George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

+38
Clear As Mud
laetval
fava
Galway Girl
Michelle meyers
Vi
lovelylois
pandabear
m4rose
bunny
The next mrs clooney
silly girl
Atalante
playfuldeb
NotAvailable
Joanna
Maggy
Natascha
cindigirl
Missa
MyGirlKylie
lucy
sadDonkey
zizi
Dexterdidit
sisieq
alriv
lolo"layla"
it's me
Pari
Katiedot
lelacorb
Cinderella
pattygirl
sarah ali
fluffy
melbert
dakota007
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

Post by silly girl Mon 16 Jan 2012, 02:31

Since it is a Golden Globe thread I just want to say that I loved Felicity Huffman's I William H Macy's intro/song for best supporting actress was the best thing so far....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 Empty Re: George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes

Post by lovelylois Mon 16 Jan 2012, 02:35

Sorry he and Grant Lost for Best Original Screenplay, been fun to see them both up on stage. Midnight in Paris won. I did see that movie and it was fun. Too many commercials during the Golden Globes.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 16 Jan 2012, 02:41

I know lovely - I liked the music in Midnight in Paris. I know they're probably going to wait until the last possible moment to announce best actor. Hope I can hold out.

BTW, I wish Clara Danes who won an award had the class to at least wear a bra instead of her nipples sticking out. JMHO. And you're right - too many commercials.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 16 Jan 2012, 02:52

Congrats to Octavia Spencer. Can't wait to see The Help.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:24

Oh well, George lost for best director category. Uncle Marty won for Hugo. When they announced George's name for Ides, he had a intense look on his face. I just saw Hugo a few days ago and it was an enchanting film.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:33

George is so friendly with the other actors.
Every time the camera focuses on him, he is greeting someone.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:39

Its was kind of cute how they tried to get Meryls glasses to her.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:42

Yes but George didn't have the guts to go up there and give it to her her and the other guy neither

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:48

Congrats!

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:49

Yea George - Leo does not look happy.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:50

Hey wow, congrats George

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:50

Yay, He won! Congratulations! Laughing Give Flowers2
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:51

CONGRATULATIONS GEORGE

CONGRATULATIONS GEORGE

CONGRATULATIONS GEORGE
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:52

Congratulations George on a well-deserved award.

Going to bed now, am getting cranky. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 16 Jan 2012, 03:59

Wow. Best film The Descendants. Congrats

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 16 Jan 2012, 04:24

Yes he won!
Wish Leo would win something, over the years he has done some good work.
B&A look very happy together, she was striking tonight in the white/with the red slash up near her face.
FH&WM, song was good,surprised they both can sing.
Ricky toned it down this year, was funny what he did to Johnny Depp, glad to see so many with a good sense of humor, thought he was hardest on the Brits.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 16 Jan 2012, 04:26

Woohoo he won made watching it for 3 hours worthwhile 4 if you include the red carpet. George does the best acceptance speeches a little naughty but good not all sugery sweet. I love his humour and he looked good. We got to see him present and he did that with a smile and laugh walking on stage with a walking stick to send up Brad. Most of the show was boring I was a little worried the artist was going to do a sweep but the actors don't seem to get much it's mostly the film itself. The Descendents won best picture hopefully a good sign for George too at the Oscars. Going to talk about Stacy in her thread. ( I do want you to take not of this please Katie, see I'm being good)
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 Empty George Clooney WON at GG Best Actor

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 06:14

Why not a new thread?

Congratulazioni George!!! love1 Thumbs up! Give Flowers Love3 Love2 Love4 lip smack Hug1 Give Flowers2 Give hearts

I love you I love you I love you
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 16 Jan 2012, 06:16

I love you Congrats I love you
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:12

ciao Vi! Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:19

ciao it's me! Love2
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:23

I'm hppy to 'see' you here!
wasn't our Drink 3 Cheerleader Superdupercool This big Hoorah! George great? Yahooooo
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:27

yep ! ! !
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:57

Thumbs up!

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 07:58

This big baby!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 08:14

Thanks I M for the speech.
Great that he mentioned so many people.

Well Done George for Two out of Four !! Cheerleader Cheerleader

Last edited by Joanna on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:02; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by alriv Mon 16 Jan 2012, 08:27

Not worthy
alriv
alriv
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 08:34

I've merged the two threads so that we don't have duplicate posts.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:27

YAAAAAAY!!! they both look great actually i'v never saw him happy or comfortable with other gfs as he is with S!! good for him!! hhh i couldn't watch anything i went to bed earlly cuz i was really nervous!!! WOW am happy for him!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:36

Lots of pictures here.
At the bottom it says getty, so is this OK the put link here ???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Wins Best Actor, Best Drama Golden Globes

Posted Sunday January 15, 2012 10:55 PM GMT

Ready for an exciting Tinseltown evening, George Clooney was on-hand for the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards in Los Angeles, California on Sunday evening (January 15).

Taking place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, the 50-year-old actor was joined by his lovely lady Stacy Keibler as the duo worked the arrivals area before heading inside prior to the show's kickoff.

Always praised for his work, Clooney took home Best Actor in a Drama Motion Picture for his role in "The Descendants" with the film also garnering Best Motion Picture during the night's ceremony.

With Ricky Gervais acting as host of the Golden Globe Awards, other big winners included "The Artist," as well as Michelle Williams, Meryl Streep and "Modern Family".

Enjoy the pictures of George Clooney and Stacy Keibler at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards (January 15).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:46

Video at Link above

The Golden Globes 2012 Winners Revealed!

George Clooney, The Artist & Madonna were among the prize-winners...

The Descendants, Michelle Williams and The Artist were the big winners at The Golden Globes last night (15th January) at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

The Descendants took home two major accolades for Best Motion Picture (Drama), with George Clooney bagging the prize for Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama).

Upon accepting his award, Clooney paid homage to his fellow nominees in the category, including his close pal Brad Pitt.

The Artist was also triumphant on the night, winning three awards, scooping gongs for Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy), Best Original Score and Best Actor (Musical or Comedy) for Jean Dujardin.

When picking up their trophy for Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy), the flicks famous Jack Russell terrier Uggie made an appearance alongside the cast and crew.

Other big winners on the night included Meryl Streep who was named Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) for playing former British prime minister Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.

The Help's Octavia Spencer won the prize for Best Supporting Actress, while Michelle Williams took home the Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical of Comedy) gong for her role as Hollywood icon Marilyn Monroe in My Week With Marilyn.

In her acceptance speech, Williams thanked her daughter Matilda - whose father is the late actor Heath Ledger.

Madonna won the Globe for Best Original Song for W.E's Masterpiece, with the Queen of Pop appearing speechless as she accepted the prize.

In the TV categories, Kate Winslet, Downton Abbey and Homeland also took home awards, with host Ricky Gervais poking fun at the likes of Kim Kardashian, Justin Bieber and Eddie Murphy during his opening speech.

Full List of Golden Globe 2012 Winners:

Best Motion Picture (Drama)
The Descendants - WINNER!
The Help
Hugo
The Ides of March
Moneyball
War Horse

Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy)
50/50
The Artist - WINNER!
Bridesmaids
Midnight in Paris
My Week with Marilyn

Best Actor (Drama)
George Clooney (The Descendants) - WINNER!
Leonardo DiCaprio (J. Edgar)
Michael Fassbender (Shame)
Ryan Gosling (The Ides of March)
Brad Pitt (Moneyball)

Best Actor (Musical or Comedy)
Jean Dujardin (The Artist) - WINNER!
Brendan Gleeson (The Guard)
Joseph Gordon-Levitt (50/50)
Ryan Gosling (Crazy, Stupid, Love)
Owen Wilson (Midnight in Paris)

Best Actress (Drama)
Glenn Close (Albert Nobbs)
Viola Davis (The Help)
Rooney Mara (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo)
Meryl Streep (The Iron Lady) - WINNER!
Tilda Swinton (We Need to Talk About Kevin)

Best Actress (Musical or Comedy)
Jodie Foster (Carnage)
Charlize Theron (Young Adult)
Kristen Wiig (Bridesmaids)
Michelle Williams (My Week with Marilyn) - WINNER!
Kate Winslet (Carnage)

Best Director
Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris)
George Clooney (The Ides of March)
Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)
Alexander Payne (The Descendants)
Martin Scorsese (Hugo) - WINNER!

Best Supporting Actor
Kenneth Branagh (My Week with Marilyn)
Albert Brooks (Drive)
Jonah Hill (Moneyball)
Viggo Mortensen (A Dangerous Method)
Christopher Plummer (Beginners) - WINNER!

Best Supporting Actress
Berenice Bejo (The Artist)
Jessica Chastain (The Help)
Janet McTeer (Albert Nobbs)
Octavia Spencer (The Help) - WINNER!
Shailene Woodley (The Descendants)

Best Foreign Language Film
The Flowers of War
In the Land of Blood and Honey
The Kid with the Bike
A Separation - WINNER!
The Skin I Live In

Best Screenplay
Woody Allen (Midnight in Paris) - WINNER!
George Clooney, Grant Heslov, Beau Willimon (The Ides of March)
Michel Hazanavicius (The Artist)
Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, Jim Rash (The Descendants)
Steven Zallian, Aaron Sorkin (Moneyball)

Best Original Score
The Artist - WINNER!
W.E.
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Hugo
War Horse

Best Original Song
'Lay Your Head Down' (Albert Nobbs)
'Hello Hello' (Gnomeo & Juliet)
'The Living Proof' (The Help)
'The Keeper' (Machine Gun Preacher)
'Masterpiece' (W.E.) - WINNER!

Best Animated Feature Film
The Adventures of Tintin - WINNER!
Arthur Christmas
Cars 2
Puss in Boots
Rango

VISIT MTV AT THE MOVIES FOR ALL THE LATEST FILM TRAILERS, NEWS AND GALLERIES HERE!

Last edited by Joanna on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:48; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:47

Red carpet arrival pictures from Zimbio:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney wins Best Actor in the 2012 Golden Globes - Page 4 Empty added video using embed code (not sure it's working though)

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:50

Video at Link above

On accepting his award, Clooney not only thanked friend Brad Pitt, but also took a moment to commend fellow nominee Michael Fassbender following his recent performance in Steve McQueen's sex-addiction film Shame.
“I would like to thank Michael Fassbender for taking over the frontal nude responsibly that I had,” Clooney joked, referring to Fassbender’s oft-nude appearance.
“Really Michael, honestly, you can play golf like this with your hands behind your back,” George said, while making a golf swing motion with his hands behind back. “Go for it man, do it!”

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link for video (not sure it's working, though))
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 16 Jan 2012, 09:56

GREAT GEORGE, I LOVE YOU!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:10

Some more George pics (thanks Henway for finding them):

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:17; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:13

Hope these videos work for everyone

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:18

thanks Katie!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:30

From Mirror, with picture too !

Leave it to classy George Clooney to put the whole Golden Globes into perspective though.

George Clooney has the right idea

When asked by Ryan Seacrest what he enjoyed about the Globes (the second most used question) he said: "It is great to all come here together. And it's fun because people get hammered!”

Go George….

The frocks and the fashion took front and centre at the Golden Globe awards last night, with even host Ricky Gervais offering up only a few almost half-hearted attempts at controversial humour as the glitzy show lavished attention on an industry already in love with itself.

Oh yes, there was also a whole bunch of awards handed out – all pretty much as expected – as the Globes (organised by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association) and its scattershot category selection hit as many targets as possible in an apparent attempt to keep everyone happy.

The Globes are handed out to both film and television, with film also subdivided into ‘drama’ and ‘comedy or musical’ sections…which tends to lead to some odd choices with movies such as The Artist and My Week With Marilyn shunted into the ‘comedy and musical’ category.

The awards themselves do offer up a few tantalising pointers to what will happen when the Oscars, the Top Dog on the awards circuit, are presented, but the Globes are something of a starter (light, frothy with a faint tang of bitterness) with the knowledge that the main course is still to come.

Of course for us poor souls in the UK things weren’t made easier by the rather inept coverage on the E! channel, where someone seemed to have their finger nervously placed over the ‘switch to commercials’ button just in case Gervais (or any of the awards presenters) looked like saying anything controversial or crude.

Gervais had a six-minute opening monologue, but you would never have known it….E! channel ran its repetitive commercial break over a hefty chunk of it.

The same package of adverts seemed to run almost every five minutes, with even my legendary tolerance level strained by having to sit through yet another advert for ‘Kourtney And Kim Take New York’ – apparently it is about the Kardashian girls taking New York! It looks rubbish…

Gervais appeared more genial and generous than in his performance as host last year with his quips lacking the acid bite that make his 2011 turn so controversial

There was an early attempt at earthy humour as he poked fun at Jodie Foster and her film The Beaver – though Foster, nominated for a best actress award for Carnage and there with her two sons, laughed heartily.

And Gervais was pretty much on target when he said: “For any of you that don’t know, the Golden Globes are just like the Oscars, but without all that esteem."

He had an amusing pop at Colin Firth and his perfect image when he said: “What you don’t know about Colin Firth is he’s very racist. I’ve also seen him punch a little blind kitten,” and also tried to get the acceptance speeches to run on time by telling winners to just thank their agent and God.

But it all seemed very chummy and smug, particularly when Johnny Depp (a friend of Gervais and still fresh from an appearance on Gervais’s TV series Life’s Too Short) went up on stage to share a joke about Depp’s film The Tourist, which inexplicably won Best Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical last year.

But then this is choreographed Hollywood at heart.

On the presentation front, there were brief moments to enjoy. Seth Rogen make a very funny joke about his state of excitement at sharing the stage with Kate Beckinsale (who was wearing a super slinky dress) as they presented the Best Actress – Comedy or Musical award to Michelle Williams (for playing Marilyn Monroe in My Week With Marilyn), while Julianne Moore and Rob Lowe had to be handed the script in paper form as the pesky autocue seized up when they were about to hand out an award.

In terms of the actual awards themselves there were no real surprises. The Descendants won Best Drama while The Artist took Comedy or Musical, and I’d imagine the pair as top tips for the Oscars, while George Clooney (The Descendants) and Jean Dujardin (The Artist) took the respective Best Actor awards.

Meryl Streep as expected took Best Actress – Drama for The Iron Lady (look for her to take the Oscar as well), while the real modest surprise came as Best Director (which inexplicably covers both categories) went to Martin Scorsese…my money would be on Alexander Payne winning for The Descendants at the Oscars.

Madonna got a brief moment of attention as she took Best Song for Masterpiece, which appears in W.E., the film she directed and co-scripted and which has been pretty much universally panned.

She was also the ‘sort-of’ butt of one of Ricky’s best quips when he said: "Our next presenter is the queen of pop – not you Elton, sit down. Please welcome Madonna."

The losers on the night were films such as Moneyball, The Ides of March, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, J.Edgar, Bridesmaids, Young Adult, Drive, A Dangerous Method and War Horse.

On the television side, the Brit community fared pretty well. And while Kate Winslet (Best Actress – Miniseries or Motion Picture for TV, for Mildred Pierce) and Idris Elba (Best Actor – Miniseries or Motion Picture for TV, for Luther) did ramble rather, Julian Fellowes was modest and eloquent when he accepted the Best Miniseries or Motion Picture for TV for Downton Abbey.

As usual with most awards ceremonies, the most fun was to be had in the pre-awards coverage and the gushing interviews and dress analysis out on the red carpet before the serious stuff begins.

Given that E!’s red carpet coverage is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions, good old Ryan Seacrest (host of American Idol) handled most of the main (and all ridiculously brief but very enthusiastic) interviews, all of which carry the line “tell me about your dress” at some point.

Kelly Osbourne (sporting grey hair) was plonked behind a desk next to the red carpet for some pithy and erudite analysis (not) of the frocks on display. Though she was aided by the technological miracle E! called the Glamcam 360, which offered up a quick 360 spin around any actress and her dress. Phew.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added picture and text)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:50

TWO pages of pictures here !
Will put them on SK thread too

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:04

Good to see the pictures, thank you all.
Nice to see him greeting the fans again, but No Pen this time.
In a rush I suppose.
Phew, is he going to chill out now after all the activities
one after another ?? Basket Zzzzz
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:13

Interesting blog here for those who didn't see the show

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:18

All the Dresses and One Lovely Doggie !

Awards season is officially upon us, and the stars were at their finest at the 2012 Golden Globes.
Big winners 'The Descendants' and 'The Artist' took home multiple statues, but the awards for Best Dressed were a whole other story. Take a look the night's style winners and losers ...

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:45

Some excerpts from the coverage:

First up:

The LA Times

Golden Globes: George Clooney on Jane Fonda and 'struggling actor' Ryan Gosling

January 15, 2012

Beyond taking home a Golden Globe for his performance in Alexander Payne's Hawaii-set film "The Descendants," George Clooney was bowled over by a couple of other things at the 69th awards show Sunday night. First, there was Sidney Poitier's entrance, which earned the legendary actor what Clooney described as a "very emotional and very heartfelt" standing ovation. The other moment was a bit less, uh, substantive: "Jane Fonda in that dress. My God," he told reporters backstage. "She looked great, didn't she?"

Not that Clooney's girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, looked half bad herself. She stood on the side of the press room while Clooney was on stage, snapping pictures of her beau with her Blackberry.

It was a good night for the actor, whose film "The Descendants" was also named the best drama of the year. He said he believes the film has resonated because "it's a coming-of-age film for a 50-year-old. I think a lot of us have dealt with people like that."

The actor was also nominated for his work as a director on the political drama "The Ides of March" but lost out in that category to "Hugo" filmmaker Martin Scorsese. Despite the loss, he insisted the acknowledgement reminded him of why he makes films. "I know in 1976 there was 'Taxi Driver' and 'All the President's Men' and 'Network' and 'Bound for Glory,' and 'Rocky' won best picture," he said. "But I remember all five of those movies, so I'm a big believer in film."

It remains to be seen if "Ides" will stand the test of time, though its star, Ryan Gosling, missing Sunday night was certainly memorable for some disgruntled viewers.

"He's in Thailand," Clooney said of Gosling. "And you know what you do in Thailand. He's working. He wrote me a nice email this morning. It happens. He's gotta work. He's a struggling actor."

A nice video from Pop Sugar

After making the audience laugh during his funny Golden Globes acceptance speech, George Clooney continued to charm reporters back in the press room where he spoke about the night's show and fellow nominee Brad Pitt. Watch what George had to say about the competition with his famous friend Brad and his funny jab at Ryan Gosling!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:50

Not many George mentions in this round up but I'm including it all just because I absolutely LOVE what they called George stealing Brad's stick. So jealous I didn't think of it first.

e-online

Best & Worst of the 2012 Golden Globe Awards: Ricky Gervais Breaks All the Rules Again!

January 15, 2012 9:35:00 PM by Erik Pedersen

The Golden Globes lured Hollywood's biggest stars such as Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Lea Michele, George Clooney, Sofia Vergara, Reese Witherspoon, Leonardo DiCaprio for a night of glitz, glamour and an open bar—so who did host Ricky Gervais insult first?

If you guessed Dame Helen Mirren, Justin Bieber or Jodie Foster (and her Beaver), you were on to something.

Best Opener: "So where was I?" asked a gleeful Gervais, who improbably came back after last year's controversial and entertaining hosting duties.

Some of our favorite bits from tonight included:

"For those of you who don't know, the Golden Globes are just like the Oscars—without all that esteem."

"The Hollywood Foreign Press have warned me that if I insult any of you, or any of them, or offend any viewers or cause controversy whatsoever...they'll definitely invite me back again next year as well."

And then Gervais asked Johnny Depp a penetrating question, had Depp yet seen The Tourist, a film that Gervais had mercilessly mocked last year? Depp's response killed: "Uh, no." (Us, too!)

Bravest Appearance: Actors are always being called "brave" for pretending to do things with the help of makeup artists, stunt doubles and craft services, but we will definitely give props to Ashton Kutcher for showing up in the same room as Gervais.

Worst Teleprompter Fail: Rob Lowe and Julianne Moore were faced with no words to say and still found a way to be funny and charming despite seeming to have no idea what they were supposed to be talking about it. Nice save, guys.

Best Guest Appearance: As the Best Actress nominees were being read off, Tina Fey slyly moved in behind pal Amy Poehler's noggin to steal her thunder.

And Speaking of Stealing Scenes...Paul Giamatti seemed to be having a fascinating conversation with his voluminous beard (or possibly its inhabitants...or a pal offscreen) while the camera was supposed to be paying attention to one fo the Best Actress nominees. Now, when your beard can captivate an audience, that's some good acting.

Bravest Person in the Room: The bandleader who started to play off Madonna mid-speech as she was talking about Harvey Weinstein.

Cool Category: The Wire's Idris Elba and Dominic West were up against each other once again—with the added draw of Downton Abbey dreamboat Hugh Bonneville—in the super-British miniseries category.

OMG Moment: Brad Pitt came out and talked about stuff in his super deep dreamboat voice with reaction shots from Angelina Jolie and George Clooney. Everyone's a winner.

Cane Mutiny: Clooney's walking shtick with Pitt's pilfered cane was totally silly, but just the kind of goofing around that makes the Globes the loosest and most fun of the award shows.

Worst Rising Star Award: The star of 50/50 had this to say while standing next to Kate Beckinsale: "Hello, I'm Seth Rogen and I'm currently trying to conceal a massive erection." Perhaps the only thing that saved it from being a TMI moment was Beckinsale's gradual collapse into hysterics—and the fact that everyone exaggerates in Hollywood.

And I'd Like to Thank the Old Gods: Best Supporting Actor winner Peter Dinklage thanked Game of Thrones novelist George R.R. Martin, and nerds everywhere were cheering. We know because we could hear them rattling their plastic longswords all around our office.

Worst Attempt at Feigning Interest—or a Pulse: Though wonderfully hammy onstage, reaction shots of a half-asleep Dustin Hoffman made it look like he wanted to be anywhere but at the Golden Globes.

Biggest Surprise: Was it Homeland winning the TV drama award? We're going to say yes.

Crowd-Pleasing Reaction: Octavia Butler seemed be saying "He's cuute" when Channing Tatum came onstage, and frankly, we're pretty sure she wasn't the only one.

God, the President and a Sexy Vampire: Dame Helen Mirren could have spared us the silly English driving joke during the Morgan Freeman tribute, but the whole thing was saved by Freeman's own long career, his personal dignity and that Electric Company clip of him as a vampire taking a bubble bath in a casket.

Toughest Call: We're really glad that the deeply, richly entertaining and fun Adventures of Tintin got recognized, but it's too bad that the weird, funny and original Rango got shut out.

Worst Theme: Penis jokes. Even after the trend got called out Tina Fey and Jane Lynch, however, Clooney's salute to Michael Fassbender was still unexpected and pretty hilarious.

Best Onscreen Couple: Married people Felicity Huffman and William H. Macy performed a duet as they announced the actresses in the category Jessica Lange ultimately won, which was not only good, but cute like only an old(er!) married couple can be.

Totally Speechless! We really liked hearing The Artist star Jean Dujardin speak as he accepted his award, but he loved that he finished his speech—silently. That was only topped by the appearance of the film's charismatic dog later onstage.

Second Worst Introduction: The repeated references to Melissa McCarthy's, er, scene involving a sink in Bridesmaids probably made for some uncomfortable small talk at her table.

Absolutely Worst Introduction: Gervais actually made us feel bad for the universally beloved Colin Firth by describing him as a racist, blind kitten puncher. Seriously, Ricky? You totally forgot to mention Firth hates freedom, too.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:53

Ah, here's the George we all know and love:

From OK MAgazine

George Clooney: I Plan To Be "Face Down Drunk" After the 2012 Golden Globe Awards!

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler were the first of Hollywood's hottest couples to arrive at the Golden Globe Awards tonight in Beverly Hills, Calif. And the adorable pair is looking forward to partying the night away, considering George says he has a feeling he's not going to win!

"I predict I will not win," George told E!'s Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet, adding to OK!, "I will lose them all! I'll probably go zero for four and it’ll be one of those nights for me."

As for what he and his lovely lady will be doing during, and after, the awards show? Drinking!

"The Globes are fun because it's TV and film... and it's also fun because people get hammered and give really funny speeches," George explained, adding that tonight everyone will be "face down drunk" after the ceremony.

We're sure George will hook up with buddy Brad Pitt sometime during or after the show, considering he plans on working with Mr. Pitt sometime again soon!"Brad and I are trying to work together," George told OK! on the red carpet. "He is trying to work with me!"

We can't wait to hear about all the after parties! Good luck to George!

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:00

From NDTV Movies

George Clooney, who hit the red carpet at the Golden Globes early on Sunday, summed up what is so special about the evening: "People get hammered and give funny speeches."

Back to the LA Times

George Clooney, but no Ryan Gosling, at Golden Globes

January 15, 2012

George Clooney had two films up for multiple Golden Globe awards -- with four personal nominations -- but he didn't seem to feel any pressure Sunday for "The Descendants" and "The Ides of March." With a wry smile, he told reporters on the red carpet, "This [awards ceremony] is a fun one because everybody gets a little hammered, so by the time you get to speeches, if you screw up, it's fine." Indeed, host Ricky Gervais described the event as "a little bit drunker" than its more prestigious counterpart, the Oscars.

Clooney had his girlfriend, Stacy Keibler, by his side, but "Ides" costar Ryan Gosling was nowhere to be seen, as his shooting schedule apparently kept him away from the night's awards frenzy in Beverly Hills. Clooney said: "It's too bad he's not here. I wish he was. But if he showed up he might just be too good-looking to handle."

Clooney stayed true to his playful self-deprecation when a BBC reporter told him everyone's saying that he's the front-runner in the best actor (drama) category for "The Descendants." "No, you say that. When Brad comes by, you're going to say he's the front-runner!" he joked.

This, from People mag

George Clooney Pokes Fun at Injured Brad Pitt at the Golden Globes

By Alison Schwartz

Update Sunday January 15, 2012

An injured ACL is no laughing matter – but that didn't stop George Clooney from taking a friendly jab at his fellow Golden Globe Awards nominee – who's also a fellow two-time PEOPLE Sexiest Man Alive honoree – Brad Pitt.

While introducing a clip from Pitt's film Moneyball (the pals decided to introduce each other's films at Sunday night's ceremony, live from the Beverly Hilton Hotel), Clooney borrowed the actor's cane, which he is using as he recovers from the slip that injured the ligament in his knee.

"I have to give it back to him," Clooney, 50, who walked the red carpet with girlfriend Stacy Keibler, joked while using the black cane in jest. "He can't make it to the bar otherwise."

It's not the first time Clooney took a turn with Pitt's accessory: He posed with Pitt's cane at Thursday's Critics' Choice Movie Awards.

"It wasn't life or death," Pitt, 48, previously said of his injury, which occurred when he slipped down a hill while carrying 3-year-old daughter Vivienne. "It was just an old man tripping."

Later in the show, Clooney called out his friend again, this time while accepting his best actor award for The Descendants.

Speaking seriously, Clooney said it was "nice to see Brad and nice to be able to tell him not just what wonderful work he's been doing in two films this year, but in the rest of the world."

And the final word goes to MTV

'Descendants' star calls out Pitt and Michael Fassbender in acceptance speech

By Kevin P. Sullivan

In a race that was considered to be a battle of the A-listers, George Clooney took home the Golden Globe for Best Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama for "The Descendants."

After an evening of joking about his celebrity best bud, George Clooney opened his acceptance speech by letting Brad Pitt know exactly what he thought of him.

"I wanted to say it's nice to see Brad, and it's nice to be able to tell him not just what wonderful work he's doing in two films this year," Clooney said. "But what wonderful work he does in the rest of the world to the rest of the people."

Pitt, who was nominated for "Moneyball," and Clooney emerged as the front-runners in the category soon after the nominees were announced last month, and their well-documented friendship came to dominate the conversation around the race.

Earlier in the evening, Clooney borrowed the cane Pitt used throughout the evening, seemingly to poke fun at his friend.

Clooney also acknowledged one of the actors he got to meet for the awards show, fellow nominee Michael Fassbender, and he took the opportunity to crack a joke about Fassbender's revealing role in "Shame."

"I'd like to thank Michael Fassbender for taking over the frontal-nudity responsibility that I had," Clooney said. "Michael, honestly, you can play golf like this with your hands behind your back. Go for it, man. Do it."

Toward the end of his acceptance speech, Clooney got a little more serious and thanked his co-stars and writer/director Alexander Payne. "Thank you very much to Alexander Payne, who makes wonderful films and is a great friend," he said.

(video will only work in the US)

Get More: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:30

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:52

After making the audience laugh during his funny Golden Globes acceptance speech, George Clooney continued to charm reporters back in the press room where he spoke about the night's show and fellow nominee Brad Pitt. Watch what George had to say about the competition with his famous friend Brad and his funny jab at Ryan Gosling!

a bit….
uncomfortable

like he didn't want to be there
or
not in that right moment

or…

or with something roaming into his mind

so he seemed to me a bit… detached

or only worried
at first
then emotionally excited bec
ultimately
he was maybe
at the very same time
carrying in his hands
the Oscar statuette

buying what??!!!!??!!? THE WHOLE ITALY????? affraid

YOU CRAZY! Beaten

(I today saw the show started not very late.... staying awoke
maybe
I would have seen something....
well, too late I dunno )

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 16 Jan 2012, 12:54

playfuldeb wrote:It almost looks like George's zipper is undone

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Jan 2012, 13:19

thanks Katiedot Hello!
(what did you add??)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next