George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
 Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis" September 29th in New Orleans.

+9
melbert
Silje
Nicky80
PigPen
LizzyNY
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Sevens
Katiedot
13 posters

Go down

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. Empty Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis" September 29th in New Orleans.

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Aug 2014, 14:31

Not sure this is true . . .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Films in Louisiana are BIG BUSINESS with top names in the industry now that the state is considered the state with the most filming worldwide.

Here is the “225.342.FILM”, which is the official hotline of Louisiana Entertainment. Here’s what’s happening as of the 2nd week in August 2014.

PRE-PRODUCTION

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS

Warner Bros. feature film Our Brand is Crisis starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney is filming September 29th in New Orleans. Please send resumes to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 31 Aug 2014, 00:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title to include film title so that Lorna doesn't get any more confused than she already is and was and probably will be...)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. Empty Re: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis" September 29th in New Orleans.

Post by Sevens Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:02

I think Hail Caesar and Money Monster were officially announced. Not sure about this... who is the director?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. Empty Re: Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis" September 29th in New Orleans.

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:10

The Monster of Florence was also meant to be location scouting in September in Italy.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:15

Yep, hence the possible 'househunting' earlier this year.....

Do we have this?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:51

If Louisiana is like most states, an Intent to Film form, or something similar, has to be filed to start the process of qualifying for tax incentives. That could be the case here; it says they're in "pre-production." Might be just setting up shop and hiring crew or scouting locations. Might not even have a start date for filming yet.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 13 Aug 2014, 15:58

If the wedding date is anywhere near Sept. 20th I don't think George will be at work that soon. Wouldn't they want a little time to themselves before getting back on the treadmill?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:47

Don't think he'll need to be there straightaway........too much preliminary stuff 

Scriptwriter and playwright on this is Brit Peter Strahan, who scripted Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and The Men Who Stare at Goats.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:25

The same scriptwriter as "Men Who Stare at Goats"? Oh lord! That was one weird movie. I hope he brings his A-game to this one.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 14 Aug 2014, 13:48

But this script got in the black list and Soldier,Spy is really good.
One point to agree with you Lizzy, MWSG is probably my least favorite George film except Batman.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Aug 2014, 14:28

Tinker, tailor etc was pretty much incomprehensible to me - had to watch it twice and then just bought the book - although, oddly, I thought it was a fantastic film. MWSAG wasn't that good IMO.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 14 Aug 2014, 23:30

Katiedot wrote:Tinker, tailor etc was pretty much incomprehensible to me - had to watch it twice and then just bought the book - although, oddly, I thought it was a fantastic film.  MWSAG wasn't that good IMO.
It was Grant's first motion picture directorial.  So we need to be kind. If the next one stinks, then we beat him up !!  Laughing

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Aug 2014, 08:58

Looks like this might be real:

Get ready Louisiana! George Clooney, Bryan Cranston, Tom Hiddleston, & Gerard Butler are all headed your way

by Christine on August 14, 2014 · 0 comments

Looking for a fall getaway? Louisiana will be the place to be as the state is getting ready to welcome some big names this fall.

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock are set to begin filming Our Brand Is Crisis, based on the 2005 documentary about the exporting of American political strategies to South America, in New Orleans on September 29.

Gerard Butler will also be filming Geostorm in New Orelans in October. The movie will follow a satellite designer who must head to space to save the world from the potential fallout from a fleet of malfunctioning satellites.

I Saw The Light, starring Tom Hiddleston, is about country music icon Hank Williams and will be shot in Shreveport from October to December.

Finally, Trumbo starring Helen Mirren, Bryan Cranston, Diane Lane, and John Goodman will start filming on Sept. 15 in NOLA.

Thanks, Henway, for the link.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Aug 2014, 09:05

Three projects sorted/announced by Messrs Clooney and Heslov.

So this is what happens when His Nibs 'takes a break'................

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 15 Aug 2014, 09:31

I can't wait when he starts working again  Sofa bounce
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 15 Aug 2014, 23:21

Katiedot wrote:Tinker, tailor etc was pretty much incomprehensible to me - had to watch it twice and then just bought the book - although, oddly, I thought it was a fantastic film.  MWSAG wasn't that good IMO.
I really liked Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I read John LeCarre's book  a long time ago, then I watched the Mini-serie with Alec Guiness and years later I watched the film. That's how you should do it I think. If you go straight to the film it might be difficult to follow the story. But it doesn't say much about the scriptwriter I think, the novell is good but hard to compress into a film. Haven't seen Men Who Stare At Goats and nothing else this writer has done I think so I don't really have an opinion of him.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 17:02

Our Brand Is Crisis  is still not appearing on George official Filmography at IMDB. Project status: In development. Only 2 acors attached to the project,  George and Sandra and she is only rumoured. No director mentioned. Are they really going to start shoting this film in a month?

Found an article about the scriptwriter. I guess George must like this guy since he used him for two films he produced. It doesn't mentioned much about this film. More a background of the scriptwriter if anyone is interested.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:06

The project just got the official greenlight at Warner Brothers, with Bullock starring and David Gordon Green directing.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:21

Way2Old - Any news on when they'll start filming? I know they were looking for crew a week or so ago in New Orleans.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:23

Gosh things are happening qiuck W2O4D. I couldn't find anything online when I wrote my previous post 2 hours ago.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:26

The only thing I've heard is that principal photography is slated 'October,' but that could mean anything from actual shooting to the 1st AD shooting exteriors.

Man, I'd love to get a hold of that revised script...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:46

Way2Old - I wish you could, too. I have my fingers and toes crossed that this is going to be a good one, but Men Who Stare... was so weird... I trust your judgment. If you said the script was good I'd stop worrying - at least about that part of the project.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:55

The script that George and company optioned was good. A little unfocused in spots, but well-written and telling a good story. The kind of thing you would expect from George and Grant.

I'd like to see how they tightened it up and what changes they made (if any) for the lead now being female.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 21:33

Okey, this is really happening.Now they are hiring extras in New Orleans 3 september.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 21:48

They also say filming is set to begin September 29th. They've got their crew, they're hiring extras, filming date is set - You're right - this is finally happening. - Unless they're planning to get married much later than we thought, I'm guessing the wedding is before Sept 29th. (Pretty obvious - not much of a guess Very Happy! )
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 21:53

I don't know Lizzy but he is the producer so he should be there when they start shoting shouldn't he?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 22:26

Silje - I think he probably should be, but he's not the only producer. Grant could take on producing duties if George is otherwise occupied. Way2Old would know more about this than I do. When he'd have to be there to film depends on their shooting schedule of the scenes he's in.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 21 Aug 2014, 22:48

It does seem to be moving awfully fast, considering they just hired the director. Maybe Green knew he was doing it, but only now signed the contract. But usually there's a lot of prep and meetings and some rehearsal, which can take weeks or months.

There is usually a producer on set or at least on location and readily available, but it doesn't have to be the big guns. Most movies have a slew of functionary producers. The big guys manage the big picture issues -- like making sure the director and cast are happy.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Aug 2014, 22:57

His Nibs has obviously been quietly working away.....while 'taking a break'...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 21 Aug 2014, 23:03

Yes, and it so fricking cool to be talking about his upcoming movies again.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Aug 2014, 00:21

Way2Old - AMEN to that! It's about time.  Yeah Right
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 Aug 2014, 03:29

Found a Chinese student who lives in Texas posted a on domestic forum that she is going to do the casting for this project tomorrow and George should be starring in this also cause the recruitment ad says so.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 22 Aug 2014, 03:35

Sandra Bullock - Sandra Bullock To Reunite With George Clooney For Political Film

by WENN | 22 August 2014
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Picture: Sandra Bullock - Madame Tussauds New York will present Sandra Bullock's wax figure on her 50th birthday, July 26th - New York City, New...

Sandra Bullock is set to reunite with her Gravity co-star George Clooney for new film Our Brand is Crisis.

The Oscar-winning actress has signed on to star in the film based on the 2005 documentary of the same name, about the use of American campaign tactics in South America.

Bullock, who has been linked to the project for months, officially signed on for the movie after Pineapple Express director David Gordon Green committed to take on the film, according to Variety.com.

Bullock will also serve as an executive producer, along with Clooney and his producing partner Grant Heslov.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 22 Aug 2014, 05:07

Sandra' s probably spending some 'Gravity' money.

Good for her, getting equity in the project. Way to do it.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 22 Aug 2014, 09:42

Yep, great team. Must have been nattering for months. Dinners at her place for them all?

And brilliant timing -great distraction......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 22 Aug 2014, 11:41

George really never stops working even on vacation.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 30 Aug 2014, 18:56

David Gordon Green was in Venice to present his new movie and, in press conference, said that next month will shoot a movie starring Bullock as actor and George as PRODUCER.
"Ma non voglio nemmeno fermarmi. Il prossimo mese inizierò a girare in Bolivia Our Brand is Crisis, con Sandra Bullock protagonista e George Clooney in qualità di produttore. Dopo tanti film “maschili” sentivo il bisogno di mettere al centro le donne"

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 19:30

Ok so George is not acting in the movie??? I'm confused....or was that clear before and I just have a long blond moment ?????  scratch
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 30 Aug 2014, 20:48

His imdb.com profile lists him as producer and under actor.  His character name is Lee Gates.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 30 Aug 2014, 20:51

Ok thanks for clarifying, that's what I thought but got confused with the above post   Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 30 Aug 2014, 22:15

Lorna - Sorry, hon, wrong movie. Lee Gates is his character in "Money Monster". Sandy Bullock is in "Our Brand Is Crisis". George is listed as producer and actor.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock and George Clooney to start filming "Our Brand Is Crisis"  September 29th in New Orleans. Empty spelling

Post by Silje Sat 30 Aug 2014, 22:26

Our Brand is Crisis is still not on George official IMDb board. Only listed as pre-production.According to this article is unclear if George is going to act in the film or just produce.

Last edited by Silje on Sat 30 Aug 2014, 22:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 30 Aug 2014, 23:52

Bolivia?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 31 Aug 2014, 00:16

Oh hell.  Well if I paid attention to what was being discussed.  I don't know why I thought we the Sandra Bullock film was the monster one.

Oh well....  thanks for clarifying.

*Thinks to herself* - "Perhaps it IS time to make an appointment with the eye doctor again..."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 20:19

Ok so I guess we will just wait and see until we have more details  Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 06 Sep 2014, 09:24

Director talks.

[size=30]David Gordon Green heads to Bolivia[/size]

Our Brand Is Crisis stars Sandra Bullock, who will also executive produce, with the Warner Bros project produced by Smokehouse.

David Gordon Green, whose Manglehorn plays tonight [Sept 6] in Toronto, is gearing up to start shooting his next film Our Brand Is Crisis in three weeks.
Sandra Bullock will star and executive produce. George Clooney and Grant Heslov’s Smokehouse is producing the Warner Bros project.
The film will shoot in October and November before breaking for December and resuming in January.
“It’s about American political consultants in Bolivia.  I just got back from doing some research in Bolivia. It will shoot in New Orleans, Puerto Rico and Bolivia,” Green toldScreen. The film will be partially Spanish language.
The film is based on Rachel Boynton’s 2005 documentaryOur Brand In Crisis.
“I loved it when this came up, it’s a challenging studio movie, I’m up for those kind of efforts. Sandy’s really awesome and wants to make this something distinctive, and once you pull off a Gravity, people let you do something you’re really passionate about. I would love to be the guy that helps big movie stars do stuff like that,” Green says.
He has some experience in that, by recently casting Nicolas Cage in Joe and then Al Pacino in Manglehorn.
Green also recently shot the pilot of Red Oaks for Amazon.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 07 Sep 2014, 23:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicky80: Added text)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down