George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup

+10
LornaDoone
Pita428
Sevens
theminis
Joanna
What Would He Say
Maggy
silly girl
it's me
NewFanForever
14 posters

Go down

George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  Empty George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:03

Hello fellow fans..i am starting this thread as a place where you come and vent your Love, Frustrations and all things about George that have taken place on this forum daily.

I have found some days to have many different feels...Sometimes there is a lot of love in air...sometimes bitchness...sadness etc..

It has been pointed out that we need to say on topic..so perhaps head here to this thread.

Post about things that really made you laugh...things that really made you cry.

And well get a great community feeling going...all through the love of George! Embarassed 

Today I am finding the forum a little bitchy...a bit like yesterday...its all good as long as its not directly aimed at a person/topic and more your own feelings good or bad and the processing of them!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 12:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nicky80: edit title-deleted "plus What pissed me off!!")

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  Empty Re: George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup

Post by it's me Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:07

thanks we will use it
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup  Empty Re: George Clooney's Open House Daily Forum Roundup

Post by silly girl Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:15

Very clever idea..... Smile

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:21

To tell you the truth..it was inspired by Cat Woman yesterday...she was airing her feelings and got a beating..including about her Avatar..and she was leaving.

But then today she had enough love to show up again...I feel she had things to offer to the forum...she might need a little (slap across the face) joking...I don't know but...I thought she was brave.

Sometimes we post too readily and slip up and later think again or people don't know our humour and take things the wrong way! Smile

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:25

Great thread to vent.

I'll visit later Very Happy

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:30

Great idea NFF...

Where the F*** would I begin....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:37

Or with who, Jk Laughing

Are there any rules for this thread?
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:44

Hope this cubby hole in the kitchen has padded walls and is very sound proof from the rest of the house !

blowup 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:55

Yes there are...

We can't fight people or say nasty things in reply to what may have gone on in threads...remember everyone has a different level or tolerance to behaviour that's they think is acceptable to them.

For instance I will start..

WPO today was I was expecting a great day weather wise and it rained yesterday and all weekend events were cancelled and now day/weekend is glorious omg!

George wise..GCOH

Good to see Catwoman return to the forum.

Also the other day Maggy when you felt hurt about your posts and not being accepted...you could talk about that if you felt you wanted to.

Today so far on the GCOH...we have seen George upload a wonderful pic of him and friends and an insight into his day.

I would like to discuss pranks...I don't understand them as I am a very serious person..so I would like/appreciate insight from a prankster?

We might talk about do you think he GC needs to darken his hair?...has this been done successfully by your partners or do you prefer this salt and pepper look...I do!

If you look at George Clooneys Open House on Facebook  Katiedot does round ups on there and she does them really well! Lots of happy

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:14

While a good idea in theory (don't we already have a chit chat section in the Kitchen where we talk about general stuff), and considering your title of the thread includes the words "what pisses me off" suggests to me that this thread has the potential to get bitchy and negative.

p.s. for clarification purposes Catwoman never left this forum, she merely used a pretty little goodbye emoticon, neither did she receive a beating??.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:44

Still working things out...I am not a web designer.

I know of the Kitchen talk about general stuff but when I looked there people are getting to know each other...I don't want to do that and feel uncomfortable in posting amongst friends.

And they are sharing about there lives and cake making and things like that.

This thread is About GC and GC Open house and our feelings and what went on on the forum today.

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:52

Yes I understand your point NFF I just don't see how its going to work in a manner that doesn't become one big giant bitchfest -

I will leave this thread as is and people can contribute to it until such time as Katiedot offers her opinion on it.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 05 Apr 2014, 02:06

Well I guess I'm not going to be good at this...because I just don't own a large enough vicious vocabulary.
Party's on ladies! I'll watch what you say and try to learn some "bitchy words" Very Happy 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 02:22

Feeling miserable now Sad 

Maybe it will work...or maybe not??

Worth a try iMo

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 05 Apr 2014, 02:29

Don't feel miserable NewFanForever, Im merely stating that I don't think it will work in the long run. As I said the thread is open and ready for people to comment on until Katiedot (as its her site) lets us all know what she thinks.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:12

NFF - I never said you didn't have a right to your opinion but to express it ( that is like being a doormat or a dog) is such a negative response to someone who just put her heart out there. Your response to me about the comments perhaps hitting home are baseless and immature to say the least. you know nothing about me. and to defend yourself by saying you complimented her first? Really? I guess that just makes everything alright. If you can't find something positive and supportive to say about other members posts has it ever occurred to you to just keep scrolling.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:19

Look...I have worked doing secretarial work...and those are the words said to me by my employer.

I would not expect them from my love interest.

I don't know why Mazy should be so upset... it would be her decision to live that way.

And that is how I would feel...given the situation scenario she provided.

Can I not be truthful?

Sorry for Mazy hurt.

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:19

Good point. Keep scrolling.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:27

If you read the first few posts and how fans have described GC.

And things I have read here on the forum...that is how I am basing and seeing him in this light!

Its all the threads talking about his injuries and headaches and things...which made me post about his care...not that I thought he was old. And he drinks and womanizes.

Maybe I am not for this movie star stuff...normally into Doctors and things!

Gosh so PO today... Shit hits the fan

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:47

The point is the thread question was how do you think you would handle or what would be it be like for you to be GC's gf, not what do you think of what others think. This has nothing to do with what she said, just her right to say it without judgment or critique.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:52

Pita are you in the correct thread or are you over here venting?

I'll say it again, we have rules for this forum. I suggest you go read them before you post again.

Thanks.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 04:54

Thanks Pita for explaining....you are right..i read it wrong...gosh!

Big trouble for me today. I am glad I have my own thread... LOL! 

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 13:04

NFF, I have edit the title of your thread and deleted the part with "plus what pissed me off" as I believe this is offensive and maybe a green light for some users to have a go here about others. If something happens in this forum what you don't like you can always report it to one of the mods or Katiedot. Thanks you.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 13:11

Oh thanks for letting me know.

Probably sounded worse than I meant.

We used to have a show here in Oz and it had a hilarious segment of that same name WPMO...it was just fun stuff...but I can see now how probably on an
international forum it may sound offensive not knowing!!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 13:23

Good move Nicky !  Thumbs up! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 05 Apr 2014, 14:50

I just wonder who the mods here are...Nicky you're one I know

Last edited by Sevens on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 16:19; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 14:51

Lorna & theminis are mods.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:04

Joanna wrote:Lorna & theminis are mods.

These terrible two are the worst on here!..iMo oopsie

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:17

WoW New, let's hear how you really feel?!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:19

Joking! Mopping up the mess 

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:26

This was not funny and not a joke and I don't think anyone laughed. 

Not sure why you would make a joke about these two as you stated you are new on here and a new fan so I would assume you do not know them or anyone here. But if you are just pretending to be new then please share your experience.

Looks like you are using this thread to spread you negative thoughts about others. I'm not a fan of that.

And by the way, I think these two are the best. If this was a joke then you missed to apologize.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:38

I am refering to the fact they enjoy a joke on here like everyone else does.

This site is way to serious for me...and I feel like I am in a prison.

Sorry!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:47

Everyone is up for a joke as long if the joke is not made about other users. 

If you like, please visit our joke section. Maybe you will have more fun there. Lot's of jokes there...   Thumbs up! 

http://www.clooneysopenhouse.com/t3173-jokes-and-all-things-humorous
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:51

NewFanForever wrote:

NFF and Sevens this is the roundup:

Katiedot is the owner of this site
theminis is a mod
Lorna is a mod
Nicky is a mod

Our role is to answer questions, try to keep the threads on topic, move threads that are started in the wrong section (which is a bitch I'll tell ya) and to remind folks that this a "mostly friendly fan site for George Clooney"

We are trying to keep this site from becoming the nasty free for all that other sites have fallen victim to with so much infighting that the sites have to be taken down.

So if you have any issues with what we say or do you are always welcome to contact the person with whom you have issue and/or katiedot.

But please remember this site can be a LOT of fun as long as we follow the rules and most importantly try to respect the other posters.  I know that gets difficult at times when people disagree but it's my understanding that everyone here is an adult.  If a poster cannot act like an adult then we will have issue with it and will say something and/or delete the posts that are too offensive.

We have had to lock threads and katie HATES doing that because it does affect the flow of information but when it gets drastic, that's what has to be done.

This is AGAIN a site for George Clooney FANS.  And we discuss lots of things about George and whatever he is doing or who he is dating but there is a limit to what we will put up with when it comes to posters here trying to control and take over the site for their own agenda.  And there are some who HAVE an agenda.  

As far as we know, no one posting here is close to George so anything said here is going to be opinion.  Anything that is posted from articles, unless specifically interviews with George is subject to interpretation as many media outlets who write about George ALSO have NO access to George or anyone who is close to him - so we need to take much of what's written with a grain of salt.

I will say, some media is just as curious as we are and are going to great lengths to get info on George and also pictures of George.  

George and his life are a media commodity - not what he really wants all the time - but given that he's been in this a long time he knows how the game is played.

So saying all that - we'd like to keep this site CIVIL.  So calling other people names because you disagree with their opinion WILL get you a warning.  If it continues it could get you banned.

Now I'm sure that's not anyone's intention here - to get banned.  

So let's get back to being ADULTS - let's talk about George, conjecture about George, opine about George but let's try to act like adults whilst doing it.

Thanks.

Oh and New Fan - you're correct theminis and I ARE the terrible twos and we will smack you down if you get nasty.

Ok so let's all play nice now.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:52

The girls all joke amongst themselves...its just I am not in the group and its not being accepted.

As you mentioned.....I can look up lots of threads where this has happened.

Thanks Lorna for explaining and your post that arrived at the same time.

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:58

NFF - it's okay to joke. It's not okay to joke in such a way that could be construed as cruel. I think that's the difference.

Also, joking with someone with whom you've had limited contact might be taken the wrong way. And HOW you say something can also make a big difference.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 05 Apr 2014, 16:45

I notice Ocean was banned and wonder why...before I even had an account...I watched this forum for afew days as a guest.Thought this was informative and interesting so I joined here.
We'll make COH a better forum together!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 16:52

Ocean was never banned. She just stopped posting that's all. Everyone decides if they want to stay here or not. Apart from that I still think this forum is informative and interesting and the best forum in the world  cheers  cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sat 05 Apr 2014, 20:24

NewFanForever wrote:To tell you the truth..it was inspired by Cat Woman yesterday...she was airing her feelings and got a beating..including about her Avatar..and she was leaving.

But then today she had enough love to show up again...I feel she had things to offer to the forum...she might need a little (slap across the face) joking...I don't know but...I thought she was brave.

Sometimes we post too readily and slip up and later think again or people don't know our humour and take things the wrong way! Smile

That's cool I inspired you ...  Smile 
Honey, I did not care what they said, moreover, most of the things I did not read ... if a person offends you, it's because sometimes she wanted to be like you and have no courage, so she attacks you and worse, she assaults you using her own defects.

I said I was leaving the Forum only that time, Imagine if I go away just because someone attacked me! I just step to ignore this person

I have a lot of personality and I like to state my views, pleasing or not Wink 
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 20:25

NewFanForever wrote:The girls all joke amongst themselves...its just I am not in the group and its not being accepted.

As you mentioned.....I can look up lots of threads where this has happened.

Thanks Lorna for explaining and your post that arrived at the same time.

The fun place to be is the games thread and
many witticisms laughs can be found there.
So maybe come and join in ?

I know Katie hates that section, but it's been the source of much
Girl-Bonding and that in itself is a Positive thing
and prevents wars !

It also gives some of us a much need respite
from the personal difficulties that we're experiencing.

Long Live the Games !

Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 05 Apr 2014, 20:30

cw wrote......

"if a person offends you, it's because sometimes she wanted to be like you and have no courage, so she attacks you and worse, she assaults you using her own defects."

I have to disagree with that statement of fact.
Sometimes things are written that are simply too offensive to be ignored. Period.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 05 Apr 2014, 20:41

catwoman wrote:

... if a person offends you, it's because sometimes she wanted to be like you and have no courage, so she attacks you and worse, she assaults you using her own defects.

Catwoman - Maybe you should keep your own words in mind before you post something you know will be considered offensive. I'm thinking here of your comments about Amal, but also of your attitude to other posters who disagree with you.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 05 Apr 2014, 21:42

NewFanForever wrote:

Never a truer word said in jest, yes. LOL

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 21:52

blowup Hoping for a good day! LOL! 

I really don't want to debate..but I do agree with CatWoman...people are seeing me through there eyes and there view of life not how I am!

That's why they take offense...

Example a nasty person will take a comment as nasty when its not intended that way...hope I am explaining correctly! iMo

And thanks so much Joanna for making me aware of the games section/threads and kind invitation!

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 05 Apr 2014, 22:11

Everyone has opinions not everyone agrees with them.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 06 Apr 2014, 01:01

Slightly off topic.....

I think sometimes it's difficult to express oneself in a clear way just by writing a few words.

I try to view what I've written as another person would interpret it....without listening to voice & tone & seeing facial expressions words can be so cold and black & white and therefore lead to misunderstandings.

I knew someone who when before saying something that might offend always preceded her words with
"I'm not being funny but....." I never quite got her drift and yet understood her as well.
But I don't take offence easily and I'm blessed with a tolerant nature. I get more upset when someone is unpleasant to my loved ones !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:17

Double Post.

Nicky80:  NFF has deleted her post were she complained abut this forum. That's why my response below.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 12:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling Nicky:80 edit comment)

NewFanForever

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:31

This forum is not male dominated it is dominated by smart woman who likes to keep it how it is.

You (NFF) have not been pointed out because you want to talk about "this or that". You have been pointed out because you started talking about others. And that is not what we do on here.

In this forum you have many different threads. Not only movies. You can talk about different things you like. But not about other users. The house rules are clear that we respect each other.

Please respect it how it is. If you do not like this way maybe you should consider to find a different forum for yourself what suits you better.

And I don't think we need to discuss this any further.

Thank you.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down