George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal

+24
Nicky80
marysunshine
LizzyNY
Boshkash
Rachel
Carla97
cupcake
catwoman
Katiedot
LornaDoone
rubyred
melbert
Sevens
silly girl
Atalante
Piglet
annemarie
NewFanForever
it's me
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
Way2Old4Dis
lelacorb
Miss Sunshine
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 Empty Re: George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal

Post by Rachel Thu 13 Mar 2014, 11:35

George is in Dubai? Well why should he not be there. Its not the first time George has been on a Yacht in Dubai.
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal - Page 2 Empty Re: George Reported to Be on a Yacht in Dubai with Amal

Post by Sevens Thu 13 Mar 2014, 12:06

That's right. Many celebrities spend their holidays in Dubai.
Just curious why no pics or videos out yet...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:08

According to this man @MattRAllen, Our Hero has been spotted in LA.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:52

Ok, this guy has proven to be VERY mysterious!!

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Thu 13 Mar 2014, 14:56

rubyred wrote:Soon we'll have more info on GC and AA but till then it will be like Chinese water torture .... just drip, after drip, after drip of gossip till everyone is half crazy.

PS.. Hello catwoman ... hope all is well with you

Thanks darling! Wink 
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 14 Mar 2014, 02:17

Katiedot wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:Or despite all this discussion the original post that all this speculation is based upon could be a crock of shit.  :-)
 Apparently not.  An acquaintance of an acquaintance of mine (how's that for six degrees of separation!!) said he met George here in Dubai a couple of days ago.  No news on whether he's still here and the sudden arrival of more champagne totally distracted me from asking more questions.

that's it katie, focus on the important stuff! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 14 Mar 2014, 02:39

I give up! I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, or who he's doing it with! One of these days he'll resurface and we'll all know just what he wants us to know. Sometimes I think we need to hire Sherlock Holmes! Very Happy 

Katie - When the aquaintance of your aquaintance bumped into him was he alone?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 14 Mar 2014, 05:07

LizzyNY wrote:I give up! I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, or who he's doing it with! One of these days he'll resurface and we'll all know just what he wants us to know. Sometimes I think we need to hire Sherlock Holmes! Very Happy 

I'm glad you have an avatar now! Very Happy The Oscar winning moment! I've never seen that pic! I love you 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:07

LizzyNY wrote:I give up! I don't know where he is, or what he's doing, or who he's doing it with! One of these days he'll resurface and we'll all know just what he wants us to know. Sometimes I think we need to hire Sherlock Holmes! Very Happy 

Good question.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:20

Agreed, Lorna. So media-savvy is he that it is what he doesn't say that is important.......everything is there in the Yulia t-shirt in my view.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Mar 2014, 12:30

sadly
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 14 Mar 2014, 14:18

@Sevens - Thanks. The picture came from MSN's webpage. I love it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by marysunshine Fri 14 Mar 2014, 15:59

LizzyNY what photo??

marysunshine
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 14 Mar 2014, 16:37

Sorry, Marysunshine. Sevens was asking about my avatar.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 23:30

LornaDoone wrote:

Good question.

Yeah very good question..... Razz  Razz  Razz 

I guess Dubai is a nice spot for him to hide from the media  Cool
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Mar 2014, 00:55

Katie - Has he just been lucky, or don't they have paparazzi in Dubai? (Not that I want them to bother him, but it's hard to imagine a place without them.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 08:49

LizzyNY wrote:Katie - Has he just been lucky, or don't they have paparazzi in Dubai? (Not that I want them to bother him, but it's hard to imagine a place without them.)

Well they do not have free press in UAE, let alone paparazzis. Dubai is interesting pick for him and her. In many respect. One I can shed little light on is from my work angle. It can be just coincidence that she is the lawyer of you know who. And really just likes Dubai.

However, last week I read a memo, EU and US is planning on freezing accounts of hundreds of names, mainly Ukrainians that haven´t presented the appropriate documentation where the money comes from starting from year 2000. Note the year.

Now, what we have witnessed in past years is that "questionable" assets have been moved out of the USA and Europe. Dubai has no taxes and there is total freedom of funds movement.

I can confirm "some people" are sensing the hardening of financial borders. Under the uncertain cloud which is a globalized and tracked financial system, with ability to give "sanctions".

The Emire of Dubai has clearly said he doesn't want a middle class. They can all leave. He only wants rich elites. Russian went there first. Russian Oligarchs have been laundering money in the Dubai property market. But by now the flipper board is cleaned. Russian prostitutes are also all over the town. And a flood of UK banking and legal type wealth & "portfolio" managers moved there from the City of London. Some came here after heavy lay offs in UK, but many went to Dubai or Singapore, even Hong Kong. So there is service, market and will and most importantly banking secrecy.

This is not about Dubai only, FDI is little known outside the business world. Yet it represents a vital facet of the modern economy. FDI =Foreign Direct Investment. It statistics tells how much money overseas- interests have transferred into another nation. No nation can survive without FDI, and indeed FDI largely defines nation’s prosperity.

Well just reading the top ten above mentioned list, I can only hope EU and US puts no sanctions to anyone. They need the money, desperately.

Well back to Dubai as a holiday destination, in the athmosphere like that. I´d say business first, and then you can enjoy the sun too or shopping  cheers 

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 15 Mar 2014, 09:10

@Carla, I always learn soo much from your posts!

Always an insight into a fascinating world.

Thank you
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Mar 2014, 13:10

Carla - Thanks for the information. It seems like Dubai is the perfect place for the wealthy to hide their assets and protect their wealth from taxation at home.IMO it's out of character for George to do that, but when it comes to money - who knows?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 15:47

Some corrections I like to make Lizzy.

I didn´t mean him. No. Maybe he even wasn´t there.

I was referring his company and association.
How should I put this, what can I say, only what´s on news, to make it clearer - Last Friday Firtash (Ukrainian) was placed in "extradition custody" in Wien, Austria. FBI requested it.

What does it have to do with what I wrote? A lot.

It´s like musical chairs, again the available chair is in jail. Tymoschenko accused him financing both the president yanukovych who fled and surprise, surprise current PM Yatseniuk (who just visited the White House). I know, confusing for us. But not for Russians who are eastern slav themselves.

Who benefits from any of this? No one. These ongoing investigations on him or Tymoschenko or anyone won´t fix anything. At this point EU and US can only freeze the pocket money, little coins. But the harm is big. (Putin was handed an excuse to conquer not only crimea, but east and south of Ukraine. Hard line guy, he won´t back away. But will "help and protect the compatriots". The world will watch and learn this now. Cardinal mistake from west. And indeed very scary scenario...)

Everyone should concentrate on how to prevent it in the future for happening. Doesn´t seem to be in an agenda. What has happened, has happened, let it be. JMHO.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sat 15 Mar 2014, 19:05

I will only believe that it is there when a picture appears.

He is known worldwide and there are many tourists circulate, it is amazing that no one took a picture of it with all those camera phones that exist today.
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 15 Mar 2014, 21:34

Carla - Thank you again for the information. It is very interesting to get a deeper understanding of the situation in Ukraine. I read the articles you posted, and they reminded me that corrupt politicians exist everywhere. Unfortunately, when they are in power, there is little to be done to control them - and if you replace them there is no guarantee the next regime will be any better. People working in government become accustomed to the system they are in , and corruption can be very enticing and difficult to root out.

As for George, I know you weren't talking about him. I didn't mean to imply that he was using Dubai as a tax dodge, either. Just that if he isn't there for that reason, or other business reasons, why is he there? There are many places he could go to get away from it all, so, why Dubai?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 15 Mar 2014, 21:38

The reason could be just vacation. 
Dubai is one of the favorite touristic spots to be. Especially for Europeans. Dubai is booming.   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 17 Mar 2014, 05:49

LizzyNY wrote:don't they have paparazzi in Dubai? (Not that I want them to bother him, but it's hard to imagine a place without them.)
No and yes. There are plenty of photographers in Dubai, but they aren't like the paparazzi we're used to: they tend to show up only for events and things that they've been invited to.

George's biggest headache would be the international paparazzi who would happily fly out from London, Paris, wherever and try to stalk him down in Dubai.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pippilotta Mon 17 Mar 2014, 09:00

Hello to all. I am rather new here and mostly reading. That's my personality. I prefer listening to speaking. But sometimes  I like to express my opinion. I believe that a yacht is probably the best place for vacancies out off the limelight. So I wish him all the best and I am looking forward to many new and good projects. Very Happy
pippilotta
pippilotta
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 18 Mar 2014, 17:35

moved the posts about the vacation in Tanzania to a separate thread below

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 18 Mar 2014, 19:26

Hello Catwoman - welcome to the forum
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Tue 18 Mar 2014, 23:27

playfuldeb wrote:Hello Catwoman - welcome to the forum

tanks, darling!!

you are very friendly Wink 
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 19 Mar 2014, 00:59

@Pippilotta & @Catwoman
Welcome; hope that you find lots of George things here, there is lots.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Wed 19 Mar 2014, 01:06

Mazy wrote:@Pippilotta & @Catwoman
Welcome; hope that you find lots of George things here, there is lots.

yes, tanks  Wink 
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 19 Mar 2014, 01:34

Purrrrrrrr . Welcome catwoman .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 23 Apr 2014, 20:34

Moved the posts about the museum visit to here

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2