George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George and Amal would like children -  EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal would like children -  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal would like children -

+5
Donnamarie
Nicky80
Joanna
party animal - not!
Way2Old4Dis
9 posters

Go down

George and Amal would like children -  Empty Re: George and Amal would like children -

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 01 Jun 2015, 17:42

Just read a blurb that George is quoted in a German mag (the same one with the "Gay! Gay! Gay! Gay!" thing years ago, I think) in answer to the 'children' question, "Yes, but we're going to take our time."

I had a good laugh. One, it's probably made up. And, if George did say it, it translates to "I told the truth the first time when I said I don't think about it, but I got a ton of shit from my in-laws, so this is my answer from now on."

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal would like children -  Empty George and Amal would like children -

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Jun 2015, 18:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Origiinal interview with Bild, I think........

George Clooney a father? The actor says he's interested in having Kids

George Clooney and his wife Amal Alamuddin do want to have children, the U.S. actor was quoted on Monday as saying, after he caused a stir last month by saying parenthood was not high on his priority list.
Asked by German newspaper Bild whether he and Alamuddin, a human rights lawyer, were interested in having kids, the two-time Oscar winner said: "Yes, but we're taking our time."
Clooney told U.S. network CBS late last month he had not really thought about having children, adding it "hasn't been high on my list". Clooney said he had been asked about that a lot lately because of his recent marriage and his latest film "Tomorrowland", which has children in it.
Clooney, 54, told Bild he had dreamed of becoming a professional baseball player when he was younger and had later wanted to become a journalist. He ended up selling insurance and cutting tobacco for a while.
"I always wanted to be a baseball player a not enough talent," he said. "I wanted to be a journalist like my father a not smart enough. Now I am what I am a and very happy."
Clooney, once dubbed the world's most eligible bachelor, married Alamuddin last September in Venice

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 20:52; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George and Amal would like children -  Empty Re: George and Amal would like children -

Post by Joanna Mon 01 Jun 2015, 18:58

I saw that by Reuters too pan.

It would be lovely if that happened IMO.
Time alone will tell of course !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 01 Jun 2015, 19:00

There's a thread on that now re his reply 
to Bild and reported by Reuters.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Jun 2015, 19:06

Ah, well, now's there's a denial from Stan. Extremely quick one too!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Is All Smiles After Tomorrowland Bombs At The Box Office

Does George Clooney want to have children with his new wife, Amal Clooney? Some people would like to know.
Charlie Rose wanted to know: "It hasn't been high on my list," the star told him.
ET Canada wanted to know: "It was nice how [you] did that. That was good. You didn't even take a slow turn, you went right into it."
And the German newspaper Bild wanted to know as well. However, according to his representative, Bild didn't bother to ask Clooney himself whether or not he wanted kids before they reported on it.
"[It's a] made up story," Clooney's publicist Stan Rosenfield told Yahoo of Bild's report that he and his equally busy wife were interested in having children, "but we're taking our time."
Clooney has been dogged by questions about plans for the future of his family since he married Amal Alamuddin, a highly decorated human rights lawyer, last September. In promoting his new film Tomorrowland, those questions have been even more persistent. But at every turn, Clooney has appeared highly uncomfortable with the question.
"I've thought about [having children] I suppose, but I haven't really — it hasn't been high on my list," Clooney said during an interview with CBS This Morning earlier this month. "I've been asked a lot lately because I've gotten married and I'm doing a movie with kids in it. You should see how creative the way they ask me."
Rose attempted to press the subject further: "You know why I'm asking you, though, because you have such a great dad, and you're so close to him. That must be a powerful emotion for you."
However Clooney wouldn't bite: "It is, and I'm really close with my mom, too," he responded. "I'm really close with my family."

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 01 Jun 2015, 20:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Jun 2015, 20:55

OK my 2 cents about BILD.

I think it is funny that our German newspaper makes Stan react hehe.

The BILD newspaper is similar like the DailyMail but I must say if it comes to political scandalds the BILD has first class Information before the german Version of the times or Washington Post....

Anyhow, if it comes to celebrities ... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 01 Jun 2015, 21:23

This whole children thing is so personal.  It's nobody's business.  But people cannot help themselves.  Even Charlie Rose.  He should have known better.

We have no idea how Amal feels about this.  George had said in the past he has so many things he wants to do with his life and he is selfish in that he wants to pursue those passions. When would he have time to be a good father.  And what if they decide they don't want kids then the media will be making up a whole new slew of stories of how the marriage is falling apart because one wants kids and the other doesn't.  Or Amal can't have kids. OMG!   

Personally I think they should just keep adopting dogs.   Razz
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 01 Jun 2015, 22:17

To be fair George said he was never getting married and did, so it's obvious the question of children would come up. I think he and Amal both knew that was bound to happen.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Jun 2015, 22:37

His answer to somebody (was it Jenni Murray?) was 'I don't know' and that seems about right and would cover all questions. Staggered in a way that people even ask. Have they asked Daniel Craig or Johnny Depp?  We know he's incredibly approachable but I still think he's unbelievably patient.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 01 Jun 2015, 22:55

I wish people would just get a clue. In general, any answer other than "Yes" to that question, no matter how diplomatic the phrasing, is a "No." 

If a man is at the point of disclosing the details of his proposal and praising his new wife to the heavens, but says "children aren't a priority," then he's not interested in having kids. The subtext is pretty clear to me.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

George and Amal would like children -  Empty George and Amal would like children -

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 01 Jun 2015, 23:09

Oh, okay. Maybe one of the mods can I've my post to that thread.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 02 Jun 2015, 00:13

PAN - To be fair, pretty much everyone gets asked the question as soon as they get married. Everyone asks. All the time. They don't mean to pry, but... Sometimes I think it's Nature's way of forcing us to keep the species going - we have the kids just to shut everyone up!

Unfortunately for G&A, they're in the public eye and instead of being asked by family  and friends (who probably ARE wondering) they're being asked by the international media. I'm sure they're sick of hearing it. That's probably why Stan spoke up.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 02 Jun 2015, 00:32

Bottom line it's personal and nobody's business.  They could have very well have decided one way or another but they're not going to tell the public.   It is prying IMO.  
I'm sure George is tired of the question.  But George IS 
very patient with the media.  He is soooo used to these questions.  Hopefully he's done with interviews for at least this summer!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 02 Jun 2015, 00:52

If you are 54 and 37 and it is not high on your list, then you are not seriously considering having any --at least not your own.

Last edited by fava on Tue 02 Jun 2015, 00:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typi)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 02 Jun 2015, 01:37

Just like the wedding was "personal and nobody's business", eh?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Jun 2015, 02:19

The actual wedding was tho, wasn't it, Mel?

And His Nibs has been pretty cute, as usual, with the questions, this time about children.

His actual reply to Charlie Rose was that it hadn't been on his radar....that's not to say it won't be now.........

Reminds me of the 'three dates' scenario on the Britannia awards red carpet in November 2013

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 02 Jun 2015, 03:57

It is George and Amal's prerogative what they want to share and not share with the public.  Sharing pictures of his wedding and the pre and post comings and goings is one thing.  The actual ceremony was not shared with the public and the words said between the two of them.

Sharing with the public if he and his wife are thinking about having children and the ramications of that decision on their lives is a very personal issue.  George has been very kind and clever in his responses to this intrusive question posed to him in almost every interview.  And he's not complaining.  I am!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 02 Jun 2015, 06:41

Donnamarie wrote:This whole children thing is so personal.  It's nobody's business.  But people cannot help themselves.  Even Charlie Rose.  He should have known better.

We have no idea how Amal feels about this.  George had said in the past he has so many things he wants to do with his life and he is selfish in that he wants to pursue those passions. When would he have time to be a good father.  And what if they decide they don't want kids then the media will be making up a whole new slew of stories of how the marriage is falling apart because one wants kids and the other doesn't.  Or Amal can't have kids. OMG!   

Personally I think they should just keep adopting dogs.   Razz
ME TOO Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Jun 2015, 15:41

I agree Donnamarie they kept the personal parts of the wedding to themselves, and gave the fans and charity something as well.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down