George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

+21
sparkie
PigPen
melbert
monaco
theminis
Missa
Cece42
Silje
premiere
Joanna
fava
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
Way2Old4Dis
The next mrs clooney
Katiedot
/
Picachu
Sevens
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:05

Silje wrote:The point PP is that I proved to W2O4D that I read that people compared Amal to Jackie O. But being on a cell and having tecnical difficulties it took me half the afternoon to gatter enough evidence to prove my case.

Smile

Sorry you went to all that trouble. I was being facetious. My point was that the comparison is ridiculous.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  - Page 3 Empty Re: Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

Post by PigPen Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:24

PigPen wrote:
Katiedot wrote:I was kind of hoping it wouldn't show up anywhere (other than paparazzi shots which even George's security probably aren't going to be able to stop).

But I guess I can just take my high horse and ride it off into the sunset as George has already done the vulgar celebrity multiple-carat engagement ring, so why not follow it up with a show wedding full of fake friends, lovingly photographed for a ten-page spread in the highest-paying magazine?

Sorry, I'm just so disappointed in him right now.
 Yeah Right  In total agreement, Katie dot.  Terribly disappointed, but not surprised, I'm afraid.

Maybe this is the real George, that's been there all along.  Someone on the thread ( too lazy to scroll) said he has hidden behind charity when he makes a bit of a goof ( the coffee commercials, etc).  Maybe the publicity lady of negotiable affection is part of George Timothy Clooney. Didn't get where he is by chance, luck and talent.  Calculation really pays a major role in becoming and maintaining fame.   The engagement esp.  Don't agree it was to maintain privacy, People spread was part of keeping this under control.  Never bought that concept.  It was all calculated PR.  Allegedly, the day it was "announced" the internet nearly crashed from people logging on.

Not saying he's a terrible person, or a Kardashian.  But he's Hollywood. And can do the vulgar "it's all about me" bit as well as the best of them.

sigh  Crying or Very sad 
George manipulating the press for his own needs is nothing new.  Always hiding behind the statement, paraphrased.. "I don't discuss my private life."   Anyone recall this cover shot ( definitely posed, along with so many others).  It's always been there.  Perhaps we didn't want to see it, or minimalized it. The intro of a new love, etc.  Always been there.

So, in conclusion, how George plans his wedding, promotes his wedding or sells his wedding...try not to put too much energy into it.  It's going to happen exactly how he plans it, and then can scream how the press invaded his privacy.
  Pour yourselves a lovely cup of tea, put your feet up and enjoy your lunch time .  ( here at least 1:30PM )
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:25

Darn you always use  difficult words. I had to look up facetious. Smile

Even if the comparison is ridiculous it could explain why Vogue could be interested in Amal. Someone even started a Blog about her cloth style.  GC, with Kennedy photos hanging from the wall in his house,  might be flattered by the fact that his wife to be is compared to Jackie. My guess is GC likes to show off his woman a bit
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 11 Aug 2014, 18:25

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Silje wrote:The point PP is that I proved to W2O4D that I read that people compared Amal to Jackie O. But being on a cell and having tecnical difficulties it took me half the afternoon to gatter enough evidence to prove my case.

Smile

Sorry you went to all that trouble. I was being facetious. My point was that the comparison is ridiculous.
 Yeah Right

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Mon 11 Aug 2014, 21:30

If she's that special, it will become apparent. If not, and George has to "sell" her,
that will also be obvious and his attempts will do harm than good.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 11 Aug 2014, 23:38

Silje wrote:Darn you always use  difficult words. I had to look up facetious. Smile

Even if the comparison is ridiculous it could explain why Vogue could be interested in Amal. Someone even started a Blog about her cloth style.  GC, with Kennedy photos hanging from the wall in his house,  might be flattered by the fact that his wife to be is compared to Jackie. My guess is GC likes to show off his woman a bit

Yea Way2 tone down the big words damnit! I might learn something here.

But seriously Silje - I often have to look up words, just to remember how to spell them! I tell ya, this auto correct sucks the big wienie!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 11 Aug 2014, 23:57

I don't have auto correct on my cell Lorna and being a foreigner I'm struggling to keep up with ordinary English. Smile
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 12 Aug 2014, 01:17

The photos with Elisabetta are photoshopped..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Sep 2014, 12:39

Milan Fashion Week is over.......next stop for Anna Wintour and fellow scribes Paris. Starts tomorrow

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 22 Sep 2014, 14:09

I'm not buying this is bull Page six is just a gossip page in the post that masquerades as a newspaper.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 22 Sep 2014, 21:17

You know if the pictures will be in Vogue then I wouldn't be surprised if she does show up to the wedding as this is tje big deal wedding of the year!  Don't let Brad and Jolie fool you - there's was anticlimatic.  But George getting married, now that's epic!

Can you imagine though, sour puss face Wintour (yes that's how I see Anna since I NEVER see her smiling) sitting in the front row of his wedding scowling?

LMAO just at the thought of it.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Sep 2014, 21:24

Lorna - IMO, if she's there it will be more to oversee the shoot - not really a guest - more like the hired help. Still, it's better than nothing. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 22 Sep 2014, 21:26

LizzyNY wrote:Lorna - IMO, if she's there it will be more to oversee the shoot - not really a guest - more like the hired help. Still, it's better than nothing. Very Happy

Well you got that right "better than nothing" cause that's what I got NUTHIN in the way of an invite!  Humph!

brahahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Sep 2014, 22:05

Sorry, Kiddo! Looks like we're all in the same boat. Crying or Very sad Break out the booze and toast the happy couple - just to show there are no hard feelings. Drink 3
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3