George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Work on George's house in Lake Como EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Work on George's house in Lake Como

+4
lucy
sisieq
melbert
Merlin
8 posters

Go down

Work on George's house in Lake Como Empty Work on George's house in Lake Como

Post by Merlin Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:44

Babelfish translation....

Laglio, intense activities to Oleandra Villa Clooney and Canalis soon on the lake 13 March 2011 Report Comments Gallery: The dwelling of George and Ely LAGLIO - Oleandra villa rifares the look. George wants it to Clooney more and more beautiful and elegant, or on the forehead lake that towards earth, without to omit the facade that turns towards the characteristic one porticciolo, in correspondence of which l' past year they have been executed important intense activities of consolidation of earthwork and the terraces. Around the noble dwelling it has been mounted a large scaffold and the walls have been covered from a protecting cloth: it marks them that the head of household and its companion, for the moment, do not mean to move themselves on the lake. They will make, of sure, between some month to works concluded, in order to enjoy the brought improvements all' piece of real estate and to be able to carry out invitations in a villa still beautifulr. The Roberto mayor Pools, interrogated with regard to, explains l' entity and the reasons of the works in course: The society Villa Oleandra Ltd to February end has introduced all' technical office, all' attention dell' architect Paul White men, a regarding communication the purpose to execute reported works of ordinary maintenance all' entire piece of real estate, with verification of the channels and the gronde, partial ritinteggiatura with maintenance of the original colors and - be a matter itself of a dwelling with a long history to tell - general substitution of the structures ruined from the time. The society has preannounced l' I use of a elevatrice platform and l' installation of a scaffold on the facade north, works that they give little have been executed. According to the executed mayor, participations l' year slid with remarkable investments and l' it puts into effect them maintenance confirm the purpose of the lagliese honorary citizen to maintain to a strait contact with the Lake of Como. The truth - she says Pools - is that many in Italy and all' foreign country envies Laglio for the presence of a thus important personage, of which we are all proud ones.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Laglio, lavori a Villa Oleandra
Clooney e Canalis presto sul lago

13 marzo 2011 Cronaca Commenta

Gallery: La dimora di George e Ely

LAGLIO - Villa Oleandra si rifà il look. George Clooney la vuole sempre più bella ed elegante, sia sul fronte lago che verso terra, senza tralasciare la facciata che volge verso il caratteristico porticciolo, in corrispondenza del quale l'anno scorso sono stati eseguiti importanti lavori di consolidamento del terrapieno e dei terrazzi. Attorno alla nobile dimora è stato montato un grosso ponteggio e le pareti sono state coperte da un telo protettivo: un segnale che il padrone di casa e la sua compagna, per il momento, non intendono trasferirsi sul lago. Lo faranno, di sicuro, tra qualche mese a opere concluse, per godersi le migliorie apportate all'immobile e poter effettuare inviti in una villa ancora più bella.
Il sindaco Roberto Pozzi, interrogato al riguardo, spiega l'entità e le ragioni delle opere in corso: «La società Villa Oleandra Ltd a fine febbraio ha presentato all'ufficio tecnico, all'attenzione dell'architetto Paolo Bianchi, una comunicazione riguardante il proposito di eseguire opere di ordinaria manutenzione riferite all'intero immobile, con verifica dei canali e delle gronde, parziale ritinteggiatura con mantenimento dei colori originari e - trattandosi di una dimora con una lunga storia da raccontare - generale sostituzione delle strutture rovinate dal tempo. La società ha preannunciato l'utilizzo di una piattaforma elevatrice e l'installazione di un ponteggio sulla facciata nord, opere che da poco sono state eseguite».
Secondo il sindaco, gli interventi eseguiti l'anno scorso con notevoli investimenti e l'attuale manutenzione confermano il proposito del cittadino onorario lagliese di mantenere uno stretto contatto con il Lago di Como. «La verità - dice Pozzi - è che tanti in Italia e all'estero invidiano Laglio per la presenza di un personaggio così importante, del quale siamo tutti orgogliosi.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Work on George's house in Lake Como Empty Re: Work on George's house in Lake Como

Post by melbert Sun 13 Mar 2011, 12:52

Or, he's fixing it up to sell it? I'm really wondering if he'll do his editing of Ides in Como this summer. He's got quite a long list of projects in the works and he may have to stay close to home base in order to fulfill those obligations. JMHO.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Work on George's house in Lake Como Empty Re: Work on George's house in Lake Como

Post by sisieq Sun 13 Mar 2011, 13:06

The local newspaper is calling it "their" Villa, too! Mad

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Mar 2011, 13:44

I noticed that too Sisieq, but I chose to ignore that!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 13 Mar 2011, 16:02

It's his Villa she's just a temporary roommate-houseguest !Until he marries the one!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 13 Mar 2011, 18:38

sisieq wrote:The local newspaper is calling it "their" Villa, too! Mad

Honey , u don't know who push this article in press at this time i think clooney like his villa in summer and we didn't came to spring yet so it could be her ppl who try to tell that they bought new things to their home and it's "THEIR" house together only to make both ppl who against her side and clooney get image of their relationship in way she like "u know clooney means she have work without clooney i don't think she will have any good ones"

p.s honey was compliment .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 13 Mar 2011, 19:08

Given that it's an 18th century villa, it would make sense that it would need some regular maintenance. I think the "their" part is just assumption by the outlet reporting the story. I think the Italians just want bragging rights to George by associating Ely with him as a co-owner. They seem to want to forget the fact that one of the main reasons George has stated he would never marry again is due to what he went thru with his divorce.

George has worked too hard for too many years to give up half of what he owns to a woman who has time and time again proven she's interested in media attention and only interested in two things, her career and being with a man who could either further that or keep her in the fashion to which she has become accustomed.

The link below is to some photos from the ABC PrimeTime special he did with Diane Sawyer some years back .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 13 Mar 2011, 20:09

With all the guest he's had there over the years it probably needs a little TLC.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Mar 2011, 22:03

"George has worked too hard for too many years to give up half of what he owns to a woman who has time and time again proven she's interested in media attention and only interested in two things, her career and being with a man who could either further that or keep her in the fashion to which she has become accustomed."

Hi Lorna! I think that she's not interested in a career anymore, just happy being "the girlfriend of..."
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 13 Mar 2011, 22:28

Ha-Ha"the girlfriend of" has probably figured out by now that her "JOBS" are limited!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Mar 2011, 22:56

Well, she has FAILED at every one that she has attempted (and I don't think that's just our opinion), and it appears that maybe she's even failing at "the girlfriend of..." role too. JMO!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 14 Mar 2011, 02:41

Thats true Melbert. George isn't stupid he would have ensured Eli can't lay claim to his assests. They can call it their Villa all they want she has no claims to it that I'm sure off. It is a really old Villa they always need something done and George may want it spruced up for the new girl! LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 14 Mar 2011, 08:23

Maybe he's planning on having a big birthday party there for all his family and friends....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:11

Good guess Merlin, spruce-up for the big 50 bash!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Mar 2011, 11:46

Did everyone here get their invite? Mine must have gotten lost with George in the sweater. lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 14 Mar 2011, 12:42

Do we really need an invite?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Mar 2011, 14:42

Party Crashers!!!!!!! Coolio Hoorah! Group
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 14 Mar 2011, 15:51

We could bring the vodka. Maybe tidy up his bedroom.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Mar 2011, 17:17

Count me in!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 14 Mar 2011, 18:12

Remember ladies" n" gents we are here to -----!!!!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Mar 2011, 19:32

Is this a fill-in-the-blank game??? Oh goody!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 14 Mar 2011, 21:17

When he was on the Jay Leno Show a couple of years ago he said EVERYONE was invited to his house....good enough for me...see you there!
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 14 Mar 2011, 22:49

OK Merlin, keep the gate open for me!! At least give Gio my name again, in case he forgot!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 15 Mar 2011, 02:20

@melbert you're probably correct about her lack of interest in a career. Wink
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 16 Mar 2011, 01:41

Lorna, I really think I'm remembering right from one of her post-SanRemo interviews (and too lazy to go find it) that she did say that she wasn't interested in a TV career. I'm sure I'll be corrected. But, Sarah also said in an interview that she would NEVER go back to waitressing cuz' she was going to be a fashion model and start her own fashion line. She's now in NYC working in a bar as a waitress... At least with her, she knows how to do that. With Eli, she can't really do TV well as we've witnessed. Maybe someone told her that she sucked at it and that's why she said she didn't want to do it?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 16 Mar 2011, 05:45

I really don't spend much time reading Ely interviews so can't help you there. HA!

I figure she'll be history at some point so why bother trying to keep up with what she's doing.

Is it me or do most of George's ahem, lady friends, eventually give up their desire for careers and become content to just follow him around being "the girlfriend"? Who could blame them really. It must be very seductive and easy to become used to private jets, summers in Como in an 18th century villa, walking red carpets at world premieres and awards shows, getting to wear designer clothing, etc.

If you're the type of woman that craves attention - hence your career choice of model or actress - then perhaps it's easy to get complacent with just the attention you get from being George's girlfriend. Of course with the perks come the negatives - paps in your face constantly (which is such a bore except, of course, when you call them to show up to where you'll be - cough Ely, cough Krista, cough Sarah, cough Lisa) and the negative comments from fans can't be all that fun. Hell, only a woman with an iron constitution (or a huge ego or both) would be able to stay and actually bask in it.

So that's where I think Ely has been different from his past gals. She really, really WANTS the attention so she will stick it out as long as possible.

Anyway, it's all conjecture and opinion - who really knows what goes on in her head anyway?

Question
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 16 Mar 2011, 12:24

LornaDoone well said, plus they are probably afraid that if they let him fly off alone to often he'll meet a waitress!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down