George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

+47
Cinderella
moniquevander
NotAvailable
lovelylois
caudata
blubelle
Atalante
annemarie
MyGirlKylie
Hapki
davidarochelle
playfuldeb
bellybaby
Vi
Astras
EEOsandy
macs
Natascha
sisieq
pattygirl
hathaross
lelacorb
cindigirl
silly girl
MM
Joanna
socimar
madsky
Dexterdidit
watching
Pari
fluffy
Merlin
it's me
Henway
Maggy
Michelle meyers
LornaDoone
bamboochacha
janieb
The next mrs clooney
zizi
Katiedot
Lakin460
fava
melbert
party animal - not!
51 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

Post by cindigirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 15:49

Thanks Hen for the vid and picture. Attached is from Huffington Post today.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney arrested in Washington DC, March 2012

Post by lelacorb Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:29

Great great great man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Courage to Be Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:36

I´m so poud of him!! Go George!!
And always smiling! I feel bad for his dad and the others eldery mens... but it is for a good cause!

I cant believe this is happening... arresting the inocent people and free the murderers.. what world we are living!!
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:40

Well, he may still be in jail right now but at least he's out of Sudan and the random bombings.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 16:51

Bless his Dad Nick too! It takes alot of courage to do that knowing how it will affect careers & popularity. So go for it the Clooney Boys!!

cheers
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:03

He was arrested by the Secret Police not the Washington Police. Doubt that he's in jail at all. As this was predicted and was not a disruptive demonstration, it was just to do the deed and get the publicity out to the "general public". It was really one of those "peaceful" demonstrations which was done to prove their point and the thing that got them arrested was just stepping onto the private property of the Sudanese Embassy. If there had been any possibility of an "agressive" protest, I'm sure George would not have let Nick get involved, if that's possible.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:09

By Dylan Stableford | The Envoy – 1 hr 32 mins ago

Actor George Clooney was one of several protesters arrested outside of the Sudanese embassy in Washington, D.C., on Friday. Video showed a smiling Clooney and his 78-year-old father, Nick, arrested by park police outside of the embassy. The pair were handcuffed and taken into custody along with U.S. Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.), Rep Jim McGovern (D-Mass.), former Rep. Tom Andrews (D-Mass.), Martin Luther King III and NAACP president Ben Jealous.

The group had planned the protest to draw attention to Sudanese leader Omar al-Bashir's rocket attacks on his people in Nuba Mountain region.

"[We want] the (Sudanese) government in Khartoum to stop randomly killing its own innocent men, women and children," Clooney said before being led away with the others in a Secret Service van. "Stop raping them, and stop starving them."

Clooney testified in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee on Wednesday about the Sudanese government's bombing and violence against civilians near its border with South Sudan.

"I want to separate what is fact and what is fiction," Clooney, who just returned from an eight-day trip to Sudan with human-rights activist John Prendergast, told the committee. "The government of Sudan, led by Omar al-Bashir, Ahmed Haroun and defense minister Hussein, the same three men who orchestrated the atrocities in Darfur, have turned their bombs on the Nuban people. Now, these are not military targets. These are innocent men, women and children. That is a fact."

"When we got there," Clooney said, "we found children filled with shrapnel, including a nine-year-old boy who had both of his hands blown off."

On Thursday, Clooney met with reporters outside of the White House.

"There is a very, very great possibility of a lot of people starving to death in the next few months if we don't act soon finding some way to get the government of Khartoum to open up some form of a humanitarian corridor," he warned. "Obviously that's not something that we do unilaterally—it will have to be done with the help of many different countries."

And despite Clooney's trip to Washington this week, he downplayed talk of a post-acting political career.

"I don't find that I would be much help in any other position than the one I am in," he said. "I don't make policy. All I can really do is amplify the situation and hope to bring a spotlight to it so that we're talking about it for at least a brief period of time."

Clooney added: "Anytime you're making the names of people who are charged for war crimes famous, I think that's good. I think the name Omar al-Bashir should be famous. I think people should know it."

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:45

I can only say:
I've never been more proud of him than today.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:51

Good on them both. God will exact justice on those who allow these atrocies and injustices to go on.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God."
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 17:56

I'm catching up late today ... so he got arrested ! so did Nick ! for a greater good
yes to the FREE CLOONEY campain !
read some comments around the web saying "free george clooney ! where can I get one ?" which made me laugh !
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:23

I have a feeling that these folks will not spend the night in jail. They probably be free on bond.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:29

He's out....just saw it on CNN....he spoke to media..

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:44

Well Done to George & Nick and all of the others there !
It made the BBC news in UK.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 18:55

He handled himself very well through all of this. I love that his father was with hm.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:04

Natascha wrote:I can only say:
I've never been more proud of him than today.

I second that. He's a very special man. I love you
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:20

At 2:30 pm, George and Nick Clooney, along with the other protesters, were fined and released from jail. Just in.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:27

BIG HUGS FOR GEORGE! I love you I love you

So proud of Mr. Clooney
and the other participants.

God bless them all!
I love you I love you
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:36

Good video here....

Washington (CNN) -- Police arrested actor George Clooney and others Friday during a protest at the Sudanese Embassy in Washington.
The arrested protesters included congressmen, human rights activists and faith leaders.
"We are here really to ask two very simple questions," Clooney said moments before his arrest. "The first question is something immediate -- and immediately, we need humanitarian aid to be allowed into the Sudan before it becomes the worst humanitarian crisis in the world."
The second thing, he said, "is for the government in Khartoum to stop randomly killing its own innocent men, women and children. Stop raping them and stop starving them. That's all we ask."
Clooney: War criminals must be famous Clooney: Sudanese still living in fear Clooney warns of Darfur-like crisis
Protesters had begun gathering in the street before the protest began and converged on the Embassy once Clooney and the others arrived, holding signs reading "Stop Bombing Civilians Now!" and "End the silence stop the violence."
Those arrested included United to End Genocide President Tom Andrews; Democratic Reps. Jim McGovern, Al Green, Jim Moran and John Olver; Martin Luther King III; and NAACP President Ben Jealous.
CNN iReporter films Clooney arrest
Jealous directed a message to the Sudanese president: "This is what beginning of the end looks like."
"We are protesting to make sure the Sudanese government knows that the world is watching," McGovern said. "The United States Congress is watching. And we will be back again and again until they stop using food as a weapon; stop slaughtering innocent men, women and children; and stop spitting in the face of the world community."
After speeches by several of the protest leaders, a police officer told the group she was giving them a third warning, after which they would be arrested.
A few moments later, the arrests began. The group stood calmly as they waited for the police to apply plastic handcuffs as the crowd of protesters chanted "al-Bashir to the ICC," referring to the International Criminal Court, where Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir has been indicted.
Clooney was charged with disorderly crossing of a police line, a misdemeanor, Secret Service spokesman Max Millien said. He is expected to pay a $100 fine, a law enforcement official said.
Clooney met with President Obama on Thursday to discuss his concerns about Sudan.
He testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee this week about violence in the Nuba Mountains in South Kordofan, a state in Sudan near its border with newly independent South Sudan.
Clooney and other activists blame the Sudanese government for attacks there that have injured and killed civilians.
Clooney told the Senate committee that the attacks are being orchestrated by Sudan's government, led by al-Bashir, government official Ahmad Harun and Defense Minister Abdelrahim Mohamed Hussein -- the same three men, he said, who orchestrated long-documented attacks in Darfur.
"What you see is a constant drip of fear," testified Clooney, who just returned from a trip to Sudan. "We found children filled with shrapnel, including a 9-year-old boy who had both of his hands blown off."
This month the International Criminal Court issued an arrest warrant for Hussein, listing 41 counts of crimes against humanity and war crimes allegedly committed in the Darfur region of Sudan. Al-Bashir and Harun are also facing war crimes charges involving Darfur.
Clooney is co-founder of the Satellite Sentinel Project, which uses satellite imagery to watch for aerial attacks and troop movements in Sudan and South Sudan, which became a separate country last year.
CNN's Carol Cratty contributed to this report.

Last edited by Joanna on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:17; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:38

Thanks Hen for the updates. I'm checking in noline between flights so can't keep up with the latest news.

Pari - not sure what you're worrying about on this thread? He WANTS to be arrested to draw attention to the cause. We should be telling the world not keeping this quiet.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:49

Nina wouldn't believe that they'd actually arrest George and his dad!

Call her an idealist -- but moments before George Clooney was handcuffed in D.C. this morning, his mother Nina refused to believe he'd be arrested for leading a massive protest.

Nina was watching as George led the protest outside the Sudanese Embassy today -- and when a photog asked if she thought the actor might get locked up ... as people suspected he would ... Nina replied with an enthusiastic, "NO!"

But she wasn't worried either way -- claiming, "If he does ... he's a big boy."

And like any supportive mother -- Nina added, "I'm extremely proud of him."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:50

Other pictures LINK

Glad they has been relased of jail!!

I´M SO SOOOOO PROUD OF HIM!!! I CAN IMAGINE HOW HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS SHOULB BE OF HIM!!

Last edited by hathaross on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:51

thank God
this ended
(it was frightening
and sad to me)

now?
next step?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 19:53

don't misunderstand
I so proud
of him

and them all
with him
like his father

and ... also a bit sad....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:00

glad he's out, and glad he's keeping at it
pictures and vids make it look as he was handcuffed over his sweatshirt, so i am sure he's ok... it's all about the statement being made.
I really do hope that his interventions these last few days helped bring more people to the protest
Pattygirl, what's the secret police exactly ? what's the difference ?
macs
macs

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:01

Pictures out jail:

LINK
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:15

Thanks Joanne and Katie for your videos. George's mother Nina is ALWAYS so gracious and has a big smile.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:20

From Hathaross' link

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:22

I'm glad he's not in jail and hope he's having a nice dinner with his parents.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:37

At the end of the second video he says he has to catch a plane. Wonder where he's going?

EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:39

thanks
for all vid and pics

now
I 'digested' that

so
I was thinking

really strange those two
they have an awkward way to reinforce
the Father/Son bonding
both taking risky trips to Darfur
then getting arrested

great way indeed!!! Shocked

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:40

plane?

I have an airport
right behind my house

(non è vero....)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:48

it's all ok

done everything right

naku penda

kib
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:53

cindigirl wrote:Thanks Joanne and Katie for your videos. George's mother Nina is ALWAYS so gracious and has a big smile.

Well, she is a Steel Magnolia lady!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 16 Mar 2012, 20:57

Not to dilute the seriousness of the situation but, man, does he look good tied up lip smack Being bad for a good cause only makes him sexier, right??

And, I love his parents! Nick is just, well, just very cool. And Nina, is simply grace under fire. God bless them all.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:03

Mom and Pop were with him today

and Ada was with him in her mind

nite

hugs and kisses
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:04

I love the integrity of this man. When he really believes in something he is willing to stand up for it not matter what the personal cost. Didn't think it was possible to love him anymore, but it is. Hopefully his efforts will not be in vain and change happens in Sudan.
I'm sure he is eager to get home to see Einstein before he has to start work on his next project.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:18

EEO darling?
it was the FIRST vid

Cool

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:21

"A Very Good Day" Hoorah!

I'm sure that all of his True fans around the world will feel
so proud of him.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:23

eager
yes

and hope that Einstein too will be able
to see him

Mom and Pop were with him today

and Ada was with him in her mind

nite

hugs and kisses

yep
hugs and kisses!!! Love4
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:25

Can you believe that stupid interviewer talking to Nina...
asking such crass questions ????? On such a day too.... Beaten
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:29

The next mrs clooney wrote:I love the integrity of this man. When he really believes in something he is willing to stand up for it not matter what the personal cost. Didn't think it was possible to love him anymore, but it is. Hopefully his efforts will not be in vain and change happens in Sudan.
I'm sure he is eager to get home to see Einstein before he has to start work on his next project.

listening to him
I was thinking that, even if greatly involved, I would never be able to stand there
talking to all people like that
with is so brave and strong heart

@ Nina
same thought
here
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:32

naku penda

(ma cosa vuol dire?)

Vi! means...?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:37

macs wrote:Pattygirl, what's the secret police exactly ? what's the difference ?

Sorry, macs, I misspoke. I meant Secret Service, which is the service in charge of guarding the President. If you look at some of the pictures, they were placed in a Secret Service police van. If you also look closely, you'll see there is no animosity, disrespect or aggressive behavior on the part of the officers escorting George or any of the others. They made their point, paid their fines and were released, and all is well. Notice Stan was there, too. Don't think he got arrested, but he is the Publicist.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:46

I saw, thanks
no animosity

only
very concerned people
both sides

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Fri 16 Mar 2012, 21:57

Katiedot wrote:Nina wouldn't believe that they'd actually arrest George and his dad!

Call her an idealist -- but moments before George Clooney was handcuffed in D.C. this morning, his mother Nina refused to believe he'd be arrested for leading a massive protest.

Nina was watching as George led the protest outside the Sudanese Embassy today -- and when a photog asked if she thought the actor might get locked up ... as people suspected he would ... Nina replied with an enthusiastic, "NO!"

But she wasn't worried either way -- claiming, "If he does ... he's a big boy."

And like any supportive mother -- Nina added, "I'm extremely proud of him."

I wish my mom was like that.

Great day in DC!! His mom knew exactly what to say to those personal questions. This is everwhere. I checked my facebook and there sure is a lot about it on there. he is really getting it out there! Okay, George YOU ROCK!!

Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by socimar Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:23

Just heard on TV. Sunday, March 18, Chris Wallace (Fox News on Channel 5) will interview George and John at 9:00 am (EST).

socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:30

Thanks socimar - I'll tune in. lip smack

He's persistent and really getting it out there. Hope it does a lot of good. IMO his cause has a lot of other important news right now, the gay Clementi trial, Afghan American shooter identified and presidential race.

Last edited by cindigirl on Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:32

Thanks to all contributers for the photos, stories and vids. If I ever had to assemble a media recon team, you'd all be recruited!

I was able to watch cnn/live for the protest. Did you see the sweet exchange between George and his dad right before they turned to ascend the steps to the embassy lawn? I would've loved to have heard what George said to his dad.

The Bible says that long life is promised to the one who honors his father and mother. No wonder George has prospered. What homage he habitually pays to his parents, a very rare thing in these days. It is refreshing to see and endears me to him even more.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:43

The coverage here in the UK is MASSIVE! YAY!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 16 Mar 2012, 22:50

WASHINGTON (AP) — Actor George Clooney and his father have been arrested at a protest outside the Sudanese Embassy in Washington.

The protesters accuse Sudan's president, Omar al-Bashir, of provoking a humanitarian crisis and blocking food and aid from entering the Nuba Mountains in the county's border region with South Sudan.

Clooney, his father, Nick and others, including Democratic U.S. Rep. Jim Moran of Virginia and NAACP President Ben Jealous, were arrested after being warned three times not to cross a police line outside the embassy. They were handcuffed and placed into a U.S. Secret Service van.

Clooney said earlier that he hopes to draw more attention to the issue and that if action is not taken in the next three to four months "we're going to have a real humanitarian disaster."

In the second photo, the guy on the left with the camera resembles Stan!
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next