George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Open Letter to George Clooney
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyToday at 13:53 by Theodor

» Let's Convince George to run for President!
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend

+17
Butterfly
Donnamarie
Alisonfan
party animal - not!
jd68
LornaDoone
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
Doug Ross
LizzyNY
socimar
annemarie
Picachu
lelacorb
Sevens
Nicky80
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend Empty Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend

Post by Nicky80 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 06:45

Thanks to frenchies, can someone who speaks Italian check that video to verify it is true that he said that  Laughing

Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend

Italian magazine "CHI" director Alfonso Signorini revealed that the wedding will take place this weekend in a location on Lake Como but not near his house.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend Empty Re: Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend

Post by Nicky80 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:26

Thanks to les frenchies....they add a new translation from that video

"Italian magazine "CHI" director Alfonso Signorini revealed that Clooney & Alamuddin decided to move their wedding date to this weekend in an unknown location on Lake Como."
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend Empty Re: Clooney's wedding will take place this weekend

Post by Nicky80 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:30

I really wonder 

firstly: How does he know? If you hope to get some wedding pics to publish you would not say anything....

secondly: Why does he give the infos? Even though he doesn't get the pics first hand he could have hired a paparazzi and see if he get some shots....why make it public?

thirdly: really wonder if the wedding was really moved and when yes why? Weddings are not easy to move....

But what do I know - nothing hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:34

There are four weekends in September. Guess I also have four chances to guess.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:38

LOL yes but he is not guessing. As far as I understood he said it as he knows it. Or do I have to put question mark to the thread title  Razz Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:42

The interview shows that marriage MAY BE early 'cause there are locations on the lake exhausted, not on the ground' in Laglio and perhaps even on Lake Como then Sugnorini Alberto speaks of Amal saying that she stands up well to the quiet life of villa Oleandra and that the maximum shift to the Villa d'Este, Clooney and 'a creature of habit and she seems to feel good being there'.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:46

Why does the wedding have to be on a weekend, a lot of people get married on a week day
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 04 Sep 2014, 07:52

It could be this weekend. Grant is already there, and it'll still leave them three weeks for honeymoon before returning to work.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Sep 2014, 12:30

I think Friday for the civil  ceremony if the venue they are using isn't licensed it has to take place in the city hall, If the venue is licensed then it can take place on a Saturday. I would think weekend starting Thursday for events and wedding, Sunday everyone goes home.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 04 Sep 2014, 12:55

Always beware of Alfonso Signorini.  He'll do anything to sell his magazine CHI, most of the time he is wrong; however he is a good friend of Elisabetta Canalis and he has the exclusive to everything she does; he was the first one to announce that she was pregnant, the latest interview of Elisabetta with fiance' Brian on the beach  in CA with photoshoot of the couple were taken by a CHI group sent there by Signorini and published only by CHI.  However, Elisabetta is feeding Signorini with all the right information but I don't think George is, so I would take Signorini's (also known and Alfonsina in Italy) with a grain of salt. 
I have listened to the video and Signorini mentions the wedding being anticipated; however the location is supersecret and still unknown but everything points out to an earlier marriage.  HOW??? He has however good words for Amal; that she has accepted his quiet life divided between Villa Oleandra and the grill of Villa d'Este (he knows the menu by heart), she is classy, elegant and a good match.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:33

Every time I see the Chi headline "un bimbo en arrivo" I have to laugh. In the US "bimbo" has a very different meaning! LOL!

(I thought the Italian word for baby was "bambino". Is "bimbo" slang for baby?)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 04 Sep 2014, 13:49

Bambino and bimbo are the same thing.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Sep 2014, 14:27

Well we will know when it is over I think.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:01

I hope the info is accurate and they both have a Wonderful Day.......with pictures for us to see afterwards.

Love3 Sofa bounce     Love3
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 04 Sep 2014, 15:37

Joanna - Amen! I don't think I can take much more of this. It's worse than the hunt for Bigfoot or Nessie! Dammit, George, just do it already! Exploded
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 04 Sep 2014, 16:38

Doug Ross wrote:Bambino and bimbo are the same thing.

So what's the Italian word for an American bimbo' s Italian baby?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 04 Sep 2014, 16:53

For you, what does it mean bimbo?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 04 Sep 2014, 17:31

bimbo  from Urban Dictionary

A girl who is stupid, wears lots of make up and is obsessed with boys and clothes. Generally blonde but there are exceptions. Usually hang around  with other bimbos. You can spot them because they will be the big group of girls that all look the same and are giggling hysterically.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 04 Sep 2014, 18:01

There's not a specif word for them, we just call them stupid. Very Happy

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 04 Sep 2014, 19:37

LizzyNY wrote:Joanna - Amen! I don't think I can take much more of this. It's worse than the hunt for Bigfoot or Nessie! Dammit, George, just do it already! Exploded 
Lol yes George do it and release some pictures.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Thu 04 Sep 2014, 19:57

Doug Ross wrote:For you, what does it mean bimbo?

The word "bimbo" derives itself from the Italian bimbo, short for bambino,  that means "(male) baby" or "young (male) child" (bimbo's feminine equivalent is bimba). 
In American slang, "Bimbo" is a derogatory slang term for an attractive but unintelligent female especially with loose morals.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 04 Sep 2014, 20:22

Yes hope the wedding is this weekend. So many other folks keep stealing his thunder he'd best hurry up before some other big name star takes the plunge and pushes his wedding off the front page of a magazine!!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Fri 05 Sep 2014, 08:42

Since Amal was spotted at Alexander McQueen's shop on Sept 4 I doubt the wedding is this weekend. Hardly time for alterations to be made.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:21

I'm thinking final fitting for the gown and try on with accessories. It is probably already in Italy If the wedding is between this weekend and next.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:43

Except that she's due  in Athens for the 11th.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:55

Where is Alexander McQueen based please.....
in UK or USA.

I'd be happy if she wore the beautiful Purple dress again
from her Cousin's special day. LOL.
To me it looked perfect for her.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 05 Sep 2014, 13:11

Jo - Alexander McQueen is based in the UK.
 Are you saying you want her to get married in a PURPLE gown?! I agree, she looked really good in it, but can you imagine the kerfuffle?!! What a Face - Maybe McQueen can make it for her in white. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 05 Sep 2014, 13:18

It would be a shame to have the wedding so close to Jolie Pitt and Eli, it would automatically invite comparisons by the public, and you can never win 100% in that arena.  Also, Stacy's baby pictures may surface, and it all becomes too messy, too much Clooney, and may not be the best for the brand. Over exposure in a condensed time frame, with many angles, is never a good thing.

I'm happy to wait.  Maybe after Christmas?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 05 Sep 2014, 14:14

I don't see why anyone would compare their weddings. If any one compares it will be the press who have nothing better to do.  I don't think George or Amal care about the other events this is their wedding and should happen when they want it . I think it will be within the next week .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 05 Sep 2014, 14:26

I agree with Annemarie. I really don't think they read all the gossip written about them. They have very full lives and are spending time planning what they want to be special for them and their close friends and family. I just hate that we can't know what's going on.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 06 Sep 2014, 04:24

Well we're nearing closer to the witching hour if this wedding is supposed to happen this weekend.

It's 5 am ish in Como and if there's a wedding tonight we're only about what, 12 hours or so away?

Just trying to figure out what time I should get in my black mourning outfit.  Champagne is chilling. 

Found some wedding toasts.  Will see which one I'll be in the mood to use later...

Socrates
By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher.

Rita Rudner
I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.

Mickey Rooney
Always get married early in the morning. That way, if it doesn't work out, you haven't wasted a whole day.

Henny Youngman
I take my wife everywhere I go. She always finds her way back.

Honore de Balzac
The majority of husbands remind me of an orangutan trying to play the violin.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 06 Sep 2014, 09:37

"Just trying to figure out what time I should get in my black mourning outfit. "

Hahahaha....you are funny Lorna. Very Happy I totally understand you. Sad

P.S. Could somebody explain me how to quote just one extract from someone's post instead of the whole post? I noticed you guys do it better than me. Thanks.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Sep 2014, 09:54

Butterfly, you could use the quote button then delete the text you don't need between the codes and just keep the part you want.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Sep 2014, 10:19

"I feel sorry for George Clooney. His people have been shopping around the rights to his wedding, but now that Brad and Angelina have married, I think the well is a little dry for a lot of would-be buyers ... he won't get the price he would have got, say, a month ago."
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:00

Ludicrous statement

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 06 Sep 2014, 11:48

That is ridiculous no one knows if George is trying to sell his photos.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 06 Sep 2014, 12:29

If he sold the photo, he's earn a lot of money. 
No matter that Brad and Angie got married one or two weeks ago.
The most famous bachelor in Hollywood get married, magazines can't wait to have photos of his big day.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sat 06 Sep 2014, 12:36

Sevens wrote:"I feel sorry for George Clooney. His people have been shopping around the rights to his wedding, but now that Brad and Angelina have married, I think the well is a little dry for a lot of would-be buyers ... he won't get the price he would have got, say, a month ago."

Maybe that is why Stacy is having a little problem too.

My bet Stacy gets a buyer before Georg. Heheheheheheheheheh!

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 06 Sep 2014, 13:34

This has been talked about in the press here since Brad and Angie's wedding pictures were published. Print media sales are down substantially because of the internet. Lower circulation means fewer advertisers, which means less money for the magazines. A lower budget for them means less to spend on celebrity photos.

The one I feel sorry for is Stacy. If any print outlet wants to publish pictures of George and Amal's wedding they won't waste a penny on a used-to-be celebrity. They'll wait and see if they can make a deal with George - he's much more likely to boost their sales than she is. Maybe she can get some attention after his photos are published, but I don't think she'll get much money.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 06 Sep 2014, 19:26

I've not heard any firework sounds coming across the English Channel from Italy yet !
Mind you it's early yet for fireworks here in Europe, 
coming up to 7.30 PM and not dark. !
And I am a few hundred miles away across a few countries.....still I'm keeping half an ear outside while watching a favourite detective drama series !!

lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by monaco Sat 06 Sep 2014, 19:31

@Joanna - Detective drama or The Ides of March on BBC2?  Decisions, decisions....

monaco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 06 Sep 2014, 20:21

monaco....I have IOM DVD so am safe with 
Lewis tonight ! Can you record one for later ?
Lewis is on recordings.

Enjoy whichever you choose. LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 06 Sep 2014, 21:51

In this house I'm walking between Ides and Federer...........not sitting down a lot!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 06 Sep 2014, 22:41

Cindy was still in Los Angeles on Friday so I'm guessing no wedding today.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by monaco Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:07

Time to be honest.  I'd never seen Ides before Embarassed So I decided to watch.  I didn't realise Jennifer Ehle played George's wife in it.  I remember she played his girlfriend in Michael Clayton but her scenes never made the final cut.  I wonder if he gave her the part in Ides because of that?  Sorry, off topic.

monaco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:35

monaco....I believe I read somewhere that George 
did just that. It's an example of his consideration 
towards his fellow actors.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 06 Sep 2014, 23:42

Jennifer Ehle, always makes me think of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Maybee it is time to watch that DVD again.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 07 Sep 2014, 01:36

Silje wrote:Jennifer Ehle, always makes me think of Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Maybee it is time to watch that DVD again.

It's long, but I love that one.  He puts every other Mr. Darcy to shame IMO.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 07 Sep 2014, 03:36

Ok, I love Mr. Darcy too but did this wedding happen?  I was out all afternoon and away from a computer/news!

Frankly, I'm hoping not cause it's going to be freakin hot tomorrow and head to toe black clothing and hot weather don't go well together!!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 07 Sep 2014, 08:09

Sevens wrote:delete the text you don't need

Thanks Sevens, that was easier than I though!!! cheers

Hug1
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next