George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift

+8
LornaDoone
fridadereval
annemarie
party animal - not!
it's me
PigPen
Joanna
Katiedot
12 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift Empty George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift

Post by Katiedot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:06

Less 'struggling' and more 'waiting to see' would be a more accurate, but less catchy headline. Thanks to Henway for the find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift

by Helen Earnshaw | 18 September 2014

George Clooney's parents are struggling to decide what gift to buy their son for his wedding day. Clooney is set to marry Amal Alamuddin at the end of the month, but what do you buy the man who is work a rumoured £100 million? This is the dilemma that is facing Clooney's parents Nick and Nina as they don't know if he wants a gift or would prefer them to make a donation.

Speaking to Grazia, Nina Clooney said: "I haven't got them a wedding present yet because we haven't decided what to get, or if they would prefer some kind of donation."

Clooney and Alamuddin became engaged in April of this year, and will wed in Venice later this month. And the setting for the wedding has also got the seal of approval from Clooney's mum.

"It is in Venice at the end of this month. We are just thrilled. We have been to Venice before and it is the most romantic place. It will be lovely to see George get married."

This is the second marriage for Clooney after he was married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993. However, this is the first marriage for Alamuddin. New details about the wedding are beginning to emerge, as Us Weekly has reported that only sixty guests will be in attendance. Matt Damon will be there but it is still not clear if Brad Pitt - who has also just tied the knot - will be there.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift Empty Re: George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift

Post by Joanna Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:12

Well it looks like Nina has spoken about the 
wedding venue.
Is it a reliable quote do we think ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift Empty Re: George Clooney's Parents Struggling To Choose Wedding Gift

Post by Katiedot Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:14

I don't know. It's really really rare for publications to make up attributed quotes but on the other hand I find it hard to believe that Nina Clooney spoke to Grazia.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:16

I haven't got them a wedding present yet because we haven't decided what to get, or if they would prefer some kind of donation."   Good tap dance.  What did the reporter think she was going to say " oh yes, we're giving them blah blah blah." Gift is probably  wrapped and given.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:16

guess they can pour their hearts in a touching letter

adding that to some memorabilia G would appreciate
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:18

Is Grazia an Italian based magazine ?

If it is then maybe that's how it came about with the Venice connection ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:20

Katiedot wrote:I don't know.  It's really really rare for publications to make up attributed quotes but on the other hand I find it hard to believe that Nina Clooney spoke to Grazia.  
Memory is abit hazy tonight, but wasn't there a quote from Nina right after she spoke about the engagement, saying she was misquotes or taken out of context and wouldn't speak about the engagement anymore because of it.  Think it had something to do with a line that sounded as if she was implying all of George's other girlfriends were stupid when referring to Amal as ( oh God to I have to say this) brilliant.  So I'm not to sure about Grazia.  Maybe yes, maybe no.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 18 Sep 2014, 22:31

It's Grazia, folks. Take no notice

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 18 Sep 2014, 23:51

Just ignore, they would definitely know what their son and his future wife would want by now.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Fri 19 Sep 2014, 00:05

Agree with all the "ignore" recommendations. Hardly something that the mother of the groom would share with a journalist, even if it is true! Which probably it is not.

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 19 Sep 2014, 02:55

What do you give someone who needs nothing?

Your blessing and your presence at their wedding wishing them well.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 19 Sep 2014, 03:08

Maybe a coffee mug collection?  Nick and Nina have received coffee mugs with the names of the films George has done at each of his premieres.  That would be a nice little collection.  And, who doesn't need more coffee mugs?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 19 Sep 2014, 14:49

I find it hard to believe Nina would confirm timing and location of the wedding to a newspaper. Sounds like hogwash to me.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 19 Sep 2014, 16:20

years years ago I received a really nice coffee mug
with funny b/w print I liked verrrry much

but maybe G would like some with different print
not right his own movies

am I wrong? scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 19 Sep 2014, 17:06

Joanna wrote:Is Grazia an Italian based magazine ?
There are different versions of Grazia. There are definitely ones in the UK and Dubai so I assume by the name it originated in Italy.

Grazia is a relatively upmarket gossip and fashion magazine, not usually gutter press.

PigPen wrote:
Katiedot wrote:I don't know.  It's really really rare for publications to make up attributed quotes but on the other hand I find it hard to believe that Nina Clooney spoke to Grazia.  
Memory is abit hazy tonight, but wasn't there a quote from Nina right after she spoke about the engagement, saying she was misquotes or taken out of context and wouldn't speak about the engagement anymore because of it. 
Yep, but publications don't attribute quotes to people unless that person really had spoken to them (or the magazine is quoting another interview somewhere else). Really weird.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 25 Sep 2014, 03:54

Well today's article in the Amal arrives in Milan thread says that Nick and Nina are giving Amal a key to their home in Kentucky so that she'll always feel at home.

I think that's really sweet.

About the middle of the page at the article below:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 25 Sep 2014, 04:10

Guess that's the first time they have handed out a key, only good idea if they haven't already changed the locks!! relax Im joking
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 25 Sep 2014, 04:22

theminis wrote:Guess that's the first time they have handed out a key, only good idea if they haven't already changed the locks!! relax Im joking
ha ha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Thu 25 Sep 2014, 10:57

That is very sweet !!! I love you It´s a really great gif
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down