George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

+30
it's me
benex
justpassinthrough
amaretti
/
What Would He Say
Silje
Doug Ross
Atalante
globalchick
Picachu
Donnamarie
annemarie
fava
LJN2606
sparkie
Butterfly
Joanna
bgarabedian
Mazy
ktsue2002
theminis
Missa
LizzyNY
melbert
Nicky80
Sevens
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
Katiedot
34 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet Empty George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

Post by Katiedot Sat 03 May 2014, 15:43

According to the article in People magazine (last line) they haven't even spoken about having children, despite getting engaged.  Remind me, how do you spell 'stupid' again?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

Post by LornaDoone Sat 03 May 2014, 15:51

How do you spell stupid?

G-E-O-R-G-E C-L-O-O-N-E-Y

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 15:53

Always open to other interpretations, but I think the words to look at are 'And I don't think........' in that sentence......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 03 May 2014, 16:12

The whole last paragraph is the "I (don't) think" thing...
Maybe they've talked just this source wouldn't know about it.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 03 May 2014, 16:14

I think they both know about each other how they stand if it comes to family. I'm sure they have spoken about it and know each other opinion about this. Why should they not talk about this?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 03 May 2014, 16:36

Well I for one am glad (if true) that the George camp is saying long engagement.

See I think they haven't known each other long enough to really know if they are right for each other, but by putting a ring on her finger, he appeases the families.  

I think this gives them BOTH a chance to determine if this will work out or not.  She's got as much to lose - probably even more - if they were to marry and then found that it really wasn't going to work.

George would just be excused as being George - Mr. Committment Phobe.

But she is supposed to be an intelligent woman who is expected to make good decisions so if she were to jump into marriage with a man she really doesn't know that well (they've known each other 7 months but how much time have they truly spent together during that time?) then her judgement would come into question.  If I were a lawyer, the last thing I'd want is people to decide that I'm flighty and prone to jump into things that I hadn't thought through.

And even if they did spend time alone in the last 7 months - it's a different thing to spend time together in the media glare.

She may love George (or not,  I don't really know what her feelings are) and she has had some media attention - but the attention WITH George may seem like a good idea now (great for career, her firm, her family) but it could also end up being something that she decides would NOT be good for her career.

Think about this - there may be some clients who would not appreciate having cameras following someone around when the client wants and needs to keep privacy intact.

And given the media glare, would she then eventually have to decide to leave her work?  Would that decision become something that later she would resent George for?

I think a long engagement would be a good idea - if they both really want to make sure this will work before they do something that could eventually embarrass them both - not just personally but also professionally.

And that talk about children, religion, serious political ideals, how much family will be involved in their lives really needs to happen! George enjoys his family but on his terms and his agenda.

How would he balance HER family expectations? Her family may be thinking - great George will come to all our family events because he is married to one of us and that is what WE do.  And George may be thinking, oh yea, she has a family but we'll only invite the immediate family to Como.  Um, would that go over like a lead fart to the rest of the family?  

One thing I've found is that when you marry someone you'd better be able to handle the entire family if she's always included them.  And if he expects her to now exclude them that could be an issue also.

So much to learn about each other - too many people have married in haste and repented at leisure.

Yes so my advice - long engagement - make sure before you both sign that piece of paper.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 17:11

I think the wedding could happen at any time - and they might want to get her family on side. But that won't be a problem. They all seem to be people of the world to me.

Bet a few red herrings are going to be thrown into the mix as well.

To be ringing all your friends with the news when she'd said 'yes' indicates that he certainly wasn't certain and maybe that's to do with how his llife's work would impact on hers...... He would have thought of that, and will help her and shield her I'm sure if that's what's necessary

Having said that, there are so many entertainers and celebrities married to lawyers who continue their careers, they are surrounded by those examples, many of whom are friends

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 03 May 2014, 17:23

Those external worries...you can also say the same thing about their relationship.
"They should have dated longer to see if they could handle the marriage topic (not even engagement)"
Then why would George propose and put a ring on it? He hasn't proposed to any woman in the last 20 years.
On the other hand, it's a total suprise to everyone that their relationship progressed so fast over those seven months...but hey, if they've dated for over two or three years without an engagement, I'd bet they'll split very soon.
In this case, the rules have changed. I feel this engagement is only a matter of time to prepare for the wedding. Like what engagements normally do.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 03 May 2014, 17:41

LornaDoone wrote:But she is supposed to be an intelligent woman who is expected to make good decisions so if she were to jump into marriage with a man she really doesn't know that well (they've known each other 7 months but how much time have they truly spent together during that time?) then her judgement would come into question.  If I were a lawyer, the last thing I'd want is people to decide that I'm flighty and prone to jump into things that I hadn't thought through.

Well, since she's reading here on OH, she should know absolutely everything about George!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 03 May 2014, 17:43

@Lorna - Excellent analysis of the situation. I hope someone close to him has given him the same advice. With the divorce rate so high, I'd hate to see him become a statistic - not to mention the jokes at his expense if this doesn't work out.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 03 May 2014, 18:20

I really feel like the George Clooney we've been following all these years would CERTAINLY have covered all these bases before deciding to propose to someone. I can't imagine they haven't discussed the possibility, or lack thereof, of children. He said time and again that he rushed into his first marriage without thinking it through, and since he's already part of those divorce statistics, I'm sure he knows all the different ways it can go wrong.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 03 May 2014, 22:28

Well most men George's age don't normally get married especially to a younger woman and not discuss the elephant in the room.  Because then that would be really dumb. They know what they want out of this, you wouldn't walk in blind.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 03 May 2014, 22:42

Exactly, Themi.

I think this was just a apocrophal statement from an unknown person who had an opinion.

Oh, just read that bit of the article again. Significant bit is neither of them have talked about wanting kids. In other words to anyone else

(Meaning I guess that maybe she's never said she wants them either to anyone. Maybe not her agenda. Which I can understand. Never felt broody for them at all. And then a miscarriage changed everything............)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 03 May 2014, 23:54

Considering his dating history, I've often wondered how he managed to avoid fatherhood - accidents do happen (and fairly often to women who want to get married/have a baby with a reluctant significant other). I think he may have had a vasectomy so he wouldn't have to worry about it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Sun 04 May 2014, 00:01

This would come as a real shocker to me, and considering the current circumstances, one can never tell, but I think he may continue his complete 180 on marriage and children. Can you imagine how beautiful that baby would be if it looked like GEORGE. OMG!!!
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 04 May 2014, 00:09

ktsue2002 -: Fingers crossed! (PS-Even IF he did have a vasectomy (and I was just wondering) they are reversible. I personally think he has an obligation to humanity to reproduce as much as possible. Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 04 May 2014, 04:50

Yes vasectomies can be reversible but not always. If he did have one some time ago I would assume the chances are less.
@Missa he really didn't rush into that marriage, it was the second time that they were dating each and he blamed the divorce on himself. Awhile back he said that he married the only woman that he ever loved.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Mon 05 May 2014, 06:39

I think George is rushing into this marriage, and for him to think out thoroughly what is in store for him. I am very happy for him and I think he feels that this is the last ship out so he better grab onto it or it will sink. I also think he is very much afraid to be alone at his age, even though he dates many women and had 2 year relationships. This one is too smart for him I feel, she is in another world and not interested in what he is doing in his career. She should be, but has no intention of getting involved. I feel that George really does love her and not sure about her. Why has she not getting married by now, her career must come first. Anyway if George is happy I am happy for him. If he did have himself fixed I guess that is something else to consider unless he can reverse it for having children. I think he needs to be more spiritual and have some religion involved. They both do not seem very religious and career comes first for both of them. I hope for Georges sake, he makes the right decision to get married and if he does, I wish his all the best and love and happiness. love you george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Mon 05 May 2014, 06:44

Also, they need to have a pre-nupital agreement. She could take everything from him if it did not work out or at least half. I hope he is not navie and thinks loves comes first and no agreement. He is worth millions , and more than she is, so be careful and get that pre-nupital agreement. I hope he does, and makes the right decision. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 05 May 2014, 13:14

OMG...I don't believe George had a vasectomy! Why would he do that?
In our country we usually do that thing to women...

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 05 May 2014, 14:21; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 05 May 2014, 13:25

He didn't want to procreate! He doesn't want children! He was being responsible! As many women as he's supposedly been with, for not a single one to get pregnant, methinks that he's had a vasectomy.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 05 May 2014, 14:56

Oh dear...poor George....is nothing sacred 
in his life ?

It must be a Brit or age thing but I find all these discussions on this thread very intrusive.
They made me feel uncomfortable....so no....
I won't read it again.....as someone will no doubt say.
No offence meant.
 Hello!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 May 2014, 19:28

Sevens wrote:OMG...I don't believe George had a vasectomy! Why would he do that?
In our country we usually do that thing to women...
I reckon you're in for a surprise. But what do I know?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Mon 05 May 2014, 19:34

I also feel uncomfortable reading about it. This is very intimate part of his life and we should respect it. Love you George  lip smack 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 05 May 2014, 19:35

Whether he's had a vasectomy or not (I think almost certainly), if they decided they really wanted children they could just adopt. George certainly knows a few people with adoption agencies on speed dial. Who knows, at her age (and she's the same age as I am, so I'm speaking from my own thought process), she may prefer to adopt. After 35, the likelihood of birth defects increases, as does the likelihood of multiples. Neither of them may be willing to take a chance on either of those possibilities.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Mon 05 May 2014, 23:47

This discussion is so tacky, come on ladies we are better than this!
sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 05 May 2014, 23:50

Sorry, but George has joked repeatedly, publicly, on talk shows and in magazines, about having a vasectomy. Since he introduced the topic, it's fair game, in my opinion.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Tue 06 May 2014, 00:08

Missa wrote:Sorry, but George has joked repeatedly, publicly, on talk shows and in magazines, about having a vasectomy.  Since he introduced the topic, it's fair game, in my opinion.

Whether George talked or joked about the subject, does not give us a licence to discuss it to this extent. There is a little matter of respecting the boundaries of privacy, and understanding just where the line is.

sparkie
sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 06 May 2014, 00:12

And of course there is such a thing as a reversal.........

Ball-ironing, eye-bag removal, the snip.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 May 2014, 00:13

It may be tacky to wonder how George managed to avoid being a father for so long, but I think it's inevitable when you consider how many women he's been with over the years. He's either very lucky or very smart, and I vote for smart.

It's also natural to wonder if a couple plans to have children when they marry. I think most of us would love George to have a family of his own.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 06 May 2014, 00:17

Two amazing careers? Mmm, I'm not so sure..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 06 May 2014, 05:35

Amazing, it's okay to rip his girlfriends to shreds but "Oh my!" someone dares to discuss something he's already discussed in interviews and suddenly it's tacky?

Double standard certainly exists even in this forum.

If it's a gal -- no topic is off bounds. If it's George, his privacy needs protection.

Give me a break.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet Empty Not having kids

Post by LJN2606 Tue 06 May 2014, 12:10

according to showbiz spy:

GEORGE Clooney and his fiancee Amal Alamuddin won’t have children.

Sources say the pair — who recently announced their engagement — have no plans to start a family.

“Before he popped the question, George made Amal agree not to have any kids,” confided a source.

“She and George want to continue to travel and work, and they both believe that would be impossible with a child in tow.”

Meanwhile, George will now spend most of his time in London – so he can be with Amal, a lawyer in the British capital.

“He will spend more time in London to be with Amal,” a source told Us Weekly magazine.

The wedding will be within a year.

“Her family’s pretty old-fashioned, so they won’t be able to wait a long time,” said the source.

“George sees the marriage lasting.”

Sources say George likes Amal because she is “more interested in Darfur than Dancing With the Stars.”

Amal “is someone he can have a significant conversation with. It’s the healthiest relationship he’s ever had.”

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 06 May 2014, 12:14

LornaDoone wrote:Amazing, it's okay to rip his girlfriends to shreds but "Oh my!" someone dares to discuss something he's already discussed in interviews and suddenly it's tacky?

Double standard certainly exists even in this forum.

If it's a gal -- no topic is off bounds.  If it's George, his privacy needs protection.

Give me a break.

Discussion is not much different to me than "is he dressing left or right", same body part! Surprised this is where some draw thte line at tacky and invasion of privacy. It has also been discussed many times before. Is it different now he may actually have a child with the woman he is with?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 May 2014, 12:37

LJN2606 wrote:according to showbiz spy:

GEORGE Clooney and his fiancee Amal Alamuddin won’t have children.

Sources say the pair — who recently announced their engagement — have no plans to start a family.

“Before he popped the question, George made Amal agree not to have any kids,” confided a source.

“She and George want to continue to travel and work, and they both believe that would be impossible with a child in tow.”

Meanwhile, George will now spend most of his time in London – so he can be with Amal, a lawyer in the British capital.

“He will spend more time in London to be with Amal,” a source told Us Weekly magazine.

The wedding will be within a year.

“Her family’s pretty old-fashioned, so they won’t be able to wait a long time,” said the source.

“George sees the marriage lasting.”

Sources say George likes Amal because she is “more interested in Darfur than Dancing With the Stars.”

Amal “is someone he can have a significant conversation with. It’s the healthiest relationship he’s ever had.”
Link's here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A bit disappointed though...but that's the wisest decision. They're both a little too old and busy to have any kids.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 May 2014, 12:38

fava wrote:It has also been discussed many times before. Is it different now he may actually have a child with the woman he is with?
Nope, there's no difference now than there was before. Some posters are uncomfortable discussing this, and that's fine, but there's no reason I can see why those who are comfortable discussing this can't continue.

After all, we talk about everything else on this forum and I'm very clear in the house rules that this a 'no taboo' site where everything about George is open for discussion.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 06 May 2014, 12:42

'nuff said...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 06 May 2014, 12:50

He 'made' her agree? Really?

Er, don't think so!!

Might 'have agreed together'...........but not such a good story headline, is it?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 06 May 2014, 12:52

I highly doubt the showbizspy's credibility, here are some of their titles:
Sandra Bullock Crushed by George Clooney Engagement
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Delighted! Amal Alamuddin Bragging About George Clooney Engagement
Funny!

Last edited by Sevens on Tue 06 May 2014, 12:55; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 May 2014, 12:52

I love that he supposedly MADE her agree.  So . . . what's the word I'm looking for here?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 06 May 2014, 13:02

C.O.N.T.R.O.L.L.I.N.G. ???
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 06 May 2014, 13:05

Ah yeah, that's the one!

Amazing how much these 'sources' know, isn't it? Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 07 May 2014, 05:00

And here's the astrological view:

Is Fatherhood in George Clooney's Stars?

BY KIKI T. MAY 05, 2014

No one, probably least of all George, saw an engagement coming for him. Now, with such far-out consequences happening in the cosmos, is fatherhood possible for him too?

George is obviously proving he's a never-say-never kind of guy with his engagement to 36-year-old Amal Alamuddin. So, despite years of saying he'll never marry again, he is upping the ante on becoming a dad. As a Taurus with a Capricorn Moon, he's about family, consistency and building foundations that can lead to legacies. Yes, George is a family man to his bones, and when he dips his feet into commitment, he'll go all the way.

As love has it, Amal is in control now and George will defer to her. She is his exception to the rule, and no matter what she wants from here on out, from a puppy to a mini-van full of babies, George will do all he can to make it happen -- and keep her happy.

Thanks henway for the link
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 07 May 2014, 08:14

Wow the last bit sounds like he is a slave to her and does everything she says LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LJN2606 Wed 07 May 2014, 13:22

Katiedot wrote:Ah yeah, that's the one!

Amazing how much these 'sources' know, isn't it?  Wink

The 'source' is usually the one writing the article Very Happy 

LJN2606
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 25 Sep 2014, 01:51

George wants to  have kids....?

George Clooney already planning children with fiancee Amal Alamuddin -

The 53-year-old actor is set to tie the knot with British lawyer Amal Alamuddin, who he became engaged to in April. This will mark his second marriage, after being with actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993. But this time around is said to be different for George, as he has thought about becoming a parent.

"George is saying he's ready to do this - he thought he never wanted children, but meeting Amal has made him realise he is ready for a family," a source told British magazine Closer. "He's so glad that she has come into his life and knows he wants her to be the mother of his kids."Amal herself comes from a close-knit family, and George is reportedly excited about what the future holds for them both and their brood-to-be.

"He's saying that he's looking forward to holding his own child, and watching him or her grow," the insider continued. "He wants to be a part of something that's bigger than him."The Hollywood heartthrob has made his love for Amal well known among those around him, and the rest of the world. George even confirmed where he will be exchanging 'I dos' with his fiancée, which is believed to happen before the month is up."I met my lovely bride-to-be here in Italy, who I will be marrying in a couple of weeks in Venice, of all places. Amal, I love you to death and I cannot wait to become your husband," he shared at a recent charity event in Italy.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:42

I'm more interested in the comment made about George wanting a family now that he's found Amal
than flights and where they're going to and from !

What type of "friend" releases that kind of very private & intimate information ? Someone who will be dumped very quickly I hope !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:47

Joanna like everything so far it might just be made up, like all the rumors Amal is pregnant.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin haven't talked about having children yet Empty temp do not post

Post by Joanna Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:15

Yea annemarie it could well be. Thumbs up!

It's amazing how many journos are still making a quick buck on the Clooney name right up until the last minute.

I'm reading Hack Attack & it paints a good picture of the panic way that journo's have to work !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:59

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next