George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Let's Convince George to run for President!
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
When will George get married ?? - Page 2 EmptyThu 04 Jul 2024, 20:43 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

When will George get married ??

+19
happycat
LornaDoone
Love hides in his hair.
Katiedot
Mazy
LizzyNY
socimar
theminis
fava
playfuldeb
Joanna
annemarie
party animal - not!
hathaross
Missa
Picachu
Sevens
Piglet
Nicky80
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When will George get married ??

This year

Next Year

Will take few years

Never

View results

When will George get married ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will George get married ??

Post by fava Tue 29 Apr 2014, 02:14

playfuldeb wrote:I dont assume anything. I merely put information out there; you can draw your own conclusions.

Not taking a jab at you personally Playful Deb, but I've seen it happen here time and time again that speculation that gets repeated often enough starts to be treated as fact.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

When will George get married ?? - Page 2 Empty Re: When will George get married ??

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 03:05

I think it will be this year, but i also think it depends on the size of the wedding - the bigger the bash, the longer it will take to get it together. I can't see him cheating his parents out of the chance to see him get married, and I'm sure Mama Alamuddin would want to be there, too, so I think a real wedding is on the cards.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 29 Apr 2014, 03:23

playfuldeb wrote:I dont assume anything. I merely put information out there; you can draw your own conclusions.

I also don't assume so I'm with you. First we don't know when they met according to Nina it's at least a year. We really don't know when he and Stacy ending there relationship, We never actually saw them together last holiday, just a few red carpets. It might have been too soon for Amal to do them. Like I have been saying George has been changing so awhile. I say if they are not already MARRIED it will be this year and a charity wedding. But it is possible they are MARRIED.

George wasn't married by a priest so he is not married in the eyes of the church.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 29 Apr 2014, 04:04

Piglet wrote: I'm not doing very well in the 'what will George do next' category. He must really be sure. I wish them well.  
Same here! This really isn't the George Clooney that I've been a fan of for the past 10 years.

playfuldeb wrote:But isnt Amal Druze? I thought I read that somewhere
No. Her father is, her mother isn't. Nobody knows what she is because she's never said.

Missa wrote:Why do we always assume that a person who comes from an Arabic/Middle Eastern background must be devoutly religious? What evidence do we have that she practices any religion at all?  
Thank you for these words of wisdom!

Amal has never said one word about her religious beliefs (if she has any) so I think it's wrong for us on this forum to force any on her. All we know is that one of her parents is druze and one isn't.

George has been quite clear recently that he's atheist.

Clearly the two have no problems in getting married so I don't think religion is an issue for them.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Love hides in his hair. Tue 29 Apr 2014, 04:13

I think, we will see that picture this year.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Love hides in his hair.
Love hides in his hair.
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 29 Apr 2014, 05:04

Nice conversation folks but this thread is titled When will George get married, not what religion will he or will he not convert to.

Can we get back on topic?

Thanks.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 08:08

58% vote for this year.....Let's get ready and shopping to have the formal clothing in case we get invited  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 16:40

Seriously, if anyone wants to really send them a gift, a donation to SSP would be, imo, a great idea. Just wait until they actually get married! Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by happycat Tue 29 Apr 2014, 17:20

George is a man of action. He likes to be busy. I'll bet it's soon!
happycat
happycat
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:16

LizzyNY wrote:Seriously, if anyone wants to really send them a gift, a donation to SSP would be, imo, a great idea. Just wait until they actually get married! Smile 

Inspired idea Lizzy !

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:28

Not sure where to put this but BBC Radio 2 are currently playing George-Clooneys-getting-married songs:

So far:

It Should Have Been Me

Smooth Operator

Tragedy

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:29

Oh this is funny PAN  LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:30

Thanks, Joanna - Just thought they probably won't need a toaster, and Nespresso has already given him a coffee maker. Laughing  - I still say, though, wait til they actually get married. Too many sources are saying yeah he's engaged "but...". The NY Post ended an article on them saying (tongue in cheek, I'm sure) that it may be one of his practical jokes! I don't buy that, but it sure is weird.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:38

Okay, final one (and most requested)

Don't Marry Her. Have Me.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:45

Lizzy, I believe the media are still in their shocking emotions to have that doubts. But almost all the exclusive sources are very confident and definitive about the marriage ahead. Sure George has more confidence himself about the big day.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:48

Sorry I meant "definite" instead of "definitive" above.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 18:54

LOL party animal
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:36

Sevens - I'm sure the media are having fun with the story and playing up the shock value, but I think they're also wondering (like we are) why they haven't publicly announced it yet. When you get engaged you usually want to tell the world. Their family and friends already know, so why not just acknowledge it to the world and move on?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:43

I have a feeling His Nibs is up to something . He knows very well people are waiting to see them.

Who's on Ellen tonight?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:48

True PAN, now I got the feeling it will be maybe a TV interview with both of them. Call me crazy.......And in this interview they might say when they get married....I'm just waiting hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:48

My thought would be using everyone's desire to see them to their advantage. The utter dearth of coverage on the Sudan would quickly turn around if the newly-engaged George made his first public appearance there.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 20:01

What a great idea!

Maybe they have a new initiative together...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 29 Apr 2014, 20:14

I hope they do an interview but some how I doubt it. As for them telling when the wedding is I don't think that will happen it is already crazy that would just make it worse. I think the press want and will make a lot of money for a picture of them and that ring. He knows that. They were all covered up on the motorcycle and there are really no shots of Amals face granted she was wearing a helmet.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 29 Apr 2014, 20:26

Agree - and if he goes for that all the money made would go to SSP - wonder if negotiations are under way. Or a casual photo op with both sets of parents (Como?)...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Tue 29 Apr 2014, 21:33

When do People, US Weekly, and Hello hit their weekly deadlines? Thought I read somewhere it might a Monday or Tuesday. I'd expect some exclusive photo deal being negotiated with one of them. Perhaps they're waiting until after this week's deadline so that whichever outlet buys them, can run them in next week's edition before the rest of the world gets their hands on them.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:25

I think the more interesting question would be: How many years will be the signed contract

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 29 Apr 2014, 22:41

Do lifetime contracts exist???  Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:16

And her mom and dad got divorced, right ?
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:22

I don't remember reading that they were divorced - only that he went back to Lebanon and she stayed in the UK. Maybe they're just separated.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 29 Apr 2014, 23:28

@Lorna, religion could play a part in how long before they get married, so that is why I initially brought it up. If someone has to convert, or whatever for example, there could be time extensions, etc. So we really were on topic.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rose Wed 30 Apr 2014, 01:26

Nicky80 wrote:Do lifetime contracts exist???  Very Happy

I meant that this relationship is false. There is no love or emotional involvement, only a financial contract that benefits both parties

Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 02:09

Angie30 wrote:
Nicky80 wrote:Do lifetime contracts exist???  Very Happy

I meant that this relationship is false. There is no love or emotional involvement, only a financial contract that benefits both parties

Angie30 - helpful hint - perhaps you should preface your posts by stating - this is my opinion and not based on any facts
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 02:24

This type of nonsense will never end.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Wed 30 Apr 2014, 03:09

Do you think George will beat Brad to the altar??
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 30 Apr 2014, 03:19

isogotit wrote:Do you think George will beat Brad to the altar??
Actually we have a vote here about this and George seems to win Very Happy :
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Wed 30 Apr 2014, 04:03

Guess time will tell.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Wed 30 Apr 2014, 04:50

I think he will. Brad seems pretty comfortable with his lot in life right now. At least that is my opinion.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2