George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
People Amal and Meghan's Friendship EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

People Amal and Meghan's Friendship

+5
premiere
Admin
Joanna
hairyhound
annemarie
9 posters

Go down

People Amal and Meghan's Friendship Empty People Amal and Meghan's Friendship

Post by annemarie Wed 30 May 2018, 16:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=40]Amal Clooney Is Helping Meghan Markle Settle into London Life: They Have a ‘Natural Friendship’[/size]
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Famal-clooney-meghan-markle-friendship%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Fmeghan-amal.jpg&description=Amal Clooney Is Helping Meghan Markle Settle into London Life%3A They Have a %E2%80%98Natural Friendship%E2%80%99][/url][url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=Amal Clooney Is Helping Meghan Markle Settle into London Life%3A They Have a %E2%80%98Natural Friendship%E2%80%99][/url]

DANA ROSE FALCONE and MONIQUE JESSEN 
May 30, 2018 08:00 AM

Amal Clooney is more than just a wedding guest to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle — she’s the new royal’s confidant.
“Meghan and Amal have known each other for a while [and share] many interests,” an insider tells PEOPLE in this week’s issue, on stands Friday.
The two were introduced by a mutual friend and got closer after the Suitsstar, 36, moved to the U.K.

• Want to keep up on the latest from PEOPLE? Sign up for our daily newsletter to get our best stories of the day delivered straight to your inbox.

“Amal has been helping Meghan settle into London life,” the source continues. “It was a very natural friendship from day one.”
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Famal-clooney-meghan-markle-friendship%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Fmeghan-amal.jpg&description=Amal Clooney Is Helping Meghan Markle Settle into London Life%3A They Have a %E2%80%98Natural Friendship%E2%80%99][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Getty; PA
Amal, 40, nearly stole the show when she arrived to Harry and Meghan’s May 19 nuptials at St. George’s Chapel, donning a yellow Stella McCartney midi dress and matching veiled fascinator. She and husband George, 57, have a home outside London and plan to spend the summer in Europe, with their Lake Como property in Italy acting as home base for the couple and their twins, who turn 1 year old on June 6.
RELATED VIDEO: Amal Clooney And Princess Eugenie Attend International Women’s Day Event At The British Consulate

THE CLOONEYS! THE BECKHAMS! HERE ARE THE CELEBRITY ROYAL WEDDING GUESTS WE CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF
2018 MET GALA CO-HOST AMAL CLOONEY HITS THE RED CARPET – IN PANTS! – ALONGSIDE HUSBAND GEORGE

“They are flying back and forth between the U.S. and Europe, but everything is set up at the Lake Como house,” a second source says. “They will spend as much time by the lake as they can. They always seem to love coming to the lake.”
[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Famal-clooney-meghan-markle-friendship%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F05%2Famal-clooney-1-2000.jpg&description=Amal Clooney Is Helping Meghan Markle Settle into London Life%3A They Have a %E2%80%98Natural Friendship%E2%80%99][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Clooneys at Meghan and Harry's wedding on May 19.
Chris Radburn - WPA Pool/Getty Images
The summer will also be filled with work for the British human rights lawyer, who will be dedicated to over a dozen international cases, including her most recently acquired one for Reuters. She’ll be serving as international counsel for Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, two Reuters journalists who were detained and put on a politically-motivated trial in Myanmar for their reporting on crimes committed against Rohingyas by the Myanmar military.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

People Amal and Meghan's Friendship Empty Re: People Amal and Meghan's Friendship

Post by hairyhound Thu 31 May 2018, 08:15

She(Amal) is not even in London most of the time!!!
hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

People Amal and Meghan's Friendship Empty Re: People Amal and Meghan's Friendship

Post by Joanna Thu 31 May 2018, 19:11

hairyhound wrote:She(Amal) is not even in London most of the time

I don't think we really know how long Amal or George
spend their time anywhere do we ?

( Excuse poor grammar !).   I'm  Sleep
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 31 May 2018, 21:05

True we don't know , and their home is not far from Windsor Castle so they can get together out of the public eye.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 01 Jun 2018, 12:40

We have no idea how much time they're spending anywhere.  But still, I call bullshit on this story.  

While I don't doubt that they know each other (I've come around after the wedding) I think this idea of Amal and Meghan being BFFs is just like the way the media like to think of George and Brad Pitt being best buddies.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 Jun 2018, 13:11

I think they might be casual friends. They have a lot in common, what with George coming from the US and adjusting to life in the UK and Amal being a Brit living a life in the spotlight (thanks to George). They all do charity and humanitarian work and probably know a lot of the same people. I can see Meghan occasionally asking G&A for advice.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Jun 2018, 13:35

Could be many things in London, but I'll go with Soho House, maybe legal stuff, friend of a friend (easily), rarified atmospheres and networks and charity..........

e g Obama pops in to see the Clooneys, after just leaving Harry's place en route for home after European speaking tour..........

And possibly hairdressers...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 01 Jun 2018, 21:36

My sister is a colleague of the sister of one of the Meghan BFF actresses (get that?). Amal is NOT in Meghan's friendship circle. They are acquaintances. The wedding invitation was extended because of the George/Harry connection.

Not to say an Amal/Meghan friendship won't blossom. But it's not there now. This is tabloid fodder.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 Jun 2018, 21:50

Makes sense to me. I imagine George has had many more opportunities over the years to meet (and maybe work with) Harry. I doubt that Amal and Meghan have traveled in the same circles until fairly recently. I guess the more their paths cross, the more likely it is that they'll become actual friends, but considering how busy they all are it might never happen.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 01 Jun 2018, 22:01

Or, as Harry's Argentinian polo-playing friend who's helping a club in NYC, said on morning tv, don't believe everything you read in the papers.......surprised that the article first appeared in the 'trusted' gospel that is People  tho

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 02 Jun 2018, 15:51

... And, the way the situation was described to me, "acquaintances" is a very generous description of the Amal/Meghan relationship. I think this is just one of those dreamed up friendships, like Katie says.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 02 Jun 2018, 16:34

Can't think Amal's getting so much attention for what she wore to the wedding would help build a friendship. Almost as if she tried to outshine the bride. (Not saying that was her intention. Just saying her dress got almost as much - if not more - coverage than Meghan's dress.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 03 Jun 2018, 01:03

So after reading all these comments, I'd like to hear what your opinions are of why the Clooneys had such primo seats at the wedding.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 Jun 2018, 02:09

I read that their closest friends and family sat in the front of the church. That tells me that the Clooneys especially Amal
is a friend of Meghan's.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Jun 2018, 11:14

Okay, Premiere. Let's try this.

This is Misha Nanoo

She's a fashion designer based in NYC and Amal knows her from way back (there are pix!). Amal has worn her designs. She married Harry's best mate Alexander Gilkes. He and his brother went to Eton with Harry and he's now based in NYC and has a company called Paddle8 which is an art auction house.

Misha and Alexander split up and she's now with Markus Anderson who is Nick Jones right-hand man. Nick Jones is the owner of Soho House. Misha is Meghan's yoga buddy.

Rumour has it that Misha introduced Harry to Meghan at Toronto Soho Housw
Princess Eugenie also worked in NYC at Gilkes' arthouse and has been with her fiance for six years. He now works for George having worked his way up in the hospitality scene in the UK.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Jun 2018, 11:21

So wheels within wheels and many links including George's connections to Harry and the Prince's Trust (that's Charles).

Interesting that they were seated on what is traditionally the bride's side of the aisle and it seems their multiple connections meant they had better seats that many!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Jun 2018, 13:26

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 03 Jun 2018, 13:45

Also, these considerations:

There were whispers that the Clooneys got the seats that the Obamas would have had, if deference to the Orange Occupant hadn't come into play.

And, "Meghan's side" was particularly sparse, considering only her mother, cast mates, and her best friends were there.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Jun 2018, 14:01

Yep, also possible but I think they'd decided a long time ago that the Man in the White House was a no-go and if they'd invited the Obamas they would have had to invite Theresa May etc etc.

To be honest was half expecting to see Michelle Obama there and they must have had some tough diplomatic decisions to make 'cos they included the former Prime Minister John Major, but on the basis that they'd asked him to be an advisor post Diana's death and he still is.

But they were not as restricted as William and Kate because as the eldest son and future King would have to invite other people too e g European Royals and many more diplomats.

Must have all been decided months ago.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 03 Jun 2018, 19:31

Former President Barack Obama and Prince Harry are personal friends. I don't think an invitation to Obama would necessarily have triggered an invite to May. And there wouldn't be any reason for Michelle O. to attend without her husband, who is the actual friend of the groom. It's not like an official sending a representative to an event.

Anyway, my original point was that the Clooneys were invited because of George's relationship to Harry and the royal family. Amal, as always, made the most of the opportunity her husband provided.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 Jun 2018, 22:34

I read that too invite the Obama's would have caused problems with the man child in the White House , so they decided to not invite politicians . If you invite one you have to invite all and that is not what they wanted so they didn't invite any.

If they are all friends great, I see no reason Amal and Meghan couldn't be friends, the both are involved in charity work
and have mutual friends.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 03 Jun 2018, 23:40

How could they have invited the Obamas without extending an invitation to the jackass in the White House? Trump would have gone ballistic. God only knows what he would do to retaliate. It's even possible the Obamas were invited but felt it would cause too many problems if they attended.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 Jun 2018, 03:50

Yep, first and foremost Obama is a former President.  Way too awkward to invite him and Michelle without crossing the line that no foreign leaders would be invited.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down