George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5

+42
pandabear
elymania
Summer
Casey
Lella_la_bella
Charley
NotAvailable
fava
iamnoone
noodle
ladydi
Stonehenge who?
watching
MM
it's me
maria4
marina
Admin
LornaDoone
Merlin
Clooney
Snoopy
lelacorb
sandwiches
melbert
premiere
doris day
blubelle
Henway
Atalante
socimar
m4rose
cindigirl
Bidbod
laetval
bellybaby
fluffy
Katiedot
Dexterdidit
Natascha
lucy
sisieq
46 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5

Post by fluffy Tue 28 Jun 2011, 13:59

Watching, I agree since there were those pictures where Gee was supposed to have had the "baby" pushed at him?? and they went for dinner with her folks. Having said that, I've just been looking at magazines (UK) and we have a version of The Enquirer over here, which has all th US gossip, which says that George is having a child with Liz!!!! Nothing about the breakup or argument, just saying that after having looked after Louis for Sandra on his OWN one night in London, he's now changed his mind!! Stone me!!!!!! I'd sue this rag!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5 - Page 18 Empty Re: Elisabetta Canalis - girlfriend 2009 - 2011 part 5

Post by Charley Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:15

[quote=In his interview with Vanityfair.it, papa Canalis said that GC would have made a good son-in-law...but it is up to my daughter to decide. This would make you think that it might have been Canalis to dump Clooney and not him to dump her (like Signorini said). The article goes on saying that papa Canalis is a kind, honest and reserved gentleman who buys newpapers and magazines that concern her daughter and lives in a small 2 story villa (one of several residences) where Eli has spent a few days a few weeks ago without George who, by the way, has never been set foot there. Where is Elisabetta? Isn't she coming now to console her parents?. I don't know says papa Canalis, her plans keep changing, Who knows?. He smiles. From the balcony mamma Bruna shakes her head " For now she won't come" she says. Signora Bruna, dark hair and a looking a lot like her daughter explains that "Elisabetta is very upset, but who wouldn't be in these circumstances?". During the whole interview papa Canalis never pronounced the name of George but speaking of him his eyes light up " Very nice guy, very funny. Very down to earth". He however downplays the split " there won't be any drama, everything will pass even this unhappy event". [/quote]

Don't Mama and Papa Canalis have a holiday home - maybe that's where George and Betty went last year if Papa says "he's never been here". And as I've posted elsewhere, it's nice to see that someone in that family has dignity.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:19

Am I mistaken, but didn't Sarah's magazilne cover (or maybe it was just an article) that came out right after their split a VF cover too??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:23

@fluffy That just seems absurd especially since Eli has been seen out partying in Rome and elsewhere. I'm pretty sure George is smarter than that!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Jun 2011, 14:47

"Elizabeth spent a few days a few weeks ago. With her, there was the '(ex-) boyfriend American, who has never set foot here." @Cinderella, the translation should have read had never set foot here. As in before they had never set foot here. Good catch.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 28 Jun 2011, 15:24

Don't worry Cinders, it's all hype as usual!! We know the truth about our lovely lad Gee! But I must admit that I've never really thought Gee was the type to even think about havings kids and some of the latest stuff to come out, suggests he would like kids alot. Hmmmm maybe there's more to him than I first thought!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Jun 2011, 15:39

Fluffy, I think he likes kids a lot, only not his kids. Sort of like a grandparent who can visit grandkids and go home and take a nap. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 28 Jun 2011, 16:04

cindigirl wrote:Fluffy, I think he likes kids a lot, only not his kids. Sort of like a grandparent who can visit grandkids and go home and take a nap. LOL

That's the perfect set up, as far as I'm concerned. bounce
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 16:32

sandwiches wrote:
cindigirl wrote:Fluffy, I think he likes kids a lot, only not his kids. Sort of like a grandparent who can visit grandkids and go home and take a nap. LOL

That's the perfect set up, as far as I'm concerned. bounce

Me too. I prefer nieces and nephews so I can play with them but, still go home at night to a QUIET house Zzzzz , well except for music of course

Livvy D

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 28 Jun 2011, 17:12

When an italian tells: he would have been a good son , he want speak of feelings not a son in law. He means that he liking George
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 28 Jun 2011, 19:42

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Elizabeth and George did not meet by accident", talks about a friend of the American

"It 'was George Clooney who asked me to meet him Elisabetta Canalis. He had seen some advertising campaigns and was crazy about her! "To speak for the first time the love story is Clooney-Canalis Malenotti Manuel, owner of Belstaff and great friend of American Italian, which the cameras of" Tabloid " , which airs tonight at 21.10 hours on 1 Italy, tells how it happened the meeting between the two thanks to his speech! "Elizabeth and George were not met by chance, he has always had a ball of Italian women. He had been struck by seeing Elizabeth on YouTube and on television - says Malenotti - seemed to me strange that one could like a person without knowing it. But then 'as soon as they are known and' struck the spark. Then I had this hard task of presenting Elizabeth George, in a restaurant in Rome and that night there 'was the first kiss. They met and liked it immediately recalls the friend-of Clooney - and 'the spark, then he brought it right into motion ... "

Malenotti then also wants to have his say on the malicious rumors that have circulated on the love story between Elizabeth and George saying that "it 's true that there is' a contract, not 'true that the history and' fake, you keep saying many things are not true ...

They had a very intense story, brought her to Los Angeles, made it work. George and 'went so far as to know the parents of Elizabeth! "Finally the owner of Belstaff admits that he never gambled in the marriage between the two of them" because he had already been burned and then they were too different, and sooner or later these differences would come out. "
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Tue 28 Jun 2011, 20:02

George has met more than one woman because be 'saw' her somewhere. He was interested in Lisa because he saw her ads. How else would be be interested in EC, if it wasn't for him seeing her work? LOL

He picks his women from magazines, ads, YouTube, whatever.

And this Belstaff guy isn't helping by talking. Saying that he chose her based on seeing her ads and on YouTube contradicts saying it wasn't a contract. For me, anyway. It's basically saying that be plucked and chose her with a purpose in mind, rather than just 2 people meeting and falling in love.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 20:08

I think it’s interesting that he didn’t put much weight in a future marriage of the two:
"Finally the owner of Belstaff admits that he never gambled in the marriage between the two of them" because he had already been burned and then they were too different, and sooner or later these differences would come out. "

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Jun 2011, 20:11

I thought Malenotti and George were no longer friends. How does he get to know so much about their affair?

Yes I think George is still looking for his Sophia Loren. Maybe next time he can choose an Italian with less of a temper.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 28 Jun 2011, 20:40

My 2 cents here = He had been struck by seeing Elizabeth on YouTube and on television - Translation : He had been struck by seeing how bad she was on tv that he felt the need to help her. lol!

Then I had this hard task of presenting Elizabeth George, in a restaurant in Rome and that night there 'was the first kiss. They met and liked it immediately recalls the friend-of Clooney - and 'the spark, then he brought it right into motion ... " - The first kiss the first night they met! euh Yeah they kiss because george was drunk & she took the opportunity because as we know she stalked him since years.
Perso I will not kiss a person I don't know the first time i meet even if he is bel homme, charismatic or if it's my soulmate. I have some restraint, I do not throw me headfirst into the jar.

We all know that it's because of him the whole story started. In addition there was the famous picture of them acts hugging themself in the restaurant (he drunk, her proud) & there was speculation that it was him who took this picture and sent to the media (specifically to alfonso)

Forgot something if it was true love as Malenotti & others pretend then why did they sleep in separate bedroom? Is it because george snores & ely hates that? But seriously? There's a malaise on the side of "Italian friends" I think. They turn wrong.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Tue 28 Jun 2011, 21:12

Gossip: Clooney Canalis, here's the secret agreement

Crown of Star's on newsstands Thursday, many news and exclusive services. A special highlight of Elisabetta Canalis: a diva by millions of dollars.

What is the Canalis after separation from George Clooney? Crown Star's has done the math on how much money could the star appearing with another boyfriend, or what its revenues would amount to if there was a flashback with the charming Hollywood actor.

And the result, calculator in hand, is at least ten million dollars a kiss with his service with a new partner would be at least 500 thousand euros (100 thousand in Italy), his (unlikely) would Clooney back with a value almost double, a Its advertising campaign on TV would go from 50 thousand to 500 thousand inclusive of yesterday today. And so on.

Short of his first international report that filled magazines and newspapers around the world that Elizabeth was a former tissue was improvised veejay on MTV, now is a diva and be able to interview her is nothing short of a business.

How did this incredible leap in quality that made it to land directly on the stage of the Ariston? I'll tell telling you all the details of an actual contract signed in a law firm in California, thanks to which our Canalis would have earned as much as 1 million dollars just to be with Clooney.

And the last gem? Want to know what the first SMS saying that our Eli sent to her closest friends after the break?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 28 Jun 2011, 21:28

Thanks laetval. Is that a dollar sign on her butt and doesn't she wear panties on Magazine cover?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 28 Jun 2011, 21:58

The M Bro just jumping on the bandwagon for his share of the publicity.

The new magazine cover - I think she is wearing a bikini. Looks like ties around her neck. Also looks like a younger photo of her.

With everyone elses' "input" with all these interviews, you guys have to ask where George is, LOL - besides (maybe) working on IOM and/or getting ready for Sudan and/or reading script(s) for next movie(s) - he's hiding from all of this. tongue

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 28 Jun 2011, 22:11

I'll tell telling you all the details of an actual contract signed in a law firm in California, thanks to which our Canalis would have earned as much as 1 million dollars just to be with Clooney.

And the last gem? Want to know what the first SMS saying that our Eli sent to her closest friends after the break?

That's going to make for an interesting read!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Tue 28 Jun 2011, 22:51

thts the mag of belen fiance;its a pity and full of bullshit

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by maria4 Tue 28 Jun 2011, 22:55

I do not know how true what he writes crown star's, the owner of the magazine is the boyfriend of belen, he also said before the festival of Sanremo "Clooney is a woman," the text message we would see when he comes out the paper it says, I think, however, that the end occurred suddenly, even if George and Eli were not really together anymore.

maria4
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Tue 28 Jun 2011, 23:23

sisieq wrote:The M Bro just jumping on the bandwagon for his share of the publicity.

The new magazine cover - I think she is wearing a bikini. Looks like ties around her neck. Also looks like a younger photo of her.

With everyone elses' "input" with all these interviews, you guys have to ask where George is, LOL - besides (maybe) working on IOM and/or getting ready for Sudan and/or reading script(s) for next movie(s) - he's hiding from all of this. tongue

One the titles on the cover of the magazine (bottom) also mentions that "Michael Jackson is alive - The great suspicion"!! How much should we trust this magazine...unless Elisabeth confided in Belen and Belen confided in her boyfriend...but really!!!!!!!!

Last edited by socimar on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 28 Jun 2011, 23:34

Not to worry Italian friends, we know that gossip tabloids make up stories. LOL!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Jun 2011, 00:15

Yes cause Eli and Belen seem like such close friends. LOL George will show up sooner or later he really doesn't need to at the moment with all this talk around. I think he may stay away from an Italian girl for awhile after this. We all knew it was a setup sounds like Eli forgot to play hard to get. The Bros knew it wasn't going to last guess they forgot to tell george a few things about Eli and maybe that is why the friendship ended. There are also those pics of that night she sure gets cosy fast! George treated Eli well and her father would have liked that but I don't think the end was her choice. Eli may off thought she had more time but pushed things too far with that Chi interview and George could see he was in for another summer with no privacy if he kept her around. He is also off to darfur soon and I think Eli will choose to show off her bikini butt again around then too. Sounds like has shown up back home but I wonder for how long she is going to miss all this great pap attention!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 29 Jun 2011, 01:52

I just read this in an Italian site. I translated it:

On the CHI issue of tomorrow, Wednesday, June 29, there will be the article regarding the split between Clooney and Canalis. Alfonso Signorini, director of the magazine said that he would be able to furnish all the details of the split, which occurred last week in Laglio after the couple had a furious argument. Clooney, who in the past was always very affectionate he seemed very distant lately so Elisabetta confronted him and she realized that the passion was no longer there. No contract, no poison, and to prove that the couple decided to announce the split together.
Canalis had moved to Laglio for the summer because she believed the relationship would be long lasting, but then she packed her suitcases pretty fast. However, she will not leave Los Angeles because she is about to launch an activity related to Italian fashion and other projects that she is working on.
At the moment Canalis is in Italy to seek comfort from her family and friends while George commutes from the Lake of Como to London where he is editing “The Ides of March” that he will present at the Venice Film Festival.
The American press has blamed the split to the fact that Elisabetta had dreams of walking down the isle with George (but she denies that that is the reason). She did say in her recent interview in CHI magazine that “I am very religious and I believe in marriage, I see it in my future” then she added “but for the present I am happy as I am”. She also denied that Clooney ever said that he did not want to marry her and stated that “He has not given interviews about his personal life for 10 years, what you hear is just recycled gossip from the past. I could never stay with a person so low class that as soon as he open his mouth tells me that he does not a child from me or doesn’t want to marry me”. Already something was going on.

Sul numero di “Chi” in edicola domani, mercoledì 29 giugno, la cronaca dell’addio fra Clooney e la Canalis. Il settimanale diretto da Alfonso Signorini è in grado di rivelare i dettagli della frattura, avvenuta alla fine della scorsa settimana, a Laglio, dopo un chiarimento fra la coppia.
Clooney, nonostante l’affetto sempre dimostrato, appariva distante ultimamente. Elisabetta ha affrontato l’argomento e ha capito che la passione fra i due era finita. Nessun contratto, nessun veleno, come dimostra la scelta della coppia di fare un comunicato congiunto per annunciare la separazione. La Canalis si era trasferita a Laglio per trascorrervi i mesi estivi, dimostrando la sua convinzione sulla durata del rapporto, ma poi ha fatto in fretta le valigie. Elisabetta non lascerà, invece, Los Angeles dove sta per lanciare un’attività imprenditoriale legata alla moda italiana e ha altri progetti. Al momento la Canalis è in Italia, confortata dalla famiglia e dalle amiche, mentre George si divide fra il Lago di Como e Londra, dove sta ultimando il film “Le idi di marzo” che presenterà a Venezia.
La stampa americana ha attribuito la separazione ai sogni nuziali di lei (ma Elisabetta nega sia quella la causa) e ha preso come spunto la sua recente intervista a “Chi”, in cui Eli diceva di non escludere le nozze dalla sua vita. Ma il suo tono era soft: «Sono molto credente, credo al matrimonio, in futuro ci sta», ci disse la Canalis, per poi aggiungere, «ora sono contenta così, non ho bisogno di conferme per la felicità della mia unione». Negando che Clooney dicesse nelle interviste di non volerla sposare: «Non parla della sua vita privata da dieci anni, ciò che leggete è un ripescaggio di cose dette in passato». Anche perché lei non avrebbe sopportato un simile affronto. «Non potrei mai stare con una persona così poco elegante che, appena apre bocca, dice di non volere un figlio da me e di non volermi sposare». Già qualcosa si capiva.

Last edited by socimar on Wed 29 Jun 2011, 01:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:00

Thanks everybody for your articles and translations!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:06

socimar wrote:She did say in her recent interview in CHI magazine that “I am very religious and I believe in marriage, I see it in my future” then she added “but for the present I am happy as I am”. She also denied that Clooney ever said that he did not want to marry her and stated that “He has not given interviews about his personal life for 10 years, what you hear is just recycled gossip from the past. I could never stay with a person so low class that as soon as he open his mouth tells me that he does not a child from me or doesn’t want to marry me”.

Oh yes, so religious that she made a film where she played a nun who gets her gear off!!

And George has not spoken about his aversion to marriage in ten years - so what was he talking about on Piers Morgan's show in JANUARY 2011 - according to my mathematics that was only 6 MONTHS ago!!!!!!!!!

Do Betty or Alfonso even know what it is to tell the truth or to tell the same story twice in a row?
Charley
Charley

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:18

Nope! Blah blah blah
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:41

George Clooney ended his two-year relationship with Italian beauty Elisabetta Canalis in a gentlemanly fashion — likely guaranteeing there won’t be any “kiss ’n’ tell” tales coming from the actress, as has been pretty much the case with the actor’s previous romances.
However, it sounds like Canalis apparently never completely believed the Academy Award winner’s steadfast insistence that he never again wants to walk down the aisle.
“George has always been so clear about the ‘M’ word,” said a longtime friend of Clooney’s. “Elisabetta was convinced that she could change his mind — and after a while that really began to bug George.”
On top of that issue, I’ve learned that the couple found fewer and fewer interests in common. Plus, Clooney reportedly was upset that Canalis had tried to use her relationship with him to further her aspirations to develop a major American movie and modeling career.
According to another Clooney source, there is not a third party involved.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:50

Where the hell was the man during the past two years in LA-LA land? Everything written in Casey's above comment, we could have told him long before the VFF they attended together that first summer! Boy is he nice, just look at all the chances he gave her not to use his fame to promote herself!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Jun 2011, 07:20

LOL One word Leverage! She did more then use the relationship anyone can see that. I love how they are making sure everyone knows she can't really do a kiss and tell and it has more to do with an NDA then anyway George finished off the relationship.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 29 Jun 2011, 09:45

RE : suntimes article posted at the top of the page

So Stan basically saying the split was her fault. Because the "they had little in common" is standard split talk from Stan. They gave her a week grace so she gets the usually flurry of attention when he splits with a girl then they start releasing their version of the split knowing the press (at least outside of Italy) will cover his planted version and won't give much of a damn in respect of her in the future. In the days after the split - absolutely. A week down the track - not so much.

And those "there was a contract" stories haven't seemed to quit either (in Italy predominantly) so it's a good time to allocate blame by Team Clooney and to paint George as the long suffering, honest bloke who put up with as much as he could until it became too much and he felt exploited. That all he wanted was someone who loved him for him and understood and accepted him as he is. He thought there could be a future there but she saw he mainly as a career stepping stone.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:54

Whereas we all know she actually saw him as more of a meal ticket than a career stepping stone, because no matter how much help a stepping stone gives you, you still have to put in a bit of work yourself, something that Betty was always reluctant to do. Then again, maybe she was more honest with herself at least, and realized long ago that no matter how much she worked she didn't have one iota of talent to hone, and so a meal ticket was her only choice, lol.
Charley
Charley

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:37

I agree Watching I noticed the influx of they didn't have anything in common he tried but she was pushing her career and own PR etc. Eli needs to get to LA fast because it won't take long before they lose interest. Also George side is going to get more attention in the States so any sympathy for her will fly out the window. I have a feeling she may end up falling back to the old show my butt on a beach shot. She knows TMZ etc will show that for sure.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 13:18

I agree with both of you ladies, but just can't get over the fact that it took 3 months to grind out a severance package! Surley Gee's lawyers would have had this already sewn up, with a price and a "if you don't play ball your out" clause? I know I would, get it down in black n white! May be I should become his lawyer?!!! The Matrix
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 29 Jun 2011, 15:32

VIDEO Malenotti on clooney-canalis : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 15:39

Haven't watched laetval's vid yet, but doesn't it seem odd that were George is concerned we haven't heard a peep from Malenotti bros. since the famous introduction, and now they've decided to speak. What all of a sudden they are friends with George again, or after two years of not being friends they no longer care if it upsets him?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 29 Jun 2011, 15:49

'George Clooney would have made an ideal son in law,' say Elisabetta Canalis' parents as they reveal she's struggling in wake of split

Hollywood star George Clooney would have made an 'ideal son in law', the father of his dumped girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis has said in an interview breaking his silence on the split.

Clooney, 50, and Canalis, 32, separated last week after two years together after the Ocean's Star insisted he had no intention of tying the knot despite her attempts.

So far neither has commented publicly on what led to the break up and Canalis is said to be away on holiday with friends but she did visit her parents shortly after the news broke.

Speaking to the Italian edition of Vanity Fair her doctor father Cesare said: 'Certainly he would have made a good son in law but it's my daughter who has to decide.'

While her mother Bruna said: 'Elisabetta is very down in the dumps. I've spoken to her and she is very sad but these things happen.'

Last year Clooney made visited the village of Tresnuraghes on the island of Sardinia where Canalis is from and locals still speak fondly of the trip with restaurants and bars having photos of the couple on the wall.

Cesare added of Clooney: 'He is a nice guy, good fun. It was nice to meet him last year - it was his first visit to Sardinia, we had a good time but there was a lot of attention and we are not used to it.'

Neighbours in Laglio on the shores of Lake Como have revealed that Canalis has already cleared out all her belongings from Villa Oleandra, Clooney's Italian home.

One said: 'She was here the other day. Shorts and a T shirt packing up her suitcases and moving things out.

'She had her dog with her and was smoking a lot - I did hear that George wasn't keen on her smoking.'

Sources close to Canalis said that she may reveal her side of the relationship later in the summer and that she still intended to live in Los Angeles and find work as an actress and model for Italian designers.

Friends added that Canalis had also grown unhappy at being constantly on her own having attended Cannes and gone to Mexico without Clooney recently as well as attending the wedding of her best friend unaccompanied.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:07

There are two claims in the media that bugs me.
Claim one) Elisabetta wanted to marry George. Really? She never said that. She said, she "will be married in the future", but she didn't say, "married to George". She just makes a general statement about her attitude to marriage.
Claim two) George "dumped" Elisabetta because she said the m-word. Really? So here they supposedly are, happy, in love, and then, oops, she says the wrong word, and slam, relationship over. Honestly, for all his playfulness, he is still an adult, not a fifteen year old.
So I don't believe any of it.
What I believe, is that they were quite different, that Elisabetta may be too young, too "intellectually lighthearted", and as the first passion faded, he found himself preferring to talk and discuss with his pals, not her.
Perfectly normal development from passion to boredom.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:17

Calypso, I may be wrong of course, but I really think it took him until now to finalize the non-disclosure agreement which dictates what Eli can say or do about their relationship. He had to cover all bases.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:20

An NDA would be signed at the beginning of the relationship, not at the end. Maybe there was some sort of pay off at the end which would have needed negotiating, but I personally think George just couldn't stand the idea of another summer with her.

She's done enough damage to his reputation and made him look like an idiot. Let's hope that whoever he's dating now he has the sense to keep under wraps.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 29 Jun 2011, 17:26

I'm sure you're right Katie, but I was thinking it may have been "amended" to include her not speaking about him like she's done in the past. Or, maybe it was a new financial arrangement. I don't think anyone would know for sure. It's all speculation. I'm just really happy he's finally free.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 29 Jun 2011, 18:49

Calypso, he seems to pick the ones that after the lust fades so does the interest.
laetvel, thanks for your above post, thought she quit smoking at the beginning of 2010, if she's started again she is dumber than a door nail! On vacation with friends=on a beach somewhere showing off her assets before gravity kicks in! As far as being alone and being tired of it, took her long enough to get the Clooney hint.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jun 2011, 19:16

Yes Lucy, it sems so. And, assuming it's true, he picked both Lisa and Elisabetta from photos/catalogues. Boy, it must be nice to be him sometimes: flicking through a catalogue of women, and decide: "Ah, that one! I want that one!" ... and getting it. :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Wed 29 Jun 2011, 19:59

After this experienve with EC he might have learbt that it is better not to pick girls from a catalogue.

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Wed 29 Jun 2011, 20:16

calypso wrote:Yes Lucy, it sems so. And, assuming it's true, he picked both Lisa and Elisabetta from photos/catalogues. Boy, it must be nice to be him sometimes: flicking through a catalogue of women, and decide: "Ah, that one! I want that one!" ... and getting it. :-)

It takes catalogue/internet shopping to a whole different level.
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Wed 29 Jun 2011, 20:20

Anybody has seen yet the current issue of CHI magazine? Signorini said he would reveal "the real" reason why George and Elisabetta split. Just curious (very!!).
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 29 Jun 2011, 20:34

calypso wrote:There are two claims in the media that bugs me.
Claim one) Elisabetta wanted to marry George. Really? She never said that. She said, she "will be married in the future", but she didn't say, "married to George". She just makes a general statement about her attitude to marriage.
Claim two) George "dumped" Elisabetta because she said the m-word. Really? So here they supposedly are, happy, in love, and then, oops, she says the wrong word, and slam, relationship over. Honestly, for all his playfulness, he is still an adult, not a fifteen year old.
So I don't believe any of it.
What I believe, is that they were quite different, that Elisabetta may be too young, too "intellectually lighthearted", and as the first passion faded, he found himself preferring to talk and discuss with his pals, not her.
Perfectly normal development from passion to boredom.

calypso, not bashing but confused - if you don't believe the gossip about the above, than why do you believe the gossip about "catalogue shopping"? Thanks!

Re Point 1 - when a female is dating a guy and keeps bringing up marriage, whether or not using the guys name - everyone knows who she is referring to. If not him, than why is she still with this guy and not out looking for a guy to marry?

Re Point 2 - IMHO, it was ONLY EC who kept talking about being happy, fairy tale, not bored. George never said anything - at least not in the last 3-4 months. And, to look at photos from the last 3-4 months, he never looked happy.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 29 Jun 2011, 21:05

LOL, so which gossip are we to believe - she stopped smoking and I guess she started again OR she never stopped in the first place.

Friends added that Canalis had also grown unhappy at being constantly on her own having attended Cannes and gone to Mexico without Clooney recently as well as attending the wedding of her best friend unaccompanied.
HELLO, to EC!!!!! The guy was working!!!!!!!!! You don't take vacations in the middle of filming. And, why would he fly from Italy to vacation in Mexico than fly back to Italy. And, Memo to EC and PR staff: George has stated, in th past, that he does NOT attend film fests if he doesn't have a film screening. AND, why would he spend time on Cavalli's yacht getting papped (and we know Cavalli would have whored out those photos) when he has a long standing friendship and working relationship with Armani.

EC and her PR team really have to come up with better excuses. LOL, I think that's why for the article Casey posted. And, thanks for the find!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Wed 29 Jun 2011, 21:29

Not really sure where to post this. Question I believe EC is talking about the very first photo of her and George at the Rome blind date that was sold to CHI.

(found link at CU)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next