George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Family News - Page 2 EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
Family News - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Family News - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Family News - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Family News - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Family News - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Family News - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Family News - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Family News - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Family News

+16
pandabear
MM
pattygirl
lucy
Ello
cindigirl
blubelle
Atalante
Dexterdidit
it's me
Katiedot
PigLove
sisieq
melbert
Admin
Merlin
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Family News - Page 2 Empty Re: Family News

Post by pattygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 12:36

Happy Returns of the Day! May all your wishes come true.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:04

lucy wrote:They are an amazing couple, it's as if they work together on everything, wonder if he shows as much interest in her life pursuits. Why can't George find his Nina? I know, he doesn't want to!

I have met Nick and Nina and spent about four hours in their company. They are a real team, and they know each other like they can read each other's minds. Yes, Nick would support Nina's life pursuits, and vice-versa.

George SO NEEDS a Nina in his life.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:05

Happy Birthday, Nina!!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 20:14

Maybe that's his problem. Nina is a tough act to follow. Maybe he doesn't think there is anyone out there who can match his "ideal".

What Nina and Nick have is what most people aspire to, and he's not finding it.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Wed 24 Aug 2011, 21:03

If he wants to find his NINA he needs to look for a different type of woman. You wouldn't be able to google Nina and find her A#* starring back at you. He needs to look for a woman with class and a little more pride in herself, not one who is willing to show everything he see's in the privacy of his own bedroom. I think he doesn't want a woman like his mother, it is a lot easier to get rid of these women he dates. He would find too much in common with a woman like his mother and it would be more difficult for him to end the relationship. He loves his career that's the real love of his life.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 21:07

I guess that's really true. He's said that many times. The rest is just his animal urges kicking in.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Aug 2011, 21:26

Happy Birthday, Nina!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 24 Aug 2011, 21:30

pandabear wrote:If he wants to find his NINA he needs to look for a different type of woman. You wouldn't be able to google Nina and find her A#* starring back at you. He needs to look for a woman with class and a little more pride in herself, not one who is willing to show everything he see's in the privacy of his own bedroom. I think he doesn't want a woman like his mother, it is a lot easier to get rid of these women he dates. He would find too much in common with a woman like his mother and it would be more difficult for him to end the relationship. He loves his career that's the real love of his life.

Very well said pandabear.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Aug 2011, 01:47

Happy Birthday Nina! 72 more!!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Aug 2011, 03:06

I had no idea was her birthday. Happy Birthday Nina!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Thu 25 Aug 2011, 03:12

Happy Birthday Blessings Mrs. Clooney... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 01 Sep 2011, 18:01

Ginger Rogers to be Celebrated at Tsai Performance Center, 10/24

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ginger Rogers, the Academy Award winning screen legend from the films 42nd Street, Top Hat, The Gay Divorcee and dozens more, would have been 100 this year. She will be celebrated with a live performance and an exhibition of her archive and memorabilia created in celebration of her life and career as one of America's most luminescent and talented motion picture actresses. The special exhibition opens at Boston's Mugar Library Building on Monday, October 24. Hosted by Nick Clooney, the event will feature an appearance by special guest Angela Lansbury. The live performances will debut at the Tsai Performance Center (October 24) in Boston and the Coolidge Corner Theatre in Brookline (October 25).

Madonna, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé and a myriad of others, all owe a great deal to a movie star, dancer, entertainer, and American woman named Ginger Rogers. Almost every girl of a certain age pretended to be Ginger Rogers. The Ginger that they wanted to be, was the character that was developed over the course of 73 feature films. But the Ginger that they didn't always see - was a real and daring woman, who, in her bountiful lifetime accomplished so much for herself and for millions of women that followed in her path.

The items shown in the exhibition are exclusive, and the show is being written especially for the event - containing stories and music about and by Ginger. It paints a portrait of this incredible Oscar winning actress, dancer, comedienne, artist, and singer who was a cosmopolitan woman, leading the way in a career in motion pictures, as well as in her personal life.

Ginger was an innovator and a "dame" in every sense of the word; a trailblazer in the world of entertainment, achieving equality and respect in what was clearly a male dominated environment (in the 1940's she was the highest paid actor or actress in Hollywood.)

This exclusive engagement (in Boston in October, and NYC in early 2012) will include not only the songs written especially for her by Irving Berlin, the Gershwins, Jerome Kern, and many more - but it will tell stories from her life that have never been heard, contain songs that she wrote, and share moments kept in diaries by her very creative writer/mother Lela. Some of the film clips will include her fantastic dancing, her Oscar winning performance in Kitty Foyle, her creation of the character Roxie Hart (that was to become the basis for the musical Chicago) and her comic turns with Cary Grant.

Hosted by famed film historian Nick Clooney and starring the wonderful singer and actress Karen Oberlin backed by a fine quartet of musicians - this show will be a first for the nation in 2011. Also at each performance, a special invited guest star will appear to reminisce about Ginger's importance to American film, and to American society.

The Ginger Rogers CENTURY Exhibition is curated by Vita Paladino, Director of the Howard Gotlieb Archival Research Center at Boston University, and archivist J.C Johnson. The exhibition will open on Monday, October 24 at 5:30 PM at the Richards-Frost Exhibition Room of the Mugar Library Building, First Floor (771 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215). There will be an adjacent reception at the Howard Gotlieb Memorial Gallery, beginning at 5:30 PM.

The special live performance will be on Monday October 24 at 8:00 PM at Tsai Performance Center (685 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02215). Please call the box office at (617) 353-8725 for tickets. Tickets can be purchased in person at the Tsai box office. Tickets are $20.00. There will be a second performance on Tuesday, October 25 at 7:30 PM at the Coolidge Corner Theatre (290 Harvard Street, Brookline, MA 02446). Please visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or the box office for more information. Tickets are $20.00 ($17.00 for Coolidge Corner Theatre Members)

"Sure Fred Astaire was great. But don't forget Ginger Rogers did everything he did backwards.....and in high heels!" - Bob Thaves

"In her life, as in her films, Rogers was a distinctly independent woman. She was so modern in her directness, her self-possession, her firm command of her expressive powers - let alone her career. "Rogers' name is forever linked with Astaire's, but she is hardly a second banana. Matching her warmth and steeliness to his nervous perfectionism, she elevated the greatest dancer of the day. She had hotshot composers - Gershwin, Kern, Berlin - writing for her films, much as Tchaikovsky wrote for the Russian ballet. She ran with intellectuals, entrepreneurs and celebrities alike; among her many wooers were New Yorker founder Harold Ross, aviation magnate Howard Hughes and actor Cary Grant. She had five husbands and no children, and when she wasn't in front of a camera, she was probably on the tennis courts, or at her Oregon ranch. Considered a natural athlete, she was said to have near-professional skill."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 01 Sep 2011, 19:00

When I was a kid would sit in front of TV all day on SAT. watching Fred and Ginger, maybe that's why I continue to watch DWTS even though I don't agree with the voting system.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 19:28

I would love to go! It's my cup of tea!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 01 Sep 2011, 19:53

If a man,he search his mother in a woman, ladys is better escape from him!

l

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 01 Sep 2011, 20:54

lela - VERY, very funny. And true.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 21:55

Hummmm… scratch What's that have to do with Ginger Rogers? Did I miss something? Just wondering…

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 01 Sep 2011, 21:56

I think lela just posted in the wrong thread. Hey, that something I would definitely do. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 22:02

Well, it’s especially funny because she posted the same message after two of my posts. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 01 Sep 2011, 23:32

Funny but good advise.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Sep 2011, 23:55

This conversation made me think about advice. In doing so, I remembered a few people that did amazing things and what they thought about advice. Some of them are quite funny!

The advice that is wanted is commonly not welcome and that which is not wanted, evidently an effrontery. ~Samuel Johnson

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Marcus Tullius Cicero

I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite. ~Gilbert K. Chesterton

Just thought I’d share these because the men they represent are “stars” in their own right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 02 Sep 2011, 01:14

LOL So true. I often get advice but when I think about I usually decide to do what I want to do because those giving the advice are saying what suits them best not me! Nick and Nina have a wonderful relationship I'm not so sure it has always been that way. I think like all couples they have had difficulties but worked out how to solve the problems. I don't think divorce was even thought about with these two. That is what would scare George!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 10 Sep 2011, 09:12

Curtain rises on $30 million EKU Center for the Arts

Owensboro Symphony Orchestra and Associate Conductor, Thomas Stites performed Dmitri Shostakovich's Festive Overture, Op. 96 during the Opening Gala and Celebration for the EKU Center for the Arts in Richmond, Ky., on Sept. 9, 2011.

RICHMOND — Eastern Kentucky University's dot on the state arts map got a lot bigger Friday night with the official opening of the long-anticipated EKU Center for the Arts.
"Communities and regions and states have life-changing events," university president Doug Whitlock said on the stage of the new theater before a performance by the Owensboro Symphony Orchestra. "And if I'm not badly mistaken, tonight is one of those for Richmond, Madison County and the Commonwealth of Kentucky."
With 2,100 seats, the theater is the largest performing arts facility in Central Kentucky, outpacing Lexington's Singletary Center for the Arts at the University of Kentucky and Danville's Norton Center for the Arts at Center College.
The center will open to the public in two weeks with a Sept. 24 performance by Kentucky native and one-time Richmond resident Wynonna Judd. On Friday night, an invited audience heard a performance by the Owensboro Symphony Orchestra with Cirque de la Symphony, the Eastern Kentucky University Choir, the American Spiritual Ensemble, and Nick Clooney, who narrated a performance of Aaron Copland's A Lincoln Portrait.
The crowd included many state and local arts and government officials, including Kentucky first lady Jane Beshear, U.S. Rep. Ben Chandler, and Kentucky Arts Council executive director Lori Meadows.
Reflecting on the fact that the facility, costing more than $30 million, was built during an economic recession, Meadows said, "It says that people want the arts in their community and that this is really important to them."
Chandler touted the facility's role in creating jobs, both in construction and in operating the center now that it's opened.
"This is the sort of thing we need to be doing," Chandler said. "These are the sorts of things that cost a little money but turn around and generate revenue for the community."
Center director Deb Hoskins said 125 EKU students work at the center, and many of them were lined up at the entrance in black dresses or pressed shirts and EKU maroon ties as guests arrived for cocktails and dinner before the concert.
The evening had one noteworthy hitch, as a long line for tickets at the will-call window delayed the performance by nearly an hour. Hoskins explained that the center's ticketing system was not set up yet, and organizers did not anticipate how much time it would take to manually distribute tickets.
Among the guests was George Foreman, Hoskins' boss when she was at the Norton Center.
"It's a wonderful facility," said Foreman, now director of the performing arts facilities at the University of Georgia. "It has more stage space, especially up top, than the Norton Center and the Opera House, which will give it a lot of options for what it can bring in here.
"What's really wonderful is to see the support from the community and the university. That's really important."
University of Kentucky Opera Theatre director and Spiritual Ensemble director Everett McCorvey gave the theater high marks for its appearance and acoustics.
"It's going to bring a lot more world class artists to Central Kentucky who might have gone to Louisville or Cincinnati before," McCorvey said. "I hope that citizens in Lexington and the region will celebrate that we have a facility like this in our midst."
Hoskins pointed out that it will be particularly special to people in Richmond, who have had to drive to Lexington, Danville or farther to see artists like Judd, Willie Nelson, Disney's Beauty and the Beast and other acts booked to play the center.
"Now," she said, "this is their back yard."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:05

Look a werewolf ! Link
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:43

Thanks for that great link, Atalante.Those were great pics, and great memories. Good find.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 14 Sep 2011, 22:04

Great great pics!!! Thanks! Very Happy
George looks great in that pics!! seems that was when he started to change his look! and be so handsome... cheers
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 22:30

he is always amazing Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 14 Sep 2011, 23:34

hathaross wrote:Great great pics!!! Thanks! Very Happy
George looks great in that pics!! seems that was when he started to change his look! and be so handsome... cheers

Good looking trio!! What year was this taken?
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:23

Looking at Nick and him in profile makes me realize how much he takes after his dad. Same chin, cheeks, smile, they both are blessed with hair.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 15 Sep 2011, 06:19

my thoughts too
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Sep 2011, 07:30

Spags on guard duty LOL....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 23 Sep 2011, 07:54

That isn't Spags unless they called their new dog the same as their last!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 23 Sep 2011, 18:10

Poor Spags...I don't ever remember reading that he had died...anyway his replacement is cute too...
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 23 Sep 2011, 20:02

Cute dog.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Sep 2011, 00:18

Very cute dog!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 20 Jul 2012, 07:27

Just thought I'd put a picture of Nick and Nina in Como July 2012 in here without all the other 'blah blah blah'.....

Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:23

Nick Clooney with Bob & Dolores Hope
at Rosemary Clooney's wedding to Dante Dipaolo

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 20 Jul 2012, 10:28

Nick, Rosemary & George

Rosemary & George

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 20 Jul 2012, 15:34

Thanks Merlin and Joanna for the great pictures. cheers
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Fri 20 Jul 2012, 16:28

Awesome pics. I liked the Nick and Nina photo at Lake Como the best.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jul 2012, 17:22

give me a time machine!
want to look at that boy! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down