George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes

+21
Maggy
silly girl
Clear As Mud
lelacorb
phys major
sadDonkey
Joanna
Cinderella
Lighterside
Atalante
pattygirl
it's me
MM
MyGirlKylie
cindigirl
fluffy
lucy
melbert
Dexterdidit
Merlin
Katiedot
25 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes Empty George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Dec 2010, 12:19

Feel free to add the ones you've come across.

Here's the video where he tells the story of the kitty litter prank on room mate Richard Kind:

From a 1996 interview promoting From Dusk Till Dawn, George admits playing this prank on Julianna Marguilies:
" I love practical jokes, and that one took me weeks to set up. I knew we were going into Chicago for some publicity interviews for the TV show. So, I called Norman and got him to go along...we went to the studio and began the interview. She thought it was live, but we were just taping it. All of the questions to the guys were completely professional, like "Where did you get your acting training?," "Tell me about your research for this part" - stuff like that. Every question to her was something like, "Boy, are you hot - I guess you were a cheerleader, huh." As the interview went on, you could feel the steam coming out of the top of her head, but she couldn't say anything because she thought we were live. Finally, just before she had a heart attack after he followed up on a serious question to us with a lustful comment on her legs, we let her in on the joke. She broke up. Later, we did the real interview and she got the serious consideration she deserved. It was worth all of the effort to set it up."

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 06 Jan 2013, 10:16; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : updated thread title)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes Empty Re: George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Dec 2010, 16:27

From contact music

Prankster GEORGE CLOONEY struck again at the January 2010 Golden Globes ceremony, sending his UP IN THE AIR writer/director JASON REITMAN into a panic when the filmmaker thought he'd lost his award for Best Screenplay/Motion Picture.

Clooney is renowned for playing jokes on his movie crew and castmates but decided to behave himself while shooting Reitman's award-winning drama, in which he stars as a corporate downsizer.

Reitman admits he was surprised to have escaped the actor's pranks on set - but he soon realised he had become another one of Clooney's victims at the 17 January (10) awards show when his Golden Globe went missing.

The director says, "He never pranked anybody during the shoot and we all felt a little hurt to be honest, and then the other night at the Golden Globes, he hid my Golden Globe!"

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes Empty Re: George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes

Post by Merlin Mon 13 Dec 2010, 21:16

This one was icky.....

Whenever I think of Richard Kind, I always think of this story he told on The Tonight Show about when he and George Clooney were roommates. Kind had a cat, and every day for several weeks, Clooney would clean the cat's poop out of the litter box before Kind saw it, leading Kind to worry that his cat hadn't crapped in weeks. Then finally, while Kind was out one day, Clooney took a huge dump in the litter box.

Rolling Eyes
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 13 Dec 2010, 21:19

Driving home from the Warner Bros lot one day, George spotted a huge oil painting of a big-breasted, huge-bottomed and totally naked Mexican woman, in a rubbish bin.

Swinging his grey BMW over to the kerb, he leant out and grabbed the picture. It was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen. But George had a plan. He normally meets The Boys on a Monday night but after bagging the picture, he started crying off - telling his mates he was going to art classes. Claiming it was therapeutic, he began dragging his friends around craft
fairs and artists' shops. This went on for six months until George presented Richard Kind (press secretary Paul in Spin City) with a gift - an oil painting he'd "done himself" of a large, naked Mexican woman. He'd even signed it.

Richard was flabbergasted. The picture was hideous. George had absolutely no talent. But George was his best friend in the world. How could he upset him? He managed a weak smile and hung the painting in pride of place on his living-room wall.

It was weeks before George let him in on the secret.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 13 Dec 2010, 23:43

I love that story. Poor Richard it does show what a true friend he is. George sure does seem to put alot of thought into these practical jokes. What i find most scary is that George has said the boys jokes are way better then his and bigger!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 14 Dec 2010, 01:08

I would love to hear about some of them!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:36

So would I, but they are not allowed to speak of him.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:40

Only when they're quoted as saying "she's nice" or "there was too much distance between them" or, or, or...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 03 Jun 2011, 12:10

Another Jerry Weintraub story from Ellen at the link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 20 Jul 2011, 08:34

Adding this one to the list

watching wrote:George pranked Ryan on the set of Ides. Ryan mentioned it in an interview whilst promoting his current film. There is video at the link.

Actor Ryan Gosling sat down with "Extra" to talk about his new comedy, "Crazy, Stupid Love," but ended up describing how he was pranked by practical jokes master George Clooney on the set of their upcoming drama, "Ides of March." Gosling laughed, "He will come up to you and tell you something very serious, and then you walk away and you realize your pants are wet. He's had like an Evian spray bottle. He's been spraying your crotch the whole time."

Link
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 20 Jul 2011, 08:37

Maybe Ryan just got over excited at being in the movie, nothing to do with George!!!!!! Don't remember seeing him with a bottle!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 14:35

When you're in George's presence you MUST be aware of your surroundings, particularly your own body. Not that I think for a second that we would not not be aware of our own body around him, but Beware the Ides of March, anything is possible.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 20 Jul 2011, 15:30

Yo Cindi, I'm well aware of Gee's body!!!! just hope he's not like the SAS, in and out without noticing!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 15:36

fluffy, SAS???? Please expand on that. I'm very interested!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jul 2011, 15:57

fluffy wrote:Yo Cindi, I'm well aware of Gee's body!!!! just hope he's not like the SAS, in and out without noticing!!!

10 out of 10

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 16:15

OK - SAS - sit and squat?, scoop and smile?, smile and scoot? savor and salivate? OK I get it, he gets a 10 out of 10.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 20 Jul 2011, 16:26

LOL, can't tell if you're joking or not. SAS is the special air services who are the elite of the elite. They get in and out quickly without anyone noticing.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 16:50

Thanks Katie, I had a much more sinister idea about what it meant. Although my idea was much more fun. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 20 Jul 2011, 21:20

cindigirl wrote:When you're in George's presence you MUST be aware of your surroundings, particularly your own body. Not that I think for a second that we would not not be aware of our own body around him, but Beware the Ides of March, anything is possible.

If I was in George's presence, I'm not sure I would remember my own name much less be aware of my surroundings. LoL

As a practical jokester myself, I've always thought the joke on Richard with the painting was hilarious.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 20 Jul 2011, 22:52

The painting is one of my favs, poor Richard has had his share, the cat box! Wonder what he's done to Grant, I've never read anything about pranks on him.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 21 Jul 2011, 13:59

Cindi, katie is quite right, the SAS is a special secret service that penetrate situations and leave without Humping being seen or leaving evidence. Don't want our Lovely Gee like that now do we???!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 21 Jul 2011, 14:20

So the SAS would be equivalent to the navy seals? Your not alone on this one cindigirl had no idea what SAS stood for.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 15:33

SAS was a new term for me too. Too funny!
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 21 Jul 2011, 17:09

Merlin wrote:This one was icky.....

Whenever I think of Richard Kind, I always think of this story he told on The Tonight Show about when he and George Clooney were roommates. Kind had a cat, and every day for several weeks, Clooney would clean the cat's poop out of the litter box before Kind saw it, leading Kind to worry that his cat hadn't crapped in weeks. Then finally, while Kind was out one day, Clooney took a huge dump in the litter box.

Rolling Eyes

That is nasty Vomit 1
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 21 Jul 2011, 18:23

Not really a practical joke, but it can go here:

From softpedia (who??)

George Clooney and His Genital Picture

February 28th, 2006, 13:07 GMT| By Adina Gheorghe

US TV star Roseanne Barr has claimed George Clooney once posed for a photo with a pair of "Groucho Marx glasses" covering his genitals.

The star says the Hollywood actor posed for the lewd snap while filming one of his many regular cameo appearances in her hit show "Roseanne".

She revealed that they were so drunk that Clooney accepted to be photographed in a saucy situation: "We were all drunk, my co-star John Goodman took a picture of George naked with Groucho Marx glasses over his private area and we used to have that on the fridge."

However, Clooney has denied ever posing in such an indecent picture for Roseanne or Goodman. The Oscar-nominated star admits that in the past he has placed spectacles on his penis for laughs, but wasn't brave enough to do it since he became an actor.

He told America's New York Daily News newspaper: "I called it The Face. But I knew better than to do it at that stage of my career. I must have told her the story."

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 21 Jul 2011, 20:27

Dear Roseanne,
As the saying goes "Pics or it never happened."

Sincerely,
The Girls of ClooneysOH

Wink
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 Sep 2011, 07:04

Just found this in an interview with Anton Corbijn:

Corbijn remembers one particularly memorable day’s filming: “There was a scene with a train and he made a 50 euros bet with the cameraman that the Italian train wouldn’t stop where it was meant to. The train stopped much further away and the actress came out and was confused about where she was. George was in stitches,” he recalls.

“My assistant director was furious. Later, the train driver admitted George asked him to stop five metres further so he could get his euros back.”
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 09:00

crazy!

he is dangerous..........
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:03

It sounds as if some of his pranks can be rather expensive...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:37

Perhaps so, but he's probably accountable for the cost. Don't think he'd want to hurt the bottom line.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 07 Oct 2011, 07:12

Here's another one.

From monsters and critics

George Clooney `checked into hotels as Arnold Schwarzenegger`

By Frances Kindon Oct 7, 2011

George Clooney has revealed that he used to check into hotels using the name Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The 50-year-old actor explained how having the hotel staff call him Mr Schwarzenegger provided him with hours of entertainment.

'When you go to a hotel, no matter what alias you use, all the people at the hotel have to use it - so I'd always go as Arnold Schwarzenegger,' he told Life & Style.

'The hotel staff would always go, 'Right away, Mr. Schwarzenegger'. I would ask for room service, and they'd say, 'Yes, Mr. Schwarzenegger', and it made me laugh. But I had to change that.'

The renowned practical joker said that his current target is best friend Brad Pitt.

'I'm in the middle of [getting him] right now, and it's going to kill him,' George said. 'But I can't tell you [what it is].'
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Oct 2011, 13:27

The renowned practical joker said that his current target is best friend Brad Pitt.

'I'm in the middle of [getting him] right now, and it's going to kill him,' George said. 'But I can't tell you [what it is].'

ma no
tell us
don't worry
we won't talk Bounce
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Fri 07 Oct 2011, 14:21

You know, that's got to be very unsettling for Brad, and maybe that is the point, waiting for that shoe to drop.

His friends must always be looking over their shoulders just waiting for what George has in store for them next.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 07 Oct 2011, 14:27

Very Happy
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 07 Oct 2011, 14:44

fluffy wrote: the SAS is a special secret service that penetrate situations and leave without Humping being seen or leaving evidence.

Now THAT sounds like our Georgie! hehehe
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 07 Oct 2011, 21:09

pattygirl wrote:You know, that's got to be very unsettling for Brad, and maybe that is the point, waiting for that shoe to drop.

His friends must always be looking over their shoulders just waiting for what George has in store for them next.

right
and he needs to be ready about their revenge

Gunslinger
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 15 Oct 2011, 05:10

From NZ Herald

Revealed: The prank that got George Clooney

4:00 PM Friday Oct 14, 2011

George Clooney has only been pranked once. Brad Pitt is the only person to have successfully pranked George Clooney.

The Ides of March actor is known for playing tricks on his co-star, and despite many of his showbiz friends being equally enthusiastic about jokes, only the Moneyball star has succeeded in annoying his pal with a gag.

Matt Damon explained: "I've never gotten George. The thing is, George is a pro. He's very tough to get. He's got all of them down, he's very, very funny.

"The best one I saw on George was on Ocean's Twelve when Brad had a fake memo translated and given to the Italian crew. It was this whole thing saying, 'Please do not look Mr Clooney in the eye, only refer to him as Mr Ocean or Danny.'

"It was so the opposite of George that he was mortified when he found out, he was not happy about it. So that was the one time I saw someone get him."

Matt refuses to take himself seriously and doesn't mind if his friends poke fun if he appears in a flop movie.

He added in an interview with Shortlist magazine: "Even the movies that don't work you still work really hard on, so it's disappointing at first.

"But once you get past the disappointment of all that hard work not really going to a productive place, then you can mercilessly make fun of each other."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 15 Oct 2011, 17:31

Didn't someone say that Brad and Matt were behind the "will you marry me George" gay reporter on the junket a couple years back?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Sat 15 Oct 2011, 19:54

I read that too, Melbert. If it's true... they got George good! Do you remember Georges face when it happened... priceless! Laughing
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney, Richard Kind and the kitty litter prank - plus his other practical jokes Empty OLDIE BUT GOODY - THE CAT BOX STORY VIDEO

Post by cindigirl Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 09:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:18

ha ha, that was funny!!

scooping out cat s*** is no fun, I hate it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:27

Thanks cindi for the good laugh.
Hadn't seen that for ages. Doesn't he look young ????
Well of course he was and delightful with it too !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:28

I posted the cat box story in the wrong thread. Sorry Katie. Sad
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Tue 27 Dec 2011, 16:57

I had five cats in my life, and the only thing I hated about having them was cleaning out their box. It is just as bad as diapers.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 27 Dec 2011, 17:12

LOL
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:24

cindigirl wrote:I posted the cat box story in the wrong thread. Sorry Katie. Sad
After all this time, eh? I've moved it to the right thread for you.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:29

Thanks Cindigirl.

Sometimes he is disgusting... and proud of it. LOL

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Tue 27 Dec 2011, 20:58

Thanks Katie, I realized it right away but couldn't delete because someone posted right after. I must have drunk too much egg nog for Christmas. Embarassed
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 27 Dec 2011, 21:20

Article, nice photo and short video here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pitt warns Kutcher against practical jokes on Clooney
30 November -0001

Currently 4.00/5 Stars.12345
Rate this article
0Comments | Comment on this Article

Brad Pitt has warned Ashton Kutcher against playing a practical joke on George Clooney.
The Hollywood heartthrob interviewed Ashton, who is renowned for winding celebrities up on his MTV show 'Punk'd', for America's Interview magazine and he advised him not to target Brad's 'Ocean's Twelve' co-star.

He said: "I remember two years ago you were after Clooney. I would tell you as your friend: 'Don't do it. Don't ever go near it. He'll kill you and everything you love.' I know it's tempting, but don't do it."

Brad himself has been on the receiving end of George's practical jokes before.

During the filming of 'Ocean's Twelve', the 41-year-old star was left red-faced when George stuck a bumper sticker on his car claiming he had a small manhood.

Their co-star, Matt Damon, revealed at the time: "Brad was sitting in his car and George tapped the car with his hand and said, 'All right, take care.' "When he pulled his hand away, he left a bumper sticker that read 'Small Penis Onboard.'
Brad drove through rush-hour traffic in Los Angeles with it, and all these people were looking at him and waving."

George is famous for his practical jokes and once even put
his own faeces in a flatmate's cat litter tray.

The actor, who used to share an apartment with 'Spin City' star Richard Kind, put his own excrement in the tray - after convincing Richard the pet was constipated.

Videos you might like
George Clooney's FanWalk

Last edited by Joanna on Tue 27 Dec 2011, 21:23; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 Dec 2011, 21:22

Pretty please from me: post the actual article not just a link! thanks

Pitt warns Kutcher against practical jokes on Clooney
30 November -0001

Brad Pitt has warned Ashton Kutcher against playing a practical joke on George Clooney. The Hollywood heartthrob interviewed Ashton, who is renowned for winding celebrities up on his MTV show 'Punk'd', for America's Interview magazine and he advised him not to target Brad's 'Ocean's Twelve' co-star. He said: "I remember two years ago you were after Clooney. I would tell you as your friend: 'Don't do it. Don't ever go near it. He'll kill you and everything you love.' I know it's tempting, but don't do it." Brad himself has been on the receiving end of George's practical jokes before. During the filming of 'Ocean's Twelve', the 41-year-old star was left red-faced when George stuck a bumper sticker on his car claiming he had a small manhood. Their co-star, Matt Damon, revealed at the time: "Brad was sitting in his car and George tapped the car with his hand and said, 'All right, take care.' "When he pulled his hand away, he left a bumper sticker that read 'Small Penis Onboard.' Brad drove through rush-hour traffic in Los Angeles with it, and all these people were looking at him and waving."
George is famous for his practical jokes and once even put his own faeces in a flatmate's cat litter tray.

The actor, who used to share an apartment with 'Spin City' star Richard Kind, put his own excrement in the tray - after convincing Richard the pet was constipated.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next