George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding

+2
party animal - not!
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding Empty Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 May 2014, 03:19

A REAL ex finally speaks! Thanks Sillygirl for this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding

By LIZ MCNEIL
05/04/2014

Since the news first broke that George Clooney was engaged to Amal Alamuddin, many have wondered what to buy the glamorous couple for a wedding present.

But according to good pal Karen Duffy, a.k.a. Duff, not everyone will be shopping at Tiffany's.

At Saturday's EIF Revlon Run/Walk for Women, the model and longtime spokesperson for the brand told PEOPLE she had a much more creative idea.

"I have a tradition where I make needlepoint whoopee cushion covers and bring it to his house," jokes Duff, who's known Clooney, 52, for about 18 years.

Keep up with George Clooney in the pages of PEOPLE Magazine by subscribing now.

"His beautiful home has several of my needlepoints and when you sit on it, it sounds like a tugboat fart."

Still, the former MTV VJ – who briefly dated Clooney – says he shouldn't worry: "I'm sure my husband [John Lambros], who is far more dignified, will find something."

As for her friend's engagement, Duff, 51, says, "It really is a blessing when two people who are so full of dignity and kindness and really live to make the world a better place get together. It's going to be double in their efforts so I'm really happy for them."

But there's one person at her house who had to think about it a bit.

"The one person who is a little bit upset was my son," says Duff. "I was like, 'Uncle George is going to be walking the plank with Amal.' At first he said, 'Good for them.' Then he was like, 'But I really love being his favorite kid.' "

Duff explained that nothing would change that – for the moment. "I told him, 'You'll always be his favorite kid until he has kids of his own.' "

Of Alamuddin, Duff raves: "She's incredible. Truly he is the coolest dude and the greatest friend. They're both hilarious."

She continues, "What I love about George is that he grew up in a family where essentially if you do something good and anybody finds out about it, it doesn't count. So you never hear about what he's doing in Darfur, or what he's doing for displaced people as a U.N. Messenger of Peace. So together with his beautiful bride-to-be, I think they are going to be an amazing force for good."

Anyone else thinking from these comments that Karen Duffy has met Amal in person? If so, when? At Como in the summer?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding Empty Re: Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding

Post by party animal - not! Mon 05 May 2014, 03:32

Wow, what lovely comments from her. They're such good friends aren't they? And he really feels for her. I think she lives in NYC, but owns the farm upcountry somewhere where they shot Fantastic Mr Fox. So they could have met several times..........

Don't remember seeing any shots of her in Como last year, but that doesn't mean she wasn't there...........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding Empty Re: Karen Duffy Plans to Gift George Clooney a Whoopee Cushion Cover for His Wedding

Post by melbert Mon 05 May 2014, 03:36

She was probably at the NY premiere of MM as she attends most of his premieres.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 05 May 2014, 09:52

really nice comment she made  Very Happy  I'm glad her husband will look for a wedding present...The cushion thing wasn't my favorite he he
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 May 2014, 09:59

From Karen Duffy...."She continues, "What I love about George is that he grew up in a family where essentially if you do something good and anybody finds out about it, it doesn't count.
 So you never hear about what he's doing in Darfur, or what he's doing for displaced people as a U.N. Messenger of Peace. So together with his beautiful bride-to-be, I think they are going to be an amazing force for good"

Eat your heart out gossip writers...

Those remarks from a friend who knows George very well say it all to me.

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Mon 05 May 2014, 16:59

i love this:

But there's one person at her house who had to think about it a bit.

"The one person who is a little bit upset was my son," says Duff. "I was like, 'Uncle George is going to be walking the plank with Amal.' At first he said, 'Good for them.' Then he was like, 'But I really love being his favorite kid.' "

Duff explained that nothing would change that – for the moment. "I told him, 'You'll always be his favorite kid until he has kids of his own.' "
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down