George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at dinner in London

+31
fava
isogotit
GiGi
Butterfly
Carla97
Philippago
Mazy
ktsue2002
JPW
melbert
Aruna
LornaDoone
jluna2011
Rachel
pattygirl
lelacorb
party animal - not!
amaretti
ginga
Doug Ross
Joanna
phys major
Atalante
it's me
What Would He Say
silly willy
annemarie
Maggy
Nicky80
silly girl
35 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney at dinner in London

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:36

That's okay, Nicky.

In my view this is all about Al Bashir and Sudan with the very best legal brains around who could advise on the subject, and possibly take the case further.

Anything else is on the periphery.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney at dinner in London - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney at dinner in London

Post by Butterfly Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:13

melbert wrote:International Law and Human Rights barrister Amal Alamuddin
Melbert, you are a genius Very Happy  It is not easy to find an identity simply by looking at the picture....Thanx.

I like the idea of GC dating educated and knowledgeable women. This means that he likes intellectual conversations and appreciates a women not only  for her outside looks.

As for this debate on whether this was a date or a professional meeting....I think it might have been a date because of how she is dressed. However, the motive might have been human rights, Darfur, legal issues etc.....it may be both. Also, I do not think it is right to seek romance all the times he meets a lady. People gather, talk, exchange ideas, laugh....for numerous reasons.
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:15

party animal - not! wrote:The man with his back to the camera is likely to be Geoffrey Robinson, QC, who is head of the law firm that Amal Alamuddin works for. He's married to Kathy Lette, the Australian author
What's your source ? alien

Interesting books, ... Laughing  LINK
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:21

I don't know about a date there is someone else there so maybe not As for how she is dressed if you go out to dinner you dress up so I think that explains how she is dressed. There is just no explaining her taste in ugly footwear though.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:39

Yes there is, eastern folks love bling bling, glittering, sparkling stuff, ... yeps ! Basketball 

A date with two laywers isn't really romantic is it ? study Doh! 
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:45

No, it isn't Atalante, but if he's their client, he's got the best in the business there.

And the dress code for lawyers is often discreet, and they may have come straight from a meeting at their offices

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 27 Oct 2013, 13:49

So wait, did you gals marry him off yet? any thoughts on where the nuptials may take place? surely he was proposing to her that night. They just needed a third person there, to be a witness, to George's proposal, just encase he try's to back out. Middle Easterners take these things very seriously!
Explain's the Red Dress!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sun 27 Oct 2013, 14:05

Oh and Carla don't be hard on yourself some of the most miraculous things have happened to average people (not that you are) Look at Mother Mary!Very Happy Very Happy 
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 27 Oct 2013, 14:53

Atalante wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:The man with his back to the camera is likely to be Geoffrey Robinson, QC, who is head of the law firm that Amal Alamuddin works for. He's married to Kathy Lette, the Australian author
What's your source ? alien

Interesting books, ... Laughing  LINK
Oh, I did not see this before....If the head of the law firm was present as well, it is so obvious it wasn't a date. It was legal advice over dinner.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 27 Oct 2013, 15:02

Carla 97 - pls do not feel down or discourage yourself. I don't like it.  Sad  We should not compare ourselves to others. Every person is authentic and beautiful, and anybody is able to move the mountains. Have faith!I love you I believe in you.This big
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Oct 2013, 15:55

I don't know why folks here keep insisting this is a date.

It's very obviously a dinner that was most likely either fact finding, background or strategy meeting regarding Sudan - based on her background.

That you all want to make more of it is puzzling to me.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sun 27 Oct 2013, 16:05

Something profound would have had to taken place within George. I can't imagine this was a romantic date.IMHO Won\'t share
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:04

Doug Ross wrote:She's not his kind of girl.
I agree, not George's kind. Too me she looks older than George.
isogotit
isogotit

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:18

isogotit wrote:
Doug Ross wrote:She's not his kind of girl.
I agree, not George's kind. Too me she looks older than George.
I don't think she's older than him... Maybe she's 40

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:22

She is not a girl she is a woman , she looks about 40. It was a business meeting don't believe it was a date at all.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:28

His wife was older too. A couple of years actually.

That never stopped him marrying her.

Canalis, Keibler & Jakisic all look like they're in their 40s.

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by GiGi Sun 27 Oct 2013, 17:50

I find myself asking Would George bring her home to Rande and Cindy? Bring on Monika. Under the weather 
GiGi
GiGi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:15

GiGi wrote:I find myself asking Would George bring her home to Rande and Cindy? Bring on Monika. Under the weather 
Why? Does he need their seal of approval who he dates?  He did that and chose Stacy Keibler & look at how devoid of genuine happiness you say she felt the last two years in a quasi relationship.  Same applies to him.  What price to pay to please others?  Rolling Eyes 

Rande & Cindy Crawford stand more to gain by Clooney's high profile friendship than vice versa. CC is a former model & pretty much  B-list these days. Rande is usually described as "her husband" in the media.
They need George's high profile more than he needs them.

Last edited by Ocean on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos on iPad.)

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:21

Ocean wrote:His wife was older too. A couple of years actually.

That never stopped him marrying her.

Canalis, Keibler & Jakisic all look like they're in their 40s.

Yes, his wife was older, but she was in her early 30s at the time.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by ... Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:38

So was he. And he's in his 50s now.

Last edited by Ocean on Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:39; edited 1 time in total

Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:39

I can't believe already on page 3 over one dinner in London !

Letting off steam 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:41

Joanna wrote:I can't believe already on page 3 over one dinner in London !

Letting off steam 
I agree, a bit worrying Very Happy 
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Oct 2013, 18:58

I've been commenting basically the same thing. We get off the wagon, finally seem to agree it wasn't a date and then someone else comes on, expresses doubts and starts this up again.

Folks it had to be a business dinner which was over two nights ago. chill.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Oct 2013, 19:48

Fava and Ocean, George was 28 and Talia 30 when they married in 1989.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 27 Oct 2013, 20:39

Hey, it´s bon vivant, eh? A bit complicated, nuanced, conflicting minefield to navigate at times, but bon bon. Just act like you have been there before. Very Happy 

I had to watch cricket today (at my friends house). I´m sure even the best character actresses couldn´t pretend to be enthusiastic and enjoy that sport. It was so boring that it worked. Jesus.

I wasn´t thinking about this dinner that maybe was not a date after all, or anything, but how, at the beach, ocean refuses to stop kissing the shorelines no matter how many times it’s sent away...
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Oct 2013, 21:24

you a poet!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 27 Oct 2013, 22:01

How do you get him marrying from a business dinner. Which this obviously was.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Oct 2013, 22:08

mah... strange but... it's really like that
are we so worried about his love life or we don't want to care about OUR business? I dunno 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Oct 2013, 22:46

This thread keeps meandering all over the place. It's about dinner in London. Other than that is really wasting time. And yes, it's me you make a good point.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 Oct 2013, 00:57

Can I just say that I hate it when people say
"Jesus" as a form of expressing their frustration.
It offends me personally.
I'd rather hear something like "What the fuck" instead.

Rant over.
Good night 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Oct 2013, 01:39

OK can we GET BACK ON TOPIC?

George, Dinner, London. Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 28 Oct 2013, 02:29

Dinner OVER!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 28 Oct 2013, 08:22

Joanna wrote:Can I just say that I hate it when people say
"Jesus" as a form of expressing their frustration.
It offends me personally.
I'd rather hear something like "What the fuck" instead.

Rant over.
Good night 
Thanks for saying it. xx
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 28 Oct 2013, 13:01

Since we can't seem to keep this topic on topic we're locking it for now. Thanks for all your comments.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 11 Mar 2021, 22:28

Just feeling nostalgic and revisiting this thread.  How time has flown.  Sigh.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 11 Mar 2021, 23:46

Yes time has flown , they have been married 6 1/2 years and the twins will be four in June.
George said himself no one was more surprised at him getting married than him. George
definitely is the poster child of never say never.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri 12 Mar 2021, 14:14

I honestly can't believe it's been 7 years.  I remember some of these posts like it was only a few years back.  I still can't get my head round the idea that George isn't going to turn up on a red carpet with another random showgirl/stripper/wannabe model/party girl.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Missa likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 12 Mar 2021, 16:43

Mm, little did we know he'd been writing to her for months, had just been at the Abbey Road

with the London Philharmonic, and shortly after that would be hiding out in her flat for weeks in

Notting Hill!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 12 Mar 2021, 20:35

Thanks for that blast to the past!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 13 Mar 2021, 10:40

LizzyNY wrote:It seems like yesterday. We were so sure it was nothing but a business dinner. Boy, were we wrong! Very Happy Seven years and 2 kids later and they're still going strong. Just goes to show you, you never know what's really happening in someone else's life.

It made me a little sad to see the names of posters we don't hear from any more. I hope they're all well and happy. I'm afraid we've lost Joanna in more ways than one.

(Sorry. I meant to post this to "George has dinner in London" but it turned up here. I don't know how to move it back. Embarassed )

Here you go, LizzyNY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 13 Mar 2021, 15:52

Give Flowers Thanks, Katie! All these years later and I'm still a Luddite! Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3