George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Italian wedding legal and binding - see document

+5
fridadereval
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
melbert
Nicky80
9 posters

Go down

Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document Empty Italian wedding legal and binding - see document

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:22

Italian wedding  legal and binding

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney didn't do what some celebs do when they tie the knot overseas ... in his case, marriage on foreign soil is legal and binding, because we have the official document that says so.

We've seen it before ... a celeb gets "hitched" outside the U.S. but it's all window dressing. The couple quietly comes back to our country and legally ties the knot.

Check out the certificate, issued by the City of Venice, Italy.  It certifies that George Timothy Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have a legally binding marriage contract.

A wedding that awesome does not deserve a redo back in the States.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document Empty Re: Italian wedding legal and binding - see document

Post by melbert Fri 03 Oct 2014, 22:59

Well, now with that and $5, he can go to Starbucks and get a Venti.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Italian wedding  legal and binding - see document Empty Re: Italian wedding legal and binding - see document

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Oct 2014, 01:24

Just out of curiosity - and NOT hoping it happens - but if they someday decide to get divorced, which country's laws apply? He's American, she's British and they married legally in Italy Does that mean that they'd have to divorce according to Italian law? Does anyone know?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 04 Oct 2014, 02:35

I think divorce law is based on residence, not where the couple married. So assuming they maintain residences in California and the UK, they would file in one of those places.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Sat 04 Oct 2014, 02:46

Divorce proceedings typically follow the laws of the country where it is filed LizzyNY. Typically it is where the couple is currently living. Or at least the party filing for divorce is.

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Oct 2014, 03:28

Thanks for the info. Wasn't sure how it worked.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sat 04 Oct 2014, 08:10

they just got married, and now there talking about divorce. I hope they have a great honeymoon, for it might not last long, and I thought Amul was off to work in London. who knows, I am sure they are having a honeymoon and wherever it is, must happiness to them. George really looks happy and content now and I guess he has to get used to be married. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Oct 2014, 09:24

LizzyNY wrote:Just out of curiosity - and NOT hoping it happens - but if they someday decide to get divorced, which country's laws apply? He's American, she's British and they married legally in Italy Does that mean that they'd have to divorce according to Italian law? Does anyone know?
It depends in which country the divorce is filed in. If she files in the UK, British laws apply; if he files in the US, American laws apply. Or vice versa of course (she could file in the US, he could file in the UK).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 04 Oct 2014, 12:49

Katie -  I asked because, not being divorced, I wasn't sure if you had to file in the country where you got legally married or if you could file in your country of residence at the time of the divorce.

It had occurred to me a while ago (and please don't jump all over me - I'm really hoping they last forever) that George's people may have suggested Italy as a good place to marry because of their divorce laws. But if they can file for divorce wherever they are living, then it doesn't matter where they got married.

Thanks to everyone for explaining.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:21

italy is not a good place for divorce anyway,im italian and divorced

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sun 05 Oct 2014, 18:07

Italy requires a long waiting period for the divorce to be finalized. I believe it is three years. On the upside, in Italy you declare if you want your assets joined together or to remain separately.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down