George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

+36
lula-mae
emeraldcity
sarah ali
watching
sandwiches
dakota007
Katarina
Dior
NotAvailable
Pari
m4rose
maria4
Casey
bellybaby
macs
phys major
sisieq
Charley
doris day
Atalante
lovelylois
MyGirlKylie
annemarie
sadDonkey
lelacorb
cindigirl
Cinderella
melbert
it's me
fluffy
lucy
blubelle
pattygirl
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
laetval
40 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

Post by Casey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:10

Katiedot wrote:One thing you guys may not understand about the dress is that it's probably loaned to her. Loaned dresses sometimes don't get delivered until the very last minute (and one can only hope it was cleaned since the last person wore it, but no guarantee).

I've hand-carried a dress myself to a VIP suite staying in a hotel where I worked and she was on the red carpet a few hours later. Very little time to make alterations.

How many dresses you get and what kind of dresses you get depends both on who celebrity is and also the pulling power of the stylist who's calling in the clothes from the designers. Sometimes the dress doesn't come from the designer but from a store that sells the clothes.

One stylist acquaintance of mine once 'borrowed' a dress from Harvey Nichols and was on tenterhooks the whole night because he had to return it in pristine condition the next day or pay for it himself. I say 'borrowed' because I'm not entirely sure that the store was aware that the dress was for a red carpet event and not for one of his high profile clients to try on and possibly buy.

Yep, her dresses are not fitted for her, so yeah, they're borrowed. But going by what you said, Katie, the next question then is why isn't George using his A list star power to get her either a higher ranking stylist, or getting his people to call up the top designers directly? For example, he has a good relationship with Armani. I can't imagine Armani saying no to him. All of his women are left on their own when it comes to their official duties wardrobe. I wonder why that is. He just doesn't care enough?

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011 - Page 5 Empty Re: BFI London Film Festival 12 - 27 October 2011

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:14

I think that's exactly it: he doesn't care.

We already know he doesn't give a damn about his own clothes and if it weren't for Giorgio Armani asking him not to, he'd still be wearing the same tux he's had for years.

This is a man who would live in jeans and slogan t-shirts if he didn't sometimes have to put on a suit for occasions.

So why on earth would he care about women's clothes?

I think some people have a bit of a Pretty Woman fantasy about George dressing his girlfriends and choosing their clothes but I suspect he doesn't get involved at all.

Shopping for himself doesn't interest him; helping a woman choose her dress is going to be even less interesting.

Let's face it, he wears nice suits because Armani gives them to him. How likely is it that he's going to select dresses and give meaningful hair, makeup and fashion advice to his girlfriend? Do any of your partners get that involved in your clothing choices?

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:17; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:14

Charley - I look at the wrestling gig as a job. It is very easy to play a character in a situation where you have trained to meet expectations and capable in handling yourself in that environment. Also when she was wrestling, she had fans that were there supporting her. Here she is just arm candy. Other than DWTS, she hasn't built name recognition with the general public or even solid acting credit to her name to give reason to be on a carpet for a film release.

It must be harder to just be yourself, with no support or mask to hide behind, on a red carpet that is not about you, your "talent" or where you have anything to offer other than the way you look. So yeah, I think that wouldm make her overly concious of her appearance to the point of going over the top and not making great choices fashion wise if she is feeling the pressure and stressing out about it. She is getting more coverage as the girlfriend of than she every got for any work / job that she has ever earnt. So in one way, this is a whole new environment for her. I doubt at the after party anyone was offering trays of jello shots like the events she usually would go to. Maybe you would better adapt in that situation, maybe she can't or is focused on how much she has riding on this association and how long she can milk the association so by trying to please George and meet his perceived expectations of a date, she goes against her instincts and makes choices that seem safe, if not, predictable. Lord knows that dress have been done to death by a number of designers. Same with the Paris one.

So maybe I am cutting her some slack - so far she hasn't turned out to be a grade A bitch, look down her nose at other people or think she is better than anyone else purely based on the way she looks and who she might be sleeping with. She seems to be able to take care of herself. She has her own circle of friends that haven't been dropped the second Clooney came onto the scene. She is not famewhoring herself or George out. So far she has been non-offensive. And that is an improvement on many of the past women.

And the dress should have sat flat against her torso. If you look at it in a full length shot, the front of the dress is higher up off the ground than the rest therefore the bunching was not part of the design of the dress. It should have been pulled down flat when the cords where wrapped around her waist to give her waist definition.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:15

"back strap hanging down on heel" ....I saw this too, but wasn't sure! Can she not find ANYTHING that fits well??
UGH! I can't find anything good to say about this. And I think it's funny and true what Watching said, regarding nobody alerting Cracy to her titty tape dilemma (in her earlier post). A rule of thumb that I was taught was, if you see something wrong on someone (underware hanging out, etc.), if it's something they can fix immediately, then tell them. If they can't then dont. So why nobody said anything? Who knows, maybe they don't like her either and want to see her make a fool of herself. Apparently George ain't looking at her breast either...or maybe he did and was scared affraid
And whether or not the clothes are borrowed, or showed up 5 minutes before, if it doesn't look good, and you knew you were going to be photoed - would you wear it? Wouldn't you at least have brought some kind of backup?
She's trying so hard, it's sad. As someone said, like a little girl playing dress up. Simple, honey. Simple. Simple, classic lines. Clothes (and shoes) that fit. You won't go wrong.

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:24

Katie, he may be a man who lives in worn out jeans, but he makes an effort when he's on the red carpet. He knows that he looks great in a well fitted suit or tuxedo. He must be aware that the woman has to have the same attention to the fit and style. We're not talking about everyday wear here. We're talking red carpet gear, and he's been in the business long enough to know the red carpet matters. He didn't constantly tell EC to smile for nothing. LOL. Don't know why he doesn't make an effort on behalf of the woman, but he doesn't. They're left on their own.

Casey
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:38

I'm not so sure about that. His own clothes are safe classics that don't change much from year to year. He only looks good on the red carpet because he's got a nicely fitted tux and suits, all from Armani.

He knows he has to be clean and groomed on the red carpet but I don't think he has much fashion sense or style over and above the basics.

It's not a problem for men because they can be safe on the red carpet and nobody expects them to make a style statement.

I think that if you were to ask him what the fashion conscious woman is wearing on the red carpet this year, or what someone of Stacy's body shape should wear to flatter her, he'd flounder.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:40

According to this article, the hairstyle is now being deemed a milkmaid braird. Doubt that was what she was going for.

Stacy Keibler Sports Milkmaid Braids : Celebrity Hairstyle
October 21, 2011 By benaifer

Actress/model Stacy Keibler looked stunning in a very low-cut strapless gold gown as she attended the UK premiere of boyfriend George Clooney’s The Descendants which was screened at Odeon Leicester Square in London, England as part of the 55th Annual Times BFI London Film Festival.

The 32-year-old former wrestler sure doesn’t need any fashion tips. She looked like a benevolent goddess in her Grecian gown. And what really gave substance to that look was her hairdo.

Stunning Stacy chose to go with milkmaid braids – a look made famous by Star Wars’ Princess Leia – but a more modern take of the timeless hairdo. The softness of the look accentuated the dress and Stacy’s delicate features, contributing to the overall success of her ensemble.

Milkmaid braids came into the limelight in 2008, and although they have gone in and out of fashion they have never gone out of style. And with good reason. This hairstyle looks great with practically any outfit and has several variations so if you are not happy with one type of milkmaid braid hairdo; there are a dozen others to choose from. You can wear your hair in milkmaid braids at work, at a party, or even just around the house to look pretty.

The best part is that this is not a very difficult style to learn. The milkmaid braid is simple and practical but is cooler than a regular ponytail. But you need long hair (below your shoulders) to pull off this hair style. What’s more, once you get good at it, it will only take you about ten minutes to get your hair into milkmaid braids.

link
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 13:44

Red Carpet Fashion Awards want to nominate her for best dress of the week:

From red carpet fashion awards

Stacey Keibler In Maria Lucia Hohan – ‘The Descendants’ London Film Festival Premiere

October 20th, 2011

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stacey Keibler was able to redeem herself very quickly following her wardrobe malfunction at ‘The Descendants’ Paris premiere.

The actress looked sensational as she stepped onto the red carpet with George Clooney for the London Film Festival premiere tonight.

She wore a Maria Lucia Hohan nude gown.

Her beautiful romantic mousseline gown with a sweetheart neckline was teamed with a lilac Kotur clutch.

A braided bun and rose gold drop earrings completed her look.

This is the best she’s ever looked.

That smile tells me she knows it too.

Demi Lovato wore a similar gown by the same designer earlier this year.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:00

Ladies, has no-one noticed that Stace only seems to make it out really on Decendants nights and that when IOM premiers happen, it's only Gee on the carpet. The focus stays with George, of course, his baby and rightly so. The oops she's had are on the other nights when he's probably not really paying attention anyway, but I'm glad to see that George is putting in some effort to TD, seeing as just because he didn't direct it, still no reason not to publicise it. I bet though he saw the "TT" incident and said nothing for a laugh!!!! Oh Georgie!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:02

Looks like they had Chinese that night (thank Henway for the link)

From The Sun

Stacey Keibler's a knockout on night out with George Clooney

HOLLYWOOD megastar and a former WWE wrestler seems like a bit of a mismatch. But it was Stacy Keibler who left George Clooney in the shade - as she towered over him on a night out.

The silver fox was left hurrying to catch up with his girlfriend - who boasts a pair of 42-inch pins - as they left London's China Tang restaurant last night.

Blonde Stacy dazzled onlookers in her full-length gown, accessorised with diamond earrings and plaits wound around her head.

George wore a smart suit with an open-necked shirt as he followed her out of the restaurant, attached to the upmarket Dorchester Hotel.

The pair have recently gone public as a couple after striking up a relationship earlier this year, with Stacy accompanying George to his film premieres.

They were in town last night for a screening of the heart-throb's new movie, The Descendants. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:17

I said it in one of my comments...I noticed the color but it disappeared on her orange skin and "blonde" hair. So dumb, doesn't even know what color looks good on her... Good grief.

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:30

She should've worn the same color as her purse. That lavender color would look better on her.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:34

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kaiser from celebitchy originally thought stacy was sent home because of the tape and negative publicity- weighs in on the dress and how they looked on the red carpet

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 14:51

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 15:03

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 15:18

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 15:20

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 15:22

More pics here : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 18:54

This one from the dinner made me laugh:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 21 Oct 2011, 18:58

Any ideas what was going on here? It looks like he's got a sudden spasm of pain:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 21 Oct 2011, 19:11

Maybe someone was trying to have physic sex with him Eeek!
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 21 Oct 2011, 19:15

He stepped on her gown and she's still smiling. She's a pro. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Fri 21 Oct 2011, 19:44

Lol, hope she doesn't have to return that gown to anyone.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 21 Oct 2011, 20:17

laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 21 Oct 2011, 20:28

i think he was drunk late in this evening .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by dakota007 Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:10

he was being funny!!
dakota007
dakota007
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:29

Hi everyone,
Coming out of lurkerdom for a brief moment to add some comments about the Descendants premiere. Apologies in advance for this being long, but figured I'd better write it all down before I couldn't remember anymore! I happened to be at Leicester Square last night where the premiere was held and was lucky enough to get a prime viewing spot at the side of the carpet.

Everything seemed to be running about 20 minutes behind schedule. The film was supposed to start at 7:30pm, but George didn't show up until about 6:50pm, which for him, seemed rather late. Shailene was the first one there and went straight over to the press line. (Could not believe the heels she had on - must have been 5" easy! Have no idea how she managed to walk in them. Though she did seem to hold on to the barriers as she inched her way along the press line.) Alexander Payne was the next one along. Very strange blue suit, but from what I've seen in previous photos, the man is fashion-challenged at the best of times. He also went straight to the press line, and didn't really stop to talk to any fans along the opposite side of the carpet.

Everyone knew when George arrived as you could hear the crowd erupt at the far end as he got out of the car. He and Amazon Barbie practically ran down the full length of the carpet to the photographers standing by the doors next to the theatre. George spent a couple minutes at most taking pictures with her, then doubled back to the far end of the carpet where he first got out of the car, telling the crowd that he'd be coming back down shortly.

He was the only one to interact with the fans, and worked his way back along the full length of the carpet signing autographs, taking pictures, and shaking hands. People who had bought tickets to the premiere were also milling around on the carpet gawking at him as he moved along, despite the security guards trying to usher them all into the theatre.

And despite the crowd, George didn't miss a single person along the way. I thought I was going to miss him completely as he came along the carpet towards me, only to sidestep around people stopping to take pictures of him. But I guess he saw my outstretched hand out of the corner of his eye and moved back toward me to shake my hand. (I can now truthfully say the man has very nice hands! And man, can he wear a suit.) He was extremely polite to everyone he spoke to and went along the full length of the crowd before going across the carpet to do another 10-15 minutes with the press agencies.

By that point, it was very close to 7:30, and he moved into the theatre lobby where more pictures were taken. After having her picture taken alone while George was working the crowd, Amazon Barbie had moved into the lobby and could be seen standing up against a pillar, chatting away to the handlers. Once George came inside, she moved to his side for more pictures, and kept chatting away to Gio, Stan, and others standing with them. She appeared to be completely comfortable with them, and actually hugged Shailene at one point. They finally entered the theatre en masse and were out of view for about 15 minutes more.

Apparently after the Ides premiere the previous evening, George had come back out to leave after introducing the film (he didn't stay for either premiere) and stopped to take more pictures with fans before being driven off in his car. But I guess because he had 'company' last night, he didn't stop to do that again, apart from a couple quick autographs signed as he was getting into the car.

After having some time to reflect on it all, my thoughts on her:
- she served no real purpose in being there, strictly arm candy only for a very brief period of time
- she does appear to be quite good-natured (never stopped smiling), in direct contrast to her predecessor
- she was completely over-dressed; no one else anywhere on the carpet had on a formal dress, so it was very much a case of 'look at me, I'm here!' Only problem was, next to no one had any clue who she was, and I think many in the crowd thought she was just some random woman who escorted George down the carpet into the theatre.

My thoughts on him...
- It was a first for me to be that close to a red carpet, and of course, George. Not sure if it's because he looks the way he does, or if it's something else entirely, but I finally understood what people have meant when they say he has incredible charisma. He has quite the energy about him, and is a very dynamic individual. Not in an overwhelming way, because he's very intent on making people feel comfortable around him.
- He was definitely in control of everything going on around him, telling Stan (and Gio) where he was heading next, and leaving them to trail along behind him. Sort of like the Pied Piper. For someone who claims to not like the publicising/selling of his films to the public, he still does an extremely good job of it.
- He is an incredibly good-looking man, and appeared neither short nor frail-looking when he stood in front of you. The Amazon Barbie towered over him only because she had on her 4" heels again. I got the feeling he didn't give a crap about that, but I still can't figure out why he bothered to take her in the first place (again, what purpose did she serve?)
- If he was in any pain, it was not noticeable in his actions or facial expressions.
- And the suit...it's probably a good thing he wasn't wearing a tux because the suit alone last night was enough to make me drool. Must be nice to be friends with Armani.

I managed to take a few pics, but given I'm a newbie at posting on here, it might take me awhile to figure out how to post them.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:37

Hi Duffy and welcome. Thanks for the Descendents comment on George and the jolly green giant. Looking forward to more posts from you.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:52

George had come back out to leave after introducing the film (he didn't stay for either premiere)

really?
and the (we hope usual) applauses at the end?

grazie Duffy!

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Oct 2011, 21:53

Merlin wrote:Maybe someone was trying to have physic sex with him Eeek!

wot ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:01

LouisLane wrote:I get the gown, she is trying to go for a Greek goddess look...As if...

EC was trying for the Greek goddess at the Golden Globes
EC/Venice - SK/Paris close to same style gown

SK failed both times, IMHO, as the gowns did nothing for her in shape or color.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:05

Duffy -welcome. I love the name Amazon Barbie because I think you really captured her. sunny
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:10

it's me wrote:
George had come back out to leave after introducing the film (he didn't stay for either premiere)

really?

grazie Duffy!

So are you saying that since he didn't stay for either of the premieres- Stacy got all dressed up for a walk down the red carpet for photos. Wow she really wants to be in the limelight if that is the case. So all dressed up and no place to go - but back to the hotel Laughing Laughing

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:20

well...

meglio ke stia zitta... va là
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:25

@Duffy - thanks for a great post. Hope you pop in more often!

@watching - "She is not famewhoring herself or George out."

I respectfully disagree.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:41

fluffy wrote:Ladies, has no-one noticed that Stace only seems to make it out really on Decendants nights and that when IOM premiers happen, it's only Gee on the carpet. The focus stays with George, of course, his baby and rightly so. The oops she's had are on the other nights when he's probably not really paying attention anyway, but I'm glad to see that George is putting in some effort to TD, seeing as just because he didn't direct it, still no reason not to publicise it. I bet though he saw the "TT" incident and said nothing for a laugh!!!! Oh Georgie!!!!
Wasn't she at both in Toronto? scratch

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:51

Casey wrote:Katie, he may be a man who lives in worn out jeans, but he makes an effort when he's on the red carpet. He knows that he looks great in a well fitted suit or tuxedo. He must be aware that the woman has to have the same attention to the fit and style. We're not talking about everyday wear here. We're talking red carpet gear, and he's been in the business long enough to know the red carpet matters. He didn't constantly tell EC to smile for nothing. LOL. Don't know why he doesn't make an effort on behalf of the woman, but he doesn't. They're left on their own.
Just using your quote to bring the subject back up and a thought all Stacy had to do was ask George or Stan what was the dress "theme" - gala, causal chic, business - or the stylist (if there was one) and, I would think the store or designer who is loaning the outfit would have asked for the dress style so they would know what type of outfit to bring over. Also, I would think knowing their outfit would be photographed next to George, that at least a couple would have been put together for her to decide. And, let's not forget that she had an extra day to get ready since she wasn't at the first movie. Maybe Duffy has a good point, SK chose a gown that would make her stand out. I read that Kaylie's (sorry for sp) dress was a Dior. Thought K's shoes were too busy for the dress, IMHO.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:54

lovelylois wrote:
it's me wrote:

really?

grazie Duffy!

So are you saying that since he didn't stay for either of the premieres- Stacy got all dressed up for a walk down the red carpet for photos. Wow she really wants to be in the limelight if that is the case. So all dressed up and no place to go - but back to the hotel Laughing Laughing

LOL, don't forget that EC had that white gown specially made for the Emmy's and he didn't even walk the RC.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:55

sisieq wrote:
LouisLane wrote:I get the gown, she is trying to go for a Greek goddess look...As if...

EC was trying for the Greek goddess at the Golden Globes
EC/Venice - SK/Paris close to same style gown

SK failed both times, IMHO, as the gowns did nothing for her in shape or color.
Forgot to add that was the 2 times EC looked her best.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 21 Oct 2011, 22:58

Sis - can I ask why?
Sure there have been "sources" blabbing to the mags (expected but the same number came from his camp and he approved the Hello mag photos to run so.........) but she hasn't spoken to the press about the relationship. She has yet to be papped in a bikini presenting herself to the press. She isn't parading around for the paps everyday on Robertson. She is out of sight most of the time. She isn't trying to make the focus be on her as if she is the A list. She isn't (so far) financially or professionally capitalising or exploiting being with George. So fare she has been beige. Bad outfits, dim-witted tweets making her simply beige. I don't see the famewhoring but then, maybe I now expected famewhoring to be more like Betty's determined and blatant opportunistic behaviour. By this time in the GAB show relationship, Betty was back on TRL, hired for the Xmas movie, in talks with Cavalli and making herself available to the paps be on a magazine cover each week not to mention they were spotted going to dinner pretty much every night. This relationship just seems quieter and that makes me like less famewhore-y (if that is a word). At least "less" in it's current infancy. JMO.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:13

The Asian guy int he photos is the same one who was at NYFF telling security to make a barricade at Alice Tully Hall and to not let anyone get near George. I spoke to him to know where I could stay since they were closing one of the side entrances (where the "stars" would come), he said: you can either stay outside or stay inside but behind that, we are going to block it here. I said: I 'd rather stay inside, so I can see the movie. he said; you're welcome to see the movie. Of course I am going, I have the ticket. This a*swhole (excuse my French) works for George...

Anyway, someone said on Celebitchy that one of the photos show her undergarment, hahaha. Poor thing, it must be hard trying to be glam and classy, when you don't have IT in you.

Last edited by LouisLane on Sat 22 Oct 2011, 03:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info +spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:19

tipsy eh....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:21

it's me wrote:tipsy eh....
lol!

he sure looked drunk. I guess he found the perfect party girl...

Last edited by LouisLane on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction on statement)

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:23

well
I hope not
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:29

i love how stacy looked in that gown in london and her hair is so daring elisabetta never took such risk wasn't that brave with her hair and stacy looked beautiful more than she usually looks .... just pretty.

elisabetta hardly look good in casual and in red carpet ill fitting only the first time in venice she looked pretty

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Fri 21 Oct 2011, 23:41

Hi Duffy , and thanks for being our insider Hoorah!

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 22 Oct 2011, 00:22

watching wrote:Sis - can I ask why?
Sure there have been "sources" blabbing to the mags (expected but the same number came from his camp and he approved the Hello mag photos to run so.........) but she hasn't spoken to the press about the relationship. She has yet to be papped in a bikini presenting herself to the press. She isn't parading around for the paps everyday on Robertson. She is out of sight most of the time. She isn't trying to make the focus be on her as if she is the A list. She isn't (so far) financially or professionally capitalising or exploiting being with George. So fare she has been beige. Bad outfits, dim-witted tweets making her simply beige. I don't see the famewhoring but then, maybe I now expected famewhoring to be more like Betty's determined and blatant opportunistic behaviour. By this time in the GAB show relationship, Betty was back on TRL, hired for the Xmas movie, in talks with Cavalli and making herself available to the paps be on a magazine cover each week not to mention they were spotted going to dinner pretty much every night. This relationship just seems quieter and that makes me like less famewhore-y (if that is a word). At least "less" in it's current infancy. JMO.

She has tweeted about George though without using his name
She was papped buying sneakers and I think another time buying gas or something
She had the group bikini shot on twitter
She had the "paradise" pic before the airport hug came out
She did the "public hug" which he didn't exactly give back
She did her own red carpet and hammed it up in Toronto on the RC
She over dressed in Paris and London which would make one stand out

Betty was back on TRL, hired for the Xmas movie, in talks with Cavalli
Agree she got these jobs because of the George limelight, especially Cavalli, but it wasn't out of the ordinary of her past work. Let's see what offers SK gets because of George. The bartender contest and showing up at the Game Expo seems to be her ordinary work, too.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 22 Oct 2011, 00:30

Go away for a day and look what happens. IMO this is SK best yet, liked the dress, color, hair, thought she was self conscious after the tape incident. Think it's like Katie said she probably didn't have much choice or time, and too late to change style of dress after Paris. Watching all these RC vids. makes me more aware of how difficult walking a RC can be with all the cameras, shouting, no wonder some look like a deer in headlights, or get caught with strange expressions.
Duffy, great first post! if that's your beginning can't wait for more.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Sat 22 Oct 2011, 00:38

Duffy, welcome. I enjoyed reading your post. Hope you stick around and join in the chatter. Thumbs up!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 22 Oct 2011, 01:19

Welcome Duffy. love the Amazon Barbie I think I will use it. LOL Of course Stacy is using George she isn't being as blatant but being the only one wearing an evening dress to an event were no one else is screams look at me she even posed by herself on the red carpet in London. That see through dress in NY was a look at me dress too. The girl is hoping to get as much if not more out of it then Eli she want's to be famous too. Stacy has had pap shots, there was lunch a gas station, driving into Georges, several of the tabloid shows actually went to the bar to interview her which if she wasn't with George she wouldn't have got and of course the shopping for shoes. She hasn't talked about George but has had the I'm so happy blah blah tweets. Then there is Cabo although she didn't go for a walk along the beach alone I think she still has some tricks to learn. No big interviews yet and no work but give her time it's only been a few weeks. To me Stacy is simply a different girl with the same goals.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next