George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

+52
Merlin
laetval
Katarina
macs
janieb
annemarie
lovelylois
elymania
Dior
adgran
m4rose
Lighterside
Casey
sarah ali
Ello
Atalante
lolo"layla"
hathaross
Pari
noodle
Coco
doris day
MM
lelacorb
anon.4
Henway
playfuldeb
ladydi
pandabear
fluffy
premiere
fava
blubelle
Natascha
maria4
cindigirl
bunny
MyGirlKylie
bellybaby
socimar
watching
Charley
LornaDoone
marina
Dexterdidit
it's me
sisieq
Katiedot
sandwiches
lucy
melbert
pattygirl
56 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by elymania Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:03

ok, next time pm...anyway it was not my intention to hurt anybody here.. maybe someone should calm down...(it's only a suggest)..so much anger in some messages is not normal at all..(it's just my opinion)!!! sorry for my english!

elymania
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1 - Page 16 Empty Re: What Elisabetta Canalis did next - part 1

Post by MM Mon 19 Sep 2011, 17:10

That's OK, Elymania Hug1
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 19 Sep 2011, 18:36

watching wrote:Well the store is coming along. Twitter from Val
My new project in LA is finally Ready. I'm so excited!
I really appreciate the updates! I have 2 friends (I met once visiting Los Angeles) and they went to go when it open. Please keep us updated! And, I'll have my friends give me a honest report when it opens. LOL, if her twitter relates to the store.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 19 Sep 2011, 18:44

From EC's twitter

and of course on the day of the 1st live show I woke up with one of the biggest pimples ever seen in the history right on my left chick!
6 minutes ago
I can relate to that. Sadly, that's stress for you!!

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 18:47

I always thought blossoming pimples were reserved for teenagers. LOL

I know how nervous she is about tonight. I wish her the best.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:23

Que sera, sera... whatever will be, will be... IMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:43

im italian like you lelacorb and you socimar and its me

many people here know me since long time and know that im not pro betty

i always thought that shes not intelligent ,that shes not classy,i do not like her behaviour,i did not like her previous boyfriends;but in fact i never cared so much about her

that said:
did she do something against us personally?do we know her personally?no,nobody knows her and probably will never meet her;shes useless just like a paris hilton or other thousands of girls of the same kind

because of her,we had a good time,we laughed a lot,we analyze with kind of perfidy all what she says,all what she does,we look for all her mistakes,we were happy when the story , fake or real, finished;

what has she done to you socimar that you also find the time and the urge to make a lesson about the rules of dancing with the stars and the laws of immigration to demonstrate that she cannot or that its not right that she stays in the states?

i mean, this is amusing?

i did not badmouth anybody,cindi,i said CHEPPALLE,that means what a bore,and i repeat in english :what a bore because IMO there is never amusement to throw such a level of obstinated malice and anger against anybody;in this case,against somebody who ,due to her existence , only gave us a reason to gather here and laugh

you say that she made clooney and his friends miserable for two years.?????????he told you that he was miserable?did you hear some comment directly from the mouth of brad pitt ?do you have a direct line with gio who lamented that clooney could not sleep in the night because of canalis?

he looked for her,he got her,nobody obliged him

IMO all the continuous efforts to find errors,mistakes in her character,in the dresses,in the words,in shoes,in her bags,in her hair,in whatever whenever the girl has or does IMO,is not amusement;this is not fun;after a while this is not fun anymore,this starts to look like what we can read in imdb

anyway this evening she will probably be a desaster so someone here will have a reason to be happy
hurrah for the good sentiments.... ciao all

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 19:55

I get so tired of this bickering! Sorry, Doris Day, I haven’t known you for a long time. It looks like you registered here in February. You said, “due to her existence, only gave us a reason to gather here and laugh”… What??? I gathered here to follow George… that’s why I’m here! And Eli was a past girlfriend. If she would have stayed in Italy we would not be here talking about her, IMHO. But she chose to follow George to LA and make a laughing stalk out of herself instead of working out the end of their relationship in her home country. This in my opinion would have served her better. Then she could have come to America, on her own merits. But as it stands it only looks like a stubborn, in your face, crappy way to say, “I’m going to make you miserable, George.” That’s the Eli I’ve come to know… Sorry if this upsets anyone!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:09

Again, each of us has our own opinions about all the players in this "drama", George, Eli, Stacy. They are just that, our own opinions. We sometimes tend to get under each others skin, but within a day or two, it's over. As they say, this too shall pass.
It's true, dd, that nobody knows her personally (I believe-correct me if I'm wrong), but we form opinions about her by what is said about her and we react on those opinions.
You, too, have formed opinions by what is said in tabloids and gossip sites. If I remember correctly, you were very upset with George, when someone stated that SK was all PR and that he was using her just to get back at EC. I believe you said at the time that if that is how he's going to act, you were packing it in and wouldn't waste your money seeing his pictures. So you reacted to the opinions you formed by things said in the blogs on this site, by the gossip columns and by the tabloid.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:13

doris day wrote: i did not badmouth anybody,cindi,i said CHEPPALLE,that means what a borehe looked for her,he got her,nobody obliged him

anyway this evening she will probably be a desaster so someone here will have a reason to be happy
hurrah for the good sentiments.... ciao all

Hi Doris, I'm cindigirl and I'm assuming you're talking about Cinderella. I never felt or remarked about her in anger, just fun because, let's face it, she makes it so easy. I've often felt sorry for her because it can't be easy being the girlfriend of G. I don't recall any anger on the part of the posters here. It's all just in fun. I don't think Katie would allow anyting malicious here.

And I don't think she will be a disaster here. She's trying really hard and I give her credit for doing possibly the first difficult thing she's done in her life.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:26

Dear Cinderella, I think that Ely is one of the best women who took George (nothing to do with Sarah Larson and Stacy), I consider her a beautiful woman, nice and sincere. I do not think her a good actress. I think especially the intelligent way they conducted themselves after their separation. Gave an interview talking in general only of her errors, she wished him to be happy, did not argue with the interview with Stacy. In the interview, which granted DWTS seemed embarrassed when asked George, and who would not? It seems to me to have behaved much better than George, who wants to save the world and then laughs at a reporter who asked him a question he could not answer but with elegance. I love George but I do not defend him when guess wrong. I like the comparison and I accept that you think differently from me, but everything must start from the truth and not falsehood, as often happens here.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:29

I think we all should take a break; however and I want to explain why I got upset at Elymania and Doris Day earlier today. It is true that Italians use the word “CHEPALLE” when they mean “What a bore” or “What a pain” but it is however considered a swear word. CHEPALLE literally means "what testicles". It is referred to the speaker testicles getting bigger and bigger and tedious, in cases of extreme boring or disappointment. I didn’t think this was the place for Elymania to bring such Italian slang word up and have Doris Day agreeing with her. End of subject, I hope.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:46

I must respond to Lelacorb, then maybe we can go on from here...
Well Lelacorb, when George berated the reporter I believe the reporter was asking about Stacy (dating) and not Eli (relationship). IMO – I love George, too. And I do not defend him when he’s wrong. Right now I do not see him in the wrong. I think he dumped Eli for some reason that has not and will not come out. If that were not the case she would still be with him, IMHO –I don’t mind discussions, debates and examinations. What I do mind is bickering. You cannot change someone’s mind when their mind is made up no matter how hard you try. But, I appreciate that you accept that I think differently than you, because I do. Ditto. Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 19 Sep 2011, 20:59

The truth is that the journalist did not ask George to Ely, but Stacy and asked him if it was more difficult to make a movie or stand in the spotlight with a woman. The question was not specific but general, and that's why I found too much of George's behavior.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 21:08

I agree G was a little over the top with his answer. But he is human, may have been a little cranky and who knows, maybe he didn't get anything the night before. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 19 Sep 2011, 21:26

no no no socimar,it was not lelacorb,it was me to say CHEPPALLE, and its not a swear word,its not elegant BUT NOT swear word
in fact for those who want to learn italian ,palle means BALLS;you can say " non dire palle"that means do not say lies
and" che palle " that means, what a bore(because the balls of the people who get bored become bigger...)
But no swear word socimar,dont be exagerated please,thanks
THE END

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:13

doris day wrote:no no no socimar,it was not lelacorb,it was me to say CHEPPALLE, and its not a swear word,its not elegant BUT NOT swear word
in fact for those who want to learn italian ,palle means BALLS;you can say " non dire palle"that means do not say lies
and" che palle " that means, what a bore(because the balls of the people who get bored become bigger...)
But no swear word socimar,dont be exagerated please,thanks
THE END

Totally wrong. I even checked the Internet and they all say the same thing that I wrote in my message. I am just copying a site called LIFE IN ITALY that has all the most used Italian expressions and slang words. It is like a dictionary for travelers who really want to understand everything when they go to Italy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Italian Expressions!

Che Palle! What a Pain!

Che Palle! What a Pain! -> che palle literally means "what a testicles".
it is referred to the speaker testicles getting bigger and bigger and tedious, in cases of extreme boring or disappointment. Ii is often accompanied with hands gesture (an L with thumb and index) that indicates the approximed size and weight reached by the balls, from tennis size to wide open arms. Its substitute is "che rottura di palle" (more vulgar) o "che rottura di coglioni" (more vulgar, same meaning), that is "what a ball breaking". The adult male will probably prefer one of this variations as a substitute for "uffa!", but women use it as well. One of the most used expressions of all.

socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:33

Testicles get larger when a man is bored? Don't think G is ever bored so his might be normal. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:36

Honestly, because George is George, he probably has the biggest set around.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:53

socimar you are right ,ok?i dont get the difference between what i said

IN CASE OF EXTREME BORING OR DISAPPOINTMENT
this is exactly what is happening while im waiting for next lesson
thanks,for me the argument is over

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 19 Sep 2011, 23:56

OK patty, let's start a new topic about the size of George's .........

No, I can't say it. Embarassed
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:19

Oh, I think I remember something about him having ironed ____... Wasn't that it??? lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:32

I think he just said that for shock effect. Although if he did, then Ouch.

Eli is making her premier appearance on DWTS in 1/2 hour on ABC. It's on for 2 hours, gonna try to watch some of it.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:39

IMO the ironing part was joke. As for the rest of it - I want to contribute. Will measure anything. Just bought rulers and protractors.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:49

First backstage pics from DWTS

JustElisabettaElisabettaCanalis
Almost ready @mettaworldpeace@KristinCav [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
3 hours ago

She is giving the peace sign - oh Betty, you have been getting professionally photographed for over a decade. You know better. Outfit iis classic DWTS - Red sequins and big earrings.

UPDATE - Another back stage photo
Link to twitter photo

Last edited by watching on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:56; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:50

I think they are the 7th set of dances so go in about half way through. Let us know how she goes. Now we know why Gio is really around he protecting George's balls!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 00:58

It's on from 8:00 to 10:00. I can watch until 9:00. If I see her I'll let you know how she did. I'm pretty sure she'll do fine.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 20 Sep 2011, 01:09

I would say with all the training she has been doing she should do ok but then you never know with Bette! I saw the twitpic and she is in something red and sparkly...must say I do have a soft spot for sparkly! LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 01:25

Looks like she'll be 7th in line. Lots of garbage to go through first. I don't know how people watch this shit. OMG 6 minutes of show and 5 minute commercial break. This is brutal. I'll be back.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:12

That was really awful. I almost feel sorry for her. She looks so lost.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:15

i dunno , but am pretty excited to see her on the show , just let's say hopefully she gets enough votes....

i found this video , it's talking about why she and George broke up or i think the end of their relationship , it's in Italian , i couldn't get a word of they r saying Embarassed
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:20

Eli and Val got their scores. The got a total of 15 out of 30. I think the lowest score so far. The judges described her as brittle, lost confidence and falls apart when not held onto by Val.

They did introduce her as Elisabetta Canalis "known as George Clooney's girlfriend." She looked so nervous I felt for her. She wore a black bra type top and sparkly red mini skirt. I thought she was kind of stiff too. Val said the biggest problem was the language barrier. And she says for him not her. She always looks so vulnerable.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:24

nothing important;the interview is old,i think two years ago when she did a terrible movie in italy;it was the first year with clooney so she says that there are always many photographs around but that its impossible to stay closed in the house to avoid them,
the woman who speaks says that someone says that clooney people made her sign a statement to shout her mouth and that afer the story fifnished she prefered to go to the states because there you respect more the privacy

doris day

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:43

I was looking for a word that summed up what the judges thought of her, and the word is "dismissed." They totally dismissed her - almost like they had to put up with her until she's voted off. Bruno (a fellow Italian!) made a crack about how her best work was done in the bed - because the routine started out in a bed. They were very cold towards her. I can't believe I'm saying this but I almost felt sorry for her. She wasn't as bad as they made her out to be.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:44

You don't think Eli could have been used to help get lot's of publicity but never really was in the running to win? The judges are supposed to be a little more professional then that. I'm not a Eli fan but I don't like people setting others up already deciding they would fail. I said I thought she might surprise because of all the work she had put in. If she hadn't been showing up to training like Rob K and trying as hard as she has been then yeah ok. Unless Eli has done something to get up everyone's noses already! She was good at rubbing people the wrong way and maybe she burnt a bridge or two there. The bed thing was a silly thing to start with and unless someone else does really bad she could be first off! Has Nancy Grace or Chaz danced yet? It is also possible that they expected a lot more from her believing she had some sort of dance experience.

Last edited by Dexterdidit on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed my mind)
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:53

Nancy Grace was not great but she did have a nice attitude - she was cute.

Eli looked so nervous - Like she has never been in front of a crowd before.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 20 Sep 2011, 02:59

I didn't think she was that bad. I missed the middle of her dance but the first and last parts seemed pretty good to me (except for starting out in bed). I too felt sorry for her. She seemed to lack confidence and seemed very vulnerable to me. I think everyone should start out on the same footing as far as respect goes, and I didn't think the judges showed her any respect at all. In my opinion the judges behavior and comments on things other than her dancing were uncalled for.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:02

She looked like a deer in headlights, a little frighten, like she wasn't in the moment but always a couple of seconds behind, and that was just sitting and standing.When she was actually dancing, not trying to act, she wasn't any worse than some of the others.
Everyone has trouble with the first show, the timing and staying focused, but if they listen to the judges critique, and put the effort in it's surprising how much the underdog can improve. There was a lot of underdogs tonight!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:10

I had a look at the forum and too skinny and not impressed seems to be the general consensus. With all her experience in front of an audience she shouldn't have been this bad. She did San Remo and the same thing. She may not last long enough to improve!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:12

I thought she did very well considering. I didn't think the other contestants did much better. I thought the judges were harsh also. Too bad they added George Clooney's ex. I hope she gets another chance I think she would improve.

pandabear

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:26

That is what the show can be about improving each week, but it's not always easy.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:41

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 20 Sep 2011, 03:56

Did she actually get through the first round? The youtube footage I've seen of her rehearsing didn't look all that impressive.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:17

Watched the show, Everybody was nervous and none too professional. Very mean of the show to bring George into the mix. Wasn't fair to Eli at all. She's be staying away from any references to him and they should have respected that fact.
Start of dance in bed was stupid, and ill thought out. Judge Bruno's comment was very tasteless. Eli didn't do totally awful. She seemed to flounder a bit in spots. She isn't a naturally graceful woman and it shows when she dances. She seems very heavy footed, not light on her feet at all. I hope, if she gets enough votes and isn't voted off this week, that she improves her performance. She wasn't the worst performer, but only received 15 pt. Only one was lower with 14. We'll see how she does with the audience vote. Wish her luck!
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:36

Strict / stern judges... or even seemingly rude / hostile decrees... most usually helps with increasing of the sympathy votes... so maybe they will eventually help Valisabetta...

Last edited by Pari on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:40; edited 1 time in total
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:38

For those outside the States, it's on Youtube already. I just they need to get it up there so those outside of the US can vote for Betty. Seriously, dancing to Katy Perry? Found the link, recongised the story then quickly pressed pause. Considering the comments, I'm not sure I want to watch it.

If you want to, here is the LINK

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 08:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:51

Haven't seen the judges commentary (not on above link) but maybe they don't think she should have gotten a spot on the DWTS roster. That she hadn't earnt it as she is not considered a celeb there and getting a chance on the show just because of who she slept with undermines their role and the show? Maybe she isn't listening to Val and making his job harder therefore they are on his side and took this opportunity to have a go on his behalf? Maybe she is a bitch backstage and they responded in kind. Or maybe they are pissed that the amount of attention she has been getting and are acting out and using the only power they have to draw focus.

The only way the Oz verison judges get any attention is when they are super harsh to someone - that gets them screen time and press writeups. Being nasty to Betty isn't going to limit their future opportunities, alienate a large fanbase or piss off ABC by going after a newtork star. She is safe horse to flog - not right but it is the way of reality tv. She signed up. If she didn't watch previous seasons and realise that if you don't impress then you are going to be verbally dresssed down, then she is stupid.

Those who saw it live - how did she take the comments? Did she smout on TV?

MTV write up of judges comments
Elisabetta Canalis and Val Chmerkovskiy
The Italian actress/model and TV host didn't do much to impress the judges. "It got very brittle. You lost confidence, and it all became too weak," Goodman told her, also saying that he didn't really care for the use of over-the-top props in performances. Tonioli said, "You cannot always rely on him to put you into place. There is a journey there to make." Inaba suggested she reach back to what she knows best to help her moving forward: "You have to channel the model in you ... and you have to do it with the music." 15/30

Last edited by watching on Tue 20 Sep 2011, 05:22; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Tue 20 Sep 2011, 04:59

I have been watching DWTS off and on for years. Usually the first show is very painfull because many of the celebs are nervous. I thought the judges were a little rough on Betty and her reaction was to me of being nervous and trying to hold it together. Sometimes they are rough because they are expecting more from some dance teams. As the show progresses many of the dance teams become less nervous.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Tue 20 Sep 2011, 05:02

No she didn't smout on TV. I thought she took their comments well. Considering how rude they were I wouldn't have been as nice as she was. I'm not a fan of hers but I thought she did as well as quite a few of the others, except for the small part in the middle when she was on her own.
I think she is working hard at this and I did find myself wishing her well. I don't think she'll make it too far but just looking at tonight imo there are a couple of others who should go first. I surprised to hear myself say it but I really hope she makes it through a couple of elimination rounds.

noodle

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 20 Sep 2011, 05:04

E Online write (scorecard from the show at the end of the article)

Dancing With the Stars Premiere: Who Impressed? And Who Just Depressed?!
Today 8:15 PM PDT by Natalie Finn

Who's ready to kick off the most hyped season of Dancing With the Stars yet?!

Ready or not, here they come. A dozen celebs of varying stature hit the ballroom tonight with the pressure already on: One of them is going home tomorrow.

As usual, we've got reality stars (including a member of the E! family), athletes, singers, actors, etc. But all are created equal when they first step out on the floor—and it's the steps they make afterward that count!

So, who were the surprise hits and who totally missed the mark? Let's start with Chaz Bono...

Knowing he was the one that audiences were most anxious to see, producers craftily saved Chaz—the show's first-ever transgender contestant—for last. But he was definitely not least!

The author and Becoming Chaz star made the most preseason headlines, but he showed up ready to rumble, er, rumba! Under the tutelage of Lacey Schwimmer, Chaz wasn't the best dancer, but he may have been the most pleasantly surprising.

Not to mention "cute and cuddly," as Bruno Tonioli duly noted.

Clean-shaven and looking like a teenager, David Arquette waltzed two-time champ Kym Johnson around the floor like a guy with something to prove! (Or at least with someone to impress—daughter Coco and his still legally wedded wife Courteney Cox had front-row seats in the audience.)

And his effort was not wasted, with none other than head judge Len Goodman saying he was "very, very impressed" by what Arquette put out there. Of course, he's got the energy of an unbridled pony, so he has to tone it down a bit, but the eight-months-sober Scream star had great lines and infectious enthusiasm.

Arquette's going to have to share the dashing spotlight, however, with Iraq war vet turned soap star J.R. Martinez, who came out firing with grace and panache. "For me, J.R. stands for 'Just Right,'" praised Len. Then, of course, J.R.'s got that whole hero thing going for him. He may be tough to beat.

Hold on, though!

Chynna Phillips, who's enjoying a bit of a renaissance thanks to Wilson Phillips' cameo in Bridesmaids, was also an early highlight after scoring a 22 on an extremely fluid Viennese waltz that Len called not the best first dance he'd ever seen.

"But it came close!" the Brit exclaimed. Not to mention, it was good enough for her to share first place with J.R.

Carrie Ann Inaba's favorite dance of the night "by far," however, was Carson Kressly's "Moves Like Jagger" cha-cha with Anna Trebunskaya.

"It had elements of Jagger, swagger and stagger," Len said, referring to the mesmerizing combo of rhythm, camp and exaggerated movement. "We have Mick, we have Bianca, two for the price of one and worth every penny!" Bruno brilliantly concluded.

And how did Keeping Up With the Kardashians' sole brother, Rob Kardashian, do in his DWTS debut? Well, Carrie Ann Inaba saw major potential, but Kim Kardashian's still got the family bragging rights, having scored a 19 in her first week compared with Rob's 16.

Kristin Cavallari, who is teamed with Mark Ballas and therefore was tasked with tricky cha-cha choreography right off the bat, doesn't have Audrina Patridge's grace—but she showed way more fire than her Hills costar.

Rivaling Kristin in the plain old hotness section of the competition, meanwhile, is Elisabetta Canalis, whose pro partner is newbie Val Chmerkovskiy (who, FYI, has his brother's penchant for shirt removal). We'd like to say that George Clooney's loss is our gain, but we don't see Elisabetta coming in second, like, ahem, Stacy Keibler did several years back.

Then there was Ron Artest, who should stick to defense, because he's not going to achieve (Metta) World Peace through dance. We love his backstory—kooky NBA champion who's motivated by his darling daughter, who survived cancer at 4 years old—but we'd prefer not having to watch him dance anymore. So, we have a feeling that first-year pro Peta Murgatroyd is going to have a short debut season.

And Nancy Grace had a surprising amount of rhythm, enough to wow us anyway,and boasted some "lavish assets" (thanks for pointing that out, Bruno). But she also appeared to poop out about midway through her cha-cha with delish newcomer Tristan MacManus.

Doing pretty well but not really lighting anyone's fire were Hope Solo and Ricki Lake, who at this point are more notable for their respective partners, the cocky Maksim Chmerkovskiy and three-time champ Derek Hough, who took last season off.

But, as always, it's still anybody's game heading into tomorrow's elimination, which will occur following performances by Harry Connick Jr. and LMFAO.

Here's how the season's inaugural leaderboard stacked up:

Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: 22
J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: 22
Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 21
Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: 20
Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: 19
David Arquette & Kym Johnson: 18
Carson Kressly & Anna Trebunskaya: 17
Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: 17
Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: 16
Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: 16
Elisabetta Canalis & Val Chmerkovskiy: 15
Ron Artest & Petra Murgatroyd: 14
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next