George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

+36
lula-mae
emeraldcity
sarah ali
watching
sandwiches
dakota007
Katarina
Dior
NotAvailable
Pari
m4rose
maria4
Casey
bellybaby
macs
phys major
sisieq
Charley
doris day
Atalante
lovelylois
MyGirlKylie
annemarie
sadDonkey
lelacorb
cindigirl
Cinderella
melbert
it's me
fluffy
lucy
blubelle
pattygirl
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
laetval
40 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 Empty Re: BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

Post by Katiedot Sat 22 Oct 2011, 04:31

You've got to remember that Stacy is a d-list celeb in her own right. Now she's dating George, she's top news with a temporary bump to a-list.

Does anyone here seriously actually expect her to hide in a cupboard the whole day every day?

Because if not then accept the fact that she will get papped. That isn't famewhoring, that's simply part and parcel of being in George Clooney's life and as she's someone whose job also entails being seen in public it's pointless for us to whinge about it. Unless of course you think it's perfectly reasonable for her to hide away and never come out in public, thereby giving up her entire life.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 6 Empty Re: BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

Post by lovelylois Sat 22 Oct 2011, 04:43

Katiedot wrote: Unless of course you think it's perfectly reasonable for her to hide away and never come out in public, thereby giving up her entire life.

Yes I think it is reasonable for her to hide away and never come out in public and spare us by having to agonize and analyze her relationship with George and her wardrobe misfunctions Very Happy LOL

Speaking of Stacy and her career doesn't she have to get back to the states for her busy career. Most career girls would have a difficult time getting away for all these red carpet events. Laughing

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 22 Oct 2011, 07:52

I don't think anyone expects her to hide away but the NY shoe shop one was clearly a setup the picture taken inside so not a pap shot. Of course she is going to use this time to get as much attention she can that is the whole reason to go out with George. I don't think with all her red carpet experience she doesn't know how to do a simple thing like check the mirror and make sure the tape doesn't show that is red carpet 101. I would think that she would get more then one dress to choose from in which case she is choosing badly. Hair way too much and dresses that don't suit her body type and ones she is clearly not comfortable in. George is aware of the importance of a girl looking good on a red carpet so we have to believe he either didn't look at Stacy and didn't notice the tape( which blows the lid of the he is so into her and can't keep his eyes off her) or he knew and just didn't feel like telling her. This isn't the first time she has gone down a red carpet she has gone down several not as high profile but with the same rules. I don't believe she wasn't aware an evening gown wasn't called for just look at what George is wearing that should give you a huge hint. I think if the red carpet's are slowing down we may see her out and about more of course for some reason she has gone all pap shy again. Maybe cause it get's noticed that George is rarely with her away from the red carpet. Too me Stacy is a happy less snobby version of Eli but she is still a famewhore and will work it so she can get something out of this time with George. For a busy girl she sure get's a lot of time off, Cabo, plenty of gym time and red carpets that has pretty much been it so far.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 22 Oct 2011, 09:22

sisieq wrote:
watching wrote:Sis - can I ask why?
Sure there have been "sources" blabbing to the mags (expected but the same number came from his camp and he approved the Hello mag photos to run so.........) but she hasn't spoken to the press about the relationship. She has yet to be papped in a bikini presenting herself to the press. She isn't parading around for the paps everyday on Robertson. She is out of sight most of the time. She isn't trying to make the focus be on her as if she is the A list. She isn't (so far) financially or professionally capitalising or exploiting being with George. So fare she has been beige. Bad outfits, dim-witted tweets making her simply beige. I don't see the famewhoring but then, maybe I now expected famewhoring to be more like Betty's determined and blatant opportunistic behaviour. By this time in the GAB show relationship, Betty was back on TRL, hired for the Xmas movie, in talks with Cavalli and making herself available to the paps be on a magazine cover each week not to mention they were spotted going to dinner pretty much every night. This relationship just seems quieter and that makes me like less famewhore-y (if that is a word). At least "less" in it's current infancy. JMO.

She has tweeted about George though without using his name
She was papped buying sneakers and I think another time buying gas or something
She had the group bikini shot on twitter
She had the "paradise" pic before the airport hug came out
She did the "public hug" which he didn't exactly give back
She did her own red carpet and hammed it up in Toronto on the RC
She over dressed in Paris and London which would make one stand out

Betty was back on TRL, hired for the Xmas movie, in talks with Cavalli
Agree she got these jobs because of the George limelight, especially Cavalli, but it wasn't out of the ordinary of her past work. Let's see what offers SK gets because of George. The bartender contest and showing up at the Game Expo seems to be her ordinary work, too.

For the love of truth ...... when he met George Ely was in Rome because he was already working with TRL Christmas movie had already turned three and this was 4 and I do not think that Boldi cares much Clooney since you do not know him, Ely was already friends with Horses and Horses and often dressed has never been lacking in the fashion shows in Milan even before I knew George!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:14

Another video : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Sat 22 Oct 2011, 10:44

What a show !!!

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:35

lelacorb wrote:For the love of truth ...... when he met George Ely was in Rome because he was already working with TRL Christmas movie had already turned three and this was 4 and I do not think that Boldi cares much Clooney since you do not know him, Ely was already friends with Horses and Horses and often dressed has never been lacking in the fashion shows in Milan even before I knew George!

Sorry but I had to respond so we don't re-write history.
When Betty met George, she had been fired from TRL after only a few weeks on the job which began in mid May. That was how she was able to go from Rome to Como with him almost immediately after meeting him and spend all that time at his villa before he started shooting The American. If she was working, she would not have been able to dropped everything and follow him around. The TRL gig came back after he started filming and her profile dramatically rose in her home country and TRL decided to captitalise on it as she may have still been under contract to them.
The Xmas movie job - Boldi came out and stated that he spoke to her about the job in Sept (after they started dating) and around that time, he met George and he thought Betty would be the great love of his life. She had already filmed the tv with him but the casting of the film had not happened yet.
Cavalli - sure she knew him, turned up to his runway shows but let's not forget that her best friend Val is Cavalli's PR person. Cavalli never hired her to work for him until months after she hooked up with George. She wasn't his muse prior to meeting George and as it seems, she is not his muse since they split.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sat 22 Oct 2011, 11:55

While I understand Katie's post about stylists/designers providing dresses at the last moment for celebs to wear on the red carpet, without much time for any alterations, wasn't Stacy carrying a large dress bag with her through the airport in LA? The bag was bulky enough that it looked like there might have been more than one dress in there. Which leads me to think that she took all 3 dresses (NY, Paris, London) with her from LA and that alterations could have been done beforehand.

The dress I saw in London looked very nice on her, but I think she would have looked more comfortable in it if the boob-tape incident hadn't occurred in Paris.

Was rather amusing to see her standing beside Stan. He could have shined his little bald head in her armpit. Laughing

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:16

Duffy - I think the dress are loaners. Those would not be altered to fit her as they would be going back to the designer after the premieres. She could have been fitted (maybe) in LA to ensure she had the right dress size provided but other than that, she is on her own.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:54

watching wrote:
lelacorb wrote:For the love of truth ...... when he met George Ely was in Rome because he was already working with TRL Christmas movie had already turned three and this was 4 and I do not think that Boldi cares much Clooney since you do not know him, Ely was already friends with Horses and Horses and often dressed has never been lacking in the fashion shows in Milan even before I knew George!

Sorry but I had to respond so we don't re-write history.
When Betty met George, she had been fired from TRL after only a few weeks on the job which began in mid May. That was how she was able to go from Rome to Como with him almost immediately after meeting him and spend all that time at his villa before he started shooting The American. If she was working, she would not have been able to dropped everything and follow him around. The TRL gig came back after he started filming and her profile dramatically rose in her home country and TRL decided to captitalise on it as she may have still been under contract to them.
The Xmas movie job - Boldi came out and stated that he spoke to her about the job in Sept (after they started dating) and around that time, he met George and he thought Betty would be the great love of his life. She had already filmed the tv with him but the casting of the film had not happened yet.
Cavalli - sure she knew him, turned up to his runway shows but let's not forget that her best friend Val is Cavalli's PR person. Cavalli never hired her to work for him until months after she hooked up with George. She wasn't his muse prior to meeting George and as it seems, she is not his muse since they split.
Ely presented TRL replacing Elena Santarelli pregnant and the last episode alone has made ​​the same day and then departed by helicopter to go to Como and from there to take George to the Festival in Venice, then presented another bet Rome with Elena Santarelli, who had given birth. Work began in spring and in July she met George. Of cinepanettoni (movies are coming out around Christmas has scored more:

La fidanzata di papà
Un film di Enrico Oldoini. Con Massimo Boldi, Simona Ventura, Natalia Bush, Elisabetta Canalis, Enzo Salvi. Commedia, - Italia 2008. Data uscita al cinema: 14/11/2008.

La seconda volta non si scorda mai

Un film di Francesco Ranieri Martinotti. Con Alessandro Siani, Elisabetta Canalis, Francesco Albanese, Miriam Candurro, Marco Messeri. Commedia, durata 100 min. - Italia 2007. Data uscita al cinema: 11/04/2008.

Natale a New York

Un film di Neri Parenti. Con Christian De Sica, Sabrina Ferilli, Massimo Ghini, Claudio Bisio, Fabio De Luigi, Elisabetta Canalis.Commedia, - Italia 2006. Data uscita al cinema: 15/12/2006.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 22 Oct 2011, 12:58

Coming back to the dress, according to lookbook Stacy Keibler wore:

Gown: Maria Lucia Hohan
Clutch: Kotur
She was styled by Estee Stanley

A very brief search about Estee shows that she's styled celebs like Lea Michelle, Christina Hendricks, Marisa Tomei and Jessica Biel for events in the US, so I'll assume she's US-based.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 22 Oct 2011, 15:16

So... she took the dress with her. ???
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 22 Oct 2011, 15:17

Very interesting video. Felt sorry for Shailene. Don't know what possessed her to wear those shoes. She was definitely uncomfortable and off balance. Needed support while walking. Someone should have advised her not to wear without prior practicing. I can't imagine feeling that unsure of ones self and worrying about falling.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 22 Oct 2011, 17:42

I loved this dress and the hair I liked the whole look (but i'm no fashion maven, i have to take someone with me when buyingclothes!!)

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:05

Welcome Duffy! Glad you got to go and enjoyed reading your commentary!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by iamnoone Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:24

Wow thats what I get for thread skimming! I would have missed duffys post if not for melberts welcome to duffy! (ty melbert)

Welcome duffy and thank you for taking the time to type that out. I really enjoyed reading your observations.

iamnoone
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 22 Oct 2011, 18:40

Me, too!
Welcome and thank you, Duffy! Give Flowers2
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sat 22 Oct 2011, 19:03

Thanks very much for the warm welcome. I know how much I enjoy reading others' impressions of events, so was glad I could share my observations of the evening with you. It definitely made Thursday night much more interesting than it otherwise would have been. Wish I could have caught his 'Hi Sweetheart, how ya doin'?' comment to me on video so I didn't have to rely on just my memory. That sent me home with a smile. I'm sure people who passed me on the street thought I must have been out on a daypass from the local lunatic asylum when they saw me smiling to myself.

Duffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 22 Oct 2011, 19:43

You got a "Hi Sweetheart, how you doin?"??? Oh... lucky you! To hear that voice say that to me... I doubt I'd be able to walk home... It would look as if I was floating on air! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 22 Oct 2011, 21:27

Did anybody see fashion police. It is on fridays on E cable channel around me. Stacy was ranked the three worst dressed ladies of the week. The dress they did not like was the one in New York, Joan or Melissa said she look like Darth Vader. The thing with all of them is they thought she needs help in dressing her age and being appropriate for the carpet. Then Joan said something nasty about stacy's relationship with George, but the dog started to bark loudly and I missed it.

PS i have not seen it on any of the threads but there is a great article in Amore Magazine, by Katie Casey a gossip columinist. It was very witty .The title was How to be a george clooney girlfriend. It was practical advice for Stacy on her reality of dating clooney. I tried to download to site buy i had my usual problems Very Happy

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 22 Oct 2011, 21:53

Hi lovely the Amore Magazine was already posted by Henway I think today. You can look it up in the index.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 23 Oct 2011, 01:09

Sadly it looks like Stacy has been getting help which makes things even worse. Very D list stylist and I have seen most of those girls on the worst dress list. I'm surprised a little she actually had a stylist she needs to fire her and get one who knows what they are doing. It's funny cause they all loved Eli and once again Stacy is being put down. TMZ don't seem to like her either makes me wonder if they all know something about her we don't!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Sun 23 Oct 2011, 02:05

once again Stacy is being put down.
when?

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 23 Oct 2011, 06:49

lovelylois wrote:Did anybody see fashion police. It is on fridays on E cable channel around me. Stacy was ranked the three worst dressed ladies of the week. The dress they did not like was the one in New York, Joan or Melissa said she look like Darth Vader. The thing with all of them is they thought she needs help in dressing her age and being appropriate for the carpet. Then Joan said something nasty about stacy's relationship with George, but the dog started to bark loudly and I missed it.
Please do tell the whole story. She was ranked as the number 1 'must see' dress of the week at the beginning of the show. The only criticisms they had was that the top looked too narrow for her and they felt the dress wasn't age appropriate. They then went on to say how George's suit was too old fashioned and that if he's going to date such young women he should change his style to a younger cut and fit on his suit.

At the end of the show Kelly Osbourne suggested her as one of the bad choices but everyone else went with the woman in the short red dress (can't remember who that was now).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 23 Oct 2011, 08:58

I thought her hair looked nice and the dress was lovely but personally I think those strapless dresses make anyone look too bare on top and 'uncomfortable' no matter how big/small their bust is...thin straps would make all the difference IMO...
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sun 23 Oct 2011, 16:52

I'm not a fashionista but I thought she looked pretty... But after reading all opinions, I do see what everyone is talking about... It did make her shoulders look bigger instead of her breasts... if you know what I mean. No offense!
Cinderella
Cinderella

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 16:56

I think George was more interested in her showing her breasts. Isn't that the whole point of the show? Big smile, long legs, bulging breasts. Good arm candy. Still wish she would wear lower heels though so she doesn't look as "big.'
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:00

Almost every time I've seen anyone in a strapless gown, like the ones Stacy was wearing, their boobies look as if they would hang to their knees if set free. It's probably the design of the gown. I'm no designer or fashionista, but shouldn't there be some kind of support for the boobies built into the dress?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 23 Oct 2011, 18:55

What I have been thinking about in the middle of the night ,when I can't sleep, which is usually the ridiculous ,it is not about the dress or even how they looked together, but what Duffy said in the thread that George and Stacy did not stay for the premiere, they just walked the red carpet and hung out for awhile. According to my hair stylist that takes a long time to put your hair into braids like that and get the make-up right. She did all that work for a quick walk down the carpet and back to the hotel or catch the red eye home or maybe their at como, who knows. I am sure there are a lot of celebrities that do this, it just seems a lot of work for a quick photo opp.

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 23 Oct 2011, 19:06

Maybe that's why she wanted pictures of her taken alone when G was giving autographs. She probably got enough exposure there. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 23 Oct 2011, 20:08

They actually went out to dinner after the premiere.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Sun 23 Oct 2011, 21:05

Yes lovelylois, it did seem like a lot of preparation had gone into just a few brief minutes. It probably took hours and hours for her to look the way she did. And I'm still having trouble seeing the point of her being there in the first place. The fans and press weren't there to speak to her or take pictures of her specifically. Though I do want to add that she wasn't fame-whoring that evening. The photogs were the ones yelling at her to stay out there on the carpet after George walked away. (I think in one of the videos above you can see Stan pointing to a particular point on the carpet for her to stand to have pictures taken.) But after the pics were taken, she went inside the lobby to stand against a pillar, as if she was taking a break from her job.

The whole group of them did not stay longer than 15 minutes past the official start time of the film, just long enough for an introduction to be made (during which Stacy would not have been visible). There was no posing after they exited the theatre and got back into the car. Seemed like such a waste to me that she would go through so much for such a short time.

As for staying for the actual screening, I think it's fairly normal for actors/directors to leave beforehand. I think there is a video on here somewhere (perhaps an Access Hollywood clip) where George was asked if he was staying for the LA premiere (the one where Stacy showed up in the gold dress), and he answered by saying that he had to stay for the whole screening that time because he had family and friends there. Wonder how many times he's had to sit through both movies? Must get quite boring after awhile.

Duffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6