George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named

3 posters

Go down

Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named Empty Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 17:52

A slice of Hollywood glitz and glamour has descended on one of London’s leafiest suburbs – with movie stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie setting up home in Richmond- on-Thames.

Oscar winner Sandra Bullock is living just around the corner, while George Clooney has only just moved out of the neighbourhood.

Brad and Angelina, along with their six children, are staying in a lavish £10million home owned by the widow of a fashion tycoon.

Tucked away behind wooden gates, the six-bedroom property stands among surburban terraced houses, with Ford Fiestas and Nissan Micras on the drives.

George Clooney has also been a regular in the area and has only just moved out

The owner is known in Hollywood circles for providing one of the most
discreet residences for actors to use while filming at nearby Shepperton studios.

Its location has turned the historic home into a mecca for stars of silver screen, who flock to rent it for an estimated £30,000 a month.

Among the big names who have quietly rented the widow’s home are Pirates Of The Caribbean star Johnny Depp, 48, who lived there while filming in London.

Veteran actor Michael Douglas, 66, and his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, 41 have also stayed at the house. Celebrity tenants appreciate the luxurious interior in an unassuming location just ten minutes from the film studios.

Now Brad and Angelina can mingle with Sandra Bullock at the local Marks & Spencer, after she coincidentally moved into a home that backs on to their garden.

Brad and Angelina have repeatedly been seen in the West End over the past few weeks. And Angelina, 36, was spotted popping into a toy shop in Richmond to buy her children presents, including water pistols and pretend money.

Brad, 47, is in the capital filming his new zombie movie, World War Z. He is also producing the film, an adaption of Max Brooks’s novel.

Miss Congeniality star Sandra, 47, has jetted in from America to work on her latest film too.

Heart-throb George Clooney, 50, was living at another house nearby in Richmond last month while filming.

His stay coincided with that of Keanu Reeves, 46, who was over to work on his new Samurai drama, 47 Ronin.

A source said: ‘It has been the best-kept secret for years for many of the Hollywood stars that if they stayed in relatively normal houses in the suburbia of Richmond, they could go around undetected.

‘Johnny Depp always tries to use the house Brad and Angelina are in at the moment because it just doesn’t stick out and is very private and discreet inside. Yet the house is steeped in history.’

The owner and her tycoon husband bought the popular property seven years ago for just under £4 million.

It is full of old ship timbers and boasts secret cupboards and panels throughout the house.

Despite its sense of history, the residence has been completely renovated. The Hollywood guests enjoy home-from-home touches including ultra-modern bathrooms, a gym and a sauna.

The house also has a large heated indoor swimming pool complete with its own changing rooms, and a large barn-style annexe which has two bedrooms and a kitchenette.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named Empty Re: Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named

Post by lucy Mon 01 Aug 2011, 18:55

Well guess that secret's out, wonder if they will be able to still go around undetected? WOW 30 grand a month wonder who has to foot the bill on that rental?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named Empty Re: Richmond becomes home to a growing band of A-Listers- - George named

Post by cindigirl Mon 01 Aug 2011, 19:03

I was going to say the same thing myself lucy. Not so secret anymore LOL. In today's internet and news world nothing is secret (or sacred).
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 19:05

No different to knowing about Lake Como

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 01 Aug 2011, 19:07

That's true clooney, nothing is a secret for long now a days.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 01 Aug 2011, 19:11

Clooney - I love your new location "Mars,"" is it a little cooler there? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 19:46

I do feel awful for their lack of privacy. I cherish so much my free will to come and go without being noticed. I think they handle their lack of privacy very gracefully.

Last edited by LouisLane on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 00:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Mon 01 Aug 2011, 21:47

LouisLane wrote:I do feel awful for their lack of privacy. I cherish so much my free will to come and go without being noticed. I their they handle their lack of privacy very gracefully.

Agreed. I appreciate being able to run to the store without makeup and not having pics posted all over the internet.

MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Aug 2011, 22:03

i would hate to have the paps chasing me, especially if i were to have kids with me, thats when i realy dont agree with it

a Mars a day helps you work, rest and play - and get podgy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Aug 2011, 00:37

Whenever someone is looking a bit too long at me I feel there is something wrong, lol. Can you imagine? people staring at you at stores, restaurants, street is annoying imagine being followed and taking pictures of you every second. It shocks me when I see videos of George leaving restaurants and that amounts of flashs )one after the other), it might blind you completely and he still manages to smile and says thanks. Unfreakingbelieable! I like to see new pics, but one recent pic would be enough for me. Love3

MGK, we are so lucky to have our privacy. But when I went to Rihanna concert, I saw young people using their cell phones to take pics of other people they thought they were funny, can you believe it? taking pictures of people you don't know to post on a social network website to make fun of them. Where are we heading? No

Last edited by LouisLane on Tue 02 Aug 2011, 00:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down