George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

+9
Carla97
Mazy
silly girl
party animal - not!
theminis
Way2Old4Dis
pattygirl
watching
Katiedot
13 posters

Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Our brand is crisis - Sandra Bullock replacing George Clooney?

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Jun 2011, 19:01

This film has been in the works forever and ever it seems.  Ok, since 2007.  It's still on the list of future Clooney films, with a projected opening in 2013 so who knows?  

It's a  comedy  / drama  feature film based on the documentary "Our Brand Is Crisis", which focuses on the use of American political campaign strategies in South America.

George is credited as both writer and the star, produced by Grant Heslov.   I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume George may be directing this too.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Re: Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

Post by watching Tue 04 Oct 2011, 13:22

From thefilmstage.com

Besides the upcoming The Ides of March, director/star George Clooney and writer/producer Grant Heslov‘s company, Smoke House, has an interesting mixed bag of projects in their pipeline. The Playlist sat down with the latter to go over their current slate, which will most likely see Our Brand Is Crisis coming next.

Based on Rachel Boynton‘s documentary chronicling the involvement of James Carville‘s political consulting firm in the 2002 Bolivian presidential election. Heslov says that this is the project most likely on deck:

"It’s something that we’re probably going to put up next. It’s at Warner Bros. and I’m just trying to figure out who’s going to direct. We’re going to make that one. It’s a really great script. For Smoke House, I would say ‘Our Brand is Crisis’ [is next]. We’ll definitely be producers on it, but what other role we would play I don’t know at this point. Right now it’s just a great script.”

If Heslov and Clooney go the way of their underrated The Men Who Stare At Goats, Crisis should end up in entertaining dark comedy territory.

The other Smoke House projects on the horizon are no less interesting. Heslov is producing Ben Affleck‘s currently-shooting third directorial effort, Argo, which is based on the true story of how the C.I.A. tried to rescue a group of diplomats from Tehran following the 1979 Iranian Revolution while under the guise of a Hollywood film crew in Iran to shoot a sci-fi flick. And how’s that one going?

“It’s going great. We’re on the set, it’s an amazing story. Some of the people who were the hostages that actually escaped the embassy were visiting us today; some of the people the story is based on. I’m on set every day unless I have to go do a press day for “‘Ides.’”

He’s also got the Aaron Sorkin-scripted Hamdan vs. Rumsfeld, which is about Osama Bin Laden‘s chauffeur and how his incarceration in Guantanamo Bay (and subsequent lawsuit) exposed the inhumane conditions at the penitentiary. Clooney was apparently set to both direct and play the role of Hamdan’s slick lawyer, Charles Swift, but Matt Damon may be taking the role instead. The project is now hung up in some stage of development.

We heard earlier this year that Clooney would lead Monster of Florence, playing David Preston (whose book is the basis for the film), a writer who teams with local crime reporter Mario Spezi and attempts to solve a 30-year-old murder mystery that’s been haunting Florence, Italy. Originally a Tom Cruise-starrer, the current incarnation of the project is being written by Christopher McQuarrie, with Heslov saying that he’s “just waiting on a draft.”

These all sound pretty good, but I’m looking forward to Argo and Monster of Florence for real meat.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Re: Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

Post by pattygirl Tue 04 Oct 2011, 14:27

Read Monster of Florence. Great book, would make a truly suspenseful movie.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 09 Oct 2011, 18:14

More about this from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our Brand is Crisis

In Movie Theaters: TBA, 2012

Producer: George Clooney

Screenwriter: Peter Straughan

Starring: tba

Produced by: Smoke House Pictures

Genres: Drama Political

Synopsis: The original documentary was a behind-the-scenes look at the Bolivian presidential election of 2002, when candidate Gonzalo Sanchez de Lozada (aka Goni) hired James Carville's Washington-based political consulting firm Greenberg Quinlan Rosner to help him win. Goni's poll numbers were dismal, with Bolivians accusing him of being too closely aligned with U.S. interests. Employing the same tactics they do in the U.S., Carville -- who himself flew in -- and his team used focus groups, sloganeering and smear tactics. Goni won by a narrow margin, but the work had only just begun for Carville's team. Bolivia descended into crisis under Goni's rule, and he was ultimately forced to resign.

Additional Notes: Based on Rachel Boynton's political documentary. Screenwriter Peter Straughan will adapt the story, reimagining the original -- about the dangers of "exporting" American democracy -- as a dark comedy. George Clooney may possibly direct and/or star (05/25/07).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 22 Jul 2012, 02:02

I've read Straughan's script. It's good, but unfocused. I would guess the project is still in development because the script needed a lot of work, IMO, and it looks like Clooney and Heslov have their hands full with a gazillion other things. But it's a great story -- something you can count on with this team.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Our Brand in Crisis (new movie) George Clooney mention

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:19

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

{TB EXCLUSIVE} Sandra Bullock Replaces George Clooney In “Our Brand Is Crisis”

November 26, 2013

By: James Silverwolfe

The long gestating political comedy OUR BRAND IS CRISIS is slowly building some steam. Based on the 2005 documentary by Rachel Boynton, the story follows a political consultant who goes to South America to help with the local election and realizes how corrupt it really is.

George Clooney was previously attached to star but it appears he’s passed the mantle onto his “Gravity” buddy Sandra Bullock, which means the role will be changed to a female lead. The first thing that comes to my mind is “Veep” and if the movie has even the tiniest bit of charm that comedy has, than we’ll be in business. I wouldn’t be surprised if Clooney ended up playing a small role though.

Peter Straughan (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy”) wrote the script that Clooney and Grant Heslov will produce. No director has been set at this time.

From “The Heat” to “Gravity”, it’s been a pretty great year to be Bullock. She’s currently doing voice work for the upcoming “Despicable Me” spin-off “Minions.”

She is repped by CAA.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:32

Great find, Themi. Thank you!

My goodness, those boys at Smokehouse are certainly working hard........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:40

They seem to be amping up their producing....I think it sounds interesting....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:43

Mm, I'd love to know where they are with 'Enron'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 00:55

They sure thrive on being busy don't they? I agree SG it does sound like a very interesting concept.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Nov 2013, 03:08

Yay, movement! I'm just moving this to the thread we have about this film.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Nov 2013, 05:27

Sorry Katie, I did a search but couldn't locate the correct thread
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 27 Nov 2013, 06:46

No worries - the search feature on this site is rubbish.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 08 Dec 2013, 19:31

I would love love love to read the revision of the original screenplay.

Tracking it down just made my to-do list...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 08 Dec 2013, 19:57

I have a list of about 15 possible future projects but this one I don't have. Must be slipping how I missed it. Must up date. Thanks xxx
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 Dec 2013, 04:05

For some reason this story is making the websites again today.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 12 Dec 2013, 07:33

well, I like the name of it " Our Brand is crises". Good name.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

Post by Mazy Thu 20 Feb 2014, 03:40

I forgot where to put future possibilities, CRS. Please move.

b]Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’[/b]
December 11, 2013

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Looks like Sandra Bullock isn’t sick of her friend George Clooney just yet. The two, who co-starred in the sci-fi flick Gravity, will be working together once again in some capacity. Bullock, who was just nominated for a SAG award this morning for her role in Gravity, is in early talks to star in Our Brand Is Crisis, and Clooney is set to act as co-producer with collaborator Grant Heslov.

Back in 2011, Heslov said to indieWIRE that the project was at Warner Bros. and the director was still up for discussion, with a script already locked. Back then, Heslov predicted that it was the next film for he and Clooney to go after, but then the Academy Award winning Argo came along, and that got put on hold.

Now it seems like the two are finally ready to get Our Brand is Crisis up off the ground, and Bullock’s presence will certainly help that. The dark comedy is said to be written by Peter Straughan, who penned The Men Who Stare at Goats, which featured Clooney. The new Sandra Bullock film is said to be based on a 2005 documentary about James Carville’s consulting firm within the 2002 Bolivian presidential race. So far, it’s not yet known whether or not Clooney will take on the role of James Carville — but it would make sense if he did.

As for Sandra’s role, details have not been made available but we’re sure since Bullock has some major star power it will be a starring role, or at least a role that will put her in a lead role opposite whomever plays Carville.

As it stands, the last ensemble film she participated in was Paul Haggis’ 2004 film Crash.

This year, Sandra Bullock has emerged out of a pretty quiet life following her divorce from Jesse James, and is getting a ton of critics’ attention for her role in Gravity. If this is evidence of where she’s heading from here, then it looks like the sky is the limit.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Feb 2014, 03:48

LOL! Moving this to the films thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 20 Feb 2014, 08:39

We had a thread set up for this already (will merge)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 20 Feb 2014, 14:34

They could have altered the script to make the more idealistic political operative a woman.

I think Stanley Tucci would make a great 'Carville' character...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role in George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’ Empty Sandra Bullock Nabs Role In George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

Post by Mazy Sun 06 Apr 2014, 03:55

This is the one that Sandra B is gong to make.

Sandra Bullock Nabs Role In George Clooney’s ‘Our Brand Is Crisis’

December 11, 2013

Looks like Sandra Bullock isn’t sick of her friend George Clooney just yet. The two, who co-starred in the sci-fi flick Gravity, will be working together once again in some capacity. Bullock, who was just nominated for a SAG award this morning for her role in Gravity, is in early talks to star in Our Brand Is Crisis, and Clooney is set to act as co-producer with collaborator Grant Heslov.

Back in 2011, Heslov said to indieWIRE that the project was at Warner Bros. and the director was still up for discussion, with a script already locked. Back then, Heslov predicted that it was the next film for he and Clooney to go after, but then the Academy Award winning Argo came along, and that got put on hold.

Now it seems like the two are finally ready to get Our Brand is Crisis up off the ground, and Bullock’s presence will certainly help that. The dark comedy is said to be written by Peter Straughan, who penned The Men Who Stare at Goats, which featured Clooney. The new Sandra Bullock film is said to be based on a 2005 documentary about James Carville’s consulting firm within the 2002 Bolivian presidential race. So far, it’s not yet known whether or not Clooney will take on the role of James Carville — but it would make sense if he did.

As for Sandra’s role, details have not been made available but we’re sure since Bullock has some major star power it will be a starring role, or at least a role that will put her in a lead role opposite whomever plays Carville.
As it stands, the last ensemble film she participated in was Paul Haggis’ 2004 film Crash.

This year, Sandra Bullock has emerged out of a pretty quiet life following her divorce from Jesse James, and is getting a ton of critics’ attention for her role in Gravity. If this is evidence of where she’s heading from here, then it looks like the sky is the limit.

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 06 Apr 2014, 09:34

Yay.....good news !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 06 Apr 2014, 09:53

Yep. He's certainly back at work!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 06 Apr 2014, 11:45

Thanks Mazy, I just merged it with the existing thread. Thanks for the find.

Wonder when they really start working on it. It will be exiting year to see what is to come  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Aug 2014, 14:26

He's going to be a busy boy this year, isn't he?

Films in Louisiana are BIG BUSINESS with top names in the industry now that the state is considered the state with the most filming worldwide.

Here is the “225.342.FILM”, which is the official hotline of Louisiana Entertainment. Here’s what’s happening as of the 2nd week in August 2014.

PRE-PRODUCTION

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS

Warner Bros. feature film Our Brand is Crisis starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney is filming September 29th in New Orleans. Please send resumes to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 13 Aug 2014, 17:30

Really already starting the end of September.... Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 13 Aug 2014, 18:10

I really really hope that George will be onscreen again with his good mate Sandy !!

Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 13 Aug 2014, 21:00

Getting confused again... all this work requires alot of his attention.  What is this doing to the wedding time table?  Wedding, honeymoon, rush back to get ready for projects?  That's a great deal of multitasking.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 22 Aug 2014, 02:17

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down