George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
February Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

February Chit Chat

+16
playfuldeb
Lighterside
Boshkash
it's me
Carla97
Lella_la_bella
amuserato
melbert
Katiedot
theminis
Nicky80
Joanna
silly girl
party animal - not!
LornaDoone
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

February Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: February Chit Chat

Post by theminis Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:00

I don't know Nicky - Ive lived in this town for over 30 years (except for the decade I spent running around the world) and its never been like this. We do have several firebugs they haven't caught who have been causing mayhem in our area for the last year - there is speculation that part of the fire was deliberately lit. Absolute disgrace, there are now 28 fires still burning with at least 7 being deliberately lit. Shameful

theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:12

Glad everything is well for you theminis.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Apparently when I got hit by the car last spring I had reprecussions of the whiplash that I was unaware of. My lining for my brain stem was damaged and I suffered a couple TIAs last summer, but since I dont have health insurance, I shrugged it off, and life went on. Then about Christmas my nose started running, not from a cold, but clear stuff, which again, I shrugged off thinking it would go away, and then the brain stem stroke. Which sent me to a hosp, and on medical coverage thru the state. That is where the damage was found. However, the doctors do not know what to do about it. So I was sent home. But I am truly Blessed, as the only side effect is constantly light-headed. And for the first time in my life I have to take pills every day. But Im not complaining. Things can only get better every day !!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:17

Oh playful, nice to hear from you again. Sorry to hear you have to go all through that. It sounds awful and I really hope you get better soon.  Hug1  I wish you all the positive thing in life you wish for
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:23

Thanks :- ) Sometimes the headaches are killer, and it sucks, so I sleep alot. But then I tell myself that I am indeed lucky to be alive, and it keeps me going!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:40

Glad to see you back Deb. Keep getting better!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:46

Oh Deb...that's sounds very painful.  I'm so sorry to hear about it and I'll light a candle for you to return to good health.  Keep your chin up, although I must say, you are amazing in how you've kept your spirits up through all of this!  

Is this similar to the injury that George suffered?  It certainly sounds similar and so do some of your symptoms (headaches and nose leakage from the brain).
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:52

I have no idea. The doctors at the county hospital don't know yet how to "fix me", so time will tell. But I hope they hurry !! One of my pills keeps me from clotting, so even a good bump, causing a bruise, could make me bleed to death if I dont go to the hosp! Life is interesting, isn't it?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:56

Life is always a challenge but you will manage. Life is a journey to learn how to deal with challenging things. You get through it. Be patient and believe in yourself that you will get through it. And there is nothing wrong with it when you wake up in the morning and say "Life sucks today" ...let it out  Very Happy  every day is different.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 10 Feb 2014, 00:00

Great to hear from you Playful, not so good about the headaches, but you have seen a silver lining, good on you xx
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 10 Feb 2014, 00:43

Thanks for the sweet words. And BIG thanks to Joanna who has been there for me thru-out it all, and still gives me daily support!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:40

http://www.guardachevideo.it/video/1210/il-meglio-delle-persone-straordinarie-2013-2014

This video makes you feel energetic.
Great way to kickstart week.
Posted by a friend.
Smile

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 10 Feb 2014, 12:30

playfuldeb wrote:I have no idea. The doctors at the county hospital don't know yet how to "fix me", so time will tell. But I hope they hurry !! One of my pills keeps me from clotting, so even a good bump, causing a bruise, could make me bleed to death if I dont go to the hosp! Life is interesting, isn't it?

You might want to mention it to the doctors.  The fluid excreting through your nose is exactly what was happening with George and the doctors didn't know then what was wrong with him either.  It was ten years ago now and I don't remember the details, maybe one of the other girls will remember, but they didn't diagnose it for some time and they eventually did an MRI, I think, and then discovered the tear in the Dura Mater, which is what was causing the brain stem fluid to leak through his nose.  He had severe almost blinding headaches as well.  It's worth mentioning to them...it might at least point them in the right direction.  

Keep the faith Deb...

Last edited by Lighterside on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 12:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction in spelling)
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Mon 10 Feb 2014, 13:42

I am absolutely in awe of this brave young man.  His light will shine through all the darkness, ugliness and hatred experienced by so many young gays, hiding in the shadows, afraid they don't belong anywhere.  For a young and upcoming football player, to have the bravery to be open and honest about his own life and this highly emotionally charged issue over fairness and equality for all in the LGBT community is outstanding.  It exhibits a great strength of character.

Michael Sam Comes Out As Gay: Missouri Football Star Could Be 1st Openly Gay NFL Player
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 10 Feb 2014, 20:00

we all with you  Hug1 Play!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 11 Feb 2014, 04:20

Sending you lots of love with warm wishes, Playful!

February Chit Chat - Page 2 Il_57010
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 11 Feb 2014, 04:33

I am so sorry Deb I didn't know you were going through so much. Sending you hugs and prayers....you are very brave and strong....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 11 Feb 2014, 04:48

Playful, in case you are reading and not logged in.

You have PM.

I love you 
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 12 Feb 2014, 11:49

playfuldeb wrote:I have no idea. The doctors at the county hospital don't know yet how to "fix me", so time will tell. But I hope they hurry !! One of my pills keeps me from clotting, so even a good bump, causing a bruise, could make me bleed to death if I dont go to the hosp! Life is interesting, isn't it?
Oh dear God. Hope you get better soon and yes, this does sound so much like George's symptoms, doesn't it?

Big hugs and warm wishes.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 12 Feb 2014, 12:52

Thought I'd share the story below - this is what our firefighters in Victoria are made of - so proud of their immense effort over the last week, and they are still fighting hard. Going with some friends tomorrow to a staging area to drop off some food/drinks etc for all the Emergency personnel who are working so hard. So many people in my community have donated clothes/toys/etc to those who have lost their homes, its emotional, sad, but incredibly uplifting to see such spirit.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2014/02/12/12/59/victorian-firefighter-leaves-touching-note-to-homeowner
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 13 Feb 2014, 02:39

As guilty as I am of hijacking the Chit Chat threads with my at times boring family tales - Im doing it again.

My beautiful bella lost her very first tooth last night, she was so excited, and wore her nightie to bed that says I do believe in fairies, I do, I do. So absolutely mind blowingly adorably cute is she with her front tooth missing. I know in the scheme of things its so blah blah to some, but to me its another milestone and another memory for me to smile about...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 09:36

Coolio 

I never "lost" a tooth overnight. I always pulled them out when they got loose. It was a bloody mission   No
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:48

She lost her tooth just before bedtime (in time for the tooth fairy to visit I suspect).

Last year my eldest accidentally swallowed his tooh, then ran to first aid at school, he was crying and upset. They thought maybe he scratched his throat but no his distress was due to the fact that he was certain the tooth fairy was not going to leave him any money as she wouldn't know where his tooth was!! Kids they make you laugh.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Thu 13 Feb 2014, 13:21

Oh the minis...cherish those moments!  So precious those little ones are and so generous sharing their time and their thoughts/hopes/dreams!   They grow so fast and then before you know it, your youngest is working on his doctorate in cancer research and they don't have 5 minutes to spend because they're working so hard and living life to the fullest and you better be happy with a "Hi Mom, Dad...how's it going?" text, once in a blue moon!  

Oh sorry, I just made that about me! LOL  Very Happy
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 13 Feb 2014, 23:33

Thats true Lighterside - Ive heard the same from all my older siblings - One of my family members teared up a little when my hubby came home and all 3 kids ran to hug and kiss him - my family member said to me "I remember those days, I miss it - now if I get a sentence out of my teenager that's a miracle". I soak up as much of these lovely moments as I can - and as you can see tell everyone about them!! LOL
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 14 Feb 2014, 13:27

I love to read those too theminis, it brings me back to wonderful times of a house full of laughter and noise and all that goes with having happy, active, healthy children in the home.  Thanks for sharing your memories with us!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 14 Feb 2014, 15:07

A Good News story.....

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/princes-help-flood-sandbag-effort-1

William and Harry help flooded town

27 minutes ago  By Press Association

The Duke of Cambridge and his brother Prince Harry have joined colleagues from the armed forces in helping to defend a town from the floods that have brought misery to much of southern England.

William and Harry worked from 6am in Datchet, Berkshire, helping with the supply of sandbags.

Homeowners have been desperate to get the flood defences as they struggle to protect their properties.

The private visit was unannounced but television camermen and photographers followed the pair once news of their work spread at around 11am.

When Harry was asked by reporters if he was enjoying helping out, he replied:
"Not really, with you guys around."

The royal brothers, who were dressed in waterproofs and wellington boots, were seen forming part of a human chain unloading sandbags from an Army vehicle and putting them on to the back of a train wagon.

A spokesman from Kensington Palace said: "They wanted to show their support for the flood victims and have joined the armed forces relief effort."

A Guardian reporter said he was asked by William: "Why don't you put your notebook down and give us a hand with the sandbags?"

But when the journalist agreed to help, aides said he was not wearing the appropriate clothing to carry out the role.

William and Harry have served in the military and Harry is still an officer with the Household Cavalry, who have been tasked to help out with flood relief.

Graham Leaver, clerk at Datchet Parish Council, said: "They were very involved and wanting to know what was going on.

"They have been in Datchet and the area and I think it's gone down very well. That is my assessment.

"They were very natural. To be honest, they could have walked in among people here and nobody would have recognised them looking at the way they were dressed.

"They came into our parish office and it took most of us a few minutes to realise they were there. They were particularly interested in talking to the troops. The support we have received from the Army has been absolutely excellent and if they hadn't come into Datchet we as a parish would have been overwhelmed."

He added: "We are all very grateful for the support we have had."

Not only have William and Harry been providing practical help to flood victims but so has the Queen.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "The Queen is supporting Somerset farmers affected by the flooding on the Somerset Levels by contributing feed and bedding from the royal farms at Windsor."
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 18:02

"As guilty as I am of hijacking the Chit Chat threads with my at times boring family tales - Im doing it again." I for one love to read the personal tales, never boring, NO!

So I guess this is a day to help flood victims, and chocolate, flowers, wining & dining elsewhere...

Not here. (now it gets personal and boring, just skip and ignore it).

I don´t know what I should be... I haven´t heard from him since he went on his trip. We are not "dating", I´m not his girlfriend. I said we can be like "new friends" and he agreed (I think). He has known all along that he is going to be away for a month, but told me that just before leaving. I have keys to his place (to spend weekends), which is really nice. His phone was there. It´s not only that he won´t contact me, but I could not contact him, even if I wanted to.

So my friend (that´s what the friends are for) said there are 3 possibilities: 1) he made a disappearance act (I would be thinking about him, wondering what happened and as a result be more interested in him) 2) he has an other woman/women 3) he is drunk and partying all days and nights, voice would reveal him so he doesn´t call.

Great. With my luck it´s all of those and more, Carla´s Grand Slam!  Razz 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 14 Feb 2014, 20:01

My instinct says number 2....ask any male friend ?
Plus....he probably has more than one phone.

Remember from Kiss Me Kate.....?
"Men are deceiver's ever"

PS....Key to his place ? No No No....keep away !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 14 Feb 2014, 23:31

Graham Norton show tonight was hysterical !!

Matt, Bill & Hugh, drinking Champagne and bouncing off each other all the time.
A real tonic.
Matt said "This is the best time I've ever had on a talk show"   He's here for the BAFTAS on Sunday.

It will be on you tube soon.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Fri 14 Feb 2014, 23:47

You are probably right Joanna.
Male friends, well collegues of mine (all men) have said a different thing. It´s even more alarming. Can´t go into it.

I never thought of it. I have seen him or heard from him ever since I went to see this holiday rental chalet. So I assumed I would hear from him when he leaves for Sochi.

No I don´t know the kiss me Kate and I´d still like to think all men are not deceiver´s. I guess I´m wrong though.

His place, yes, sounds serious, but is not, it´s his chalet, awesome view, location and place. Mind blowing.

Bottom line, I don´t like this. So... Smile 

Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 15 Feb 2014, 00:05

Try not to sell yourself short Carla.

If you treat people in a respectful way, then don't accept anything less in the way that you're being treated.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 15 Feb 2014, 00:10

Good advice Joanna, good advice! Thanks.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:20

look what they did !!

http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/fotografie-di-cronaca/dog-named-george-clooney-poses-for-his-close-up-fotografie-di-cronaca/469400431
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Feb 2014, 11:36

it's me wrote:look what they did !!

http://www.gettyimages.it/detail/fotografie-di-cronaca/dog-named-george-clooney-poses-for-his-close-up-fotografie-di-cronaca/469400431

He he he he......He's a good looking chap.....High Maintenance though !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by amuserato Sun 16 Feb 2014, 13:27

I'll SAY. All the grooming products? Sheesh.
Just teaching him to heel would be a nightmare...

Oh. OH!
You meant the dog!
 Wink Very Happy 
amuserato
amuserato
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 16 Feb 2014, 13:55

Sofa bounce Coolio lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 19 Feb 2014, 04:25

just because...

February Chit Chat - Page 2 Opinio10
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Wed 19 Feb 2014, 12:07

melbert wrote:just because...

February Chit Chat - Page 2 Opinio10

Excellent Mel!  Thumbs up! 
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Feb 2014, 20:23

Got to love Cosmo! Very Happy

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/hot-guys/olympic-bulges?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1440_44750591#slide-1
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 20:30

Funny, those cat suits really do not do any favours... were they all men?  Razz 
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 19 Feb 2014, 23:22

Okay, just thrown up my breakfast, men/women in way too tight pants of any kind is never a good look - blah
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 19 Feb 2014, 23:38

Speaking of Americans/New York etc on the other thread,- last night we went out to dinner and at the next table heard the unmistakable American accent, so hubby gets up and just waltzes over to them and introduces himself. We then spent the next 20 minutes chatting to them.

They were from Southern California and were here for a friends wedding, so decided to extend their stay and do the tourist thing. They were really interesting to talk too, very chatty and funny guys.

The highlight of the conversation for me, was when my 8 year old asked one of them, did you just say you live in California?, do you know George Clooney?. So funny, cause he thinks everyone loves George Clooney - but I got a shock when he looked at my son and said yes I do - to which said son screams, he knows Batman, well not really Batman cause hes just an actor.

Turns out both men are pilots for various companies like Tag Huer and this particular man has flown George Clooney around the globe a few times.

So it is a small world after all -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Feb 2014, 23:40

Is anyone actually watching the incredibly brave and spectacular winter Olympic athletes ?
They are wonderful.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 19 Feb 2014, 23:50

I have the Olympics on by default as my 4 year old is obsessed at the moment and wants to watch all the events. I have been watching Torah Bright and figure skating but that's the extent of it.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Feb 2014, 00:35

FanBots at the BAFTAS....Imagine in the future being able to chat to George on the red carpet via one of
these !!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K8W51IpdauU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DK8W51IpdauU

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Thu 20 Feb 2014, 00:55

@ Carla...so what happened, I only just read your post from 14th, .....the date is significant ?

What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 20 Feb 2014, 01:43

Well, TheMinis, you need to train all 3 MiniMes to ask those questions!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:32

theminis wrote:The highlight of the conversation for me, was when my 8 year old asked one of them, did you just say you live in California?, do you know George Clooney?.  So funny, cause he thinks everyone loves George Clooney -  but I got a shock when he looked at my son and said yes I do - to which said son screams, he knows Batman, well not really Batman cause hes just an actor.  

Turns out both men are pilots for various companies like Tag Huer and this particular man has flown George Clooney around the globe a few times.  

So it is a small world after all -
Annnnnd? What did he say about George?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 20 Feb 2014, 02:47

Oh sorry Katiedot - not being secretive at all - didn't mention the detail of the conversation as its pretty much what Ive always suspected anyhow - that he is really easy to be around, never makes a fuss, good to laugh with and at times has appeared quite reserved - not aloof at all but needing some downtime. He then said if he didn't know if was George Clooney then he wouldn't know it was The George Clooney as he is just your everyday easy going type of person, no airs or graces. I think hubby got their email addresses as it turns out one of pilots lives in the same town as hubbys relative and knows him quite well.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 20 Feb 2014, 04:49

WOW TheMinis, that means that you'rethisclose to George now!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next