).

The same applies inside, which is all the work of interior designers Fox Linton (the Grove and the Athenaeum). Less glitzy than the Grove, the style is more muted yet still glamorous. Horse motifs are used playfully throughout, from subtle horseshoes on bed linen to pop-art portraits.

My room proved that hotels were so right to "chuck out that chintz" way back when, with its layer upon layer of muted tones of cream; walls were lined with fabric instead of paper and heavy drapes skimmed the smoked oak floorboards. Despite the lack of palpable colour, different textures make for an unexpectedly homely feel. Attention to detail means ugly plug sockets are concealed and copper-clad baths come with book rests.

Views over the hotel's immature ­gardens (one of the downsides of a new hotel is the need for green spaces to catch up) were still pleasant, with carved wooden benches, water features and flowers colouring the scene with waving heads of pale pink and yellow.

There is a formal restaurant headed by two-Michelin-starred chef John Campbell who oversees all food, lured here from the award-winning Vineyard at Stockcross.

I ate dinner in the Barn, more in the mood for the low-key, informal offering in a glass-fronted two-storey converted barn a stroll or buggy-ride away from the main house. Among the posh locals in rugger shirts with upturned collars and weekend jeans, you could probably jump off a horse and sit down in wellies if you wanted.

The low level of my scrubbed wooden table put me in mind of the time I had a chat with my daughter's primary school teacher sat at one of the children's tables. But my meal certainly was an improvement on school dinners: smooth potted salmon in a glass-lidded pot with horseradish and rustic sourdough toast and juicy free-range chicken with polenta. Much of the food is locally sourced and seasonal, using vegetables grown in the hotel's garden.

Hotels - particularly indulgent, ­luxurious hotels along the lines of Coworth Park - are notoriously
unenvironmental, yet behind the scenes Coworth has set in place many green measures. This is the first hotel in the UK to grow its own carbon-neutral fuel supply made from willow. Grown on 12 acres, the coppice willow fuels the bio-mass boiler. The hotel will become totally sustainable in the crop after three years.

Pipes buried under the meadows provide chilled water for the air-conditioning process and the
spa was built underground as a sustainable building with low-energy requirements.

The spa is stunning: a semi-­concealed sweep of glass and timber with a herb-garden roof. Inside it's as sleek and sterile as a clinic, yet nature peeps in with the views of the hotel's acreage through the multiple floor-to-ceiling windows, while the walls are adorned with sculptures of bulrushes. The pool is lined on one side with amethyst crystals and has underwater muzac.

My 80-minute organic Dr Alkaitis Skin Food facial (an originally ­Hungarian range, now US-based) was intriguing from the start as I ­spotted a tube of squeezy honey on the bedside table. I realised the "food" ­element was literal - oats and, later, a mixture including Brussels sprouts, were applied.

Lymphatic drainage techniques were surprisingly relaxing, followed by comments along the lines of "have you just been on holiday?"

My final indulgence, breakfast, was a visual feast, eaten under a copper halo of intertwined oak leaves and giant acorns, overlooking tennis courts. The full-English was practically perfect: poached eggs, sausage (well done) and crispy bacon. Toast - brown and white - was presented in alternate colours, not essential obviously, but you have to note the effort.

As I checked out, a slightly cross man was complaining to reception staff - of what I never learned. Perhaps he just wanted a glimpse of Cheryl Cole…

Coworth Park, Blacknest Road, Ascot, Berkshire, SL5 7SE has doubles from £235 B&B, coworthpark.com
An Ascot Ladies' Day package for guests in suites includes the loan of a hat from the Stephen Jones OBE designed collection, suites from £555 B&B.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 12:52

Well maybe she didn't lie this time ummmm!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 13:03

Who knows, who cares,I'm tired of picking every photo apart for clues. George isn't sticking to his old habits this time around or so it seems. When they break up, if they break-up,it would blow my mind if he fathered a child!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 16 Jun 2011, 13:49

LouisLane wrote:@Socimar: from now on, I will be surprised if they indeed break up because She has done and said too much Sh*it that 3 of his ex-bimbos girlfriends combined didn't get even close to, and got voted off GC's life. She is here to stay, she won't give up the good life fairy tale easily and she won't go away quietly either. Shit hits the fan
I am convinced the saying to each their own is so true in this case!
They do deserve each other, but I still wish she would not show up in any of his red carpets or premieres. A girl can dream, can't she? Smile

@dexterdidit: I was posting to socimar and just saw your comment. You are always spot on! It didn't occur to me that Val was there, were they negociating a deal to end the relationship? LOL! But I stil maintain what I said to socimar. I will believe it when it happen! But they are indeed not pleased with each other and she loves the paps, doesn't she? she smiles more to the cameras than she does to HER man! Won\'t share

While the two of them looked very pensive and not in such a great mood at dinner, on the way out to the car he is holding his arm around her waist, look at pic #3 (outside the restaurant) you can see a bit of George hand. You will have a better view in other similar photos that I have seen online (popsugar maybe?). George's hand is clearly visible in those photos and is protecting her...like she always say...He protects me and I feel so secure with him!
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 16 Jun 2011, 13:51

Does the horse-riding explain why she's so bandy in the legs then?!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 16 Jun 2011, 14:05

Well she hasn't done it for over 10 years but her bow legs may help. It could also show that Eli read brochure for the hotel! I just find it funny not a single tweet about her and the press love those sort of places. I also find it hard to believe that someone would just let her get on a horse and do jumps when she hasn't ridden for so long! It takes training and practice it isn't something you just pick up again after so long. She may off gone for a horse ride but who knows with Eli. Going by George's looks when he is with her I'm thinking they may off not spent so much time together and going off with the horses was all she could do.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 18:14

@socimar: I saw it ...please, they are together but I don't buy the happy couple that is sold on the media, Smile. Good for them if they are so happy they can pretend they aren't! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 16 Jun 2011, 18:19

I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to be smiling at each other the whole time during a dinner when there are other people also dining with them - especially as they've been together for two years now, so the honeymoon period is definitely over.

That said, in this set of pictures they're completely ignoring each other which I also don't think is quite normal either. they only look like they're together when he puts his arm around her to walk her to the car. Something he did becaue the paps were there do you think?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 18:58

Katie, I think gentleman George would put his arm around any woman he was escorting to a car. IMO that's the way he is.

George is smiling and holding a conversaion, but Eli looks anything but happy. Even when people were joking she was serious. There's seriously something wrong with her.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Thu 16 Jun 2011, 19:24

lucy wrote:CRS!!!!!!! Wasn't it the same paps that got the bike pics of them and co. while riding around Malibu, and wasn't that at the end of 2010? For some reason it feels like the agency name began with an S.
LOL, lucy, S as in Splashnews? See my comment/question just above yours - the last paragraph.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 4 - Page 20 Empty cheers

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 20:02

I agree, George is a gentleman regardless of any situation that may be happening. You gotta remember there are crazies out there. It looks like he walked her over to her vehicle and made sure no one was on the other side. I bet he’s the type, if you were dating him and it snowed, even though he was out of town, he’d magically have a path shoveled for you wherever you went. cheers

Last edited by Cinderella on Thu 16 Jun 2011, 20:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cheers)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 20:10

@Katiedot: well said! The way he ignores her is unbelieveable, she is living in a fairy tale alone...
@Cinderella: one of my ex-boyfriends is a womanizer, but a gentleman nonetheless (I know gentleman doesn't go with womanizer, but that's how he was/is). Maybe is something in the water of Ohio-Kentucky...My ex born in Cincinnati...

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 16 Jun 2011, 20:24

"if you were dating him and it snowed, even though he was out of town, he’d magically have a path shoveled for you wherever you went."

Cinderella, hahahaha I bet he would too!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 17 Jun 2011, 01:05

LOL Or he would appear and put down his jacket for you to walk over. Yes, I agree it is very strange. He doesn't seem to put his arm around her that long she ends up walking to the car ahead of him. Ignoring each other and her face shows something is happening and she doesn't like it. George looks fine with everyone but her!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 17 Jun 2011, 03:12

Well, if I was sitting across from George, NO ONE could wipe the smile off my face!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 17 Jun 2011, 03:43

I don't think she's unhappy, I think we forget that her first language is Italian and English is a second language. So if the rest of the table was speaking English there may be times when she might not understand everything that is being said.

If I were at a table where the people were speaking a language that wasn't English (even if I had some knowledge of the language) I'd probably just concentrate on my dinner and speaking to my manager too.

JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 17 Jun 2011, 03:45

Think I'll mosey over to imdb to see what Koo Koo for Coco Puffs is saying now that these pictures are out there! Brahahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney Fri 17 Jun 2011, 04:22

melbert wrote:Well, if I was sitting across from George, NO ONE could wipe the smile off my face!!!

Maybe not smiling... but pissing and fainting.
Clooney
Clooney
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Jun 2011, 05:03

LornaDoone wrote:I don't think she's unhappy, I think we forget that her first language is Italian and English is a second language. So if the rest of the table was speaking English there may be times when she might not understand everything that is being said.

If I were at a table where the people were speaking a language that wasn't English (even if I had some knowledge of the language) I'd probably just concentrate on my dinner and speaking to my manager too.

JMO
Yep, I had forgotten that. Although I speak a few languages, I do tune out after a while over dinner because it is hard to concentrate all the time in a second language. She may also have been tired.

It still bothers me that they don't seem to interact at all during the dinner, but then we don't know what happened the whole time. If the paps came towards the end of the meal, which is what it looks like, then who knows what they were like when they first sat down.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 17 Jun 2011, 08:48

Louislane, I luv your avatar! Gee is s gentleman when all said and done. He would always look after a woman, even those he doesn't like!!! It's the way he's brought up.
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 14:34

Thank you fluffly! I felt inspired with the pics of GC and the boys that Laetval posted! Smile

Yeah, it's true that it happens you are tired and don't focus on a second language. But, as ESL speaker myself, I usually tried to pay more attention when I was out with my boyfriend (back then) and his friends to understand as much as I could and even ask him later what he meant...

But again that's what I would do and thank God I am not Eli!!!!

Yes, I do agree we just saw photos a bit before they left right?so... who knows? whatever... I say meh to this couple!hehehe
As Katiedot pointed out before, maybe he put his arm around her because he saw the paps were around. Also, we know she reads gossip news, she probably saw everybody's comments about the Milan pictures and how he was not actually holding her.

Anyway...still don't buy this love story.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 14:56

Ya know, I would have been paying attention to everything George was saying especially since this is supposedly her “future husband”. If George was talking business I’d be very interested to see what was happening next. No matter if I didn’t understand but a few words. At least I’d get part of it and since it would involve some part of “my” life, I’d be very interested. She’s not interested in George! Since it had nothing to do about her, she dismissed it! BOREDOM set in. – I was married for many years but every time business was discussed, I listened.

@LouisLane I don't buy this love story either!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 17 Jun 2011, 15:03

@Cinderella, I totally agree with you. When you're with someone you care about you should appear to at least listen. I don't think Eli is interested in anyone but herself.

And, I was married for many years too and would like to introduce her to my ex-husband. He'd put her in her place pronto. That would be Karma! LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2011, 15:14

I have five brothers and would love to introduce her to a couple of them! Spliff

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 17 Jun 2011, 15:25

Cinders, I have a brother but wouldn't wish that upon even him!!! Blood must be reasonably thick don't you think?? Let some poor stooge have her!

-------

fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20