George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Anna Wintaur EmptyToday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Anna Wintaur EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Anna Wintaur EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Anna Wintaur EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Anna Wintaur EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Anna Wintaur EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Anna Wintaur EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Anna Wintaur EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Anna Wintaur EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Anna Wintaur

+4
party animal - not!
annemarie
Doug Ross
PigPen
8 posters

Go down

Anna Wintaur Empty Anna Wintaur

Post by PigPen Wed 06 May 2015, 20:31

Do we know for sure how Anna Wintaur became so heavily involved with Amal Alamuddin and now Clooney?  Did Amal know her before George?  if so when and how?  Did George introduce them and ask Anna to help with the make-over?  Yeah-she did have a makeover.  Look at some old photos (early in courtship) and now... perfect makeup, blown out hair, clothes to die for.  Definitely make over.

Not being OVERLY critical of this, but to believe Amal made this transition independently and of her own decision totally.... nah.

Just asking how Anna Wintaur came into the picture.  For that matter... Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen....

She may have dressed well before George.. yes she has her own money.  But you have to admit, she's gone from zero to sixty on the fashion name dropping list since the ring went on the left hand.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Anna Wintaur Empty Re: Anna Wintaur

Post by Doug Ross Wed 06 May 2015, 23:56

I think they knew each other before George, but I don't know how, I'm not even that sure..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 May 2015, 00:27

Amal lived in New York for 10 years before she met George so they may have known each other from this time. As for her makeover I think she is married to one of the world's most famous men I get her wanting to look her best at all times especially when you can be papped at anytime lets be real  looking half assed  would reflect on George. Katie Holmes who was also famous in her own right did the exact same thing higher profile better style. Both these women love fashion so why not indulge and have the best that you can . Amal was raised with money so designer things are not new to her.  We really don't know what she had in her closet before she met George there aren't really a lot of pictures of her available the one's we have seen the clothes are not cheap.  If I were Mrs. Clooney heck yeah I would have the best money could buy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 00:48

Yep, I agree, Annemarie.

I could be completely wrong but it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Wintour knew both of them separately - even possible that's how they met (or a Wintour'/Veltroni connection maybe)

Mm, she definitely had designer clothes pre His Nibs, and just thinking of things like the playsuit she wore to Villa d'Este. That was a particular sort of silk and all hand embroidered - can't think of the designer for a minute.............

When your professional life involves high level meetings with the likes of the King of 
Bahrain, then you need to be dressed appropriately and have the confidence and 
knowledge not to be overwhelmed by such an occasion

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 May 2015, 04:47

Wasn't George the first man on the Vogue cover?
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 07 May 2015, 04:51

1992: Richard Gere becomes the first man to appear on the cover of 'Vogue', with the supermodel Cindy Crawford, then his wife. George Clooney is the second cover man, in 2000, photographed with the Brazilian model Gisele.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 07 May 2015, 05:01

melbert wrote:1992: Richard Gere becomes the first man to appear on the cover of 'Vogue', with the supermodel Cindy Crawford, then his wife. George Clooney is the second cover man, in 2000, photographed with the Brazilian model Gisele.

You know mel you're fucking scary when it comes to remembering (or finding) these obscure tidbits of info!  But thanks.  Ah yes, I did forget Cindy was married to Richard Gere.  Now THAT must have been an interesting relationship.  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 07 May 2015, 16:33

Lorna, you can find these facts on the Vogue website I think.
I have wondered too how Amal met Anna, especially after I read that Anna recommended her hairdresser in London. But that was after she and George got engaged I think. I wouldn't know how Amal would have met Anna independently from George. Before George, Amal was just not high profile enough to have a chance of meeting Anna but I could be wrong. I think this makeover started very quickly after they started dating.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 17:18

Anna being interviewed by Seth Meyers after the Met Gala

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 07 May 2015, 17:55

Thanks PAN. I don't follow or read much about Anna.  Honestly all I base my opinion on her is her stone faced look with sun glasses and her supposed depiction by Streep in Devil Wears Prada. Has anyone read up on her much.  It may be that she comes across as rather pretentious and difficult but she's actually a sweetheart. Or is she somewhere in between.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 18:31

Anna Wintour has been in journalism all her life - quite literally, and her father was editor of the London Evening Standard for a long time and used to ask her advice when she was in her teens about how to attract the younger generation to the paper, and it was down to his influence that she went the fashion route, which she did very early on..........so effectively she has climbed from the bottom to the top of the business.

She was a bit of a rebel when young and I don't think she went to university, and as a teenager she had a few famous and older boyfriends of the literati type e g Piers Paul Read, and Richard Neville of Oz magazine, which was considered outrageous at the time.

It is amazing to me, as someone who visited the Met last week and saw all the preparations in full swing, just how powerful she is now, but boy, has she worked for it

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 07 May 2015, 18:36

Here she is sending up her own reputation with Meyers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content