George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis

2 posters

Go down

Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis Empty Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Aug 2015, 20:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First Look: Sandra Bullock stars in Our Brand Is Crisis

Sandra Bullock stars in Our Brand Is Crisis as political strategist “Calamity” Jane Bodine, a role originally written for her Gravity costar George Clooney. “About two and a half years ago I put out feelers saying, ‘I’m not reading anything I’m excited about,’ ” Bullock says. “ ‘Are there any male roles out there that [the filmmakers] don’t mind switching to female?’ ” 

Clooney and his producing partner Grant Heslov had been developing a drama “suggested by” the 2005 documentary Our Brand Is Crisis, about a group of American political consultants hired by former Bolivian president Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada to help him get reelected. After Bullock reached out to Clooney, they decided to flip the gender of the lead role. That character, Bodine, is “basically a female Karl Rove,” Bullock says. “She’s brilliant at the devious side of politics.”
Anthony Mackie (Avengers: Age of Ultron) and Ann Dowd (St. Vincent) costar as consultants who lure Bodine out of retirement; Billy Bob Thornton plays a rival campaign strategist. “It’s all about the win for them, and probably not for the right reasons,” says Bullock.
The film opens Oct. 30, practically prepping Americans for next year’s presidential election. “Timing was very important with this movie,” says director David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, Joe). “It’s going to start a lot of conversations.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 16 Aug 2015, 15:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis Empty Re: Interview with Sandra Bullock re background to doing Our Brand is Crisis

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Aug 2015, 20:53

This is great. What a smart move on George's part. And for his dear friend. Sandra does terrific work so I expect no less from her this time around.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down