George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

+50
PigPen
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Silje
bgarabedian
NewFanForever
Carla97
NotAvailable
isogotit
Juliette Hardy
annemarie
Barbara Garabedian
pizza
noodle
LornaDoone
theminis
party animal - not!
What Would He Say
amaretti
Vi
Nicky80
Mazy
playfuldeb
Cinderella
Lakin460
Maggy
Joanna
macs
MM
sarah ali
Henway
laetval
fluffy
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
lelacorb
sandwiches
lucy
blubelle
lolo"layla"
Merlin
PigLove
Atalante
Dexterdidit
it's me
melbert
Katiedot
54 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by lucy Sat 12 Feb 2011, 14:13

Forgot to add ,love the kitchen.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy

Post by it's me Sat 12 Feb 2011, 15:06

really really amazing
impressive, we all know
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 12 Feb 2011, 17:58

I disagree Lucy! I think the bedroom looks "manly" and very inviting...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Feb 2011, 19:20

The master bedroom is bland and characterless which is what you'd expect from a guest room. I'm not a big fan of that ugly modern stripy duvet in such a traditional style room though.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Jun 2011, 05:34

Just found the plans published by the Daily Telegraph newspaper a couple of years ago (in tiny size) of his villas in Como. Below are floorplans from google sketches which makes it a bit easier to visualise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 13 Jun 2011, 17:08

Lots of charm to that house. Not my decorating style but it's not my house. Razz
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 13 Jun 2011, 21:46

@ sandwiches let's hope he's changed the decor since the photos were taken.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:03

Oh, I don't know. I love it because of its charm. I wouldn't want it looking all "Hollywood". Keeping it natural seems right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:23

I like it sort of shabby chic. It is a lot bigger then I thought his own little world. it also shows that Eli can be there but nowhere near him very easily.Don't see him moving from there anytime soon it has everything he wants. I love the pool.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 02:55

I don't know how the law works in Italy. But, in some countries, when it's proven a couple were together for quite sometime (but not married) during a separation, the woman can get something... I wonder if Eli will have rights whne or If they break up... Does anyone know if this is the case in Italy too?

GC should be careful how long he let her hang out in Lake Como...She will eventually say its hers too!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 14 Jun 2011, 08:43

No, in Italy no one owes you anything if you're not married in a civil ceremony. In
case of divorce the richest person must ensure the same side
standard of living had during the marriage but must not leave any
property acquired before marriage if you choose the separation of
goods.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 14 Jun 2011, 13:20

Even if they were married he owned the properties before she came along so I don't believe she could lay claim to them. Being that they aren't married and never seem to be in the same place very long I don't think she has much chance of anything. She has gotten jobs and plenty of free PR and is already in a better position then before. For some reason she never got rid of her place in Milan so she won't be homeless! Lucky that!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 14 Jun 2011, 13:58

"In case of divorce the richest person must ensure the same side
standard of living had during the marriage but must not leave any
property acquired before marriage if you choose the separation of
goods."

Hi lelacorb, as I'm sure you know, in the US this is considered a "prenup agreement," which I'm sure George is well aware of in case he ever made the mistake of marrying Eli. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 14 Jun 2011, 15:38

Pre nups aren't always legal. In the UK the court can (and does) decide that a prenup is a completely useless piece of paper. A prenup written b US lawyers and signed in the US probably wouldn't even be considered. That's why it's not so popular in the UK as it is in the US. To whit, Paul McCartney (for the second time!!).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 14 Jun 2011, 15:42

Hi Katie, the trick is to remain in US. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 02 Aug 2011, 11:54

For some reason he's just not opening it up to us!

From the daily meal

When a celebrity chooses a spot for a home away from home, they look for the obvious: total perfection. They want the homes and towns they vacation in to reflect themselves after all. And what do you do if you’re a mega-duo like Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt or mega-perfect like Gwyneth Paltrow? Buy multiple perfect homes, of course.

Whether it’s a mansion in the South of France, a behemoth of a London home, or a private island crash pad, these are the houses that make us wish we were better friends with celebrities. We’ve assembled a list of these amazing abodes, along with some great places to dine the next time you find yourself hungrily skulking (NOT stalking) around the Italian Alps to catch a peek of George Clooney’s digs or languishing in Laval near Celine Dion’s Quebecois river retreat.

If only they knew what good houseguests we’d be!

George Clooney, Lake Como, Italy

It has been confirmed. George Clooney has split with his Italian model girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis. But he remains true to his first Italian love: his villa on Lake Como. Not that we blame him, of course. After all, picturesque Lake Como — just across the Swiss border in northern Italy — has been cherished as a playground for the rich and famous for centuries.

If you’re in the area and would like to have lunch with George (so he won’t be alone), take him to Îl Gatto Nero, where the view alone should be enough to take his mind off fair Elisabetta. For a while, anyway. After lunch, suggest taking a dip in Villa d’Este’s glistening pool.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 02 Aug 2011, 14:01

Take a dip in the pool, because no one takes a dip in the lake? Wonder if it's true what was going around about Lake Como level of pollution, such a shame that some where so beautiful and you can't swim in the water.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Tue 02 Aug 2011, 15:11

Wouldn't the water in the lake be a little too cool, anyways?
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 02 Aug 2011, 15:21

Cool or not, considering what seems to be lurking (unexploded bombs and ammo) in the lake, who'd want to. You notice how small the public beach area is, can't get too much use. Besides, Gee doesn't use lake for swimming, uses his pool so lets join him.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 02 Aug 2011, 17:00

Patty, don't forget the dead body, I think a desparate fan just went too far!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 02 Aug 2011, 18:40

Hi patty - I don't think there are too many lakes that DON'T have something "sinister" hidden in. LOL Other than snakes that is.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 02 Aug 2011, 18:58

Oh, fluffy and cindigirl - you both made my point. Not a lake person anyway so won't matter to me. Also, must get a lot of mountain runoff so would be more that just cool - more like frigid, but I wouldn't mind a nice long boatride with George, anywhere. Love boats, if not the water they ride on. Was in US Coast Guard. Love Lighthouses too.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 03 Aug 2011, 00:53

I love lighthouses. There aren't many of them around but the ones that are have been well maintained. I would think swimming in the lake wouldn't be the best idea. It would be freezing and I have read of a couple of bodies being found. Not so sure I could relax in there anyway. George has a lovely pool and he can look at the Lake!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 03 Aug 2011, 03:16

Dexterdidit wrote:I love lighthouses. There aren't many of them around but the ones that are have been well maintained. I would think swimming in the lake wouldn't be the best idea. It would be freezing and I have read of a couple of bodies being found. Not so sure I could relax in there anyway. George has a lovely pool and he can look at the Lake!

My sentiments exactly Dex. He can look at the lake and we can look at him, if he just extend the invitation.

We have lots of lighthouses in the US but most have been automated now. States have to maintain them now as historical sites. Grand though.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 03 Aug 2011, 08:46

Patty, have you done any lighthouses on the Carolina coasts? My friend was into them, so we went to the outer banks, and I have to say, they are quite interesting once you get they way they work! Wouldn't mind be stuck up one with the lovely Gee of a stormy night. Well I'll need something to cling onto to won't I!!!!!! in bed
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 03 Aug 2011, 10:10

Ok, let's move this to chitchat, yes?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 03 Aug 2011, 13:36

katie, your such a spoil sport!!! I did give it a Georgie theme!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney's House in Lake Como, Milan, Italy - Page 2 Empty Beautiful Laglio pics

Post by laetval Tue 23 Aug 2011, 20:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 23 Aug 2011, 21:26

Thanks laetval for the pictures. Looks like paradise, especially beautiful at night. I think there's enough warning signs on the entrance. Wonder where the egg throwing machine is located.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henway Tue 23 Aug 2011, 22:07

I want to go away on vacation and walk cobble stone streets!

Henway
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 23 Aug 2011, 22:07

Thanks Laetval, beautiful area never grow tired of seeing photos or film of the surrounding towns around Lake Como. Wish I could walk, or take a boat ride around, George wouldn't even have to be there for me to enjoy it!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:25

That's true, lucy. It is a truly beautiful area. "tis wonderous what God has wrought.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Tue 23 Aug 2011, 23:41

it's charming there!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 24 Aug 2011, 00:05

The photos are awesome. It looks so beautiful, I can understand why he loves it there. Don't think I could get bored.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 24 Aug 2011, 00:18

I can see why I likes it there. I bet it's gorgeous at night with all the lights twinkling on the water.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 00:19

It looks peaceful and serene. What relaxing views. Must be very romantic at night.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 00:45

I love this site so much! The photos are large enough to see details! Thank you again, Laetval!

And thanks Katie for a wonderful forum!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 24 Aug 2011, 01:09

Wow that looks beautiful! Very lovely and peaceful you can see why George loves it there.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Aug 2011, 04:28

Gorgeous shots. Makes me even more determined to save so I can buy my retirement home on the shores of one of the lakes in Bavaria (near where I grew up).

Quick question: would you mind if I move this thread to the one about George's house or do you prefer to keep this separate? I'm just thinking that in 5 months' time if we're looking for these pics it might be easier to find there.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 13:00

Katie, you get my vote to move thread. You are the boss, the admin, the creator of COH. Mother knows best.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 24 Aug 2011, 15:08

Katiedot wrote:I'm just thinking that in 5 months' time if we're looking for these pics it might be easier to find there.

Good thinking. Sounds like a good idea to me. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 24 Aug 2011, 15:09

You've done great with sorting and placement, so go for it combine the threads.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 21:45

That master bedroom is uugly (with a capital u)!
But, the rest of house is beautiful.

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:00

why did you find it so uuuuugly?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:12

It looks so plain.
It needs a woman's touch.( Just my opinion) Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:27

do you think?

....well
maybe

but I think G has already his preferences
no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:39

You are right.

Can't tell a man how to live in his castle.
It's his refuge. He does/lives as he pleases.

But, if that was my room, it would't look like an old lady's room Smile Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Sep 2011, 22:41

LOL

understood alien
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 19 Sep 2011, 05:04

That master bedroom looks like what it is: a spare room for visitors. George said he doesn't sleep in it so it's a guest room, devoid of personality.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Sep 2011, 06:39

Cool!

A good way to make sure no one over stays their welcome Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next