George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met

+3
Sevens
benex
carolhathaway
7 posters

Go down

The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met Empty How George and Amal met

Post by carolhathaway Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met

BY ELIZABETH LEONARD•@LIZZLEONARD1

POSTED ON JUNE 14, 2017 AT 8:00AM EDT

SHARETWEETEMAIL

VENTURELLI/WIREIMAGE

George Clooney’s father Nick suspected early on that the star’s now-wife Amalwould forever change the direction of his son’s life. Like really early on.

In fact, he and his wife Nina were with George the day he first met Amal, who tagged along to a dinner gathering with mutual friends in 2013, and Nick recalls witnessing sparks flying.

“Nina and I were actually the ones who answered the door when Amal came in,” he says. “She introduced herself to us and we talked. She was obviously very charming, gorgeous and so clearly accomplished, but by the time we had supper that night, it was clear there was a kindness to her and an inclusiveness.”

George for one took immediate notice.

“By the end of supper, I started looking over at Nina and saying, ‘Look ouuuut, this could be trouble for this young man!'”, Nick says. 

For more on George and Amal Clooney and their new life with the twins pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on stands Friday.

Amal and George Clooney step out in London in October 2013.REX/REX USA

“I really think by the time that first (meeting) was over, his and her fates were sealed, both of them. She was so remarkable and he was so remarkable around her.”

FROM PEN: EW’s Top Ten Rom-Com Movie Moments
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met Empty The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met

Post by benex Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:12

MOVIES

[size=37]The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met[/size]

BY ELIZABETH LEONARD@LIZZLEONARD1

POSTED ON JUNE 14, 2017 AT 8:00AM EDT

• TWEET
  • EMAIL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fthe-romantic-untold-story-of-the-day-george-and-amal-clooney-first-met%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fclooney-cover.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First%C2%A0Met][/url]
VENTURELLI/WIREIMAGE
George Clooney’s father Nick suspected early on that the star’s now-wife Amal would forever change the direction of his son’s life. Like really early on.
In fact, he and his wife Nina were with George the day he first met Amal, who tagged along to a dinner gathering with mutual friends in 2013, and Nick recalls witnessing sparks flying.
“Nina and I were actually the ones who answered the door when Amal came in,” he says. “She introduced herself to us and we talked. She was obviously very charming, gorgeous and so clearly accomplished, but by the time we had supper that night, it was clear there was a kindness to her and an inclusiveness.”
“By the end of supper, I started looking over at Nina and saying, ‘Look ouuuut, this could be trouble for this young man!'”, Nick says. 
For more on George and Amal Clooney and their new life with the twins pick up this week’s issue of PEOPLE, on stands Friday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fthe-romantic-untold-story-of-the-day-george-and-amal-clooney-first-met%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fgeorge-amal-in-car.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Amal and George Clooney step out in London in October 2013.][/url]Amal and George Clooney step out in London in October 2013.REX/REX USA

“I really think by the time that first (meeting) was over, his and her fates were sealed, both of them. She was so remarkable and he was so remarkable around her.”
FROM PEN: EW’s Top Ten Rom-Com Movie Moments

[size=49][size=49]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]
[size=14]EW's Top Ten Rom-Com Movie Moments
The staff of EW got together to create a list of the ten greatest Rom Com movie moments just in time for your annual Valentine's Day binge

[/size]
George’s dad would clearly know. “It was just different than all the other relationships I had seen him in, and I had watched them all from the time he was 13,” he says. 
“This young woman meant something to him almost immediately. It was just amazing.”
How right Nick was[/size]
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met Empty Re: The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met

Post by Sevens Wed 14 Jun 2017, 14:48

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met Empty Re: The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met

Post by annemarie Wed 14 Jun 2017, 15:01

MOVIES

[size=37]The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First Met[/size]

BY ELIZABETH LEONARD@LIZZLEONARD1

POSTED ON JUNE 14, 2017 AT 8:00AM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fthe-romantic-untold-story-of-the-day-george-and-amal-clooney-first-met%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fclooney-cover.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=The Romantic Untold Story of the Day George and Amal Clooney First%C2%A0Met][/url]
VENTURELLI/WIREIMAGE
George Clooney’s father Nick suspected early on that the star’s now-wife Amal would forever change the direction of his son’s life. Like really early on.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fthe-romantic-untold-story-of-the-day-george-and-amal-clooney-first-met%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F06%2Fgeorge-amal-in-car.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Amal and George Clooney step out in London in October 2013.][/url]Amal and George Clooney step out in London in October 2013.REX/REX USA

FROM PEN: EW’s Top Ten Rom-Com Movie Moments

George’s dad would clearly know. “It was just different than all the other relationships I had seen him in, and I had watched them all from the time he was 13,” he says. 
“This young woman meant something to him almost immediately. It was just amazing.”
How right Nick was. 

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 14 Jun 2017, 19:50

It's great getting some details on their first meeting. I love that Nick is willing to talk about his first impressions of Amal. And at his age why the hell not. It seems that Nick and Nina couldn't be happier for their son and he likes sharing his thoughts with everyone.

We have always heard nice comments about Amal from people who have known her. I think George was blown away from the beginning because he saw something very special in her. And Nick seems to say that George saw it right away. After years of many relationships George saw Amal as the game changer.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Thu 15 Jun 2017, 07:01

I was believed George they met Venice at charity fight night.Nick doorman I read but not understand.same story or different story?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 15 Jun 2017, 10:48

George never said where they met it has been said they met through a friend. Which makes sense since Nick said she came with friends to dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 15 Jun 2017, 14:21

Actually I thought George said just this year that he met Amal in Como. Does anyone else remember him saying that?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 15 Jun 2017, 14:54

Donnamarie wrote:Actually I thought George said just this year that he met Amal in Como.  Does anyone else remember him saying that?

He said that on Letterman.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 15 Jun 2017, 18:36

O.K so now we know they met in Como at a dinner she came with friends of his.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down