George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Toronto Film Festival 2011

+28
mimi1970
Charley
Lighterside
Casey
lolo"layla"
Merlin
watching
Sabby
lucy
premiere
sarah ali
iamnoone
hathaross
lovelylois
Henway
macs
fluffy
lelacorb
cindigirl
it's me
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
melbert
pattygirl
Vilma
MyGirlKylie
sandwiches
laetval
32 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 Empty Re: Toronto Film Festival 2011

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:24

I think Stacy is very pretty but this was just a bad choice for her all round, the dress, the makeup and the hair. Hopefully she will do better but if she really wanted to be under the radar she wouldn't have come out of a side door and stood on the red carpet then wasn't seen again until leaving. Going out before George into his car then he came out and got into it. So sort of under the radar but not really it is Hollywood private. Jennifer Aniston does the same things. You know someone is seeing someone and they say it is private yet we get all these leaks and let's face it there have been many with Stacy and George already. Yet we all know when George wants to be really private he can so George and Stacy want it to be known they are seeing each other but are being coy about being pictured together. Even though that by doing this it will actually make the price go up and the paps will want shots of them together even more. Now will they continue doing this or will he walk the red carpet with her next premiere? Or will she go in without stopping for a photocall which really would make it look like a private relationship.(A bit too late for this one really!)
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:26

Katiedot wrote:Here's the e-online video:

LOL!

(btw wotalink! 2 km!)
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by laetval on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:50; edited 1 time in total
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:42

how about the film?
did they like it?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:08

(l. to r.) Kate Mara, Ides of March costar Max Minghella, mystery woman, Ides director-cowriter-star George Clooney at Friday night's ides of March party at Soho Room/Club/whatever in downtown Toronto.

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:15

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:21

ma insomma il film è piaciuto
o no???!??!?!?!

(crazy...)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:22

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Toronto Film Festival 2011 - Page 4 Empty clooney slams a reporter over dating question

Post by lolo"layla" Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:33

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 10:41

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 12:18

by sarah ali
-i had seen that too in him , i hope he changes and finds the right person for him , even if that's impossible to happen lol and in either ways that's ur decision and i totally respect it and agree with it too , but don't go sooo far , wanna see you here in every once and awhile, cuz i don't wanna miss ya! .
Thanks! Give Flowers

@Katie: You made a good point. Please read dex's opinion that is just perfect. I would just add the tming of leaking and bringing this unkown "actress"...
Dexterdidit wrote:I think Stacy is very pretty but this was just a bad choice for her all round, the dress, the makeup and the hair. Hopefully she will do better but if she really wanted to be under the radar she wouldn't have come out of a side door and stood on the red carpet then wasn't seen again until leaving. Going out before George into his car then he came out and got into it. So sort of under the radar but not really it is Hollywood private. Jennifer Aniston does the same things. You know someone is seeing someone and they say it is private yet we get all these leaks and let's face it there have been many with Stacy and George already. Yet we all know when George wants to be really private he can so George and Stacy want it to be known they are seeing each other but are being coy about being pictured together. Even though that by doing this it will actually make the price go up and the paps will want shots of them together even more. Now will they continue doing this or will he walk the red carpet with her next premiere? Or will she go in without stopping for a photocall which really would make it look like a private relationship.(A bit too late for this one really!)
So, was this a preview to see how well received she is, so once he gets his nominations, he will finally bring cray cray with him? Not worthy

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:11

First, thanks for all the pics and vids!!! Always so efficient laetval Thumbs up!

LouisLane, I respect your decision.. sometimes can be difficult to be a fan of George.... I´m glad I met you Hug1

I think George has answered well to that reporter, he hasn´t done wrong... he is there for his work, and the journalist asked the question on purpose for the relationship with Stacy... for people like that, was a time without promoting his movies. He can ask that but not in that moment...

As for what Sarah has said above.

Personally, I think George didn´t find his ideal woman in the world that he live, Hollywood, celebrities,... although he has a fairly normal life, but always surrounded by many people and women.... and being George and seeing the relationships that he has, some last longer or less, but in the end always ends.
I hope someday he finds the perfect woman for him, not to work so hard to devote time to the relationship.... but George is happy with his life, his work... if ever find that woman will not be soon...
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:17

George seemed a bit pis*ed. Rolling Eyes I love the WTF faces of ERW and Gosdong. Twisted Evil They just started laughing when saw george was "making a joke" out of it. The reporter made a general question, he didn't ask about past or current girlfriends and he did not mention them. This is one of the situations that should teach him to keep his bed business out of his work.

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:21

who switched names?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:29

Do you suppose its Stacy two rows back? Are those her legs? Why isn't she sitting closer? Just wondering... since everyone seems to be getting on the girlfriend bandwagon. I still think a very good friend. Maybe I’m nuts scratch but I notice things Shocked … like... he didn’t walk with her anywhere that we saw. Not even close by her on the red carpet. Please correct me if I’m wrong. Not at the Ides party Friday night, Not at the before dinner drinks and I haven’t heard about any after party yet. I don’t know… Maybe you’re right... but I still have my doubts. Embarassed Sorry, Katie! And anyone else that thinks they are “hot and heavy”. Give Flowers2 Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 13:48

The crazinest lol!

IDES OF MARCH Premiere
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:14

"Sources also report that a stylist has pulled several frocks from high-end designers for the 31-year-old leggy blonde to wear while in Toronto."

Is anyone else thinking that Stacy wasn't not initially invited to Toronto and that it was a last minute decision - maybe in reaction to Betty's Chi interview? If this was planned, why would an outfit have needed to be sourced in Toronto? Would she not have organised it in LA and packed it when she travelled? Stacy has been in LA not working so she would have had time to work with a stylist there or go to and from the designer showroom to find the right look. She goes to Toronto with the intent of walking a red carpet of the new bf's movie with the realisation that the level of media attention will be bigger than anything she has experienced before and she doesn't have the dress yet? She needed a local stylist in Toronto to find her an outfit? Was her luggage stolen or is there something a bit not right about this story. Maybe that it why the look isn't so great? It was thrown together at the last minute.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:20

Merlin wrote:"Well, that's funny, I knew someone would do it. I'm a little disappointed it's you. I mean, everyone is a little ashamed of you right now," Clooney says, right before asking what the reporter's name is so he can mockingly say, "The hard-hitting interview by Paul Chi."

G said he was disappointed that the reporter was him, yet G didn't even know the reporter's name, so why should he be disappointed in him? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:33

Cindi - I think he was disappointed that the focus wasn't on the film and on this private life. I mean, it was a press conference for a film and instead of talking about the film, he has to answer the stupid dating question - which everyone in that room knows he is not going to answer as he never comments on the woman in his life.
It was just a flick pass to the question so he didn't have th say no comment. Note by the end that George has spun the question around on the guy - no one walking out of that prress conference was thinking "boy Clooney won;t talk about his love life". They were talking about the guy that slowed the press conference down by wasting time asking a question that was never going to be answered and who got called out by Clooney for doing so - and how glad it was someone else who asked the question and not them.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:41

Watching, boy he sure has a way of side tracking embarrassing questions, but when G made that statement at the beginning of the video it seemed this guy was a friend of his. I suppose he couldn't say he was disappointed in the question and instead made the reporter look like a patsy.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:45

Seriously?? From Lainey's twitter:

LaineyGossip Elaine L.
Keibler is the first to arrive at the Clooney carpet. Thoughts on this? #TIFF2011 12 hours ago
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:49

It was a guy from People magazine, not a reporter from Foreign Affairs. What was a guy from People magazine supposed to ask? And while the question was really stupid, it was also harmless. There was no need to personally embarrass the man by asking for his first and last name. It was rude, and humiliating, and completely unnecessary for George to do. The first part of his answer was fine enough, but to ask for the guy's name and then call him out, in front of the cameras and the man's peers, was just unkind. And George is a man who's always talking about doing he right thing, being kind to people, treating people with dignity. To publicly humiliate a stranger like that, for no good reason, was low class, imo.

These leaks that've been coming over the last few weeks, particularly the last week, are from him. We tend to blame the woman the most, but he's the one in control. If she's doing it, then it's being done with his approval and blessing. So, yes, he is in fact publicizing his private life. He puts his private life on the table, and then gets testy and hypocritical when someone, even in a remote way, asks him about it.

Besides, isn't he on very close terms with People 'Kneepads' Magazine? They do his bidding for him when he needs it. Among others, of course.

Last edited by Casey on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:51; edited 1 time in total

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 10 Sep 2011, 14:50

Guest wrote:Moor proof they are a couple there together. What people saw last night and this morning, they slept in the same room and she's at his premier. That's proof ladies. Accept it.

I like the dress and shoes. I don't know why they aren't together on the red carpet but, they are definitely together in Toronto and will be back in L.A. If someone claims all the things that were this summer and now tonight and you don't deny it then you are showing that its true without getting into it.

They are there together, in the same hotel and room and seen out as a couple. They are an item, period. I wouldn't be stupid to accept that they are not.

When he himself says they are not and never have been then I would accept that they aren't but he has had all summer to and didn't so they are, period. He has to say they are not like others do when the papers lie about them being in a relationship. Its easy. Others do it all the time to stop people from accepting they are a couple when they are not one, duh!

A-listers especially do it when they don't want people to think they are dating someone they are not. Neither one ever denied it and they are there together, 2+2 = they are a couple and have been since the rumors started. As simple as that.

Hey "nosey" or is it Guest now I have just one question for you....do you get paid by the post or by the word? Just curious.....ahahahaha
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 15:04

Casey wrote:It was a guy from People magazine, not a reporter from Foreign Affairs. What was a guy from People magazine supposed to ask? And while the question was really stupid, it was also harmless. There was no need to personally embarrass the man by asking for his first and last name. It was rude, and humiliating, and completely unnecessary for George to do.

I totally agree with you.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 10 Sep 2011, 15:06

Candid shots of Stacy being at the premiere. Not sure what the two arms up victory pose is about but each to their own.... Anyone else getting the vibe that she was going for a Heidi Klum look??

TIFF 2011: Stacy Keibler--George Clooney's Girlfriend

She didn't arrive in a limousine. She just popped up somewhere to the surprise of everyone. She walked past where some of us stood but nobody recognized her. She went to the red carpet and posed for the photographers.

And, ah, yes! She's George Clooney's new girlfriend: Stacey Keibler.

Mind you, she's an ex-wrestler!

Link with candid shots of Stacy
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 15:12

Every time I pull up this thread I have to hear the 'George Slams Reporter" video again and again. Well, I could turn off my speaker. LOL Nice video though.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charley Sat 10 Sep 2011, 15:51

Casey wrote:It was a guy from People magazine, not a reporter from Foreign Affairs. What was a guy from People magazine supposed to ask? And while the question was really stupid, it was also harmless. There was no need to personally embarrass the man by asking for his first and last name. It was rude, and humiliating, and completely unnecessary for George to do. The first part of his answer was fine enough, but to ask for the guy's name and then call him out, in front of the cameras and the man's peers, was just unkind. And George is a man who's always talking about doing he right thing, being kind to people, treating people with dignity. To publicly humiliate a stranger like that, for no good reason, was low class, imo.

These leaks that've been coming over the last few weeks, particularly the last week, are from him. We tend to blame the woman the most, but he's the one in control. If she's doing it, then it's being done with his approval and blessing. So, yes, he is in fact publicizing his private life. He puts his private life on the table, and then gets testy and hypocritical when someone, even in a remote way, asks him about it.

Besides, isn't he on very close terms with People 'Kneepads' Magazine? They do his bidding for him when he needs it. Among others, of course.

10 out of 10 Nothing more to add - you said it all Casey.
Charley
Charley
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 15:59

Every time I pull up this thread I have to hear the 'George Slams Reporter" video again and again

Yeah lol! I heard George say the same thing 8 times.

Wow... yes, she has long legs... with heels be the same height or taller than George.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 10 Sep 2011, 16:04

Whether he is with Stacy or not i am looking forward to the Ides of March. I saw the play Farragut North, which is where Ides is taken from ,here in Chicago and it was a great play. With George I think he has been living this life style for so long if a real relationship hit him in his face I don't think he would even recognize it or know it.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi1970 Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:16

Delurking to say that George knows what he is doing. He could of kept the focus on his film by keeping Stacy at home like he did at the other festivals but he did'nt his publicity team leaked this as the official unveiling....which is all fine and dandy but don't create a media storm and then pretend that you are above it. A simple and polite next question would do just fine. I hope this does not rub off on Gosling.

mimi1970
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:30

Well, well, well - no more chicklet smiles!!!!! I didn't like his purchased teeth at all - now it's his old smile!! Very Happy

RE: bruised legs... LS had bruised legs, KA had bruised legs, SL and EC had bruised legs and now SK has bruised legs. George either kicks them under the dinner table when they say something stupid, OR they're on their knees ALOT!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:36

OMG Mel you are so funny! Love your statement about bruised legs.

Purchased teeth?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:39

melbert wrote:RE: bruised legs... LS had bruised legs, KA had bruised legs, SL and EC had bruised legs and now SK has bruised legs. George either kicks them under the dinner table when they say something stupid, OR they're on their knees ALOT!

Yeah Right

Considering his choices in women, it could be a little of both. lol!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:41

Cindi, when he had those gawdawful veneers, they just looked like little chicklets in his mouth.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 17:57

watching wrote:"Sources also report that a stylist has pulled several frocks from high-end designers for the 31-year-old leggy blonde to wear while in Toronto."

Is anyone else thinking that Stacy wasn't not initially invited to Toronto and that it was a last minute decision - maybe in reaction to Betty's Chi interview?
Aha! A question, I can answer! I've got friends who are stylists and for some reason it's not unusual for dresses to be borrowed in the city where the film festival is taking place.

As to why that should be, I have no idea because it would make sense to have done the dress selection and fitting at home rather than depend on someone you've never met having in the city you're visiting to have the taste and contacts to have something fabulous for you, but it does happen that way.

Also: the dresses aren't always sourced from the designers; sometimes they're borrowed from shops that stock designer wear.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:28

I was looking at all the pictures of everbody on the red carpet at TFF and she seemed to be the only one who will make the fashion police and joan rivers can knock her down. Everybody else seemed to be dressed appropriate for the occasion. It seems that it could have been a publicity stunt, for whatever reason, as if someone paid her to dress that way to get the reaction it has all over the internet. I wouldn't put it pass anybody for them to do that. Also, it looked in the pictures, when she was on the red carpet, as if people were screaming for her attention, really is she that popular that everybody knows her. That is hard to believe

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:32

I saw George on the red carpet yesterday. He is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS and in my opinion - short. Much shorter than I expected. Those eyes are to die for. And he was so close, I would have been able to check easily which side he dresses. Smile But I hold tight on my camera and I have a good close up photo. My friend has a cute video of him. I'm not able to post anything right now, but later... Stan was like glued on George and followed him like a shadow. And George was so cute when people shouted out Ryan Gosling's name, but he did not appear outside the VIP tent - George pushed him out of the back door and at that time we happened to be there / I'm not sure if we had a good photo of that, that happened so fast.
Vilma
Vilma
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:36

BTW Stacie did enjoy the publicity. She run around the red carpet area three times and was all smiles. Loads of people shouted Rubia every time she appeared outside. They were not together on the red carpet.
Vilma
Vilma

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:42

Woww Vilma!!!! Thanks for telling us.

I would give anything to see him in person and so close.... guess you're out of words ... Woo hooo!
many people say is very short, he said.... hahaha, well is tall but not so much.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:43

Vilma wrote:I saw George on the red carpet yesterday. He is DROP DEAD GORGEOUS and in my opinion - short. Much shorter than I expected. Those eyes are to die for. And he was so close, I would have been able to check easily which side he dresses. Smile But I hold tight on my camera and I have a good close up photo. My friend has a cute video of him. I'm not able to post anything right now, but later... Stan was like glued on George and followed him like a shadow. And George was so cute when people shouted out Ryan Gosling's name, but he did not appear outside the VIP tent - George pushed him out of the back door and at that time we happened to be there / I'm not sure if we had a good photo of that, that happened so fast.

Lucky you ! Funny how in the photo he looks so tiny compared with ryan Gosling
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:56

The press conference =)

The Ides of March Q&A

Last edited by hathaross on Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:57; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:57

I thought this from moviefone was funny. I had no idea he joked about fondling Evan Rachel wood under the table!!

An Obsessive Guide to George Clooney's 'Ides of March' Press Conference

By Mike Ryan (Subscribe to Mike Ryan's posts)

Posted Sep 9th 2011 5:50PM

Press conferences are a fixture of life in Washington and Hollywood alike. George Clooney's upcoming movie, 'Ides of March,' showing this week at the Toronto International Film Festival, is a dark morality tale set in the world of American presidential politics, so it's only fitting that he would choose to discuss it in the setting of a press conference, where Canadian entertainment reporters were able to channel their inner Jake Tappers and ask "gotcha" questions of Clooney and his star-studded cast. Moviefone's Michael Hogan and Mike Ryan sat in on the event and dissected it for your pleasure and, perhaps, edification.

Hogan: So, Mike, we just sat through the 'The Ides of March' press conference, which was billed as the media's only chance to talk to George Clooney about his latest directorial effort. What did you think?
Ryan: My first thought: I am a straight male, but George Clooney is a very, very good-looking man.

Yes, several of the people asking questions seemed to share that opinion. You could tell from their trembling voices (and knees).

Either they were in awe of Clooney's aura -- or Canada is just really the nicest place on Earth. Honesty, 90 percent of the questions were, "Hello, George. Would it be OK if I kissed your ass for a few seconds?"

Yes, although I was more interested in the other 10 percent. Clooney's devilish disdain for this process got me thinking about how journalists really fall into three categories: the ones who want to make you say something stupid, the ones who want to prove how smart they are, and the ones who want you to love them.

Did you see him roll his eyes at one point? And then there was the absolute takedown of one of the journalists. I believe his name was Paul.

That was the guy who dared to bring up Clooney's personal life. Clooney really took delight in publicly shaming him: "I'm disappointed in you." I sort of love how Clooney gets it not just both ways but every way: he lives a 13-year-old boy's fantasy in public, then ascends the high horse any time anyone brings it up. It's actually kind of awesome.

I've never been in a room before with someone who is THAT media savvy. Not even close -- and we were both in a room with Brad Pitt today. But I suppose he has to be. I kept track of who would get asked more questions: Clooney or "The Field" of the other eight participants -- which includes Ryan Gosling. Clooney won twelve to ten. And keep in mind, a couple of times the moderator forced people to ask "The Field."

Yes, it's clear that everyone else was a little bored, or intimidated, or both. And we're talking about a group that included arguably the biggest rising star of right now (Ryan Gosling), two Oscar winners (Philip Seymour Hoffman, Marisa Tomei), another guy who was nominated (Paul Giamatti), and a dude with every other award there is (Jeffrey Wright). And we both noticed that Max Minghella never said a single word.

Poor Max. I almost asked, "Hey, man, you OK up there?" Speaking of bored: who had the more "I'm pissed to be here" face, Giamatti or Hoffman?

It was a dead heat between Giamatti, Hoffman, Tomei, and, for some reason, Gosling, who kept rolling his eyes over and over again. He was also VERY annoyed at the female reporter who joked (lamely) that Clooney could never be president because of the women and the drugs. That offended his Canadian sensibilities.

You know what else offended his Canadian sensibilities? Being asked if 'The Ides of March' would work as a Canadian political thriller and being asked if he would ever run for Canadian political office. It really looked like the guy wanted to scream, "I don't live in Canada any longer, you f*cking hosers!"

Now that he's bulked up to the point where it would have been possible for him to single-handedly defeat the entire audience in hand-to-hand combat, I'm sure it was a struggle for him to not get all Florida on our asses. But can we talk about clothing? Apparently, in Hollywood, having an Oscar means never having to wear a jacket.

In other words: Having an Oscar means you can wear a sensible white tennis shirt. Also having an Oscar means that you can tease Evan Rachel Wood about fondling her under the table and everyone thinks it's hilarious. (And it was.)

Yeah, that was awesome. For those playing at home, Evan Rachel Wood was talking about how great Clooney is, and then said, "George is handing me money under the table." (He had already made a big show of passing Gosling cash during a similar routine.) Clooney said, "That's not money," which got a very real-sounding squeal out of former Mrs. Marilyn Manson.

I have to agree with what Gosling said about Clooney: being in a room with him is like watching a unicorn being born.

That is very true. Another thing I thought was interesting: which actors took the bait when journalists asked loaded questions. Clooney himself dodged the biggest one -- which politician did you model your character on? -- but Evan Rachel Wood went right ahead and admitted that she wants to direct!

Speaking of Evan Rachel Wood: I felt like one of the press questions -- and I should add that the question I'm thinking of was asked by a female -- was a tad sexist. She and Tomei were both asked, "What was it like hanging out at night with these men who get so much attention?" Which felt like it was asked in a "While our boys are fighting in Europe, what are YOU doing to help the war effort?" kind of way.

Yeah, that was a weird question, though I really enjoyed it when Evan Rachel Wood gave the guys that backhanded compliment by saying that she grew up with big brothers and felt comfortable with older guys. Clooney was noticeably wounded by that one, which would be a bit sad if his occupation were anything other than international movie star.

I'd be remiss if I did not mention my absolute favorite part of the event. When the moderator asked Marisa Tomei -- who plays a New York Times reporter in the film -- had spoken to any real life Times reporters for her research. Then he pauses and says, "Like Judith Miller." Clooney's reaction to that might be in my top ten list of favorite things of all time.

Yeah, Clooney was just incredulous. That was one of several moments where I sensed Clooney feeling the pain of being maybe the smartest person in the entire entertainment world. It was around that time that I toyed with asking him the question, "Who do you despise more, politicians or journalists?" But as a journalist, I really don't want to know the answer.

Me either.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 19:59

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vilma Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:00

hathaross wrote:Woww Vilma!!!! Thanks for telling us.

I would give anything to see him in person and so close.... guess you're out of words

I still don't believe it. I could have touched him and seriously - those eyes... I love you
Vilma
Vilma

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:03

I could have touched him and seriously - those eyes...

Awww god, sure that was prefect!! Very Happy
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:05

Thanks Katie for the article. Very funny.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:10

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:11

Advice from George on how to handle film festivals from USA Today

Sep 09, 2011

George Clooney says, stay off the sauce

Herewith, his rules for surviving the film festival.

"Don't drink. Too much," he said at the party for his film The Ides of March at the Soho House.

Later he clarified. "I don't know the rules. Wear comfortable shoes. Have more than one film at a festival. And drink."

Clooney is here for two films, and he's accompanied by his rumored girlfriend, Stacy Keibler.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sat 10 Sep 2011, 20:13

Great pics, thaks!!! Waiting for the vid... Very Happy

The boy looks better with short hair and she is pretty. Smile

Wear comfortable shoes. Have more than one film at a festival. And drink.

Great advice lol!
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next