George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

+30
it's me
benex
justpassinthrough
amaretti
/
What Would He Say
Silje
Doug Ross
Atalante
globalchick
Picachu
Donnamarie
annemarie
fava
LJN2606
sparkie
Butterfly
Joanna
bgarabedian
Mazy
ktsue2002
theminis
Missa
LizzyNY
melbert
Nicky80
Sevens
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
Katiedot
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 14:18

The having children thing is I'm sure made up. That is personal, personal, personal between the two of them. I'm pretty sure they would not even be talking to friends about this subject. Anytime anyone famous gets married first the pregnancy rumours then it is who is cheating on who. Guess the press couldn't wait until they actually got married.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

Post by Picachu Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:21

well now that wedding watch is nearly over, we will have bump watch for what the next year and when no bump shows we will be on the straying/infidelity watch, then divorce watch - oh to be famous

Sorry G&A , not us, it will be the press that does this
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Sep 2014, 18:26

Oh please.....Pretty please......don't even mention
a bump watch here ?  Give Flowers2
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Sep 2014, 20:43

Jo - If wishes were horses... Very Happy  You know as soon as the first bump-watch articles come out we'll be dissecting every word and photo - and fighting over whether we should! affraid
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Mon 13 Oct 2014, 06:38

Katiedot wrote:According to the article in People magazine (last line) they haven't even spoken about having children, despite getting engaged.  Remind me, how do you spell 'stupid' again?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Very interesting how incorrect this People article proved to be given that People tends to be the mouthpiece of celebrities and they had the engagement exclusive and leaked photos of the ring from Stan. 

George's source said it would be a long engagement. Instead there was a mad rush to the altar. The same source said it wouldn't be about a big party but about the commitment. Instead it became a huge PR show. Regarding the statement about kids - well no couple get married without discussing the child issue especially at her age where if she wants kids she needed to find a husband now. Of course she may not want them. The fact that George has never got a woman pregnant, when most of them would have been trying to get knocked up, remember Simon Cowell and Hugh Grant both got burnt, does say something. If Amal did want a child that would explain the mad rush to the altar given that she turns 37 early next year.

George has always said he never ever wanted children and he is old now, 53. But then he said he'd never get married again too. Most of George's friends are in the 50-60 age bracket [the Boys] with much older kids so George would be the only one of the Boys with an infant. 

We'll see. Amal's family would know her views. If they decided they don't want kids it's very strange that Amal's father would say we need grandkids now at the reception. The other issue is that she is painfully thin and nearly 37 and they will be in different countries alot. So it may not be easy.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 13 Oct 2014, 12:42

Didn't Ben's wife just have a baby a couple on months ago?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 13 Oct 2014, 13:59

Thanks to Hen! And he GUSHES!!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
George Clooney Wants to be a Daddy: ‘If It Happens, It Happens’
By Adam on October 13, 2014     

George Clooney could soon be set for daddy duty.
The 53-year-old actor — who recently married girlfriend Amal in plush Venice ceremony — gushed to pals that he and his new bride are keen to start a family.
Clooney confessed to a best pal that he’d finally thrown caution to the winds — and birth control right out the damn window!
“George, who swore for years that he’d never, ever marry again or procreate, smiled wryly to his close friend and confessed in these poetic words: ‘If it happens, it happens … because I’m not doing ANYTHING to prevent it, so … !'” a source said.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 13 Oct 2014, 14:23

Laughing Twins would be fun !
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 13 Oct 2014, 14:34

Now which 'close' friend is this........?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 13 Oct 2014, 15:11

Maybe the article it's not true, but I believe that they're thinking in that way.
They aren't look for a baby, but if it happens they would be happy.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 13 Oct 2014, 16:48

I believe it. I already started my bump watch. But no pics of Amal after Venice. So no luck so far. Smile

Marriage, the house, the dogs and next the White House?

He even showed up at ComicCon. Anything is possible.

One thing though, are there male birth controll pills that are really efficient? I always believed he had a vasectomy and that could be tricky to reverse.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Mon 13 Oct 2014, 16:58

Silje wrote:I believe it. I already started my bump watch. But no pics of Amal after Venice. So no luck so far. Smile

Marriage, the house, the dogs and next the White House?

He even showed up at ComicCon. Anything is possible.

One thing though, are there male birth controll pills that are really efficient? I always believed he had a vasectomy and that could be tricky to reverse.
Well I agree with you about the vasectomy. It's hard to believe that he has been religiously using condoms each and every time which is what he would have had to do to not be snookered into a pregnancy by the Z listers George always dated.  

Many many male celebrities have been burnt especially when they date the kind of women George dated as these types often have their eye on 18 years of child support. The list of celebrities who've had love children is long and includes Steven Soderbergh, Hugh Grant, Jude Law, James Marsden, Ryan Phillipe and Simon Cowell. And those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head. So the fact that it hasn't happened to George does make you think that he had a vasectomy. But apparently 90% of vasectomies can be successfully reversed.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 13 Oct 2014, 17:56

This thread is interesting..... it pinpoints the whole thing. .... The Kids conversation.

I have never wanted to marry, which is just as well.... As when close to it, I always gave the guys (not thaat many) a get out clause.  Something innocuous.....but they always took the bait.  When, full on in love, I always felt they did not see properly.

You see since the age of 7, following an accident, I can't have children.  I'm totally cool, otherwise I'd be open to adoption, I'm not!!!!

But how this affects MEN is incalculable, in my experience..... As I say, they always took the get out clause!..... Could it be therefore,  that George always harboured the view one day he would, and with no reason to look for, or want  the "get out clause".....do what nature intended....jmo

He has not done a total flip....well, he has....but this might help explain it.... a simple call of nature, if you will.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 13 Oct 2014, 18:13

I don't believe any article that will come out and say they want to have children unless George is actually interviewed and says something. Which I don't think he would. This definitely is a private issue. G&A would be daft if they had not discussed this issue. Of course they did. I did find Amal's dad comments about having grandkids bewildering. I kinda thought George would have had a vasectomy years ago. But who knows? Can't they just be married and get used to living with each for a while before all this BS starts? I know the answer. Of course not. The tabloids have got to have something to write about. cheating or pregnancy rumors!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 13 Oct 2014, 19:11

I can't see Goerge with a Baby....so weird  Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by / Mon 13 Oct 2014, 19:36

George would be like Cary Grant, only slightly younger. Smile I don't really see Amal as a mother figure. Besides, if she really, really wanted to have children, she would have had them already, I think. But you never know what's going to happen... Smile

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 13 Oct 2014, 20:08

They "look forward to everything" Very Happy

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 13 Oct 2014, 20:55

Official bump watch:
Now there are pics from Athens and I analysed them closely. There is one very good Getty pic and her tummy is flat.

But she is glowing, hmmmm.... pregnant glowing?

Have to follow this closely.....
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 14 Oct 2014, 00:33

Extra just reported (no pics) that he joined her in Greece, so if it's true, maybe that's why she's "glowing".
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 14 Oct 2014, 01:35

I guess so . He he heeeeeeeeeeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Oct 2014, 14:33

No no no no no no no....No bump watch....PLEASE !

Give Flowers2 Pretty Please xx
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 14 Oct 2014, 15:25

Joanna wrote:No no no no no no no....No bump watch....PLEASE !

Give Flowers2  Pretty Please xx

I needed a new hobby. Besides the media is going to do it anyway. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Oct 2014, 17:38

Silje wrote:

They say crocheting squares to make up blankets

is a good hobby gal !

Sofa bounce
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 14 Oct 2014, 17:48

Joanna wrote:
Silje wrote:

They say crocheting squares to make up blankets

is a good hobby gal !

Sofa bounce

I like those blankets Joanna but I have no talent for crocheting or knitting. But Game of Thrones is on tonight so that will give me something to do.  Smile

Last edited by Silje on Tue 14 Oct 2014, 17:50; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:07

Or you can learn how to crochet to make tons of BABY blankets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:37

lol! lol! Beaten
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 14 Oct 2014, 18:40

Sorry Melbert, no can do. No
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Tue 14 Oct 2014, 23:12

George and I have not talked about having kids yet, either.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 15 Oct 2014, 04:00

justpassinthrough wrote:George and I have not talked about having kids yet, either.

LOL
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 15 Oct 2014, 08:53

George might have had himself fixed, but money can buy anything, and  he can have himself reversed but who knows if he already has had it done or never had one. she does not have a baby bump, but who knows time will tell. If they have a baby, I think it would be just beautiful and quite a spoiled one. well, good luck to them. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet - Page 2 Empty added text of article

Post by benex Sun 19 Oct 2014, 17:02

Newly married George Clooney wants to be a stay-at-home dad

Sunday, 19 October 2014 - 5:47pm IST | Place: London | Agency: ANI

George Clooney is reportedly so desperate to have kids he's offered to be a stay-at-home father.

According to sources, before meeting his wife Amal Alamuddin, Clooney had come to terms with the fact he wasn't going to have children and despite always wanting to be a dad, he had convinced himself it wasn't going to happen, the Daily Star reported.

Sources said that meeting his wife changed everything and he told pals how he couldn't wait to make 'mini Clooneys' and hoped they took after their mother and inherit her Lebanese beauty with her dark and striking characteristics.

Insiders also said that the couple plans to settle in the UK and bring up their children there but want to spend at least three months a year in the US.

Sources stated that the 'Up In The Air' star has even offered to be a stay-at-home dad and plans to start slowing down on work but Alamuddin is convinced he will quickly change his mind once their first baby comes along.

Insiders added that Alamuddin has already made it very clear that she won't sacrifice her career ambitions and will hire a team of nannies and child-minders.
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 19 Oct 2014, 17:21

George a stay-at-home-dad?

Hmm, yea, maybe with a couple of nannies and a housekeeper!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 19 Oct 2014, 18:25

I don't think Amal would have had children without marriage. I think she waited for the right man and time to get married. If they have kids good for them if they don't that's great too.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 19 Oct 2014, 20:01

LornaDoone wrote:George a stay-at-home-dad?

Hmm, yea, maybe with a couple of nannies and a housekeeper!

I apply for housekeeper. The nannies take care of the kids and I take care of George hehehe

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 19 Oct 2014, 20:14

I can't see George as a stay-at-home anything. To go from working and traveling the world 24/7 to sitting home changing nappies? Please! He'd go out of his mind. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 19 Oct 2014, 20:22

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 19 Oct 2014, 20:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 20 Oct 2014, 17:18

Who are these 'sources' ?
Where do they hang out ?
How do they get their "information" ?
Who pays them for their "information" ?
It's all in their imagination.....isn't it ???

I'm reading Hack Attack at the moment and it's
mind boggling the lengths some people went to
for a story to print !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Oct 2014, 17:18

Haa! At least they went to lengths to get a story. I think much of what we read on here is simply made up from the warmth and comfort of some celebrity 'journalist' office.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 21 Oct 2014, 17:59

Or some "journalist's" mother's basement.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 06:08

DM is bored too hehe

Are the Clooneys set to become parents? George and Amal said to be considering adopting an orphan from a war-torn country

As they settle into wedded bliss, it's only natural that George and Amal (nee Alamuddin) Clooney are thinking about the next step in their marriage.
And it's now been revealed that the handsome pair are rumoured to be making plans to welcome their first child.
According to the latest issue of Woman's Day Magazine, the Clooneys are looking to adopt an orphan from a war-torn country.

A source told the magazine that the 53-year-old actor and the stunning 36-year-old human rights advocate lawyer are hoping to use the 'adoption to highlight the plight of orphans in countries like Syria.'

The source added that George sees some of his best friends, such as Matt Damon, Cindy Crawford, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, being parents- and he wants that for him and his wife too.
George and Amal married in front of family and a host of celebrity pals in Venice, Italy in October.

The stunning bride wore a custom-made off-the-shoulder Oscar de la Renta French lace wedding dress with a veil, while George chose his favourite designer, Giorgio Armani, to create his tuxedo.

The couple tied the knot at the seven-star Aman Canal Grande Hotel in a ceremony conducted by their close friend and ex-mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni.
George also wore special cuff links - a gift from Amal - which read 'George' in Arabic.

The happy couple were watched by approximately 100 guests - including family, friends and famous faces such as Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, Cindy Crawford and her husband, George's best man Rande Gerber, John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, Vogue's Anna Wintour and Bill Murray, at Italy's historic Aman Canal Grande Venice.
On the Monday after the big day, George and Amal made a trip to Venice City Hall where they made their union official with a 10-minute, €600 civil ceremony.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:17

Yeah, 'cause a man who didn't have children because he never had those leanings and worried about being a good parent, would adopt a child purely to highlight a social issue.

And I like how it becomes yet another fashion report and article about the wedding anyway...

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 17 Nov 2014, 12:47

Since it's taking off now, and has the Daily Mail quoted as source, can't imagine there won't be a pretty quick blast from Stan any minute now. Unless of course............

Amal Alamuddin And George Clooney To Become Parents: Couple To Adopt A Child From A War-Torn Country—Report

Amal Alamuddin and George Clooney are set to become parents. The recently married couple is reportedly planning to adopt a child.

According to Mail Online, Amal and George want to be parents to an orphan who belongs to a war-torn country. The 53-year-old actor and the 36-year-old human rights advocate lawyer are reportedly hoping to use "the adoption to highlight the plight of orphans in countries like Syria," according to a source from Women's Day magazine. George's decision to adopt a child is reportedly influenced by Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, who are parents to three adopted children, namely, Maddox, Pax, and Zahara.

Both Clooney and Amal are known for their humanitarian efforts. The actor has served as one of the United Nations Messengers of Peace. He is involved in Not On Our Watch Project, an organization that aims to stop mass atrocities on a global level. His other charitable works include raising funds for the victim of Haiti Earthquake, 9/11 victims and tsunami victims. He is also an advocate for finding a resolution for the Darfur conflict.
On the other hand, Amal is a British-based barrister who specialises in
human rights law. She recently represented UNICEF at the Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict.
George and Amal got married in September in Venice, Italy. Approximately, 100 guests, including close friends, attended their state-of-the-art wedding. Clooney's best man was Rande Gerber, and other guests included John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, Vogue's Anna Wintour and Bill Murray, Matt Damon and his wife Luciana, and Cindy Crawford.
For the wedding, Amal wore a wedding gown by Oscar de la Renta. The dress featured a wide neckline. Her French lace gown was embroidered with diamante and pearls and had a circular train. "George and I wanted a wedding that was romantic and elegant, and I can't imagine anyone more able than Oscar to capture this mood in a dress," Amal said about the dress to
US Vogue.
Meanwhile, George wore a tuxedo created by his favourite designer, Giorgio Armani. The couple sold off their wedding picture to Hello and People magazine, the proceeds of which went to charity.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 18:28; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 17 Nov 2014, 14:02

What a sorry, sorry story. Using the plight of orphans in Syria to make a statement is a wonderful reason to adopt a child. Right? How sweet and heartfelt. Yea, Way2 love the oh so smooth transition from adopting a Syrian orphan to the fashion attire worn by the bride.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 17 Nov 2014, 18:00

This "story" makes me sick. To even suggest that they would adopt children to "highlight the plight of orphans" is insulting and cynical. It puts the idea out there that if they do adopt it will be for political reasons - so if they do need to adopt to have children they'll have this nasty inuendo hanging over them. Disgusting!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by / Mon 17 Nov 2014, 19:47

That particular line, I found stupid too and typical Daily Mail style. I like to read their website, because i'm a bit addicted to celebrity gossip  Smile but I sometimes say to myself: who writes these stupid articles??? But if they would adopt an orphan from a war-torn country, for whatever reason, it would make sense for them I guess. They are the kind of couple that would do that.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 17 Nov 2014, 19:51

First Amal and Angelina  declared WWIII on each other, now the newly weds want to adopt an orphan (ala Angelina)  Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz

No George sitings = SLOW NEWS PERIOD.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:19

PigPen wrote:First Amal and Angelina  declared WWIII on each other, now the newly weds want to adopt an orphan (ala Angelina)  Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzzz

No George sitings = SLOW NEWS PERIOD.

Don't forget the shopping mall story PP.
Boring ......
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:28

Kolla in denna tweet av @GibsonDonalgbsn: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:32

George must have been shopping for baby clothes and a pram in Reading. Cool

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 17 Nov 2014, 20:35

LOL and the text sounds funny " a friend in Lebanon"...she could write... a friend of Amal...a friend of George... a friend of Amal's Family...but no...a friend in Lebanon...of course in Lebanon they know it first heheh
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next