George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013

+44
The next mrs clooney
Barbara Garabedian
sarah ali
premiere
Dior
hathaross
cindigirl
Lighterside
George Fan
amaretti
madsky
macs
Cynisca
Margaret
laetval
waewaewae
lelacorb
janieb
Best in Category
lucy
very vera
pandabear
niloufar
Missa
playfuldeb
Maggy
lovelylois
monaco
Pink Ice 1990
bunny
lolo"layla"
suebee
theminis
OofOof
melbert
Atalante
Picachu
LornaDoone
Joanna
msadrienne
annemarie
silly girl
party animal - not!
Katiedot
48 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013

Post by Missa Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:25

OofOof wrote:Funny story. Watching the Globes with my sister. She's going thru pics from the Globe on her iPad. She got to one of George and Stacy and said "is that George's niece?". Absolute truth! Almost spit my tea out. I told her no that's his girlfriend and her response was, "she kind of makes him look older, don't you think?

Hee. Amy Poehler makes him look EXACTLY RIGHT. Just sayin'. Very Happy
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013 - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney & Stacy Keibler at the Golden Globes, 13 January 2013

Post by silly girl Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:25

Funny story indeed Oof Oof---

Ben was very nervous---he was sweet with Jen Gardner....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:32

And Jennifer just mentioned how Ben forgot to thank George and Grant. Poor guy, he still looks nervous. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:40

I think Ben is in shock. When he did not get the oscar nom, I bet he was thinking that he did not have a chance. I think it was lucky Jen had a change to thank George and Grant. You always want to thank the guys who got you the money.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:42

When Ben didn't in his speech, I thought he was just so nervous, but glad that Jen "saved his bacon"!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:44

Off topic, sorry but Jodie Fosters speech just blew me away, now that is classy!!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:55

What was up with his head bobbling around while he was presenting ?LOL bobble bobble bobble LOL

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 03:58

Me too Minis! I love Jodie Foster. And she still looks wonderful! And Julia just came on stage. She looks lovely as well.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:01

Congratulations to Argo cheers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:02

Wow Argo won....I think the Oscars are wide open....they might give best picture to argo because of the director diss....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:05

WOW! Just WOW!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:08

Think Ben is in shock. Good for Grant and George.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:09

I really enjoyed watching Argo, so glad for Ben and company that it received real recognition
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:12

tHANK YOU EVERYBODY FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND. WILL GET A FEW HOURS SLEEP NOW.

HUGELY DESERVED WIN

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:18

Great wins for Argo, so happy for all. Loved watching this year so many new first. George,Grant, and Stacey, looked good, loved Jodie's speech it's about time she came out, not that it's anyone's business but hers, but I'm happy she shared.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:24

From Wireimage
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:38

Some comments from backstage:

BEN AFFLECK, Best Director, Best Picture, Argo

Addressing his Oscars snub, the filmmaker said he’s still “an enormous admirer of the academy,” and joked, “I also didn’t get the acting nomination, no one is saying I got snubbed there!” Affleck’s co-producer George Clooney joked that he hired him because he “was cheap,” but went on to add, ”I can’t tell you how proud we are to have worked with him. And how much I hate him.” And, referring to Affleck’s up-and-down career, Clooney said, “He was in actor jail for a couple if years. It’s how you handle yourself when things are not going well. He directed himself out of it.” The veteran actor also said he was “disappointed” by Affleck’s Oscar snub, saying, “He should have been nominated.”

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:41

lucy wrote:Great wins for Argo, so happy for all. Loved watching this year so many new first. George,Grant, and Stacey, looked good, loved Jodie's speech it's about time she came out, not that it's anyone's business but hers, but I'm happy she shared.
Yes, everyone looked just gorgeous!
I loved Jen's dress, she is so pretty.

So many people there tonight that I love and was happy to see them win.

Daniel Craig, Daniel Day-Lewis, and Bradly Cooper looked very handsome. Love their acting skills. I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:50

Nobody posted pictures? Sheesh!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:52

He's leaning away in all of the pics with Stacy in them

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:56

My father had bad knees and used to stand exactly the way George is in some of those pics. Wonder if his back is causing problems. I can't imagine how hard it would be to be on the red carpet and at the event, then at parties after if you were hurting.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 04:58

BEN AFFLECK AND GEORGE CLOONEY HAM IT UP AFTER BIG ARGO WIN

Posted Jan 13 2013 - 8:47pm by Molly Goodson

Ben Affleck · George Clooney · Golden Globe Awards · Argo
Ben Affleck, George Clooney, and the rest of the Argo crew stepped backstage to celebrate their huge Golden Globes Best Picture and Best Director Drama wins this evening. Ben and George joked around with each other and played off the Osar snub with humble thanks for tonight's honors. Ben even made a crack about the best actor emission that no one was talking about. Ben also gave a sweet shout out to costar and good friend Victor Garber for marring him and Jennifer Garner.

Ben on his Globes win and Oscars snub: "This is a purely wonderful night. I'm really grateful for this. We got nomnated for 7 Oscars includeing best picture; I was thrilled. If you cant be happy with that, your prospects for long term happiness are pretty damned. I'm elated. I'm the happiest guy in the world. Listen. I am a memeber of the academy. The academy is made up of people who made the movies who are nominatd that we love. I am thrilled to get this acknowledgement."

George Clooney on having Ben direct: "He was cheap and available, like we like them. He was in actor jail for a couple of years. We've all done it — I was in Batman and Robin. It's how you handle youself when you get there. He directed his way out of this. I can't tell you how proud we are to have worked with him and how much I hate him."

Ben on who should see Argo: "I think this is a movie for all audience. I mean I would take my kid, because I dont want her repeating the F word aroud the house."

George on Ben's Oscar snub: "I was disapponted. I think he did a phenominal job with the film and I think he should have been nominted, but hes stil nominated for next picture. We got seven nominations and he did an amazing job. It all hapened beacuse of what he put together. We're not out of the water altogether. It's not dead yet."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:00

Great photos
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:03

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:10

Ben Affleck and George Clooney, two of Hollywood’s biggest leading actors, reunited at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards and celebrated Affleck’s Best Director win for “Argo.” On Jan. 13, Ben Affleck defeated fellow directors Kathryn Bigelow, Ang Lee, Steven Spielberg and Quentin Tarantino and said graciously during his acceptance speech, “These nominees are exceptional talent.”

He then went on to thank troops serving overseas, Warner Brothers, his exceptional cast and crew, his three children and wife Jennifer Garner. “You are my everything,” he added emotionally. "Argo" also won the night's biggest award for Best Motion Picture - Drama.

“Argo” chronicles the daring 1979 rescue of six U.S. diplomats, which was led by CIA operative Tony Mendez. Affleck directed the 5-time Golden Globes nominated movie and George Clooney served as one of the film’s producers. Unfortunately, Affleck forgot to thank Clooney during his speech, but Garner did so when she presented a different award several minutes later.

On the red carpet, Clooney told Ryan Seacrest that he found an article about the daring rescue and developed it into a script. Affleck signed on five years later and “Argo” was born.

Concerning Affleck, Clooney said on Sunday night, “He’s a real gentleman and very talented.” George attended the Golden Globes with girlfriend Stacy Keibler and sat next to Ben during the awards.

George Clooney is no stranger to the Golden Globes. He won Best Actor in 2011 for “The Descendants,” Best Supporting Actor in 2004 for “Syrianna,” and Best Actor in 2000 for “O Brother, Where Art Thou?” He was also nominated in 1995, 1996 and 1997 for his TV work on “ER.”

“Argo” was nominated for Best Drama Motion Picture, along with “Django Unchained,” “Life of Pi,” “Lincoln,” and “Zero Dark Thirty.” It was also nominated for Best Director, Screenplay, Score and Best Supporting Actor. Interestingly enough, Affleck was overlooked and completely snubbed by the Academy for an Oscar. When asked how he felt about "Argo" being nominated for five Golden Globes, he replied, "It kind of blows me away. It's like a dream."

Every year, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, which includes 90 members from 55 countries, votes on its choices for the annual Golden Globes Awards. Often considered the precursor to the Oscars, the Golden Globes pulls in an impressive international TV audience. Last year’s ceremony was watched by 250 international viewers in more than 198 countries worldwide. It is one of the few awards ceremonies that spans both television and motion picture achievements.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:15

'She's the reason I'm standing here': Underdog Ben Affleck pays tribute to wife Jennifer Garner as he takes home best director and best picture Golden Globes for Argo after Oscars snub

By BAZ BAMIGBOYE and ASSOCIATED PRESS REPORTER

14 January 2013

The Iran hostage thriller Argo was a surprise best drama winner at Sunday's Golden Globes, beating out the Civil War epic Lincoln, which had emerged as an awards-season favourite.

Argo also claimed the directing prize for Ben Affleck, a prize that normally bodes well for an Academy Award win - except he missed out on an Oscar nomination this time.

Affleck's now in an unusual position during Hollywood's long awards season, taking home the top filmmaking trophy at the second-highest film honors knowing he does not have a shot at an Oscar.

Victory is his! Ben Affleck won Best Director for Argo

And the night left Argo taking home the top prize at the Globes but standing as a longshot for best picture at the February 24 Oscars, where films almost never win if their directors are not nominated.

Power couple: Affleck grabbed Garner for a quick kiss, and thanked her when he made his speech for Best Director

Stunning: Jennifer Garner, in a Vivienne Westwood Couture gown, took the stage before her husband's big win

Producer/director: Affleck and producer George Clooney congratulated each other Jan. 10th after they accepted the Best Picture prize for Argo at the Critics' Choice Award

Power couple: Ben and Jen walk the red carpet in Beverly Hills before the award ceremony

'Look, I don't care what the award is. When they put your name next to the names she just read off, it's an extraordinary thing in your life,' Affleck said.

Les Miserables was named best musical or comedy, while Hugh Jackman and Anne Hathaway claimed acting prizes.

Besides the three wins for Les Miserables and two for Argo, the show was a mixed bag, with awards spreads around a number of films. Lincoln came in leading with seven nominations but lost all but one, for Daniel Day-Lewis as best actor in the title role of Lincoln.

Apologies to Ben Affleck fans, but there are sooo many photos from the awards that I'm really just pulling the ones with George in.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:16

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:37

Great argo!

And georgeous couple in perfect harmony.

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:47

Trolling Twitter and the ER reunion and the stunt with Amy Poehler are big hits....

He was very sweet with JM.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:52

Missed the "reunion.". But did see the stunt with Amy P. He looked like his charming self.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 05:53

OofOof wrote:Missed the "reunion.".
Scroll up: I posted the video two posts up.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:29

Soooo happy for Ben, George and Grant! I'm torn now between Les Miserables and Argo for Best Picture at the Oscars!!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:50

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 06:54

pics here

&ep=1/60/1&s=3][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:07

The winning moment:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][youtube][/youtube]
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:17

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 14 Jan 2013, 07:25

lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by waewaewae Mon 14 Jan 2013, 08:10

This must be the first time I've seen him relax and happy in an award show. lol Less pressure on him this time, I guess. Congrats to the Argo team !

waewaewae
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 14 Jan 2013, 08:40

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 14 Jan 2013, 08:44

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:15

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:24

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Margaret Mon 14 Jan 2013, 09:34

stacy could have put the effort in and got her hair coloured, the regrowth is bad. She didn't put any effort in her hair and her dress is way too small for her. her boobs are going to pop out of that dress.
Margaret
Margaret
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:08

Thank you everyone for posting lovely picture and videos. X X
SO lovely to see G and J together again like that.

So pleased that Argo did so well and pleased with
our Brits awards too.
Our man looked relaxed and happy and I think Stacy's look was just right, understated and natural.
She looked tons better than a lot of the actresses on the red carpet ! IMO.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:09

More pictures of GEORGE CLOONEY:

What is George pointing at?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:45

I prefer the prestige of the Academy Awards. The most revered of all film industry accolades Very Happy
Congratulations to Ben Affleck for best director win. And to the whole Argo team.

George & Stacey exude a boring couple image as usual.
No chemistry. No balance. No emotion.

Very elegant Armani dress, though. I read on another blog that horizontal stripes are supposed to give the optical illusion of being shorter.
However she still looks like she towers over George. Her back & shoulders are broader than his.
Her fake hair extensions are so obvious. Not a natural look.

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:46

I admit I didn't watch but I've read that's the quote from Tina Fay introducing George that night, I though it was cute (and I do agree with her !) : "This next presenter is so good-looking, he makes young George Clooney look like garbage. Please welcome, middle-aged George Clooney."
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:50

Lovely pictures of George's usual arrival manner....greeting the fans.
He does show how much he values them at these events, which is always a joy to see.

Great to see the LA sunshine too as we now have soft snow in UK !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by madsky Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:54

Great night for Argo, Ben and all!!!!! Wonderful to see, since I really enjoyed that movie. Funny and enjoyable to watch award show to boot.

Hoping the best for Academy Awards as Seth McFarlane and Emma Stone were pretty funny at the announcements. That show has a tendency to drag on, but I do love it.

I love that dress on Stacy. You have to be tall to pull that off, and her stylist is definitely liking her as some say.

I do hope the trend of hair extension dies soon. Just tired of it. Such an expensive and allusive trend for the average woman. Stacy's aren't great, not the worse I have seen, but just blah. Maybe her stylist needs to start getting on the hairdresser a bit.

madsky
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next