George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin General Thread

+24
fridadereval
Donnamarie
Silje
PigPen
premiere
Way2Old4Dis
jusquatoi2014
Alisonfan
fava
/
melbert
Cece42
LizzyNY
Maggy
LornaDoone
annemarie
bgarabedian
lionheart
jd68
Joanna
Katiedot
sparkie
party animal - not!
theminis
28 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Amal Alamuddin General Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin General Thread

Post by jusquatoi2014 Mon 28 Jul 2014, 07:34

Living a sheltered life or not does not depend on her family backround, education, places where she stayed or even her practice.  I think she must be intelligent at least in order to get this far. But she is probably not as strong as we are made to believe.  She is certainly not Christine Lagarde type of women, who by the age of 36 was already a senior partner at one of the largest law firms in the world and mom of two sons.  But can GC be partner with a women as strong, substantive and truly down-to-earth as Christine Lagarde in the first place? I doubt it.  So think AA may have just been a perfect match in the sense that she's got everything that GC wants and can handle, but no more.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by / Mon 28 Jul 2014, 08:52

This is all just a load of nonsense and speculation. From what I've heard, the field of law is a very competitive environment. Therefore anyone how has led a sheltered life, will not be able to cope in that environment. With parents like Amal's, I doubt she has never had to discuss politics and law over dinner with her family. You need some confidence to cope, as well as common sense. I have no doubt that she has all of that. And maybe she does not want to be as ambitious as Lagarde... Although in my humble opinion, she seems to have achieved great things already. Just take it for what it is, she is a barrister who met George and they fell in love because they have shared passions and beliefs. I don't think there is any other theory to explain their relationship. So... let it go people.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jul 2014, 09:28

E C writes....."Let it go people"
Amen to that  Thumbs up! 
A very good quote with which to start a new week IMO.

And contrary to someone's comment about me a few weeks ago on another thread...I Have No Agenda....
unless showing respect to George's future wife IS an
Agenda.

R E S P E C T
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 28 Jul 2014, 14:37

LornaDoone wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:Guys, does it really matter at this point when they met? It's a done deal, however it happened.

I think some of you are basing your opinion of her "sheltered" life on when she was much younger. She's 36 for pete's sake - not a child. She lived in NY while going to NYU, and that will grow you up really fast. Since then she's been working and traveling all over the world, meeting all kinds of people. I seriously doubt that she's in any way naive or sheltered now, no matter how she may have been raised.

Again, this is all conjecture neither you nor I know her personally and we're basing our opinions on observation.  so what I say may not be fact but please Lizzy what you say may not be fact either.

Just because she lived in NYC doesn't mean she wasn't sheltered even then so as sparkie says, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

Lorna - Knickers completely untiwisted. Very Happy  I'm not claiming I know for a fact what she's like . Merely stating the opinion that a woman of her age and life experience is unlikely to be so protected from the ways of the world (which is my definition of "sheltered").

LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Jul 2014, 15:53

Lizzy wrote...."Lorna - Knickers completely untwisted."

Ooooo Lizzy...I'm so pleased for you that
your knicks are comfy for you !  Sofa bounce 
There's nothing worse than the opposite IMO.

(Mind you, it would explain a lot . Twisted Evil )
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Jul 2014, 16:31

Joanna wrote: E C writes....."Let it go people"
Amen to that   Thumbs up! 
A very good quote with which to start a new week IMO.

And contrary to someone's comment about me a few weeks ago on another thread...I Have No Agenda....
unless showing respect to George's future wife IS an
Agenda.

R E S P E C T

Ye might want to take thine own advice lest thy question be answered for all to see.  Red would be the color of thy face.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:23

I will be so, so happy when George is back to making movies, and his love life -- yes, even his marriage -- is just background noise. He's engaged. He'll get married (or he won't; he's pushed back big projects before). The novelty is over for me, and I'm not impressed that she's any more special than any number of other young, successful women. To me, the best thing she has going for her is George Clooney.

I want to see Clooney the actor, director, producer, and humanitarian. Amal can be a sidebar to the public aspects of his life, which is all we can get and shouldn't be taken over by her. I look at her, and all I want to do it force feed her a peach cobbler.

I may have to come back later and admit that I'm sleep-deprived and in a sour mood.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 28 Jul 2014, 17:34

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I will be so, so happy when George is back to making movies, and his love life -- yes, even his marriage -- is just background noise. He's engaged. He'll get married (or he won't; he's pushed back big projects before). The novelty is over for me, and I'm not impressed that she's any more special than any number of other young, successful women. To me, the best thing she has going for her is George Clooney.

I want to see Clooney the actor, director, producer, and humanitarian. Amal can be a sidebar to the public aspects of his life, which is all we can get and shouldn't be taken over by her. I look at her, and all I want to do it force feed her a peach cobbler.

I may have to come back later and admit that I'm sleep-deprived and in a sour mood.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Mon 28 Jul 2014, 18:00

Cece42 wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:I will be so, so happy when George is back to making movies, and his love life -- yes, even his marriage -- is just background noise. He's engaged. He'll get married (or he won't; he's pushed back big projects before). The novelty is over for me, and I'm not impressed that she's any more special than any number of other young, successful women. To me, the best thing she has going for her is George Clooney.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double ditto, and I can't wait for the movie with Jodie Foster (Money Monster?) Sounds like a fabulous plot, and I can really see him in this. Also, has Jodie Foster ever made a bad movie? Sorry, getting off topic.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Jul 2014, 18:45

Er, The Beaver.........?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Mon 28 Jul 2014, 19:05

party animal - not! wrote:Er, The Beaver.........?

OK, so maybe one . . .  Razz
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Jul 2014, 22:28

premiere wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:Er, The Beaver.........?

OK, so maybe one . . .  Razz

Ah I blame that one on Mel.

Nobody was going to give that film a chance but I give her points for loyalty - however misplaced.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 28 Jul 2014, 23:01

sparkie wrote:
E.C. wrote:I've haven't followed the whole conversation but Sparkie, what do you mean by arranged? Aren't arranged marriages normally within the religious community? And how do you know Amal has led a sheltered life?
Arranged Marriages can cover many aspects:

Reasons for Arranged Marriages

Cultural
Religion
Financial
Political
Heirs
Credibility
Family
Debt
Sold

I am not saying that it is an arranged marriage I said was it so far out of the realm on possibility that she would accept an arrangement of some sort. And that they would/could both benefit from it.

Amal           International Recognition for her work, Prestige, Fame and Money

George        No more wash rinse repeat jokes, stops the question When Are You Getting Married Again George something which                    seemed to irk him no end. Rumours.

On a side note just to pacify a few with their knickers in a knot. From everything that I have heard about arranged marriages they have a higher percentage of success rate than non arranged ones.
Sparkie, I understand your theory regarding arranged marriages.  Many cultures do it, and we are not aware of them.  My question is this, why did her family select George as a husband?  " Hey honey, how about of we approach that movie star who's had all those girlfriends, and won't get married"

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:01

I don't believe her family arranged this marriage but I'll bet once they found out she was dating George there was probably discussion about how it could/would increase Amal's profile in the world.

And I'm sure her law firm isn't too unhappy that they're getting free publicity world wide either.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 29 Jul 2014, 00:05

LornaDoone wrote:I don't believe her family arranged this marriage but I'll bet once they found out she was dating George there was probably discussion about how it could/would increase Amal's profile in the world.

And I'm sure her law firm isn't too unhappy that they're getting free publicity world wide either.
You got that right .

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by jusquatoi2014 Tue 29 Jul 2014, 03:51

“Just take it for what it is, she is a barrister who met George and they fell in love because they have shared passions and beliefs.”

Perhaps people had wanted to take it for what it is.  If this was the version that had been rolled out in the media, there would not have been so much nonsense and speculation.  Why insulting all of GC's exes (and actually Amal herself) by throwing out her degrees, bar licenses, etc.?  In the top tier legal world, what she has achieved are basics.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 29 Jul 2014, 04:13

PigPen if read my post I said an 'arrangement of some sort'. No I don't think for one minute they looked in a 'catalogue' and decided on George. Don't forget that on both sides they are very astute, clever people. They know what they want and they know how to get it, so arranged in the traditional sense is incorrect.

When it became known that George and Amal were dating it was here we go again. Then all of a sudden George who for almost two decades said he was never getting married again and showed he was incapable of any relationship lasting longer than 2-3 years announces he is getting married, many people have made this statement and done a complete 380 when they fall in love. But this same man who dated actresses, models, waitress and what ever else, when he finally decides to take a wife it is someone who is 'on his level, is his equal, has no perceived past, is an humanitarian, comes from a good family and all the other crap we have had shoved down our throats the past few months.  I am sorry but I really believe that this a marriage of convenience and that is what I meant by arranged marriage.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 29 Jul 2014, 04:21

I sure hope George doesn't share all her beliefs, especially her being called a human rights attorney, while she is representing her so called scum CLIENTS.  I'm sorry but I don't fall into the "Innocent until proven guilty," sorry off topic here.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Tue 29 Jul 2014, 04:24

sparkie wrote:PigPen if read my post I said an 'arrangement of some sort'. No I don't think for one minute they looked in a 'catalogue' and decided on George. Don't forget that on both sides they are very astute, clever people. They know what they want and they know how to get it, so arranged in the traditional sense is incorrect.

When it became known that George and Amal were dating it was here we go again. Then all of a sudden George who for almost two decades said he was never getting married again and showed he was incapable of any relationship lasting longer than 2-3 years announces he is getting married, many people have made this statement and done a complete 380 when they fall in love. But this same man who dated actresses, models, waitress and what ever else, when he finally decides to take a wife it is someone who is 'on his level, is his equal, has no perceived past, is an humanitarian, comes from a good family and all the other crap we have had shoved down our throats the past few months.  I am sorry but I really believe that this a marriage of convenience and that is what I meant by arranged marriage.
AMEN AMEN AMEN

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Jul 2014, 05:07

Cece42 - I would agree with you except it occurs to me that he must have met many accomplished, attractive -even more suitable - women and he never proposed to any of them. There has to be something more going on here than just convenience. I'm not a big fan of Amal, but I hope they love each other and have a happy marriage - if only for his sake.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:33

Just My Opinion for a Saturday afternoon....I think she was prettier here, before she became a "style icon"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:42

What's a  "style icon"   PP ?

Never heard the expression before.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:54

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]   FASHION NEWS

Style Icon: Amal Alamuddin, beauty with brains
News Date: Jul 16, 2014 9:51 PM
Amal Alamuddin has hit headlines recently after getting engaged to Hollywood superstar George Clooney. Not only is she is beautiful, but also the epitome of grace.
we hashed and rehashed this on another thread (wherever that is).  some newspapers called her the next Jackie O etc.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:57

Jo, it's a useful press label for someone who sets her own style in fashion.

Here's another article about her background

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 18:59

Oh......thanks PP......some fashion writer's words 
from July then ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:04

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney wedding: What his friends say about Amal Alamuddin12 SEPTEMBER 2014

The wedding of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin is generating almost as much interest as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's surprise nuptials. Until a few months ago the British legal eagle was unknown outside her professional circle. 

Since then the Oscar-winning star's friends and family have come out to sing Amal's praises. Read in their own words, why they think George has finally found The One.

George Clooney: "I am marrying up". 

His mother Nina Clooney: "You can say I'm extremely happy, Amal's a lovely girl." 

'We weren’t at all surprised when they told us they were engaged, and we couldn’t be happier for them. 

"On an intellectual level, they are equals. That is very important to him. Amal’s world couldn’t be more different from the Hollywood lifestyle. She’s a lawyer, she is brilliant, she is a very bright woman and at the very top of her career. 

His father Nick Clooney: 'We are thrilled...my wife and I are absolutely thrilled...we are excited for both of them. Amal is a very lovely girl.' 

Julia Roberts called her "beautiful and smart" and revealed that George is "happy", before adding: "That's what matters to me."

Mark Stephens, the solicitor who hired Amal to represent Wikileaks founder Julian Assange: “She is a fabulously bright woman, she’s independent, has a Rolls-Royce mind and intersocial skills to die for.” 

Robin Jackson, the chief executive of Doughy Street Chambers: "Amal has been utterly wonderful since she arrived in Chambers. She brings a bright light to everything she is involved in, and I am so delighted at her happy news”.

Author Kathy Lette who is married to Geoffrey Robertson QC, founder of her chambers: “The woman is a brilliant lawyer, jaw-droppingly beautiful, perspicacious, principled, passionate about human rights, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria, fluent in three languages – French, Arabic and English – wise, witty, a good laugh and great fun. Hell, I’d marry her! As would every other heterosexual woman I know!"

Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:08

Kathy Lette is a funny witty lady.
And her books are a good light read too.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:11

Joanna wrote:Oh......thanks PP......some fashion writer's words 
from July then ?
yeah.  I just think she was pretty before the blow outs, impecible make-up, etc. 
More like a real person.  Now, not so much.  For lack of a better term, she's gone Hollywood.  I could understand George being attracted to the "original" Amal.  This one is too phony.   Just MO.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:20

Silje wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney wedding: What his friends say about Amal Alamuddin12 SEPTEMBER 2014

The wedding of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin is generating almost as much interest as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's surprise nuptials. Until a few months ago the British legal eagle was unknown outside her professional circle. 

Since then the Oscar-winning star's friends and family have come out to sing Amal's praises. Read in their own words, why they think George has finally found The One.

George Clooney: "I am marrying up". 

His mother Nina Clooney: "You can say I'm extremely happy, Amal's a lovely girl." 

'We weren’t at all surprised when they told us they were engaged, and we couldn’t be happier for them. 

"On an intellectual level, they are equals. That is very important to him. Amal’s world couldn’t be more different from the Hollywood lifestyle. She’s a lawyer, she is brilliant, she is a very bright woman and at the very top of her career. 

His father Nick Clooney: 'We are thrilled...my wife and I are absolutely thrilled...we are excited for both of them. Amal is a very lovely girl.' 

Julia Roberts called her "beautiful and smart" and revealed that George is "happy", before adding: "That's what matters to me."

Mark Stephens, the solicitor who hired Amal to represent Wikileaks founder Julian Assange: “She is a fabulously bright woman, she’s independent, has a Rolls-Royce mind and intersocial skills to die for.” 

Robin Jackson, the chief executive of Doughy Street Chambers: "Amal has been utterly wonderful since she arrived in Chambers. She brings a bright light to everything she is involved in, and I am so delighted at her happy news”.

Author Kathy Lette who is married to Geoffrey Robertson QC, founder of her chambers: “The woman is a brilliant lawyer, jaw-droppingly beautiful, perspicacious, principled, passionate about human rights, an adviser to Kofi Annan on Syria, fluent in three languages – French, Arabic and English – wise, witty, a good laugh and great fun. Hell, I’d marry her! As would every other heterosexual woman I know!"

just noticed something.  Both Nina and Nick refer to her as "lovely".  Odd choice of word for each f them to use... coinsidence,   been married so long they use the same vocabulary, or,(just being a female dog) had they prepared their statements before making them?  Just asking.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:22

Never heard of Kathy Lette before she was mentioned on this board.But she seems funny in the article where  she gives advice to George marrying a lawyer.

Like the picture of Millie but she was cuter in the pink picture. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:23

who is Millie?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:24

I can't see that Amal's "gone Hollywood" PP.

She's made one red carpet appearance, which went 
very well IMO......with a simple classic look, compared to many other ladies photographed who did look OTT.

Still old sport, it's good to have differing views, 
don't ya know ?
That's the Brit coming out in me again PP.  LOL
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:28

Before then, dear heart.  IE:

I just think she was more attractive long ago.  Now, it's more glitz.  Too much effort.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:48

PigPen wrote:who is Millie?

Look at Joanna's Avatar PP.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:51

Thanks Silje.  Thought  you had a new name for Amal,and I missed the memo. LOL

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 13 Sep 2014, 19:53

sparkie wrote:PigPen if read my post I said an 'arrangement of some sort'. No I don't think for one minute they looked in a 'catalogue' and decided on George. Don't forget that on both sides they are very astute, clever people. They know what they want and they know how to get it, so arranged in the traditional sense is incorrect.

Your theory is standing the test of time.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 13 Sep 2014, 20:04

PigPen wrote:Thanks Silje.  Thought  you had a new name for Amal,and I missed the memo. LOL

No you didn't miss the memo. Smile

But I read a comment on a board, can't remember which one maybee DM, where the person was upset about George mispronouncing Amal's name in his speech. According to this person the name should be pronounced A-mal, rhyming with camel. And not Amaal rhyming with Nepal. Any Arabic lingvists on this forum?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 13 Sep 2014, 22:35

Seriously? George would mispronounce Amal's name? I'm sure he has had ALOT of practice whispering her name in her ear. If he still couldn't get it right after a year of togetherness she would be out the door. "Hey George! Don't even think of calling me until you get my damn name right". All of these comments are sooo picky. Catty. I'm still trying to get used to reading all these posts. I know it would be boring having a lovefest over them but really? How bout more constructive criticism or would that be too boring?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 13 Sep 2014, 22:55

If he is saying it wrong it obviously doesn't bother Amal.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:21

I checked up on pronounciations and it looks like the guy from the other board  was right. The name should be pronounced
A-mal. But I assume English speaking people are more likely to say Amaal. She is probably used to it growing up in England. And when you speak English Amaal acually sounds nicer.

And English speaking people in general tend to suck at speaking foreign languages. Never met an English speaking person who could pronounce my name right  even if that had plenty of experience whispering it in my ear.  And I never kicked them out the door because of it.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 13 Sep 2014, 23:59

Blimey.....Life's too b****y short for such pettiness
just about a name surely.

Sorry......flower
I can't stand pernickety pettiness about anything or anybody.....It's just me.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 14 Sep 2014, 00:17

To me the way my name is pronounced or spelled is important. The name is my identity. I don't care too much about etiquette but I always try to pronounce and spell peoples name right. Because it matters to me.

But if I lived in England for 30 years I would probably have gotten used to the English pronounaciation of my name. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 14 Sep 2014, 02:23

I once had a Muslim man tell me that I was pronouncing my daughter's name wrong. It is an African name that has roots in Arabic. Well, I know what I named my child, and how I wanted it pronounced, and what she'd gone by all her life.

If Amal -- and her very proud and protective parents -- wanted her name to be pronounced to rhyme with "camel," that's how she would have been introduced from the beginning. There's no reason for her to have gotten used to anything that isn't her name. People call her what they've learned her name is from her. It's that simple.

I'm sure the guy was well-meaning, but he doesn't get a vote in how someone who's not a product of his loins pronounces their own name.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sun 14 Sep 2014, 05:38

Well bottom line is george is in love with amal, and no matter what level she is on or how successfull she is in her career, he fell for her and her intelligent beauty and charm. George is a very successful actor, director, producer and handsome good looking intelligent man. they match in many ways, different careers, but bottom line, they are together and love conquers all. love you geroge,bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sun 14 Sep 2014, 09:54

PigPen wrote:

Your theory is standing the test of time.
?
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Sun 14 Sep 2014, 21:58

So....

As far as the theory of arranged marriage, one way I can see that happening is that if there was a match making website( match, harmony, J dating etc... But for the "high flyers" super rich people ) then maybe that's how G and A met.. There are professional match making companies specialized in that sort of thing. Sort of helpful for people with super busy careers who though may be interesting, attractive etc... don't have time to weed through all the frogs to find their prince...( or vice versa of course). I can see why someone like Amal would sign up for such service. Now why would G resort to such website? Don't know. Maybe it was a moment of weakness or boredom. And then once they met there was mutual attraction and things fell into place for both.
Hmmm now my imagination is running wild. Anyone else interested in shooting down my theory or even better embellishing the story by adding dungeons, fairies and evil witches to the mix?

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Sun 14 Sep 2014, 22:06

As far as the pronunciation of Amal: actually both ways are correct !!

Amal : with no emphasis on the last syllable ( basically pronounced as is Camel) means Hope.

Amal: pronounced as Amaal ( with emphasis) is the plural of "Amal". It is a common name as well. It means Hopes.

In arabic the two names are written differently and easy to distinguish but in English there is no way of stressing the second syllable so they are written the same way. I guess people would get their cues of how to pronounce it by the person and if Amal is pronouncing it Amaal then it must be the way her parents intended to name her I would guess.

So both ways are correct. No reason to beat G up on that one!

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 14 Sep 2014, 22:36

How about they met at an event they both attended. Fell in love and decided to get married no arrangement necessary, just two people who met at the right time in both their lives and  decided they wanted to marry.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 14 Sep 2014, 23:10

To be perfectly honest, I'm surprised they hadn't met  earlier because they have so many friends in common worldwide

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:07

There are certainly a lot of posters here with very creative and, may I say, wild imaginations. Are any of you fiction writers? In the meantime I'm with annemarie.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next