George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads

+29
noodle
watching
EEOsandy
playfuldeb
Maggy
Missa
davidarochelle
cindigirl
lucy
blubelle
fluffy
lelacorb
Henway
m4rose
Katiedot
phys major
Clooneygirl
party animal - not!
The next mrs clooney
silly girl
lovelylois
Lakin460
socimar
annemarie
bamboochacha
Cinderella
barla
Joanna
Aly
33 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 Empty Re: PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads

Post by barla Fri 13 Jul 2012, 21:58

The next mrs clooney wrote:The timezone on twitter is set by thw individual in their account settings. Since sk lives on the west coast she would have her time set PST. I doubt that she has changed her time zone setting just because she is in Italy.

tnx for a possible explanation!!! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads - Page 2 Empty Re: PHOTOS: George Clooney And Stacy Keibler Run Riot On Swiss Roads

Post by davidarochelle Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:10

Clooneygirl,
We've seen evidence for a very long time that some "very powerful people" read COH.

Do we really know when these cute pics were taken?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:40

barla wrote:This is the comment on JJ which I referred about:

no one @ 07/13/2012 at 1:07 pm

Keibler left Como before July 4 and hasn’t been back. These are more staged photos, the release of which is being timed to give the impression that Keibler is still in Como.

I read the same comment on IMDb today. So JJ picked it up? Shocked

So I wonder where she got food poisoning. At McDonalds?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:43

If this is true, what's the point of trying to make it seem like she's in como when she's not?
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:45

Lakin, I think it's the same person posting. And, well it's IMDb - not to be believed.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:46

Oh, ok. Thanks for clarifying, cindi! Laughing
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:47

Well, the manager of the Black Cat kind of confirmed they were there on July 4th, by discussing what they had eaten and how that couldn't possibly have been what gave them food poisoning. So she was there at least through the fourth. If you wanted to argue that she left after that, and the tweet controversy, that might make sense, since we didn't see them at all between then and these photos.

The whole "George really loved Eli and she dumped him" theory is kind of interesting. It could be a good explanation for why he picked up with Stacy so quickly, since he typically goes a year between girlfriends. Maybe it was his way of saying, "I don't need you anyway, so there!"
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:49

I realized something about times on Twitter....since I have twitter all times are in my timezone....but if I look up someone without signing into my account....just Google them I get their timezone...which goes to TNMC point...which was where I was confused. It is similar to signing into the COH....since I have an account the times are set to my timezone here in NJ. When I look it up on someone else's computer without signing in I get all different timezones...usually European....this all makes sense now.

Going back to the topic....I really looked at the photos today and I still stand by my previous point...it is like he heard what was said and is smiling for the camera...at least that is my perception. I do think it seems strange that none of the photos show her touching him....IMO. I also hate how the celebrity news sites keep saying it is a romantic tour around Switzerland....again they are with other people not very romantic. Again IMO... Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:55

I copied the statement from IMDb re Stacy being gone from Como.

Keibler left Como before July 4 and hasn't been back. These are more staged photos, the release of which is being timed to give the impression that Keibler is still in Como.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Fri 13 Jul 2012, 22:57

The famous American actor George Clooney was photographed today in Lugano while enjoying a relaxing day in the saddle at the Piaggio MP3. Born to a revolutionary technique that intuition has redefined the very concept of ride stability Piaggio MP3 uses innovative solution of two independent tilting front wheels, thanks to the diagram of the front suspension wishbones.

It drives like a normal scooter, but thanks to the two front wheels provide levels of safety and road holding in corners unapproachable.

A unique driving experience for a vehicle of exceptional commercial success, selling over 100,000 copies around the world, capable of winning an audience ... really cross!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney chooses the MP3
George Clooney was photographed several times in some bike riding, but the MP3 is the first time. Apparently, the three wheels attract him as the two

About: News

Add to Box
Send to a friend
Print

Clooney and MP3s 1
Related News

Products 100,000 Piaggio MP3

That George Clooney is an avid motorcyclist is not at all a mystery since the chosen target of the paparazzi in the area of Lake Como, one was seen several times in the pages of magazines riding bikes of many types. It 's the first time, however, we see him on board the Mp3 , the three-wheeled Piaggio house, which was photographed today near Lugano.

What is the stability of the front "double", with the front suspension wishbones, which allows you to escape to any provision on the use of motorcycles during filming (production companies have strict rules in this respect) or both success that has made ​​MP3 a true object of worship of different markets on the page , like that of Paris, the fact is that even the actor managed to escape the curious charm of the medium "alternative" home Piaggio.

The three wheels of Pontedera, in its various versions, has now sold over 100,000 units , and became a cultural phenomenon on different markets. Inevitable that the effect cult to extend also the star of Holywood.

George Clooney and Stacy scooter
Canalis is a distant memory ...

George e Stacy
[Increase text size] [Decrease text size]

ROME - Far are the days when George Clooney was sitting behind Elisabetta Canalis. The pictures of our showgirl on Lake Como in motion with the superstar inaugurated the American history followed (and envied) for summer 2009. Now, three years later, is the new hostess Stacy Keibler to occupy the coveted post-passenger.

The two were spotted in Lugano, Switzerland, with his friend Grant Haslow. Nothing Harley Davidson, though. This time, however, George is not on the saddle of a racing car but runs with a three-wheel scooter .... Fear of losing your balance?!
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:04

Lakin460 wrote:If this is true, what's the point of trying to make it seem like she's in como when she's not?

I think that the doubt arises from a previous fact, that when SK wanted to believe that she spent the Easter vacation in Cabo with GC, posting false pictures on twitter (it was once much criticized by some gossip sites ...) .. . advertising strategy?
My neighbors of Como tell me that Villa Oleandra is open but does not seem to be no one to live there ... absolute quiet. It may be that both have chosen to stay behind and enjoy a really relaxing time, or that George and Grant are working to the upcoming production ..... Holiday time is already over?
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:07

Aly wrote:
The famous American actor George Clooney was photographed today in Lugano while enjoying a relaxing day in the saddle at the Piaggio MP3. Born to a revolutionary technique that intuition has redefined the very concept of ride stability Piaggio MP3 uses innovative solution of two independent tilting front wheels, thanks to the diagram of the front suspension wishbones.

It drives like a normal scooter, but thanks to the two front wheels provide levels of safety and road holding in corners unapproachable.

A unique driving experience for a vehicle of exceptional commercial success, selling over 100,000 copies around the world, capable of winning an audience ... really cross!

George Clooney chooses the MP3
George Clooney was photographed several times in some bike riding, but the MP3 is the first time. Apparently, the three wheels attract him as the two

About: News

Add to Box
Send to a friend
Print

Clooney and MP3s 1
Related News

Products 100,000 Piaggio MP3

That George Clooney is an avid motorcyclist is not at all a mystery since the chosen target of the paparazzi in the area of Lake Como, one was seen several times in the pages of magazines riding bikes of many types. It 's the first time, however, we see him on board the Mp3 , the three-wheeled Piaggio house, which was photographed today near Lugano.

What is the stability of the front "double", with the front suspension wishbones, which allows you to escape to any provision on the use of motorcycles during filming (production companies have strict rules in this respect) or both success that has made ​​MP3 a true object of worship of different markets on the page , like that of Paris, the fact is that even the actor managed to escape the curious charm of the medium "alternative" home Piaggio.

The three wheels of Pontedera, in its various versions, has now sold over 100,000 units , and became a cultural phenomenon on different markets. Inevitable that the effect cult to extend also the star of Holywood.

George Clooney and Stacy scooter
Canalis is a distant memory ...

George e Stacy
[Increase text size] [Decrease text size]

ROME - Far are the days when George Clooney was sitting behind Elisabetta Canalis. The pictures of our showgirl on Lake Como in motion with the superstar inaugurated the American history followed (and envied) for summer 2009. Now, three years later, is the new hostess Stacy Keibler to occupy the coveted post-passenger.

The two were spotted in Lugano, Switzerland, with his friend Grant Haslow. Nothing Harley Davidson, though. This time, however, George is not on the saddle of a racing car but runs with a three-wheel scooter .... Fear of losing your balance?!

...we realized now.... it's time to join useful advertising, gain and pleasure ....
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:18

not really barla ... not from G side at least maybe the press ... it's not the first time he ride this ! they only forgetting things ...but i don't mind the tricycle G have a lot of money and he loves to have fun and he can afford it ![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

it 2009

they are using his name for the tri thing !
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:27

Aly wrote:
barla wrote:
lelacorb wrote:I do not think Stacy and Ely can never be friends are so different, one is always smiling no matter who is happy or not if the other is angry he can not even hide behind a mask. One lives for the other appear to be and do not care what they think of her! By the way I just heard from reliable sources that not only has left Ely George but he was not expecting it and asked to postpone the decision to end the summer, she had already chosen modellol dress for the Venice Film Festival and has telephoned to the showroom before the fateful June 22 to say that did not want him. The reason? I want a man that is when I need him not only be there when he needs me, and at times feel like a person who occupies a space!

My sources are indirect (people who work in show and fashion business, ... Milan is easy to come in contact with them... friends and acquaintances of EC and some very credible journalistic reference ...) but ... things that I can describe you with certainty are:
1.EC had already prepared the entire wardrobe for the season of red carpet
2. EC no longer bear the situation, so she decided it was best to cut everything at that time,last summer, before the award season (there were many factors .. never integrated with the friends GC .. the sense of freedom .. etc. first of all I think that she was really in love with George...or she believed to be..)
3.GC attempted a reconciliation before Christmas, but she did not accept
4. After the trip to Darfur, Eli tried to reconnect, even friendly, the relationship, but he has cut her off. Currently they don't speak for months (and it seems that this could not happen in the short term).

In short: Sk was chosen as the replacement of EC in less than a month and she is still supporting her part very well. And she is functional for what GC needs to do and to make true. But it could be also possible (why not?) that, knowing her for years, GC now is becoming to be attached to her (as GC is able to become attached to someone ...). Publicly they seem a nice couple, and I think that SK has much in common with GC, certainly more than he had with EC. Yet many experts are still wary of her .. we will see in the future, for now what we see is what we have to believe ...less or more.... Cool Cool Cool

sorry barla but all of this is nonsense , and if you left your boyfriend like you claim Elisabetta did you don't go to pick your stuff from his house "villa oleander " shouting,screaming and be so nervous like some neighbors "eye witness said you should be happy independent woman but that wasn't the case so it must was George who dumped Elisabetta that made her sooooo mad ,and EC was smoking cigaret too at this day going back to smoking after several moths quitting smoking and we all know she quit for George sake he told Elisabetta choose me or smoking?and sure it was him , it seem was action drove by anger of getting dumped not action drive by a woman who happy for cutting her relationship with her BF . it just doesn't seem right as you say it and doesn't make any sense !
Aly Sorry but I have not said that Ely was happy to terminate the relationship with him, I said and I do not think so! I think it was instead a very difficult and painful decision.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 13 Jul 2012, 23:34

Lakin460,
It would make sense for G to make an agreement with the paps to do all the pics in succession. Then the paps could leave Como and G could have some privacy. Seems like there were an overflow of predictable photos being released, so the paps focused on soccer. After a lull the paps could release more pics. That's why I asked if we have proof WHEN they were taken. Of course the troll on JJ could be wrong, and these pics were taken yesterday to prove that G has moved on from SK's negative tweets.

By the way is G going to London for the Olympics and Brad's engagement party?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Sat 14 Jul 2012, 02:16

cindigirl wrote:I copied the statement from IMDb re Stacy being gone from Como.

Keibler left Como before July 4 and hasn't been back. These are more staged photos, the release of which is being timed to give the impression that Keibler is still in Como.

So if this is true, then that explains Stacy's food poison tweet. Her little "oh well at least i am still in Italy" comment was to throw everyone off?!

A company can't use a celebrity's name or imagine to promote their product without their permission. George and Julia Roberts are suing a company for using their name right? So it appears from those articles that Aly posted about the scooter that George has some kind of arrangement with that company. Hence the prearranged staged photo op.

My last observation - these photos come from Splash News right? It seems like a lot of George's candid photos come from this agency. Does George have an agreement with them?

*Disclaimer* I dont know George, Stacy, Grant Heslov, Richard Kind, Stan the publicist, George's parents, George's sister, his neice, his nephew, Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber or anyone else that knows him or has ever met him. My opinions could be 100% wrong however, I am a fan of George and I like to speculate. This is a little fun mystery, trying to figure everything out!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 14 Jul 2012, 03:07

Is he wearing white tennis shoes or white dressy shoes. Rolling Eyes

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 03:22

What I want to know is what ever happened to George's motorcycle. The three-wheeled grandpa-mobile just doesnt cut it for me. They look goofy riding those things! Why cant he ride his own bike?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 03:34

playfuldeb wrote:What I want to know is what ever happened to George's motorcycle. The three-wheeled grandpa-mobile just doesnt cut it for me. They look goofy riding those things! Why cant he ride his own bike?

LOLOL! Thank you Deb, thank you for addressing the elephant in the room! I SO totally agree with you. WTF is this machine? A tricycle for old people? It's obvious product placement IMO. He's getting a kickback for riding a specialty machine. It saddens me that this summer his Como vacay has so far been a total playing to the media. We call Stacy a famewhore; well, George appears to be playing the same part. After all, he's right there with her, in the moment. Please excuse my sarcasm, but this is too obvious, even for a nubie like me. It lessens my esteem and admiration for him. It appears like he's pandering, and I don't get why.

Last edited by Lakin460 on Sat 14 Jul 2012, 03:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixing a typo; adding two more cents.)
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Sat 14 Jul 2012, 03:59

Maggy wrote:Is he wearing white tennis shoes or white dressy shoes. Rolling Eyes

Sweet lord, what is he wearing here? Khaki pants, khaki colored socks, and white orthopedic shoes??? He looks like he's making his escape from the nursing home. George, George, George, you have gone from hot to geriatric in less than 60 seconds.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:01

LMAO!!!!!
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:07

cindigirl wrote:I copied the statement from IMDb re Stacy being gone from Como.

We know SK was there for the famous dinner and tweet on the 4th after that who knows where she went??? Maybe someone is trying to deny that she sent the tweet..covering her ass so to speak...
phys major
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:10

EEOsandy wrote:
Maggy wrote:Is he wearing white tennis shoes or white dressy shoes. Rolling Eyes

Sweet lord, what is he wearing here? Khaki pants, khaki colored socks, and white orthopedic shoes??? He looks like he's making his escape from the nursing home. George, George, George, you have gone from hot to geriatric in less than 60 seconds.

And to think that, that picture was taken several years ago( God help him) What a Face
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:39

davidarochelle wrote:We've seen evidence for a very long time that some "very powerful people" read COH.
News to me. What 'evidence'? I'm intrigued.

cindigirl wrote:
Keibler left Como before July 4 and hasn’t been back. These are more staged photos, the release of which is being timed to give the impression that Keibler is still in Como.
I read the same comment on IMDb today. So JJ picked it up?
For the love of God, please stop and THINK before posting this shit. These are the statements made by IMDb nutjob. The same one who posts that she was marrying George in December two years ago, that he works for the CIA and that every picture of him with Sarah/Elisabetta/Stacy is either photoshopped or used a lookalike George. Go and read the IMDb thread if you need more background information about her but stop posting her delusions on a site for people who don't have psychological problems.

Can you honestly not tell when you're reading the ramblings of an obsessed fan? She believes what she writes exactly the same way that crazy girl who told the world she was pregnant by Justin Bieber believed what she was saying was true.

You saw how many paparazzi were at the black cat on 4th July. It was like a rugby scrum. The hotel confirmed he was there. There's no way all those paparazzi, the entire hotel staff, all the guests that night, every person living in Laglio, all the world's media buying those photos plus all the people involved can be bought off. There's no mystery. He was there, she was there.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 14 Jul 2012, 04:52

Katiedot,
She was obviously in Como July 4. It's now July 13. When were these pics taken? Were they held back because Euro Soccer was getting more attention? We don't know either way.
When G said in TX his philosophy of life was to "Try & Be the Man My Dog Thinks I Am." Yes I'm paraphrasing as I don't feel like looking it up. Funny that G quoted the very same minister that almost all of my comedy posts come from. Of course it could be just coincidence. We have commented on SK's Red Carpet outfits, and discussed IF her staff were reading these posts what changes she should make. Funny how very often SK made these changes and following our ideas. Of course it could be just coincidence. Statistically, how many coincidences equals a little proof?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jul 2012, 05:09

Davida, we're dealilng with someone with a severe mental illness. She can't help what she posts but I don't want to see her delusions posted here, discussed and taken seriously. We should know better.
=============

About the 'evidence', you're aware that millions of people read the same sources, especially humour?

If SK was taking advice from this place (and given the nastiness displayed towards her in many of these posts, why on earth would she?) don't you think the changes would have been made a very long time ago? It's been a year and only now is she starting to change her style consistently. That's indicative of a learning process and the support of a stylist, not someone taking fashion tips from a website that largely consists of women who dislike her, are at least one generation older than her, have no understanding of her life, don't share her dreams, nor walked the red carpet themselves.

I would never say that this site isn't read by team Stacy but I do doubt that it's taken in any way seriously.

Posters like to confuse coincidence for evidence. For example, we all know George's behaviours. It's not evidence that George is reading this site when we post that we haven't seen him have a bike ride around Como for a while and then he's seen driving around Como on his bike. He does this many times every summer. That's like standing in front of Big Ben and predicting it'll chime on the hour.

The proof would be if George did something out of character following someone here writing that he should do that. Then and only then we should sit up and take notice. But predicting he'll do something that we know he does often and will do again? That's coincidence.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 14 Jul 2012, 06:40

Katie sorry for reporting this post. It did not seem so crazy to be offensive than the majority of those that are posted on JJ and DM (which obviously does not read SK .. even his PR ....) ... but it seems that you know well the person who writes them , so I have to give you credit. Let's be clear: I believe that SK and GC are most of the together in Como and maintain a low profile, because they have nothing to promote (at least GC) and probably a lot of work for new products ... but ...
Fotoshopped photos? Recently tweet that appeared on the profile of SK to believe they were together in Cabo during the Easter holidays ... for example. A famous and ridiculous fotoshopped GC with SL in Las Vegas for Valentine's ... Sometimes this happens ..
We never use recycled photos? Sometimes happens, for example, also in this case a couple of times during their famous trips to Cabo .. (the last one after her appearance in LV ...)
Then I follow only a few months this blog, but a year ago who knew who he was SK? Because virtually no one in Europe ....why she had to change her style much earlier if only for a year she's alongside with GC (among other things, confirmed only after Christmas .... first she was likely to be just passing by ..) .
I also think that certain evidence (bike ride etc) easy to predict not have any meaning other than to confirm the habits .. But I remind you that the paparazzi do not live permanently outside his home (municipal police docet) or along the roads for Switzerland ... and these outputs are the result of pilot requirements (currently more of SK than GC) clearly controlled ... And what do PRs if not test the mood of the audience who will have to declare the success of their client?? And then also predict the coincidences but also the exact time they occur, could be a proof, do not you think?

Davida Thumbs up! Thumbs up!
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 14 Jul 2012, 08:58

Katiedot wrote:The proof would be if George did something out of character following someone here writing that he should do that. Then and only then we should sit up and take notice. But predicting he'll do something that we know he does often and will do again? That's coincidence.

OK I suggest George shave his head and wear a toga around the grounds of the Villa for the day. That will settle it. Well at least the toga..... Smile

Also how can we take seriously an article that stated they are "running riot" on the road when it involves driving a three wheel scooter?? Three wheel scooter is lame. It screams he is on his way to the nursing home to pick up his daily meds and his calcium chews.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Sat 14 Jul 2012, 09:53

watching wrote:
Katiedot wrote:The proof would be if George did something out of character following someone here writing that he should do that. Then and only then we should sit up and take notice. But predicting he'll do something that we know he does often and will do again? That's coincidence.

OK I suggest George shave his head and wear a toga around the grounds of the Villa for the day. That will settle it. Well at least the toga..... Smile

Also how can we take seriously an article that stated they are "running riot" on the road when it involves driving a three wheel scooter?? Three wheel scooter is lame. It screams he is on his way to the nursing home to pick up his daily meds and his calcium chews.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy not be so ironic, watching.... Piaggio gave to George Probably something else besides the bikes ......
barla
barla

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 10:16

barla wrote:
watching wrote:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy not be so ironic, watching.... Piaggio gave to George Probably something else besides the bikes ......

This is not news that George owns two Vespa Piaggio MP3 three-wheeled, has them for years, I remember the picture of him and Ely around Lake Como 3 years ago when he could not ride a Harley because he had a broken hand and then Vespa because it is not turned on marches and more maneuverable.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:23

Katiedot wrote:
cindigirl wrote:

I read the same comment on IMDb today. So JJ picked it up?

For the love of God, please stop and THINK before posting this shit. These are the statements made by IMDb nutjob.

Katie, if you read my post from yesterday you'll see that I pointed out that this statement was from IMDb and shouldn't be believed.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:33

Sometimes I think we suffer from delusions of grandeur. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that Stacy's friends read here. But,I guess, I picture it as more of a 'girls club' giggling over what the 'have nots' are saying. I mean, we have to face the fact, whether we like her or not, she does have him at the moment, and most of us have never even met him.
I would guess, and it's only my guess, that in her world her friends are as fame hungry as she is. They would,I would guess, be likely to make a lot of the less kind comments made here, behind her back, if they thought it would help them in their career by taking her down a notch or two. I just have a feeling in that world some of the 'helpful' advice you get may not be helpful at all so I just don't see her listening to a forum.
I don't think Stacy and her girlfriends are above playing with us if they're bored, and just like EC, I think they are bored in Como. But at most I think we're being played with sometimes.
As far as George using the dog joke...Davida I love your pastor's jokes. I like clean humor and his is. I hope you keep posting them. Some of them have been around for a while and the dog one is a saying I've heard since I was young. George probably has too, since his family loves animals. I do love your Pastor Tim's stuff though and look forward to reading them.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:38

Barla,
Thank you.
Katiedot,
Many times I have literally rolled my eyes at some of the things posted on COH. But do you really believe that absolutely no one from either G or SK's camp monitors this site? First of all we all know that a troll has posted illogical rants on JJ, IMBD, and on COH. Despite the fact that you personally initially and falsely accused me of being the troll, I guarantee you there is only one, despite the multiple names he/she uses. The writing style always follows the same format, and all of the posts are very similar to each other. The only difference is that whenever a poster on COH, like Pari, writes something complimentary to what SK wears or does, or infers a romantic relationship with G, often her screen name is appropriated as the author of one of the rants. A-listers are used to delusional fans, its why they have assistants to monitor all sites that even mention their names. Just the fact that the same troll that has approached G's parents is believed to have once posted on COH, would lead one to watch for any signs of radical changes in the postings, signaling a greater threat.

Also we all know how concerned G is with his image. The more he claims that he doesn't "give a shxx," the less I believe that to be true. Those that truly do NOT care never mention it, and they NEVER are actors, let alone stars. You cannot be an entertainer and not be very aware of your fans opinions. The internet has partially taken the place of fan mail. Of course celebs don't have the time to read every letter. That's why they have more than one assistant to help out in all areas. Realistically do they expect to read constant compliments on all of G's girls and their outfits and their actions, and now on their tweets as well? LOL So to whomever in G's camp may be reading this post, I hope I've given you a few good laughs over the last several months to compensate for the disses on SK. And I really hope you don't mind that I've outed you. May you only read constant flattery from now on. LOL
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:44

Noodle,
I agree that G using the "dog joke" COULD be coincidental. And I only post what I think to be the very best of the pastor's jokes. My favorites are the ones that not only make me laugh but have a lot of underlying truth.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 14 Jul 2012, 14:45

I don't think it is unreasonable to think that Stacy's PR team reads comments on articles that are posted about her. it is there job to get her name out in the press and to make sure that her image is a favorable one. One way PR agencies do this is by getting feedback from the public. The internet allows them the opportunity to have a focus group without actually having to drag people into a room and see what they think. The press seems to be getting more negative towards Stacy these days and I'm sure if her PR team and doing what they are paid to do they are noting the negativity and trying to develop strategies to counteract it. After all that's what PR is all about.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:13

barla wrote: Fotoshopped photos? Recently tweet that appeared on the profile of SK to believe they were together in Cabo during the Easter holidays ... for example.
Oh? I missed these photoshopped pictures. You don't mean the picture she posted that was from a brochure or something do you?

barla wrote:But I remind you that the paparazzi do not live permanently outside his home (municipal police docet) or along the roads for Switzerland ... and these outputs are the result of pilot requirements (currently more of SK than GC) clearly controlled ... And what do PRs if not test the mood of the audience who will have to declare the success of their client?? And then also predict the coincidences but also the exact time they occur, could be a proof, do not you think?
Not quite sure what you're saying here. George's team don't need to check how popular George is by reading his fan site. We're fans: it's self-evident he's popular here.

He's also an A-list star so doesn't need to check his popularity but even if he did, it's done by market research. This site is too small, and being self-selecting is skewed in favour of George. It wouldn't give any accurate results. Market research I guess could be done by online questionnaires or more likely focus groups.

I don't know if celebrity agents bother with this. They can measure their client's value by the salary they earn (a-listers) and the press coverage they get (lower level celebs). It's very possible that companies hiring celebrities to promote their goods might do some testing, but again, with someone of George's fame and calibre I'm not sure it's really necessary.

cindigirl wrote:Katie, if you read my post from yesterday you'll see that I pointed out that this statement was from IMDb and shouldn't be believed.
Hi cindigirl, I'm sorry if my frustration upset you but it wasn't at all clear to me what you were thinking. First you responded as though you believed it, then you said it wasn't true and then you posted it again (!) thereby causing other posters to take it seriously.

davidarochelle wrote: Many times I have literally rolled my eyes at some of the things posted on COH. But do you really believe that absolutely no one from either G or SK's camp monitors this site?
Join the eyerolling club! It wouldn't surprise me that from time to time (by which I mean every couple of weeks or so) someone may skim read some posts. I also imagine they roll their eyes a lot too. And that's all I think they do, although of course that's just my opinion and I couldn't prove it either way.

If anyone here's fondly imagining reports being written, our comments being passed on, actions being taken then I think we're touching IMDb nutjob territory here.

davidarochelle wrote: First of all we all know that a troll has posted illogical rants on JJ, IMBD, and on COH. Despite the fact that you personally initially and falsely accused me of being the troll, I guarantee you there is only one, despite the multiple names he/she uses.
I said your posting style was very similar to a particular troll we had to deal with in the past and that remains my opinion.

I've been on Clooney fan sites for 10 years and can't be sure exactly how many delusional people I've come across. The IMDb nutjob and her multiple nicknames is one person, I believe, but there are others who may or may not be posting here.

davidarochelle wrote: Also we all know how concerned G is with his image. The more he claims that he doesn't "give a shxx," the less I believe that to be true.
I agree with you there. I think George very much needs to be liked. I don't think that translates into frequent fansite visits though.

The reason I don't think team George or Stacy (or Elisabetta for that matter) spend much time on here is because of the content they'll find. I can tell you from years of experience of George's fansites that every site will feature the fans tearing apart the girlfriend, exaggerating the girlfriend's faults and dramatising every minor niggle (or completely inventing failures). It's not an objective view of George or of his life.

As part of my job, I have the "joy" of reading discussion forums about the hotels I work for. The only reason I bother is that it's corporate-mandated and I get evaluated on it. What I find are a bunch of ignorant, whiny, negative, know-nothings writing with absolute confidence about something they don't even begin to understand. I occasionally have to post vague "thank you for your valuable feed back and we'll certainly take your suggestions on board" type of responses. This, I'd like to stress, is my response as a hospitality PR reading discussion forums about hotels and yes, it could well colour my opinion on what George's PR team think. It's possible that George's team adore reading this site and visit 10 times a day, but I rather doubt it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:26

Katie I agree with you somewhat that their PR crew is not on here 24/7 but it would surprise me if they never read it. I remember when he was making The Descendants in Hawaii and one of the forums kept wondering why there were no walks on the beach....then low and behold there were the ridiculous shots of GC/EC walking on the beach...

I look at the fan sites as being like the old movie magazines....I remember watching programs where they talked about the "studios" handling fan mail and making scrapbooks of articles about the stars....of course the fan magazines of old were just propaganda...sort of like the entertainment programs of today....E or Extra or ET.....they never say anything bad about the stars. What I am trying to say is while I know he doesn't read this stuff--- somebody probably keeps tabs even if it is just cursory.....

Oh and my new conspiracy theory about this "romantic" ride is that it gets the subject off the "food poisoning" stories....

Just my 2 cents.... Smile

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:28

I doubt that this forum is read by anyone close to George.
They must have much more important things to deal with
on his behalf all the time.

We are lovely little minnows in a very large pond here, swimming around in the shallows....and sometimes deep waters.... having fun learning about our man's work and life.

And that's enough for me thanks Coolio
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:40

silly girl wrote:Katie I agree with you somewhat that their PR crew is not on here 24/7 but it would surprise me if they never read it. I remember when he was making The Descendants in Hawaii and one of the forums kept wondering why there were no walks on the beach....then low and behold there were the ridiculous shots of GC/EC walking on the beach...

I remember the walk on the beach silly girl - that's when they were calling him "fake George" because he appeared shorter than Eli, but that was only because he was at a lower sand level. Also that was one of the times he wasn't with Eli much and I think his PR team wanted to squash a break up rumor.

And Katie, I'm sorry I wasn't more clear about my first post about IMDb. I was trying to joke about her getting food poisoning at McDonald's.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:48

I'd like to make you a question? If you were as famous as George and know that there is a website entirely dedicated to you, would not you be curious to read it? I believe that what you think also applies to George (plus he sofre insomnia!). As for Stacy I think you read it daily especially from Como where surely be bored!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:52

Sure they are ! Can't see them reading sciencemagazines ! Woo hooo!
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 14 Jul 2012, 15:54

Well then lela, we MUST be on our best behavior. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 Jul 2012, 16:12

lelacorb wrote:I'd like to make you a question? If you were as famous as George and know that there is a website entirely dedicated to you, would not you be curious to read it?
When he was becoming famous, yes but not now. Now I'd guess he's possibly sick of reading about himself - especially the inaccurate reports - and he can read about himself endlessly online. There's a couple thousand new mentions of his name every hour if you google him.

Sometimes I do wonder if this site pisses him off. Mostly I think it gets ignored with a "whatever" but sometimes I wonder if our digging into every aspect of his life and behaviour would upset him.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 14 Jul 2012, 16:34

lelacorb wrote:I'd like to make you a question? If you were as famous as George and know that there is a website entirely dedicated to you, would not you be curious to read it? I believe that what you think also applies to George (plus he sofre insomnia!). As for Stacy I think you read it daily especially from Como where surely be bored!

A month or so ago I saw a report on TV where they mentioned that a lot of celebrities hire professionals to manage their social network accounts (they mentioned celebrities like Britney Spears and Kanye West that have hired writers to update blogs, Twitter accounts and Facebook. The same has occurred with politicians like Ron Paul and of course President Obama has a social network team that keeps his Twitter account active). This was picked also up by the last episode of NECESSARY ROUGHNESS with Mehcad Brooks who hired a very sarcastic, superfunny "professional" twitter....but ended up getting him into trouble. This is just to say that celebrities hire people to monitor their facebook/twitter accounts and read and blogs for them. How often do these "professionals" report back to the celebrity/politician who has hired them??? Probably not very often.

socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 14 Jul 2012, 16:54

Katiedot wrote:[Sometimes I do wonder if this site pisses him off. Mostly I think it gets ignored with a "whatever" but sometimes I wonder if our digging into every aspect of his life and behaviour would upset him.

I've often thought the same thing. Didn't he do an interview with someone who sat him down and they googled his name and read some of the stuff that written about him on the internet? And I seem to remember him indicaitng that he avoids it like the plague. In another interview, maybe a red carpet, b/c I remember seeing his expression, he referenced people who write about him on the internet as 'lonely little people sitting in dark rooms hovered over their computer.' That's a major paraphrase, but I got the spirit of it. He wasn't favorable.

If I were famous, I wouldn't seek out what was being written about me, especially if I'd been in the business for 30 years and knew the nature of human beings, namely if they don't know the truth, they tend to invent it.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 Jul 2012, 17:32

I believe that curiosity is innate in man, who is not curious to know what others think of you? Then you can also annoy or offend, but a click on a site that talks about you every time you do it (here I play the balls that I did not!). Do not forget that he is George Clooney's why people like us (his skill and charm) has allowed him to become tomorrow if we fail, that sbaviamo for him, which we see all his movies, we buy the magazines discussing him, he forgets Hollywood in no time! There are many good actors in the world who have not had this luck? In thousands beliefs.
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 14 Jul 2012, 19:55

Lakin460 wrote:
Katiedot wrote:[Sometimes I do wonder if this site pisses him off. Mostly I think it gets ignored with a "whatever" but sometimes I wonder if our digging into every aspect of his life and behaviour would upset him.

I've often thought the same thing. Didn't he do an interview with someone who sat him down and they googled his name and read some of the stuff that written about him on the internet? And I seem to remember him indicaitng that he avoids it like the plague. In another interview, maybe a red carpet, b/c I remember seeing his expression, he referenced people who write about him on the internet as 'lonely little people sitting in dark rooms hovered over their computer.' That's a major paraphrase, but I got the spirit of it. He wasn't favorable.

If I were famous, I wouldn't seek out what was being written about me, especially if I'd been in the business for 30 years and knew the nature of human beings, namely if they don't know the truth, they tend to invent it.

Here is an article from 2008 by Esquire magazine. Enjoy!

The 9:10 to Crazyland

We find out what happens when George Clooney Googles George Clooney. And when A.J. Jacobs shows him 2 Girls 1 Cup.

He is in the backseat of a dark SUV -- coffee in hand, dressed in black, hair sharply parted -- and is, for the first time in his life, reading his own Wikipedia entry.

George Timothy Clooney (born May 6, 1961) is an American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter who gained fame as one of the lead doctors in the long-running television drama ER (1994-99).

He pauses. "Yes, that's true."

He attended St. Susanna school . . . There he developed an interest in theater.

"Sort of . . ."

He was an average student.

"Actually, I pulled out my report cards," says Clooney. "I was a much better student than I thought I was. I had all A's and a B. So that's not so bad."

Clooney injured himself on Syriana's set, during a torture scene, in 2004. He had some excruciating headaches and suffered short-term memory loss.

"And," he adds, looking at me, "I suffered short-term memory loss."

You may Google yourself from time to time, but George Clooney doesn't. How could he? It's different for him. It's overwhelming. Its infinite madness could disintegrate a man's personality. "George Clooney" pops up on nearly 11 million sites on the Internet. Spend a day browsing these sites and you will find unfathomable rage and baffling adoration. You will find America with all its insane colors refracted through the prism of George Clooney.

But George Clooney is also a brave man, and today he has agreed to spend a couple of hours exploring what the Internet has to say about George Clooney. A sort of This Is Your Virtual Life. Today he will see things that shock him, scare him, and make him shake with laughter. He will see things so disturbing that he will walk out of the room horrified. Also, he will see his own nipples.

But for now, a little after 9:00 a.m., as we zip down the FDR Drive to the loft where the Esquire photo crew is waiting, he's reading aloud his comparatively friendly user-generated biography:

He secretly financed and executive-produced a political thriller short film called The Endgame Study in 2006.

"Never heard of that. It was so secret, I have no idea what they're talking about."

It is rumored that Clooney was the one to have circulated the videotape of Jesus vs. Santa (the video greeting card that gave birth to South Park) around the Los Angeles area in 1995.

"There's truth to that."

Michelle Pfeiffer and Nicole Kidman each bet him $10,000 that he would be a father before he turned forty.

"When I turn forty, I'll let you know about that."

Clooney stirred up controversy for his remarks about Charlton Heston, saying Charlton Heston "announced again today that he is suffering from Alzheimer's."

"I wrote him a letter saying I usually avoid making jokes at people's expense, so I'm sending you an apology, and I got a really nice letter back from his wife."

His entry finishes with the Heston flap. "Huh. Nice way to end," says Clooney with a humpf. But overall, he has to admit, a pretty favorable assessment of his life -- if not entirely accurate. "The hardest thing is trying not to correct everything on the Internet. It'd be night and day -- wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. So you just have to say, All right, I'll take it, bring it on."

The SUV pulls up to the photo studio. Or what is supposed to be a photo studio. It's an unmarked brown door on a deserted street in Brooklyn. "Where the hell are we?" asks Clooney. "This is a hit, isn't it?"

Part I: clooney+career

There is no one inside packing heat, just a photo crew, along with coffee and cookies. Clooney and I withdraw to a bare, industrial, wireless-equipped room in the back. We sit in low-slung chairs at a long table, facing a MacBook.

I figure it's still too early to alarm Clooney with the sordid details of his bedroom habits. Stick to the career for now. I click to the Internet Movie Database and scroll to his first credit: a part in a 1978 miniseries about the history of Colorado. Andy Griffith played a professor. Clooney distinguished himself as the Village Extra.

"They don't even have my first gig," he says. He made his real debut in a horse-racing flick called And They're Off. "I didn't even want to be an actor," he says. "I was just hanging out with my cousin." The movie was shot in Clooney's home state of Kentucky and starred his cousin Miguel Ferrer. "I rented my car, a Monte Carlo, to them and got fifty bucks a day. They gave me a part as an extra. And Miguel said, Come to L.A. and be an actor. I had just spent the summer cutting tobacco, which is a miserable job. So that's what made me move to Hollywood."

This one looks interesting: a 1993 thriller called The Harvest. Clooney is listed as the "lip-syncing transvestite." Yeah, he remembers that one. Wishes he didn't. He went to visit some buddies on the set in Mexico, and the director asked him to be in the background, wearing a gold lamé dress and mouthing the words to a song. "It wasn't really supposed to be credited, and suddenly this idiot director put our names on it. It was like, Thanks, pal. It didn't matter when nobody knew who you are, but now it's come back to haunt me."

I take him to YouTube, which has dozens of copyright-infringing clips of his work. There's a brilliant ad for Italian vermouth directed by Robert Rodriguez. And there's the nonlinear love scene from Out of Sight -- Clooney in white boxers, Jennifer Lopez in the sexiest grandma underwear in history.

A YouTube commentator has written:

I precisely found it pretty awful. . . . =(

"That's funny," Clooney says. "Because that's usually thought of as a pretty great love scene. Steven Soderbergh really shot the shit out of that movie. That one holds up. I try to get a couple that hold up over the years. O Brother holds up. Three Kings [about the first Iraq war] will hold up. Three Kings actually seems like it's newsworthy."

He pauses.

"And The Peacemaker, of course. Someday, a group of people will discover that one and give me a posthumous award for that."

I tell him that, without a doubt, somewhere on the Internet, we can find a fan club for his 1997 belly flop about Russian nukes. "There's no such thing," he insists.

After a couple of minutes, I concede the point. The closest I can find are a handful of positive reviews of the Peacemaker DVD on Amazon. I also find this review, which Clooney reads aloud:

George Clooney is about as entertaining to watch as Michael Jackson being raped by the Gorton's fisherman.

"Wow, that's an angry cat right there," says Clooney.

One could argue that some would find that immensely entertaining -- but I agree that I think it is meant as an insult.

"If you want to see angry, look up Batman & Robin," Clooney says.

He's right. The most popular review on Amazon:

I finally understand this movie. It's the kind of thing that Ed Wood would have directed if someone had handed him umpty-million dollars and not applied any adult supervision.

Clooney unleashes a big laugh. "That's hilarious."

Because of his various battles with the tabloids, I'd always considered Clooney to be prickly about criticism. But I'm not sure that's accurate. In some ways, he's the most self-aware of celebrities, and he knows that getting trashed is part of the game. He saw his aunt Rosemary go from superstar to has-been to psychiatric patient to respected elder. He saw his dad's career wax and wane. He understands fame.

"You ever hear of the Hollywood Stock Exchange?" I ask. "They set up a stock exchange where people trade celebrities."

"Really? I must be waaaay down. It's been a bad year."

Clooney's definition of a bad year, apparently, includes an Oscar nomination for Michael Clayton and a $311 million gross for Ocean's Thirteen. Not to mention the upcoming release of Leatherheads, the first movie he's directed since his Oscar winner, Good Night, and Good Luck, in 2005.

Clooney's stock is trading at $46, down from a career high in 2000, the year of The Perfect Storm and O Brother, Where Art Thou?

"What's Damon at?" Clooney asks. "He should be way up. Forbes did something recently where they said he's the most bankable star."

I type in Matt Damon. "Damon's at $83. Damon Wayans is at $1.54."

"That hurts," he says. "That's unfair to Damon Wayans."

We play a guessing game to see who's highest: Hanks clocks in at $139. Cruise is $116. Depp -- $115. Will Smith wins at $168.

"It's not necessarily just payday and numbers," he says, perhaps relieved. "Because if it was just numbers, Johnny Depp would kill everybody."

Part II: clooney+handsome

The fact that George Clooney is handsome is an a priori truth. Triangles have three sides, and Clooney is handsome. Yet the terrible thing about the Internet is that even a priori truths are called into question.

We are logged on to a Facebook group called "George Clooney is NOT the sexiest man alive."

"Ninety-four members," says Clooney as he looks at the photo of himself with a red X through it. "What the fuck?"

He reads the site's manifesto aloud:

I for one am sick and tired of George Clooney thinking hes the sexiest man alive, like jesus hes so old! It's just not right. That man is so full of himself it isn't funny. Join this group if you totally agree with me.

"Should I defend myself in this one?"

Clooney dictates and I type:

That's bullshit. He looks great for a 70-year-old.

Clooney likes to make jokes about how he's an alterkocker. It helps, of course, when the visible ravages of age are confined to a few gray hairs. It's also easier when you've had your eyes done. Or at least that's what a bunch of celebrity sites claim. Clooney reads aloud from one:

In a bold and unprecedented move for a celebrity, George Clooney openly admitted to having cosmetic surgery.

"I love this one," he says. "This was everywhere. Oprah did a show where Julia Roberts and I interviewed each other. And Julia said, 'Would you ever consider plastic surgery?' And I said, 'I got my eyes done, what do you think?' "

Clooney opens his eyes wide, like Betty Boop.

"I was in Italy when it aired, and all of a sudden it was all over the Italian papers. Once it switches languages and loses all sense of irony, and it's bouncing back and forth.... They used to say you can't make a joke in print, but you can get away with it on film. But now you can't get away with it there."

He pauses.

"I did get my balls done, though. I got them unwrinkled. It's the new thing in Hollywood -- ball ironing."

Clooney has also been accused of having hair plugs. That libel came after his role in Syriana, for which -- to appear more schlubby -- he shaved back the hair on his temples. In fact, he claims he's got the opposite problem, an advancing hairline: He's got a widow's peak that he shaves. "Right here," he says. "Feel."

I've never felt another man's widow's-peak stubble. But Clooney makes the invitation with such ease and confidence, it seems impolite to turn him down.

"Nice, isn't it?"

I decide to raise the stakes: CelebHeights.com.

It features a bizarrely impassioned debate about Clooney's height -- with participants arguing for everything from five nine to six one and analyses of his footwear and comparisons to Javier Bardem's stature.

Deadman15 writes:

The thing i did notice is he doesnt have the best posture (as stated here many times before), and he does do the head tilt thing alot.

"Yes, I slouch," Clooney says. "My mother tells me that."

So what's the truth? According to the man himself, he's five eleven and a half.

"I saw Donald Trump on Larry King, and he was saying [here Clooney goes into a Trump impression], 'Clooney is a very short guy. I mean, he's a tiny guy.... I don't want to knock the guy, but he's very small.' I met Donald Trump once, and I was sitting at a table. He came over, shook my hand, and walked away. I guess I looked about three foot five sitting at the table."

Part III: clooney+sex

Clooney's publicist is sitting on a long couch across the room. He's been tapping out text messages, trying to put out a fire. Seems an impostor has been claiming that Clooney's coming to the Ford Models party tonight. He's not. But as far as hoaxes go, this is a believable one.

I decide Clooney is ready to see a bit about his swinging single life. We start with an article in a South African newspaper titled I WAS CLOONEY'S VIRGIN LOVE. Clooney reads it out loud:

Sexy George Clooney gathered a trembling 18-year-old virgin in his arms, laid her down on his bed, and made such gently passionate, non-penetrative love to her that -- 10 years later -- she still shudders when she recalls the terrific orgasm.

Actress Claudia Wells . . . told Britain's News of the World: "I know a lot of women will think I was crazy not to have had full sex with him, but I've never regretted it. Even without full intercourse the sex was terrific.

He stops. "I know who Claudia Wells is. I can't imagine she said this."

So is he denying he gave her a shudder-inducing orgasm?

"I don't think that one is true. But it was twenty years ago, so maybe I did."

I tell Clooney that I wish I was in a position not to know whether I gave someone a terrific orgasm.

"Yeah, I know. But twenty years ago -- I'm having trouble remembering the penetrative love I had."

(For the record, Wells says, "I've been trying to get them to take that down for years," but otherwise declines to comment.)

I click onto a site that features Clooney having penetrative love, but this one is admittedly imaginary. It's a fan-fiction site -- a place for Clooney admirers to write steamy short stories. This story concerns Clooney's ER character, Doug Ross, Julianna Margulies's nurse, a hot tub, and words like gripped, caressed, and moan.

Her gentle sucking of his nipples became more frantic. . . .

Their tongues darted ferociously, as if in a contest of whose could get further inside the other's mouth.

"You know what?" says Clooney. "I think this was actually taken out of Bill O'Reilly's novel."

O'Reilly -- who has feuded with Clooney over Clooney's charitable work -- wrote a 2004 thriller called Those Who Trespass. "Do yourself a favor one time -- read his novel," says Clooney. "It's fantastic. It's like, 'He cupped her small, supple breasts.'"

(The actual O'Reilly text: "Ashley felt two large hands wrap themselves around her breasts and hot breath on the back of her neck.... Tommy O'Malley was naked and at attention.")

Back to real girlfriends. I bring up a site that has a list of Clooney's alleged exes, all with accompanying sultry photos.

You've got a lot, I tell him.

"Well, I'm old. I've been around a long time."

Clooney fact-checks the site:

Vendela -- "No."

Celine Balitran -- "Yes."

Salma Hayek -- "No."

Brooke Langton -- "Yes."

Traylor Howard -- "Yes."

Lucy Liu -- "No."

Julia Roberts -- "No."

Renee Zellweger -- "A little bit."

Jenifer Siebel -- "For a minute."

Hillary Rowland -- "Don't know who that is."

Teri Hatcher -- "No."

Ellen Barkin -- "Never, but I love her. She's a great friend."

I show him an article in a Canadian paper in which a psychic predicts 2008 is the year in which Clooney will wed. He's been dating former Fear Factor contestant Sarah Larson for five months -- enough to inspire jealous sniping on Clooney fan sites.

"I think that wedding one is a bit ahead of its time," Clooney says.

Well, last year, I say, this psychic predicted the death of Steve Irwin.

He's unimpressed. "It's really hard to predict the death of the Crocodile Hunter. 'I predict the death of the guy who stands under an elephant.'"

But is there perhaps another reason he won't commit? I show him a site called "George Clooney is GAY GAY GAY." Clooney starts to read:

George Clooney's life parallels Rock Hudson's way too much to be a coincidence. He was married once to some unknown actress --

He breaks off: "No, Talia is not unknown. She's actually very successful...."

He keeps reading:

He dates beautiful women and nothing happens and they disappear into oblivion.

"That's because I eat them."

So . . . any truth to this?

"No. I'm gay, gay. The third gay -- that was pushing it."

Part IV: clooney+politics

We have just finished a discussion of how gay he is when someone asks Clooney where he's going after his New York stay.

"I'm actually going to Darfur."

Clooney, who cofounded the charity Not on Our Watch, has been named a messenger of peace by the UN, and he's off on a fifteen-day trip to Africa and Asia. It's his second stealth trip to Darfur but his first to Khartoum, the highly unstable capital of Sudan. Is he nervous?

"I'm nervous because [the UN] is nervous," he says. "I'm going with a woman from the UN, former U.S. Army. She's a badass. But this is one of those times where you say, I have a really nice house in Italy, do I really want to..." He trails off.

I show Clooney a site that has eight different T-shirts urging him to run for office. Clooney 2008. Obama/Clooney. Sexiest Prez Alive. There's also a Facebook group with 357 members imploring him to run for Senate in Kentucky. Could that be the next step?

He says no, which will be a relief to the folks at celebpolitics.com, a Website that keeps a watchful eye on liberal actors. I show Clooney that he has a conservative-friendly rating of -14. He's a "wacko liberal nutcase." (Though Alec Baldwin beats him with a -21 rating.)

The site highlights a 2003 quote from Clooney:

The problem is, we elected a manager and we need a leader. Let's face it: Bush is just dim.

"That was 2003?" he says now. "Gee, gosh, I was wrong about that. Bush turned out to be really great at all this."

They also rate your movies, I tell him.

"Oh, good. I can tell you which one they'll like the best: O Brother, Where Art Thou? That's my bet. Because when I'm around conservative cats, they'll go [in a southern accent], 'I do like that O Brother, Where Art Thou? movie.'"

Nope, that one's Toxic Liberal Waste. As are almost all of his other movies.

We click on whitehouse.gov. We're in luck. President Bush will be answering submitted questions later in the day.

"Here's one I've been wanting to ask the last few weeks."

I type it in for him:

Where's Dick Cheney?

"There's a couple of options," Clooney surmises. "They're keeping him out because he's the only person with a lower approval rating than Bush. Or he's out hunting lawyers."

(Bush did not answer the question, opting instead for this one from Gioia: "Who picks your attire for all the important events you attend? Love your ties." Responding, "Dear Gioia, I pick my own suits and my own ties. Thank you for the compliment about the ties, and thank you for your question.")

Part V: clooney+fights

For such an easygoing guy, Clooney always seems to be facing off with someone, at least in Crazyland. Even his friendships are seen as hot rivalries. I show him a site that says he is having something called a "bromance" with Brad Pitt:

They're both very famous and both have been voted sexiest man alive, so really they belong together.

"Well, you know, if I was a girl and he was a girl, and I was a lesbian and he was a lesbian, I'd be all over him," says Clooney.

So I show him something a little tougher. Apparently his most recent battle has been with Fabio, with whom he argued at a restaurant. Something about Fabio's fans taking photos and Clooney not wanting to be in the background of the pictures.

Fabio has just been quoted about it in GQ. Clooney reads about it with a Schwarzeneggerian accent:

He is a dog whose noise is worse than his bite.

"Did he really say that? He couldn't have said that."

He ate more than he could chew.

"It's like a Saturday Night Live sketch. Nobody says things like that."

I could have beaten the bleep out of him.

"Yeah, that's probably true. He's a big guy. I wouldn't doubt that. There is a moment when you're actually in the argument and you're thinking, If I do get beaten down by Fabio, that will be far worse than the pain. I wouldn't shake that."

That seems to remind Clooney of something else. "Someone just came after me," he says. "Some actor went off on a fucking rant on me, like a drunken rampage. I wish I could remember who, because it'd be a fun one to see."

After a few minutes, we figure out the actor in question is British actor Rupert Everett. I call up the page and we start to read:

Clooney thinks that, provided he does films which are politically committed, he's allowed to do Ocean's 11, 12, and 13. But the Ocean's movies are a cancer to world culture. They're destroying us, Everett told The Independent.

"You go, Where did that come from?" he says. "You kind of go, Dude, weren't you in Dunston Checks In?"

Part VI: monkey+butt

Clooney's been pretty comfortable with all this so far. He's not easily thrown by his own fame or by the brutal assessments of the fame obsessed. But what about the larger dangers of the Web? I realize that I've spent a couple of hours showing Clooney sites about Clooney, but I haven't asked him, Does he ever go on the Internet?

"I go on YouTube when somebody says to look something up," he answers. "There was one a few years ago that killed me. Look up 'monkey smells butt.'"

I type it in. Up pops a video of a chimp sticking his finger up his butt, smelling it, then promptly passing out.

Clooney roars with laughter. "He just smells it and goes woooah and flops off the side. That always kills me."

At this point, I make a segue that seemed relevant at the time but in retrospect was probably a very bad idea. "You know," I tell him, "I asked the guy who does the Esquire Website what I should show George Clooney, and he said, 'Show him 2 Girls 1 Cup.' "

"What's that?"

"It's the most disturbing video in the history of videos."

"Show it to me."

"Really? I don't know."

"I can take it," Clooney says. "I'm a grown-up. We're all grown-ups."

"It's scarring. It'll scar you forever."

"Is it long?" he asks.

"No," I tell him, "but it's so disturbing. I saw it once and can never get it out of my mind. I can't watch it again."

"I want to see it."

Well, he asked. After a bit of searching, I find the link. I click it.

After several seconds: "It's not so bad," he says.

Three seconds later: "Oh."

Another two seconds: "Oh, my GOD! Oh, my God!! Oh, my God!"

Clooney puts his hand over his mouth like he's going to throw up. He bolts from his chair and walks out of the room.

Clooney's longtime PR guy, Stan Rosenfield, wants to know what the fuss is about. Clooney tells him he just watched the most repulsive video he's ever seen. Rosenfield wants to see it.

"I want to go at least one second more than George."

"I've got to watch Stan watch it," Clooney says, recomposing himself. "It's like the rodeo -- see how long you can last."

Rosenfield lasts three full seconds before walking out.

Clooney, having regarded himself all morning, now just watches, doubled over with laughter.

Author's note: Please do not watch this video. I don't want any more page views on my conscience. But do feel free to watch the monkey one. That's kind of funny.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 14 Jul 2012, 21:21

You know what I love about this article? I love that he stops to defend Talia from the "unsuccessful actress" criticism. It's not even that serious of an insult, and they've been divorced 20 years, but he still makes a point to defend her. Sweet. lip smack
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Sat 14 Jul 2012, 21:54

barla wrote:
The next mrs clooney wrote:The timezone on twitter is set by thw individual in their account settings. Since sk lives on the west coast she would have her time set PST. I doubt that she has changed her time zone setting just because she is in Italy.

tnx for a possible explanation!!! Thumbs up! Thumbs up!

If SK has an unlocked iPhone she could have bought a SIMS card and got an Italian telephone number for the time she is in Italy and thefore that would change her time zone in Twitter, don't you think? SIM cards, which generally cost around $5–15, come with a European phone number and starter credit. I've bought a few SIM cards that came with more calling credit than the cost of the card (for example, a €5 card that includes €7 of credit) — making the SIM card effectively free.
socimar
socimar

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 14 Jul 2012, 21:59

Just changing the phone or the sim card wouldn't automatically change the time zone. You actually have to go into the settings on your twitter account to change the time zone. Its not about the phone its about the twitter account.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next