George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

+21
sparkie
PigPen
melbert
monaco
theminis
Missa
Cece42
Silje
premiere
Joanna
fava
LizzyNY
Alisonfan
Way2Old4Dis
The next mrs clooney
Katiedot
/
Picachu
Sevens
LornaDoone
party animal - not!
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  Empty Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 02:52

She's a close friend of rumoured wedding dress designer Oscar de la Renta

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anna Wintour is featuring George Clooney’s wedding in Vogue

Anna Wintour will be one of the select guests invited to the nuptials of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddinin Italy next month.
Sources said the Vogue editor-in-chief will be attending the Clooney wedding, even though it is expected to take place during the throes of the European fashion shows in late September.
We’re also told the Clooney/Alamuddin wedding will be featured in an upcoming issue of the Condé Nast fashion bible. “She wouldn’t go there and not cover it,” our source tells us.
Alamuddin, we’re told, is expected to wear a gown designed by Wintour’s close friend Oscar de la Renta. A source explained that not only would Wintour want to feature the beautiful Lebanese lawyer in her wedding gown, “she and Oscar are such good friends and [she’d] want to give him some attention.”
On Thursday, WWD reported the groom will wear Armani to get hitched, and that an entire team of designers flew to Clooney’s home in Laglio, Italy, to do fittings with the star and male attendants in his wedding party.
The superstar actor, 53, and his lawyer bride, 36, this week took their first official steps to walking down the aisle by paying a visit to the historic Chelsea Old Town Hall in London to have their wedding banns posted. The banns is a legal notice of their intention to tie the knot, which, according to tradition, must be displayed in public for 16 days before a couple can wed.
Clooney and Alamuddin are said to be having a small and intimate ceremony, but will have several parties before and after. “They’re going to have top security, but include a really small group. Very intimate, and mostly family,” our source said.
Last week, Clooney pal Ellen Barkin threw a “hen party” for Alamuddin and her friends and family at Barkin’s West 12th Street apartment.
Clooney popped the question to Alamuddin in April after seven months of dating, with an engagement ring worth a whopping $750,000.
A Vogue rep declined to comment, while Clooney’s rep didn’t comment.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 08:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicjy80: added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  Empty Re: Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

Post by LornaDoone Fri 08 Aug 2014, 03:05

So the wedding will be featured in Vogue.  Fascinating. 

But I'll bet the spread will be gorgeously photographed.

And I'm sure People Magazine is gagging that they're not getting the exclusive!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.  Empty Re: Anna Wintour to be at Wedding? Page Six report.

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 03:25

People Magazine has gotten the exclusive coverage on the engagement. It's Vogue's turn. Maybe a joint interview?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 03:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Or 12?

Nr7

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nr 12

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 08 Aug 2014, 08:24; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 08 Aug 2014, 05:40

No 7  definate.y, that dress would really suit her
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by / Fri 08 Aug 2014, 10:47

Fascinating rumour. And hopefully it's true!

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:55

I'd be so disappointed if it turned out to be true. He might as well change his name to George Cloodashian.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 08 Aug 2014, 11:58

Katiedot wrote:I'd be so disappointed if it turned out to be true.  He might as well change his name to George Cloodashian.
ah but Kardashian couldn't get her wedding into vogue as much as she tried!  George would actually be trumping the kartrashians LOL.  To be honest I would rather see it in Vogue than in people magazine and you know its going to show up somewhere.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:10

I was kind of hoping it wouldn't show up anywhere (other than paparazzi shots which even George's security probably aren't going to be able to stop).

But I guess I can just take my high horse and ride it off into the sunset as George has already done the vulgar celebrity multiple-carat engagement ring, so why not follow it up with a show wedding full of fake friends, lovingly photographed for a ten-page spread in the highest-paying magazine?

Sorry, I'm just so disappointed in him right now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:15

I'm not so sure there'll be shots of the service, Katie. 

Maybe Vogue made him an offer he couldn't refuse - vast payment to SSP - and if they get Testino to do beautiful party shots, then he's killing two birds with one stone.

An exclusive. And classy. Very, very classy.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:34

This is all based on the premise that Wintaur wouldn't attend without covering it, and even that she's invited. Maybe neither is true.

But if it is, I have to say it would kind of disappoint me, too. I mean, I would understand it, but I wouldn't like it. It just feels tacky, even if it is Vanity Fair. Some things, like your "intimate, small wedding," should just be private. Pimping out the most important day of your life (presumably) is tawdry, I don't care what the cause. If there's a frenzy for pictures, so be it. Deal with it. It's not like nobody knew it would be coming.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:39

And no amount of money donated to his satellite fund will dress it up any other way for me. Let's call it what it is: famewhoring.

But yes, I have a hard time seeing Anna Wintour give up the fashion shows (even if it's just one day) for this. And I really don't think Oscar de la Renta (if he even is the dress designer) has the right to invite someone else to the wedding - who even knows if he'd be there?

I think the media are so used to d-list celeb weddings that they've forgotten how genuine stars live their lives. I hope so, anyway.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:41

Katiedot wrote:I'd be so disappointed if it turned out to be true.  He might as well change his name to George Cloodashian.

I'm with you Katie, so many of George's fan were ppl who admired his acting but loved MORE his use of "celebrity" as a tool for good in the world, myself included.
I know this board is as busy as usual, but certain names are missing, the strongest ppl who promoted George's causes are falling.  Fans come and go, as he moves forward with this marriage, it appears he wants to court a "new form of celebrity", and thats fine too(and the fans of that).  Kardashian celebrity does appear to gather more traction than any other form these days, so publicity-wise he is way ahead of the celebrity pack. 
A solemn and life changing experience is being turned into a celebrity circus, with pay per seat, never met before "friends".   Please, oh please don't say he will donate fee to SSP.  I think by now we all know the real currency of this operation.
I just never imagined it was all just for PR.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:47

The shoots that vogue usually does are editorials and wouldn't be of the actual event, more posed shots of the couple in their wedding fineries.  I would highly doubt it would include shots of them exchanging vows etc as its not what they usually do.  But for all we know this is just another rumour like them getting married at Downton Abbey.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:54

The next mrs clooney wrote:The shoots that vogue usually does are editorials and wouldn't be of the actual event, more posed shots of the couple in their wedding fineries.  I would highly doubt it would include shots of them exchanging vows etc as its not what they usually do.  But for all we know this is just another rumour like them getting married at Downton Abbey.

Yep, that's exactly what Vogue did with Kim and Kanya, why not Amal and George. All dressed up!
As I said, disappointing to say the least.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Aug 2014, 12:55

Couldn't agree more with Katie and Way2Old. It's in all the media reports that he's having a "small, intimate" wedding and that he said there won't be photos all over the press.

How "intimate" is it if you invite someone because they're friends with the guy who designed Amal's dress? That's a business deal! And a photo spread in Vogue? Yeah, that's keeping your wedding private. The only winner there is Anna Wintour and her boosted circulation.

If this story is true, I can't help but wonder at the motivation for such hypocrisy. It seems so at odds with everything he's always said about keeping his private life private. Maybe the influence of Amal or her family? Maybe an attempt to establish her as a celebrity in her own right? Whatever it is, it's really disappointing to see him change so much - or maybe he was never who we thought he was. Sad 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 13:17

Question, folks: Was Anna Wintour there when these two met? Possibility?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 13:23

I dont know but it seems to me they have to hire someone professional to do the shoot and the recording. Then they maybe pick some of the photos to print.
I don't know if they consider it private, but in our country, the wedding is probably the only big happy news every couple even the family want to share with the whole world, including the total strangers. Recently two of my classmates' friends(we're from the same college but I don't know them)got married and their wedding photos are on social media everywhere.So George's case may be the same case, that he wants to share the happy news with his fans. If you don't follow him, then the shots wouldn't interest you. I'm sure he doesn't need the money and will be happy with whatever photos he offers(or no photos at all).
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 08 Aug 2014, 13:26

So hope this is not true for all the same reasons that other posters have articulated above.  I would be very disappointed in George.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 08 Aug 2014, 15:53

Lainey's take on it........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:08

party animal - not! wrote:Lainey's take on it........

Amal & George: wedding guests, wedding dress
August 8, 2014
Posted at 3:24 PM

Posted by Lainey
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on email More Sharing Services
Tags:
Amal Alamuddin
Anna Wintour
BFFs
George Clooney
StratEgery
Wedding Smut
Photos:
Keystone
Page Six reported last night that Anna Wintour has been invited to Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney’s wedding. Not because they’re all that tight, but because Oscar de la Renta is designing Amal’s dress. And Anna and Oscar are tight. And Anna will be featuring the event in VOGUE. Does that still count as a “small and intimate” affair? When people you don’t really know are coming to cover it in a magazine? Serious question. I want to know where you stand on that.

As for what George is wearing, no surprise, it’ll be Armani. He’s been friends with Mr Armani for a long time. Mr Armani has seen him through many women. So not only is Mr Armani dressing the groom, he’s also doing the attendants.

It’ll be a party for days, as it should be. There will be parties before, they’ll continue to party after, and everyone will try to drink away their disbelief: that George Clooney is actually getting married…?!?!?

Same year as Kanye West. Same country as Kanye West. Same magazine as Kanye West?

Ummmmm......who's Kanye West ? Sounds like a brand of tinned Salmon. LOL.

With regard to the "small & intimate wedding" remark.
Many people here in UK have just that for the serious ceremony, whatever form it takes.
Afterwards they invite "everyone" to celebrate, usually during the evening.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:15

People are acting like this is true and can be proven. I think by the time of the wedding, Prince William and Kate, Mr. and Mrs. Obama, and the Pope will also be rumored to be coming to the wedding.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:25

premiere wrote:People are acting like this is true and can be proven. I think by the time of the wedding, Prince William and Kate, Mr. and Mrs. Obama, and the Pope will also be rumored to be coming to the wedding.

You've forgotten "Uncle Tom Cobly and All"

Group 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 08 Aug 2014, 16:25

Kanye West is a famous singer in the US and the husband of Kim Kadaishan. I dont quite know him or Kim well so whatever their wedding was about never bothered me, cause I dont read those news.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Aug 2014, 20:24

Sevens - Keep ignoring Kanye West and the Kardashians. They're not worth the time it takes to read/watch anything about them. If they ever did anything worthwhile we'd all die of shock.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 08 Aug 2014, 20:44

Thanks for the info Sevens & Lizzy.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 08 Aug 2014, 21:17

She probably want a big fat Lebanese wedding.This is a high maintance woman who will fit in perfectly in Beverly Hills or anywhere with the rich and famous.I think George like the celebrity life style more then he is letting on and now he got a wife who is going to make the most of it.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 08 Aug 2014, 22:38

Silje wrote:She probably want a big fat Lebanese wedding.This is a high maintance woman who will fit in perfectly in Beverly Hills or anywhere with the rich and famous.I think George like the celebrity life style more then he is letting on and now he got a wife who is going to make the most of it.

If this is true --why blame Amal?  George is not a helpless passenger on this ride.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Fri 08 Aug 2014, 23:00

George like the celebrity life style and now he found a wife who likes it too. So of course this is going to be a celebrity wedding.

But I think George also likes a more simple lifestyle and I wish he would have found a woman who could have brought more of that side out of him. I wish he would have married secretly and privately with a simple, down-to -earth kind of gal.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 23:34

Silje wrote:George like the celebrity life style and now he found a wife who likes it too. So of course this is going to be a celebrity wedding.

But I think George also likes a more simple lifestyle and I wish he would have found a woman who could have brought more of that side out of him. I wish he would have married secretly and privately with a simple, down-to -earth kind of gal.
I agree, his family seems very down to earth, I was hoping he would take after them.  On the other hand Amal and her family seem like they love all this limelight.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 09 Aug 2014, 00:41

It would be very disappointing if true.  And frankly, I'm a little sick of George hiding behind charity work every time he gets called out for a bad decision. That was his excuse for continuing to work for Nestle, and now the SSP has become his catch-all reason for selling his personal life.  And contrary to what he's always SAID about protecting his privacy, his actions have always told a different story. It's not so much that he doesn't want information about his personal life out there, he just wants to control every bit of it that's released.

It's funny, but it seems like there are some posters here for whom George could never do wrong. He could murder a family of four and bury them under the dock, and some people would be like, "Well, is it possible they said his satellite was stupid?  Amal and her family probably talked him into it, you know how they'd love for him to go to jail so they could have Como to themselves!"  Wink
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:00

Definitely not a fan of the notion that everything is for sale, have more respect for the celebrities A to D Listers who have instagrammed the first pic of their new Bub or their Wedding Day.

The first time it left a sour taste in my mouth was when Brad/Angelina sold out the birth of their first biological child for all those squillions.  Charity or not, it just left me feeling uneasy.

I have someone in my life who has been nagging me for nearly 8 years to allow her company to photograph my children, put together a portfolio, she even hired one of them to appear in a Bonds commercial, but at the last minute I pulled the plug on the whole thing. Maybe in the end, Im the idiot as each catalogue/commercial/billboard pays anywhere from $500.00 to $5000.00 but this feeling that I was selling out my kids wouldn't leave my brain so Im okay with my decision.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:17

In my experience, it seems whenever there's a wedding around, whether a friend or a family member, there's always someone who wants to take a negative attitude towards it either before, during or afterwards.

I've even witnessed a physical attack by one female guest on another at the after wedding celebration. Someone then drily commented "It always kicks off at a wedding !" LOL.
I often wonder why that is. Maybe someone here has an answer. But I know that's a silly comment because I realise there must be many answers.
To me the type of wedding a couple choose is such a personal thing and as such should be accepted and respected.
I think a wedding is a public statement of a couple's commitment to each other and should be a reason to cheer about, not sneer about.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:32

I think some of us are losing sight of the fact that being in the public eye is a major part of George's career. To be successful he has to be famous. IMO it's part of his job. He probably sees most things in the light of how it will affect his public image - not so much because he's "calculating" or "controlling", but because it's how he created his success and it's probably second nature to him by now because he's been doing it so long.

A lot of us wouldn't use the media the way he does (and a lot of other celebrities do), but then a lot of us wouldn't choose a career that demanded we live our lives under public scrutiny.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:42

Weddings are a reason to cheer but we are not talking about your average wedding, we are talking about George Clooneys wedding, and from what I surmise from above comments including my own, that the usually (my private life is not for sale George Clooney) seems to be doing just that, if indeed the Page 6 report is accurate. 

So Im not being negative, merely commenting on what the media is putting out there.

Re things always kicking off at weddings, well if you put 100 people in a room, especially when most are related then there is usually one drama or another, though at my Wedding of 130 people, not one incident, best reception Ive ever been too!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:50

Missa wrote:It would be very disappointing if true.  And frankly, I'm a little sick of George hiding behind charity work every time he gets called out for a bad decision. That was his excuse for continuing to work for Nestle, and now the SSP has become his catch-all reason for selling his personal life.  And contrary to what he's always SAID about protecting his privacy, his actions have always told a different story. It's not so much that he doesn't want information about his personal life out there, he just wants to control every bit of it that's released.

It's funny, but it seems like there are some posters here for whom George could never do wrong. He could murder a family of four and bury them under the dock, and some people would be like, "Well, is it possible they said his satellite was stupid?  Amal and her family probably talked him into it, you know how they'd love for him to go to jail so they could have Como to themselves!"  Wink
Gee do you think Amal would represent him like the murderers and rapists she has as clients.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by monaco Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:54

Joanna - I agree.  I'm sure it will be the wedding they both want and if it turns out to be a Cloondashian type one then so be it Very Happy 

I still think it will all be done quietly and we'll get snippets of gossip about the big day in the press - I wouldn't be at all surprised if it takes place in the next few weeks or even this weekend.

Like many posters, I would like to think they wouldn't sell out to a magazine, but I'm such a hypocrite.  Although I feel selling your wedding photos to a glossy is tacky, I still want to see some pictures!

monaco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 09 Aug 2014, 01:57

You know, I think we all need to wait and see what happens before judging.

I think the ceremony will be incredibly private, and if Ms Wintour is at anything, it will be at one of several parties..........and may publish a feature for, say, the Christmas edition........Villa d'Este for the bunfights maybe.......or lots of different venues e g nyc, beirut, la........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 02:09

Hang on Party Animal - judging is what we all do best on this site!!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 09 Aug 2014, 02:28

LizzyNY wrote:Sevens - Keep ignoring Kanye West and the Kardashians. They're not worth the time it takes to read/watch anything about them. If they ever did anything worthwhile we'd all die of shock.
But someone told me Kanye is a more successful singer than George as an actor...I dont know but it seems his marriage hasn't affected his image?
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 02:40

Sevens - Kanye West has the image of an egotistical, control freak, nut job. His marriage hasn't improved his image any. If he's a more successful singer than George is an actor it's because music is cheaper to produce and sell than a movie - and because his audience doesn't have to think about him - they just listen to a song, then forget it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 09 Aug 2014, 03:05

Missa wrote:It would be very disappointing if true.  And frankly, I'm a little sick of George hiding behind charity work every time he gets called out for a bad decision. That was his excuse for continuing to work for Nestle, and now the SSP has become his catch-all reason for selling his personal life.  And contrary to what he's always SAID about protecting his privacy, his actions have always told a different story. It's not so much that he doesn't want information about his personal life out there, he just wants to control every bit of it that's released.

It's funny, but it seems like there are some posters here for whom George could never do wrong. He could murder a family of four and bury them under the dock, and some people would be like, "Well, is it possible they said his satellite was stupid?  Amal and her family probably talked him into it, you know how they'd love for him to go to jail so they could have Como to themselves!" 

Good points.  I've had a little concern about him shilling alcohol to support SSP.  Couldn't he come up with something else?  Something that is not a money maker for Rande (correct me if I am wrong but Rande is not donating his profits?)  Something no so associated with partying and the good life of celebrities living in Cabo.... Nothing against drinking--I love a nice tequila.  Just crossed my mind.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 09 Aug 2014, 04:17

Cece42 wrote:

Gee do you think Amal would represent him like the murderers and rapists she has as clients.

Well, we have yet to see Amal set foot in a courtroom of any kind, so I'm not sure how much actual defending she does of anyone.  I know a lot of the type of law she practices goes on more in conference rooms than courts, but still: girlfriend spends A LOT of time out of the office.  I'm not taking anything away from her intelligence or success in her career, but I'm starting to get the feeling that George's roll-out machine may have overstated her significance within her own firm.  I'm sure she's a perfectly good lawyer who's on the rise, but the whole "She's an international human rights lawyer who's worked on every significant case you've heard of in the last five years!" seems to have been a bit of an overstatement?  Maybe Stan's peeps are so used to going overboard to whitewash the girls they couldn't tell it wasn't really necessary in this case?

I also think that if she were really taking such awful positions, it would have come up in the press coverage by now?  There are enough people in the media who dislike George (A.K.A, Rupert Murdoch's entire media empire), that I would think by now there'd be a widespread "His fiancée defends rapists and murderers!" story, if that were accurate.  Heck, I expect it from them even if it's inaccurate.  But instead, radio silence.  Curious.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 09 Aug 2014, 04:28

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

If there were NO pictures how many here would be whining that "we didn't get to see her dress."  "What? No pictures of George in his tux?"  "Who were his groomsmen and where are their pictures?"  "What did Nina wear?  What did Nick wear?  What did her bridesmaids wear?"  "Who were the bridesmaids?"

We are a media obsessed lot where instant video and rapid fire photographs are not only the norm but the expectation.

If there were no pictures there would some on here that would be absolutely convinced that the wedding never happened.  That it all was a media ploy for more press.

The nature of the beast is that WE are the reason George is in the public eye.  WE want to see his pictures.

To complain then that he's selling out by having what is considered a high fashion magazine (not a tabloid rag) posting most likely high quality photographs instead of blurry pap shots from 2 miles away because THAT'S WHAT WE THE FANS WANT is a bit hypocritical don't you think?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 09 Aug 2014, 04:38

Sure, but isn't he being hypocritical as well?  When it comes to privacy, he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If he wants to do a full 12 page spread in Vogue or In Touch, frankly, I don't care.  But he should stop crying about the press talking about his private lif.  And stop SELLING it; he needs to get into the 21st century and get a damn Instagram account.  Or use his friends! One candid picture of the two of them at the reception released on Rande's Instagram: we get our fix, he gets control and PR, everyone's happy.  Why does he have to make it icky by attaching a price tag to everything?  And I know other people do it, but some celebrities do it the way I described too.  Why does he always choose the shadier option?
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 09 Aug 2014, 04:43

Missa I think your one or two pictures on a friend's Instagram account and you'd be happy makes you the exception, not the norm.

But I get your point.  I don't agree with it but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 09 Aug 2014, 05:15

Yep I hear you Missa.

For me its the selling out aspect that sticks in my gut, if indeed that will be the case. 

I too would be really happy with a simple photo taken and posted from one of his many instagramming friends.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 09 Aug 2014, 09:56

Missa wrote:Sure, but isn't he being hypocritical as well?  When it comes to privacy, he wants to have his cake and eat it too.  If he wants to do a full 12 page spread in Vogue or In Touch, frankly, I don't care.  But he should stop crying about the press talking about his private lif.  And stop SELLING it; he needs to get into the 21st century and get a damn Instagram account.  Or use his friends! One candid picture of the two of them at the reception released on Rande's Instagram: we get our fix, he gets control and PR, everyone's happy.  Why does he have to make it icky by attaching a price tag to everything?  And I know other people do it, but some celebrities do it the way I described too.  Why does he always choose the shadier option?

That's what celebrities are like. They whine when they have their picture taken and their privacy is "invaded". They want publicity and the fame and adoration (why else become a famous actor?) but they want it on their own terms.
And I cannot see why some people are so opposed to a Vogue spread. It would be much more tasteful and less invasive than random paparazzi shots.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:42

[quote=

That's what celebrities are like They want publicity and the fame and adoration (why else become a famous actor?) but they want it on their own terms.[/quote]

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. Don't we all want some control over our personal lives, even if our professional lives demand that we court public attention? Don't we all go home at the end of the day and shut the door on the rest of the world? Everyone needs some part of their life they keep private - what it is and how we do it is a personal decision. I think celebrities walk a very fine line - they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 09 Aug 2014, 13:10

theminis wrote:Hang on Party Animal - judging is what we all do best on this site!!!
Ain't that the truth.Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next