George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Open Letter to George Clooney
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyToday at 13:53 by Theodor

» Let's Convince George to run for President!
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 Jul 2024, 15:27 by LizzyNY

» An open letter to George Clooney
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 22:48 by LizzyNY

» Chit Chat 2022
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 12:45 by Ida

» joe-biden-drops-out-2024-election-presidential-race-7555388
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Jul 2024, 01:00 by annemariew

» Topical piece about George and his politics
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 by annemariew

» George calls for Joe Biden to drop out
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jul 2024, 20:44 by LizzyNY

» Lifetime Achievements
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptyThu 11 Jul 2024, 13:23 by Odysseus

» Biden at George fundraiser instead of Zelensky
What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 EmptySun 07 Jul 2024, 13:28 by LizzyNY

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein?

+5
carolhathaway
annemarie
Donnamarie
Way2Old4Dis
fava
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein?

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 01:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=34]EXCLUSIVE: Trump's Justice Department moves on Harvey Weinstein and orders FBI to open probe over fears he will 'do a Polanski'[/size]

• The FBI has opened an investigation into Harvey Weinstein for alleged sex crimes, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned on Wednesday 

• Three women, including Actress Asia Argento and Lucia Evans, have come forward and claimed the producer forced himself on them sexually

• The DOJ's order is likely to be seen in a political light given Weinstein's friendship with President Trump's defeated rival Hillary Clinton

• Weinstein donated heavily to Clinton and although she said she was shocked and dismayed by his actions, she hasn't returned any of his contributions

• The 65-year-old is said to be planning to depart for Europe in order to receive professional treatment and go to sex therapy in wake of the scandal

• His hasty international departure sparks fears of a Roman Polanski-style situation, where he dodges prosecution in the U.S

• Polanski has managed to avoid US officials since he plead guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old in 1978

By RYAN PARRY WEST COAST CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:36 EDT, 11 October 2017 | UPDATED: 19:06 EDT, 11 October 2017

The FBI has opened an investigation into Harvey Weinstein, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned.
DailyMail.com understands the move came at the behest of the Department of Justice, run by Donald Trump's Attorney General Jeff Sessions, which instructed the bureau to investigate the mounting allegations leveled at the movie mogul.
While it is unknown whether the DOJ order came directly from Sessions, the move is likely to be seen in a political light given Weinstein's friendship with Trump foe Hillary Clinton.
The move by the DOJ came amid rumors that Weinstein plans to head to Europe for sex rehab – leading to fears of a Roman Polanski-style situation where he dodges prosecution in the U.S.
The FBI can both look at whether he has committed any federal crimes in the U.S. and prepare extradition proceedings if he remains in Europe.
Among the allegations against Weinstein, which the FBI is expected to examine, is that he forced Lucia Evans, a student who wanted to be an actress, to perform oral sex on him in New York in 2004.
New York State has no statute of limitations on rape and criminal sexual acts - its legal term for forced oral or anal intercourse.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+12

The FBI has opened an investigation into disgraced film producer Harvey Weinstein for alleged sex crimes, DailyMail.com has exclusively learned

+12

The move came at the behest of the Department of Justice, run by Donald Trump's Attorney General Jeff Sessions. The move is likely to be seen in a political light given Weinstein's friendship with Trump's rival Hillary Clinton
Hollywood powerhouse Weinstein has traveled the globe promoting his movies and the belief is that he could have committed sex crimes in several countries.
So far five accusers have given accounts of attacks in France, while allegations of attacks in London have also surfaced – any of which could lead to charges there.
The FBI has field offices in both countries and could assist prosecutors there with their cases.
A spokesperson for the FBI in New York said: 'We do not confirm or deny the existence of ongoing investigations.'  
Although it is not yet known if Sessions gave the direct order or if Trump requested the investigation, Trump said he wasn't surprised by the sexual harassment and assault claims made against Weinstein.
Trump said shortly after news of the shock report on Thursday: 'I've known him for years. I'm not surprised.' 
Weinstein was a big donor for Hillary Clinton, who finally denounced her longtime friend in a statement on Tuesday but was silent on the crucial issue of the vast amount of cash Weinstein donated directly to her and her family. 

The move by the DOJ comes as it emerged the movie mogul has taken on top criminal defense lawyers Blair Berk and David Chesnoff.
The pair will join his expanding legal team following an article in the New Yorker, which alleged three women were sexually assaulted by him.
Up to 30 women have now come forward to make allegations of sexual misconduct.
Berk has represented A-listers like, Mel Gibson, Johnny Depp, Britney Spears, Kiefer Sutherland, and Lindsay Lohan, while Chesnoff’s clients have included Vince Neil, Bruno Mars, Paris Hilton, Leonardo DiCaprio and the family of Michael Jackson. 

+12

Weinstein has donated heavily to Clinton and although she said she was shocked and dismayed by his actions, she hasn't returned any of his contributions

+12

Finally: Hillary Clinton's statement, issued after three rape allegations were leveled at Weinstein and Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie said he harassed them

[size=10][size=18]Weinstein scandal deepens as stars rally against the producer

[/size][/size]
The movie producer is said to have plans to jet to Europe and to go to a sex rehab clinic – although he was still in Los Angeles on Wednesday, The Blast reported, and TMZ reported they heard word of a suicidal threat call for him that morning.
Sources close to the case have told DailyMail.com they fear the movie mogul might be pulling a Roman Polanski. 
Weinstein's sudden departure is reminiscent of Hollywood icon Polanski who was accused of raping a 13-year-old girl. The director was arrested and charged in 1977 in Los Angeles with five offenses — rape by use of drugs, perversion, sodomy, lewd and lascivious act upon a child under 14, and furnishing a controlled substance to a minor.
He was able to work out a deal in which he'd plead guilty to 'unlawful sexual intercourse' in exchange for prosecutors dismissing the five charges, but when he learned he would likely go to prison, Polanski fled to England.
Polanski has never returned to the US and has lived in Europe, splitting his time between France and Poland, ever since.
Although there are significant legal differences, the potential for a lengthy extradition case is likely to be one the FBI would be keen to quickly close down. 
There are roughly 70 countries that don't have any form of an extradition treaty with the United States, according to WLOX
These include Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia and the Ukraine, which are all in Eastern Europe, and the tiny Andorra.
Despite having extradition treaties with the United States, some countries, including Bolivia, Iceland and Switzerland, have been known to refuse requests.   

RJ Cipriani, AKA Robin Hood 702, a professional gambler/philanthropist and known FBI source, claims to have knowledge of the Weinstein case. 

+12

+12

Weinstein's sudden departure is reminiscent of Hollywood icon Roman Polanski (left) who was accused of raping 13-year-old girl Samantha Geimer (right). The director was arrested and charged in 1977 in Los Angeles with five offenses 

+12

Before Polanski was sentenced for the rape of the teenager (pictured), he fled to England. Polanski has never returned to the US and has lived in Europe, splitting his time between France and Poland, ever since

He told DailyMail.com: 'My connections and sources within the law enforcement community have told me they're looking to bring a case against Harvey Weinstein for rape and various other charges.
'That's why they believe Weinstein left to go to Europe to rehab. He is trying to protect himself in case charges are filed and do the same thing Roman Polanski did to escape justice. 
He continued: 'We must stop these sex predators from crossing any border to allow them to escape justice.'
Cipriani says he also reached out to one of the lawyers representing Weinstein, Patricia 'Patty' Glaser.

RELATED ARTICLES

He says Glaser, a leading LA lawyer, is his close friend and his attorney and he was appalled to learn in the media she was representing Weinstein.
He said: 'Patty and I spoke by phone after I heard she was working for Weinstein.
'Patty is a dear friend and I expressed my complete shock and displeasure of what I heard.
'Although she wouldn't confirm or deny anything, I tried and tried to dissuade her from taking his case and even went as far as to offer her $1million not to take it.
'I believe, although I cannot confirm, I might have changed her mind in terms of her going after the girls involved in this. From what I'm hearing she is only representing him in the matter against The Weinstein Company.' 

+12

RJ Cipriani, AKA Robin Hood 702, a professional gambler/philanthropist and known FBI source, claims to have knowledge of the Weinstein case. He says Patricia Glaser (pictured together), a leading LA lawyer, is his close friend and his attorney and he was appalled to learn in the media she was representing Weinstein
He added: 'My hope is that Patty took my comments on board and has seen the light, she's a very dear friend and I don't want to hurt her in any way, but she's representing a scumbag sex predator.' 
According to the Hollywood Reporter Glaser won't be representing Weinstein in connection with harassment claims or against media outlets.
Instead, her task is to negotiate with The Weinstein Co., which on Sunday night fired Weinstein after a unanimous vote by the board of directors.
'We hope to work it out,' Glaser told the magazine. 'However, we will do whatever we have to do to properly protect his rights vis a vis the company.'
Glaser, a named partner at Glaser Weil, has handled many high-profile employment disputes, including representing Keith Olbermann against Al Gore's former Current TV and Conan O'Brien against NBC. 
Most recently, she also picked up Jamie Horowitz as a client after the former Fox Sports programming head was let go amid an internal investigation about sexual harassment claims. 
DailyMail.com also contacted the DoJ but response has been received.  

[size=34]WEINSTEIN'S ACCUSERS [/size]

+12

Angelina Jolie said she had to turn down Weinstein's advances as a young actress

Cara Delevingne: The model turned actress said Weinstein tried to get her to engage in a threesome with him and another woman in a New York City hotel room

Gwyneth Paltrow: The star told the New York Times that Weinstein touched her and suggested having joint massages in the bedroom before she started shooting the 1996 film Emma. She said she told her then boyfriend Brad Pitt about the incident and he confronted the mogul.
Angelina Jolie: Jolie told the Times she had to turn down advances from Weinstein in 1998 and chose never to work with him again. She said she warned other women about him.
Louisette Geiss:  Actress was called to a late night meeting with Weinstein in 2008. He allegedly emerged in a bathrobe and told her he would green light her script if she watched him masterbate. She left the meeting.
Judith Godreche: The French actress says Weinstein tried to massage her and pull off her sweater after asking her up to his Cannes suite to see the view in 1996.
Dawn Dunning: Aspiring actress says she was called to a meeting about future film projects in 2003. When she arrived Weinstein presented her with three scripts for his next three movies which he would let her star in, only if she had three-way sex with him. She fled the hotel.
Tomi-Ann Roberts: Weinstein met her when she was serving tables as a college junior in 1984 and told her to meet him at his home. When she arrived, she says, he was naked in the bath and told her she would give a better audition if she was nude. She says she refused and left.
Asia Argento: The Italian actress has accused Weinstein of forcibly performing oral sex on her when she was 21. 'He terrified me, and he was big. It wouldn't stop. It was a nightmare.'  She said she went on to have consensual sex with him over the years that followed. She documented the alleged attack in her 2000 film Scarlet Diva.
Katherine Kendall: The Swingers actress was told Weinstein had to stop off in his apartment to pick something up after a screening in 1993. He changed into a bathrobe and told her to massage her. When she resisted she said the mogul returned naked and chased her.
Lucia Evans: The actress, formerly known as Lucia Stoller, claims Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004. Speaking to the New Yorker, she said that she suffered years of trauma after the incident which occurred in a 'casting meeting' in a Miramax office in Manhattan. He reportedly called her late at night after the incident.

+12

Gwyneth Paltrow revealed that Weinstein attempted to get her into a hotel bedroom and massage her when she was 22

Mira Sorvino: The Mighty Aphrodite actress told the New Yorker that Weinstein tried to massage her in a hotel room at the 1995 Toronto International Film Festival. He then went to her home in the middle of the night but she called a male friend to protect her, she claimed. She said turning down the mogul adversely affected her career.
Rosanna Arquette:  The actress also said her career suffered after she rebuffed Weinstein's advances in the early 1990s. At a hotel meeting he tried to put her hand on his erect penis, she claims.

Rose McGowan: The actress, who made her breakthrough in 1996 in the Weinstein-produced slasher revival movie Scream, reportedly sued Weinstein after he assaulted her in 1997 at the Sundance Film Festival. She signed a non-disclosure agreement at the close of the suit and has only referred to him obliquely in social media since. On Sunday she referred to being abused by a 'monster' and has previously referred to being raped by a studio head.

+12

Career suicide: Mira Sorvino revealed how her career nose-dived after she turned down Weinstein's advances 

Ashley Judd: Judd's film roles include the 1997 thriller Kiss the Girls - and says that during the filming of that movie Weinstein repeatedly asked her to watch him shower. She was one of the women who spoke out to The New York Times this week, saying: 'Women have been talking about Harvey amongst ourselves for a long time, and it's simply beyond time to have the conversation publicly.'
Emma De Caunes: French actress Emma de Caunes said that she met Weinstein in 2010, soon after he told her he had a script he was producing based on a book with a strong female character. Weinstein offered to show her the script, and asked her up to his hotel room, where he began to take a shower. He then emerged naked and with an erection, asking her to lay down with him on the bed and telling her that many had done so before. 'I was very petrified,' said de Caunes. 'But I didn’t want to show him that I was petrified, because I could feel that the more I was freaking out, the more he was excited.'

Zelda Perkins was 25 when, as an assistant of Weinstein's in London, she reportedly confronted the mogul for harassing her and 'several' other women; she later settled out of court

Lauren O'Connor: A former employee of The Weinstein Company, she told executives there in the fall of 2015 that there was 'a toxic environment for women at this company' after one of her colleagues told her that Weinstein had pressured her into massaging him while he was naked, the NYT said.
Ambra Battilana: An Italian actress and model, she told the NYT that in March 2015 Weinstein invited her to his New York office. There, she said, he asked if her breasts were real before grabbing them and putting his hands up her skirt. She reported the alleged incident to police, but they did not press charges. According to the NYT, Weinstein later paid her off.
Jessica Barth: Weintein reportedly pressured Barth, an actress, to give him a naked massage in the Peninsula Hotel from 2011 onwards.
Laura Madden: An ex-employee, she told the NYT that Weinstein had asked her to give him massages from 1991 onwards, while they were both in London and Dublin. 'It was so manipulative,' she told the NYT. 'You constantly question yourself - am I the one who is the problem?' Weinstein denied knowledge.
Emily Nestor: Nestor was a temporary employee of the Weinstein Company for just one day in 2014 when Weinstein approached her and offered to boost her career in exchange for sex, the NYT reported.
Zelda Perkins: An assistant of Weinstein's based in London in 1998; then 25, she reportedly confronted Weinstein after she and 'several' others were harassed and later settled out of court.

+12

Elizabeth Karlsen, an Oscar-winning producer, said a female executive told her almost 30 years ago that she had found Weinstein naked in her bedroom in a Miramax-rented property

Elizabeth Karlsen: The Oscar-nominated producer of Carol and The Crying Game, among others, told The Hollywood Reporter on Sunday that almost 30 years ago, an unnamed young female executive who had worked at Miramax with Weinstein had found him naked in her bedroom one night. The exec was in a house rented by Miramax at the time to cut its overheads.
Liza Campbell: A freelance script reader, she told the UK's Sunday Times that Weinstein had summoned her to his hotel room in London before telling her to get in the bath with him.
Lauren Sivan: The former Fox news host said that Weinstein trapped her in a closed restaurant and masturbated in front of her to completion in 2007. He took her to a closed restaurant beneath a club she had visited and attempted to kiss her, then when she refused he cornered her and made her watch him touch himself, according to The Huffington Post.
Jessica Hynes: The British actress, best known for her roles in the Bridget Jones movies and for co-creating and co-writing the sitcom Spaced, said she was invited to audition for Weinstein when she was 19 - in a bikini. Hynes, formerly known as Jessica Stevenson, said she refused to wear the skimpy item - and lost the job.
Romola Garai: British actress Romola Garai said she felt "violated" following a meeting with Harvey Weinstein in his London hotel room when she was 18 in which he was in a bathrobe. Garai, best known for her role in "Atonement", said she had already been hired for a part but was told to audition privately with the Hollywood mogul because 'you had to be personally approved by him'. "Like every other woman in the industry, I've had an 'audition' with Harvey Weinstein," she told The Guardian. 'So I had to go to his hotel room in the Savoy and he answered the door in his bathrobe. I was only 18. I felt violated by it'.   
Unnamed assistant: Weinstein allegedly behaved inappropriately toward a woman employed as his assistant in 1990. The case was settled out of court.
Another unnamed assistant: In 2015, Weinstein reportedly pressured another assistant into giving him a naked massage in the Peninsula Hotel, where he is also said to have pressured Barth.
Unnamed Miramax employee: At one point in the early 1990s, a young woman is alleged to have suddenly left the company after an encounter with Weinstein. She also settled out of court.
Unnamed woman: A woman who did not wish to be named because she feared Weinstein's connections told The New York Times that the producer had summoned her to his hotel at an unknown date and raped her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's with the crickets from Hollywood about Harvey Weinstein?

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Oct 2017, 13:42

Interesting. Trump is alleged to have committed the same crimes Weinstein is accused of. Vindictive little pervert! In a just world the DOJ would be investigating him, too. Life really isn't fair!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 14:04

I think this is more to do with Hillary since she took money and hasn't returned it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 15:13

Hillary Clinton is giving money received from Weinstein to charity.  I haven't heard about this FBI investigation on the news.  I was surprised I didn't hear anything last night.  If it's appropriate then DOJ should investigate but not because Trump says so but because there is legitimate evidence. What an absolute idiot he is.  He needs to keep his mouth shut.  As George said ... pot calling the kettle black.  I heard this morning that the NYPD is reopening their Weinstein investigation.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 18:13

[size=34]'I'm ashamed I didn't say anything back then': Jane Fonda says she found out about Harvey Weinstein's reign of terror ONE year ago
[/size]

• Jane Fonda learned last year that Harvey Weinstein had been sexually harassing women in Hollywood

• While Fonda says she wasn't harassed by the film mogul, she was told of his abuse last year by one of his victims, Rosanna Arquette

• The 79-year-old actress said she was ashamed she didn't speak up at the time

• Over 30 women have now come forward with allegations against Weinstein

• The accusations, including from some of the world's most famous actresses, range from inappropriate massages to rape and date back nearly three decades 

By EMILY CRANE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 12:20 EDT, 12 October 2017 | UPDATED: 12:33 EDT, 12 October 2017

Jane Fonda has admitted she found out last year that Harvey Weinstein had been sexually harassing Hollywood women and is ashamed she didn't speak up earlier. 
More than 30 women have now come forward with allegations of sexual harassment against the Hollywood producer who was once described as the 'God' of the film industry. 
The accusations, including from some of the world's most famous actresses, range from inappropriate massages to rape and date back nearly three decades.
While Fonda says she wasn't harassed by Weinstein, she was told of his abuse last year by one of his victims. 

+27

While Jane Fonda says she wasn't personally harassed by Harvey Weinstein, she admitted in an interview on CNN (above) that she was told of his abuse last year by one of his victims

'I found out about Harvey a year ago and I'm ashamed I didn't say anything back then,' she told CNN's Christiane Amanpour in an interview to air Friday. 
When asked why she didn't speak up back then, the 79-year-old actress said: 'I was not that bold. I guess it hadn't happened to me and I didn't feel it was my place.'
She was informed of Weinstein's transgressions by Rosanna Arquette - one of the many women who have since spoken out against the movie mogul. 
'It came as a shock and a great disappointment,' Fonda said.  
'I only met Harvey when I was old and Harvey goes for young because that's more vulnerable.'

+27

Fonda said she met Weinstein when she was older and that the Hollywood producer only went for younger women. They are pictured above together in 2011 in Cannes

+27

Fonda was informed of Weinstein's transgressions by Rosanna Arquette last year (above last year) - one of the many women who have since spoken out against the movie mogul

She added that she was proud of the victims for speaking out but it wasn't a unique or isolated case and specifically mentioned Bill Cosby's history.
'This is not unique, this goes on at the most horrendous high levels,' she said.
'I'm glad it's coming out, I'm so proud of those fellow actors that are speaking up. I know that it has taken a long time. It is a very, very, very hard thing to do. You don't get anything out of it as the person who has been victimized but it is important that it come out.

RELATED ARTICLES

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Oct 2017, 18:19

Scotland Yard is after him now

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 18:48

[size=37]Tom Hanks Doesn't Buy Harvey Weinstein's Response to Sexual Assault Allegations: I Grew Up in the '60s and '70s Too[/size]

BY ALE RUSSIAN@RUSSIAN_ALE

POSTED ON OCTOBER 12, 2017 AT 12:53PM EDT

Harvey Weinstein Speaks Out Amid Sexual Harassment Scandal: ‘We All Make Mistakes’
A source confirmed to PEOPLE that Weinstein, 65, had flown out of Los Angeles to enter a residential treatment facility.

Tom Hanks is no fan of Harvey Weinstein.

The actor spoke out against the movie mogul to the New York Times in a feature about his collection of short stories, titled Uncommon Type: Some Stories. Hanks, 61, said he didn’t buy Weinstein’s statement in response to the sexual harassment allegations leveled against him by multiple women in the NYT, including actress Ashley Judd.
In the lengthy statement on Oct.5, Weinstein referenced his upbringing in a different time when addressing the allegations.
“I came of age in the 60’s and 70’s, when all the rules about behavior and workplaces were different. That was the culture then,” Weinstein said. “I have since learned it’s not an excuse, in the office – or out of it. To anyone.”
“I’ve never worked with Harvey,” said Hanks. “But, aah, it all just sort of fits, doesn’t it? Isn’t it part and parcel to all of society somehow, that people in power get away with this? Look, I don’t want to rag on Harvey but so obviously something went down there. You can’t buy, ‘Oh, well, I grew up in the ’60s and ’70s and so therefore…’ I did, too.”
Hanks also discussed his experience in watching how people in power treat lesser employees. “I think it’s like, well, what do you want from this position of power? I know all kinds of people that just love hitting on, or making the lives of underlings some degree of miserable, because they can,” the Oscar winner said.
“Somebody great said this, either Winston Churchill, Immanuel Kant or Oprah: ‘When you become rich and powerful, you become more of what you already are,’ ” Hanks quoted. “So I would say, there’s an example of how that’s true. Just because you’re rich and famous and powerful doesn’t mean you aren’t in some ways a big fat ass. Excuse me, take away ‘fat.’ But I’m not, you know, I’m not the first person to say Harvey’s a bit of an ass.”

In a bombshell NYT report last week, eight women spoke out against Weinstein, accusing him of inappropriate behavior. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.
Following the initial report, Weinstein said in a statement that he was working with therapists and planned to “deal with this issue head-on.” He has since been fired from his powerhouse studio, The Weinstein Company, and his wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, has announced she’s leaving him.

On Tuesday, Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie added their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage. Jolie also told the outlet that she had a “bad experience” with Weinstein in a hotel room during the release of Playing by Heart in the late ’90s.
Also on Tuesday, the The New Yorker revealed — among 13 different women’s accounts of alleged sexual harassment, assault or rape — that the mogul allegedly forcibly performed oral sex on Italian actress Asia Argento two decades ago.
In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
On Tuesday, multiple sources confirmed to PEOPLE that Weinstein plans to enter a residential treatment facility.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 12 Oct 2017, 18:58

The 'We All Make Mistakes' claim from Weinstein smacks of arrogance and I just want to say 'What? Over and over again?!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 19:21

No, Harvey a mistake is dialing a wrong number not sexually assaulting over 30 women. 
I agree with Tom Hanks his excuse that he grew up in the 60'sand the 70's is bull.
He knew very well that what he was doing was a crime and wrong, but because of his power he continued.
He also wants a second chance in Hollywood I would hope that people there aren't that stupid.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Oct 2017, 20:09

Others grew up in the 60s and 70s and yet know how to behave and respect women.
It's fair to ask for a second chance, but after you really regret your faults. And to ASK for a second chance is something else than to DEMAND and EXPECT it. Plus he didn't make ONE fault, he made MANY faults over a period of more than 30 years.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 12 Oct 2017, 21:09

I guess he can think that way because he has power and that power makes him feel entitled to do pretty much whatever he wants without serious consequences - just like Trump and Cosby and way too many others. And for a lot of years HE WAS RIGHT! 30 YEARS! And no serious consequences until now.

Weinstein's life is probably trashed. His career and marriage are most likely over. More and more of Hollywood will probably come out and jump on the "OMG" band-wagon and maybe things there will change. Maybe. In the meantime a good chunk of the rest of the world will go right on treating women like second-class citizens.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 12 Oct 2017, 21:52

There's an interesting twitter discussion 'When did you meet your Harvey Weinstein?'

It shows that it happens everywhere: at school, university, at work, by neighbors and family members...
And it's always the same: we as women feel guilty, think we've done something wrong Vomit 1
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 12 Oct 2017, 22:49

[size=37]Emma Thompson Says Harvey Weinstein Isn’t a 'Sex Addict' — 'He's a Predator'[/size]

BY MARIA PASQUINI@MLSQUEENZ

POSTED ON OCTOBER 12, 2017 AT 3:33PM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Femma-thompson-harvey-weinstein-isnt-sex-addict-hes-predator%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F10%2Femm-thompson.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=Emma Thompson Says Harvey Weinstein Isn%E2%80%99t a %E2%80%98Sex Addict%E2%80%99 %E2%80%94 %E2%80%98He%E2%80%99s a%C2%A0Predator%E2%80%99][/url]
ALISA MOLOTOVA/GETTY
Emma Thompson has strong words for Harvey Weinstein.
On Thursday, the Oscar winner spoke out against the movie mogul — adding that he’s hardly the only male in Hollywood who has allegedly abused his position of power over women.
“I didn’t know about these things, but they don’t surprise me at all, and they’re endemic to the system,” Thompson, 58, said during an interview with BBC Newsnight.
“What I find sort of extraordinary is that this man is at the top of a very particular iceberg, you know he’s — I don’t think you can describe him as a ‘sex addict,’ he’s a predator,” the prolific actress continued. “But what he’s, as it were, at the top of the ladder of is a system of harassment, and belittling, and bullying, and interference, and what my mother would have referred to in the old days as ‘pestering.'”
“‘Is he pestering you?’ That’s the word we used to use in the olden days, if you recall. This has been part of our world, women’s world, since time immemorial. So what we need to start talking about is the crisis in masculinity, the crisis of extreme masculinity, which is this sort of behavior, and the fact that it is not only OK, but it also is represented by the most powerful man in the world at the moment,” Thompson added, seemingly referencing Donald Trump.

Asked whether Thompson thought there are others like Weinstein in the industry, the Love Actually actress responded, “Of course,” before specifying there are “many.”

“Maybe not to that degree,” she added, in reference to the number of claims against Weinstein. “Do they have to all be as bad as him to make it count? Does it only count if you really have done it to loads and loads and loads of woman? Or does it count if you do it to one woman once? I think the latter.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 13 Oct 2017, 11:28

[size=37]Oliver Stone Says Harvey Weinstein ‘Shouldn’t Be Condemned’: ‘It’s Not Easy What He’s Going Through’[/size]

BY ALEXIA FERNANDEZ@ALEXIAFEDZ

POSTED ON OCTOBER 12, 2017 AT 11:39PM EDT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Foliver-stone-wont-condemn-harvey-weinstein%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F10%2Foliver-stone.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=Oliver Stone Says Harvey Weinstein %E2%80%98Shouldn%E2%80%99t Be Condemned%E2%80%99: %E2%80%98It%E2%80%99s Not Easy What He%E2%80%99s Going%C2%A0Through%E2%80%99][/url]
MICHAEL CAMPANELLA/GETTY
Oliver Stone opted against condemning Harvey Weinstein following multiple allegations of sexual harassment.
The Snowden director, 71, told reporters Friday at the Busan International Film Festival that he believes people are innocent until proven guilty.
“I’m a believer that you wait until this thing gets to trial,” he said, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “I believe a man shouldn’t be condemned by a vigilante system.”
Stone continued, “It’s not easy what [Weinstein is] going through, either. During that period he was a rival. I never did business with him and didn’t really know him.”
“I’ve heard horror stories on everyone in the business,” Stone adds. “So I’m not going to comment on gossip. I’ll wait and see, which is the right thing to do.”
The New York Police Department launched a criminal investigation into Weinstein stemming from an assault allegation 13 years ago, PEOPLE confirmed Thursday.

[size=49]play Video[/size]

The NYPD is looking into claims that the embattled movie mogul sexually assaulted the victim in 2004, a police spokesperson told PEOPLE.
A police official told PEOPLE that the NYPD is also “conducting a review to determine if there are any additional complaints relating to the Harvey Weinstein matter.”
“No filed complaints have been identified as of this time and as always, the NYPD encourages anyone who may have information pertaining to this matter to call the CrimeStoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS,” the spokesperson added.

Officials would not release additional information on the alleged assault or the investigation. However, Lucia Stoller, now Lucia Evans, told the The New Yorker that Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004.
“I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him,” she told the magazine. “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Foliver-stone-wont-condemn-harvey-weinstein%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F10%2Fangelina-jolie-d.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Dia Dipasupil%2FGetty Images; David M Benett%2FDave Benett%2FGetty Images; Jason LaVeris%2FFilmMagic][/url]DIA DIPASUPIL/GETTY IMAGES; DAVID M BENETT/DAVE BENETT/GETTY IMAGES; JASON LAVERIS/FILMMAGIC
In response to several allegations made against Weinstein, including Evans’, in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
News of the investigation comes as the 65-year-old finds himself in the midst of an ongoing sexual harassment and abuse scandal with actresses including Cara Delevingne, Ashley Judd, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Angelina Jolie speaking out against Weinstein’s alleged behavior.
In a bombshell New York Times report last week, eight women accused him of acting inappropriately. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 14 Oct 2017, 20:47

[size=34]'Harvey has no remorse whatsoever': 'Sickened' Bob Weinstein lashes out at 'crazy liar' brother, admits he knew about his sexual encounters with but thought he was 'just cheating' and vows to carry on with their company despite the scandal[/size]

• Bob Weinstein spoke to The Hollywood Reporter in an interview published Saturday

• He described his older brother as a 'crazy liar' who has an 'inexcusable sickness'

• Bob says the pair have been estranged and working separately on opposite sides of the country for years 

• He was aware of Harvey's abusive nature but says he never knew he was a sexual predator 

• Bob, one of three remaining board members at The Weinstein Company, vowed not to abandon the business

• He said he may change its name to secure its survival and described the scandal as a 'living nightmare' 

• He also promised to help police investigations 'one hundred percent' in future  

• More than 30 women in Hollywood have now accused Weinstein of rape, sexual assault and harassment 

• He has gone under-the-radar at an unknown rehabilitation facility but is being investigated by police  

By JENNIFER SMITH FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:51 EDT, 14 October 2017 | UPDATED: 14:01 EDT, 14 October 2017

Bob Weinstein, the younger brother of the embattled movie mogul who has lived in his shadow for years, has found his voice amid the abhorrent sexual abuse scandal his sibling now faces. 
In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter which was published on Saturday, Bob, 62 spoke mercilessly of his 'liar' brother who he said he had not spoken to in five years and said that despite his promises to seek help for sex addiction, he feels no shame over what he has done.
'Harvey has no remorse whatsoever. I have spoken to him two times [since news broke], hoping to hear “Oh my God, what have I done?” I didn't hear that. I don't feel he feels anything to this day. I don't,' Bob said. 
The quieter of the two, he said he stopped trusting his larger-than-life brother years ago when he became tired of his dishonest character, saying he 'divorced' him because he 'could not take the lying, cheating and attitude toward everyone.' 
While he says he knew Harvey had a behavioral problem, he insists he was unaware of his brother's sexual predatoriness but refused to answer if he knew about cash settlements he gave some accusers in the past. 
His remarks on Saturday are the most in-depth and emotional since the scandal broke.
In other statements, Bob has spoken optimistically of the future of The Weinstein Company. 
Scroll down for video 

+37

Bob Weinstein lashed out as his 'crazy, liar' brother Harvey (above together in 2009) on Saturday, giving his first impassioned remarks about his sexual abuse of women in Hollywood 

+37

Bob is refusing to close The Weinstein Company and revealed that he will change its name as part of its survival strategy 
During the 45-minute phone interview, Bob refused to discuss claims he and other Weinstein Company board members were aware of his brother's financial settlements with women who accused him of harassing them in the past. 
He did however speak in depth and passionately about Harvey's character, saying that he always knew he had a behavioral problem and that he himself had been the victim of it at times. 
He emphatically denied his brother's claim that it was him who leaked information to The New York Times, describing the accusation as proof of Harvey's sickness. 
I am ashamed that he is my brother
'I didn't and, you know, Harvey is suspicious of everybody. People that are liars — lying to his wife, to his children, to everyone — well, they have to turn around and say, “Who stabbed me?” It's unbelievable that even to this moment he is more concerned with who sold him out,' he said.  
Bob also admitted knowing Harvey was unfaithful to his wife Georgina Chapman but said he believed all his brother's extra-marital sexual encounters were consensual.   
'I actually was quite aware that Harvey was philandering with every woman he could meet. 
'I was sick and disgusted by his actions but that's the extent of what . I said, “Harvey, you're just cheating. Why do you constantly cheat?” I could see it. But I wasn't in the room with him. 

+37

Bob (pictured in January with screenwriter Stephen Gaghan) said he had been estranged from his brother for five years 

+37

The pair started out in Hollywood together as producers at Miramax in the 1980s 
'I thought he was literally just going out there cheating in a pervasive way. It wasn't like he even had a mistress. It was one after another and that I was aware of. But as far as being in a room and hearing the description in The New York Times?
'No way. No f****** way was I aware that that was the type of predator that he was. And the way he convinced people to do things? I thought they were all consensual situations,' Bob said. 

Lambasting his brother as a 'bully', he said he often had to deal with employees coming to him in tears because of the way he had treated them and that he had to 'clean up' the mess. 
Bob claimed he even encouraged some staff to quit their jobs just to spare them his abuse. 
I have a brother that's indefensible and crazy. I want him to get the justice that he deserves'
Despite the fact that there are now only three remaining board members on The Weinstein Company, Bob is optimistic he will be able to salvage the scandal-hit company and refuses to quit.     
'I will not quit and leave the business that I built, rightfully so, and leave the films and filmmakers that I was involved in. 
'I know they're saying “Shut this company down.” Well, they didn't shut Fox News down, they didn't shut NBC down. My brother is the one that should pay with everything. And I mean literally — whether it's criminal or otherwise — I will be supportive of all of that. 
'But I don't think the people that are the employees of this company or the company itself should pay.' 
Describing the scandal as a 'living nightmare', he the board members had no idea of the extent of his brother's 'inexcusable sickness'. 
'My brother has caused unconscionable suffering. As a father of three girls I say this with every bone in my body — I am heartbroken for the women that he has harmed. 

+37

As years went on, Bob ran his division from Los Angeles while Harvey stayed in New York (above together in 1995)

+37

Bob denied the accusation of critics including actress Rose McGowan (above with him in 2006) who claimed he knew about Harvey's abuse of her and other stars 

McGowan had her Twitter account suspended after tweeting that Bob 'knew' of the abuse earlier this week 

'For my entire adult life, I fought for the films I want to see the light of day. I have fought for my employees, who have dedicated their lives to achieving the vision of this company that me and my brother founded. 
'But I cannot fight what is indefensible.I have a brother that’s indefensible and crazy. I want him to get the justice that he deserves,' he said.
He promised to write to the Academy and ask for his brother to be thrown out,  
Bob's remarks are the latest in a landslide of bombshell revelations from Hollywood stars and industry insiders since the scandal erupted a week ago. 
Harvey has been seen just twice - once in New York the day after the first claims were made on October 6. He had already given a statement to The New York Times apologizing for his behavior but insisting through his former attorney Lisa Bloom that he had never engaged in non-consensual sexual activity. 
Since then, dozens of women including some of the biggest names in Hollywood have come forward to share individual stories of how he abused them. 
Several, including Asia Argento, go as far as to accuse him of raping or sexually assaulting them. Others tell of shudder-inducing meetings in hotel rooms and offices where Weinstein confronted them in a bathrobe, pleading for massages and to watch him masturbate. 
The women all say that he offered them career rewards in exchange and that they were given the impression their professional lives would be destroyed if he refused. 
On October 11, a week after his first remarks, Harvey appeared again in Los Angeles in a considerably more fragile state. 

+37

'No remorse': Bob said he had spoken to his brother (above on October 6) twice since the scandal broke 

[size=18]Harvey Weinstein dodges questions as he heads to work in New York

[/size]

He had run out of his daughter's home and tried to flag down a passing motorist in a stunt which prompted her to call police and describe him as 'suicidal'. 
He has since gone under the radar again and is expected to be receiving treatment at a rehab facility though his enrollment at any center has not been confirmed. 
Harvey said he had taken a leave of absence after the scandal emerged on October 5. As the accusations multiplied, he was fired by the board. 
He plans to fight it but, according to his brother, will not be successful in his appeal.
'[Harvey] should never be allowed back, ever. Ever. He lost his rights. He didn't lose his rights to be rehabilitated as a human being. But as far as being in this town again? I mean, give me a break,' he said. 
On a final note, he said: 'I'm mortified and disgusted by my brother's actions. And I am sick for the victims. And I feel for them. I feel for them.' 
Bob has faced scrutiny since the scandal erupted last week. Many say he was aware of his brother's tendencies and that in 2015, when he negotiated his employment contract with The Weinstein Company, he knew Harvey had already settled some accusations with cash. 
Rose McGowan, one of the actress's who says Weinstein abused her, insists Bob knew of the abuse.  

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Oct 2017, 21:31

I don't know what he knew or didn't know, but the one thing he got right was that a lot of people are going to get hurt if the company goes under. I don't know how many employees they have, but I can guarantee most of them will have a hard time finding work in their fields if Weinstein closes.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 14 Oct 2017, 22:00

Well here is a positive bit of news. Weinstein has been expelled from the motion picture academy. Seems the board of governors had a emergency meeting this morning and voted him out. Sadly a lot of damage has already been done. But this action sends a clear signal.
A small first step for Hollywood.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 14 Oct 2017, 23:13

His brother, Bob, said he was going to write the Academy and ask them to oust Harvey. I wonder if he did, and that's why they kicked him out. It's going to be interesting to see what happens now.

Way2Old - How does not being an Academy member affect someone's ability to work in the industry? Or does it? Is it merely a prestige thing? I doubt Harvey Weinstein will ever be accepted back into the Hollywood community, Academy member or not, but what about the ordinary run-of-the-mill industry member? How much of the work requires them to be Academy members? What if they're not?

Last edited by LizzyNY on Sat 14 Oct 2017, 23:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Aagh! Spelling, spelling spelling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Oct 2017, 04:19

Here's the LA Times story. It seems there was a lot of pressure to oust him and there is a substantial number of women who make up the governor's board.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 15 Oct 2017, 22:42

In answer to LizzyNY's question (and I am by no means an authority on the subject), being a member of AMPAS is definitely prestigious, but it doesn't affect getting work per se. But it does allow for influencing(by voting, sitting on or chairing a rule-making committee, etc) the policies that govern the industry. For instance, things like on how many screens and when and where a movie plays in order to be eligible for Academy recognition.

And if you've been in the business for as long as HarveyW has, and made as many movies and won as many awards, to not be a member of the Academy is quite a blow.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Oct 2017, 23:52

Thanks. Way2Old! That's kind of what I thought. I can't imagine Harvey Weinstein will be able to resurrect his career. With all the women coming forward, some with actual evidence, there's a good chance he's looking at jail time. He deserves everything he gets.

What I find disturbing is the vindictiveness of people who are taking their anger at Harvey out on his wife. Her company is losing clients for no reason other than she is (soon to be was) married to him. IMO that's punishment enough. And the people who work for his company are getting screwed, too. If the company folds there are going to be a lot of innocent people out of work.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 16 Oct 2017, 10:53

Some of the people who worked for Harvey are equally culpable imo... anyone who “sets someone up” is a nasty excuse for a human being....and it appears many of his staff did just that, created the veneer of professionalism to entrap an innocent job seeker.....

The depths to which people will go is shocking....

This leads me to “Ring of steel” provided by Harvey’s employees and associates that allowed it to continue for 30 years.....his PR, his publicist, his agents, his lawyers, his friends......he has the full set, just like George.....And NOT ONE OF THEM LEAKED ...... 

I can’t lie there have been things I’ve read here and on the web regarding George ( and even Amal: use of surrogate etc;) and I think that cannot be true, how can that be true.... and then Harvey happened.... and that has really shone a light on what can be achieved IF you surround yourself with the right people.... the full set....

I hope this practice stops.... Is living a lie, actually living at all?.....Can’t help but feel sorry and A bit of pity for Hollywood people.... they believed their own BS and we did for awhile....

Next years Oscars should be interesting.....my suggestion: say “Thank you” and exit stage left....NONE of you have discovered a cure for cancer....This year stop believing your own BS....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:09

Harvey didn't just happen he has been at this for over 30 years. People have known and chose not to say anything. That is what makes this even worse not one or two people knew a lot new and just let him get away with it. The victims, his employees, his own brother and others in that company. I don't believe the brother and others didn't know the brother thought he was just cheating.  He must have really bad taste if the women he cheats with sued him.  He lies and his brother lies as for him caring about people losing their jobs, no don't think so if you cared you would have stopped your brother long before this. If it's true he leaked the info on Harvey why now I don't think he did it because he cared .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:15

Harvey's contract according to TMZ 

TMZ is privy to Weinstein's 2015 employment contract, which says if he gets sued for sexual harassment or any other "misconduct" that results in a settlement or judgment against TWC, all Weinstein has to do is pay what the company's out, along with a fine, and he's in the clear. 
According to the contract, if Weinstein "treated someone improperly in violation of the company's Code of Conduct," he must reimburse TWC for settlements or judgments. Additionally, "You [Weinstein] will pay the company liquidated damages of $250,000 for the first such instance, $500,000 for the second such instance, $750,000 for the third such instance, and $1,000,000 for each additional instance."
The contract says as long as Weinstein pays, it constitutes a "cure" for the misconduct and no further action can be taken. Translation -- Weinstein could be sued over and over and as long as he wrote a check, he keeps his job.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 16 Oct 2017, 21:33

You can't tell me that that's a standard contract.
This contract was negociated because they knew it would happen...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Oct 2017, 22:53

That contract is disgusting! You can't tell me that the people who wrote it and agreed to it didn't know why it was necessary. Anyone involved with it should be publicly shamed for colluding in Weinstein's behavior.That they agreed to it, that they didn't call him on it, is repulsive.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 17 Oct 2017, 02:47

What I find disturbing is the vindictiveness of people who are taking their anger at Harvey out on his wife. Her company is losing clients for no reason other than she is (soon to be was) married to him. IMO that's punishment enough.

Lizzy, several female actors are now acknowledging that Weinstein told them to wear his wife's designs at red carpet events, or he wouldn't push their films for awards. His wife knew about at least two instances of the coercion, and her answer was something on the order of, "Yes, but just look at the gowns."  A few of her colleagues have said her prominence was mainly due to being married to HW and benefiting from his star 'network,'

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Oct 2017, 04:33

Way2Old - I guess they have a legit grievance - especially if they had to pay for the gowns - although I doubt that they did. I still have a problem with destroying a business as revenge. There are a lot of people who will be out of work if her company is boycotted.

As far as her colleagues comments go, I'd say take it with a grain of salt. The fashion industry is a highly competitive and notoriously catty business. Those people might just be hoping she fails so they can pick up some of her business. They would probably have been thrilled if Harvey did for them what he did for her. Guaranteed they wouldn't have told him to stop.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Oct 2017, 11:19

[size=34]Everybody is running for the exits at Marchesa[/size]
By Merle Ginsberg
October 14, 2017 | 3:57pm | Updated

While the disgraced studio executive’s wife, Georgina Chapman, who designs the line with partner Keren Craig, announced this past week that she is leaving Weinstein, fashion insiders say it may not be enough to save the brand he helped her build.
On Wednesday, it was announced that Helzberg Diamonds had canceled a collaboration with Marchesa that was due to hit stores this month.
Now, wedding stylist Diane Lloyd Roth, owner of L’Armoire clothing boutique in New Canaan, Conn., told The Post that clients are turning their backs on the fashion brand’s pricey bridal gown collection.
“I tell my brides to bring [pages] from magazines, and [Marchesa is] always included. [Some clients] were going to go look at Marchesa … and now they’re getting cold feet,” she said. “They don’t want the association. The first question when someone’s getting married is, ‘Who are you wearing?’”
And with Chapman and Craig having cancelled their brand’s summer 2018 preview this past week, industry insiders reveal that Marchesa employees are feeling the heat — and not for the first time.
In the past, “Harvey would call Marchesa employees and yell at them, scare the s–t out of them,” said a top fashion publicist. “It’s a tough place [to work].”
He said that Marchesa employees’ resumes are flying around town right now. “Everyone is trying to leave.”
HL Group, which handles publicity for Marchesa, did not respond to The Post’s request for comment.
A fashion source close to the brand say that, within the company, “Georgina and Keren are keeping mum and carrying on. But they’re as nervous as their staff [is].”
Weintein, insiders say, has caused problems between his wife and her design partner Craig before.
“They almost split up due to Harvey — the way he promoted only Georgina to the press and put her on ‘Project Runway’ [the fashion-competition reality show on which he was an executive producer],” said one NYC fashion executive. She credits Craig as the brand’s true “creative. Without Keren, Marchesa wouldn’t last two minutes.”

MORE ON:

That said, multiple sources tell The Post that the two women are very close, having been friends since they met at design school in London in the 1990s.
“They are leaning on each other for support right now,” the exec added. “If the brand goes under, they both suffer.”
It certainly hurts that Weinstein’s Hollywood connection tarnishes the brand. Among the actresses who have starred in Weinstein-produced films — and worn Marchesa on the red carpet — are Cate Blanchett, Jennifer Lopez, Halle Berry, Emma Watson, Renee Zellweger, Blake Lively and Kate Hudson. “Actresses won’t touch it now,” said another fashion executive.
Stylist Roth predicts some of her bridal clients will move on to designer Christian Siriano: “His dresses have the same fluffy, feminine feel.”
“I do think some stores will drop them,” said one major retailer whose stores carry Marchesa in the US. “In fashion, editors and buyers only go with what’s ‘cool.’ But they won’t suffer overseas. I think they can weather the storm.”
“Look, Georgina’s a survivor,” added the top fashion publicist. “If she can survive Harvey, she can survive anything.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 17 Oct 2017, 13:10

Oh the circles you travel in when the first question to a bride is "who are you wearing?"

I feel for Chapman, but wonder how much she knew.  At the very least she appears to have allowed her employees to be bullied by her husband and actresses to be coerced into wearing her dresses.  

Wasn't Stacey' gold Oscar dress a Marchesa?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 17 Oct 2017, 14:13

Yes Stacy's Oscar gown was by Marchesa and I think her t.v. show was by Harvey.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Oct 2017, 11:05

MOVIES

[size=37]Los Angeles City Attorney Asks Harvey Weinstein’s Alleged Victims to Come Forward: ‘We Will Prosecute’[/size]

BY ALEXIA FERNANDEZ@ALEXIAFEDZ

POSTED ON OCTOBER 18, 2017 AT 12:31AM EDT

• TWEET
  • EMAIL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fla-city-attorney-seeking-to-prosecute-harvey-weinstein%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F10%2Fharvey-weinstein3.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=Los Angeles City Attorney Asks Harvey Weinstein%E2%80%99s Alleged Victims to Come Forward: %E2%80%98We Will Prosecute%E2%80%99][/url]
NEILSON BARNARD/GETTY IMAGES FOR SAMSUNG
Los Angeles authorities could seek criminal charges against  Harvey Weinstein.
On Tuesday, Los Angeles City Attorney Mike Feuer asked any women who believes they were sexually assaulted by Weinstein to come forward and speak to police in the wake of multiple allegations of sexual harassment and assault made against the Hollywood producer.
“The Weinstein allegations have placed a bright spotlight on sexual harassment and sexual abuse, especially in the workplace,” Feuer said in a statement. “As brave victims come forward, others have been encouraged to do the same. And our nation must now confront these significant issues in a profound way.”

[ltr]
View image on Twitter

[/ltr]

Follow
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]LA City Attorney @CityAttorneyLA

[ltr]#LosAngeles City Atty Mike Feuer full statement on #harassment & #abuse: https://goo.gl/7Ws1sP  #Weinstein #Hollywood#sexualharassment[/ltr]
5:35 PM - Oct 17, 2017 · Los Angeles, CA

•  44 Replies

•  11 Retweet

•  88 likes

[size][size][ltr]
Twitter Ads info and privacy

[/ltr][/size]

Feuer pointed out that the allegations were “not just a Hollywood thing — it’s a workplace thing, arising all too often in virtually every industry.”
“From our prosecutions in this area, I know it takes tremendous courage for women and men to share often intimate details of sexual harassment or abuse,” he continued. “We know this is not just a Hollywood thing—it’s a workplace thing, arising all too often in virtually every industry.”

“Indeed, while most people don’t work in the entertainment industry, victims of sexual harassment and abuse share many of the very same concerns we’ve heard about in recent days: Will my job be on the line if I say something? Will I be publicly humiliated? Will anyone believe me — and will anyone stand up for me?” he added.
[/size]

• Harvey Weinstein was a feared Hollywood producer, but scores of women say he bullied and even assaulted them. Subscribe for a look inside the scandal that took down a Hollywood predator — only in PEOPLE.

[size]
“I am here to say we will. We take allegations like these very seriously, and where the facts support conviction, we will prosecute,” Feuer continued. “I’m very pleased that LAPD recently issued a call for alleged victims to come forward so LAPD can investigate. Please come forward so that your cases — and justice — can be pursued.”
The NYPD launched a criminal investigation into an assault allegation made against Weinstein a week ago. The department is looking into claims that the embattled producer sexually assaulted a victim in 2004, a police spokesperson told PEOPLE.
RELATED VIDEO: Harvey Weinstein Forced Out of Own Company After Sexual Harassment Allegations

[size=14]Harvey Weinstein Forced Out of Own Company After Sexual Harassment Allegations
Ashley Judd & Others Accused Weinstein Of Sexual Harassment In New York Times Exposé

[/size][/size]
[size=49][size=49]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]
While officials would not release additional information on the alleged assault or the investigation, Lucia Stoller — now Lucia Evans — told The New Yorker that Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004.

“I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him,” she told the magazine. “He’s a big guy. He overpowered me.”
In response to several allegations made against Weinstein, including Evans’, in The New Yorker article, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
A police official told PEOPLE that the NYPD is also “conducting a review to determine if there are any additional complaints relating to the Harvey Weinstein matter.”
“No filed complaints have been identified as of this time and as always, the NYPD encourages anyone who may have information pertaining to this matter to call the CrimeStoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS,” the spokesperson added.
The news of the LAPD’s investigation comes as Weinstein resigned from his position on the board of The Weinstein Company on Tuesday.[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Oct 2017, 14:34

[size=37]What Harvey Weinstein’s Wife Georgina Chapman Really Knew — and Her Next Moves[/size]

BY MIKE MILLER

POSTED ON OCTOBER 18, 2017 AT 8:00AM EDT

Over the course of their nearly ten-year marriage, movie mogul Harvey Weinstein and fashion designer Georgina Chapman appeared to be the ultimate power couple. “Their relationship started out with the understanding that if you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours,” a source close to both tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story.
Weinstein helped fund the launch of Chapman’s fashion label Marchesa in 2004, using his clout as a producer to compel actresses in his movies to wear her designs.

While Chapman, 41, was aware of her husband’s notorious temper, even apologizing “many times for his verbally rough behavior,” according to the source, she wasn’t aware of Weinstein’s alleged sexual misconduct. “She never would have stayed married if she’d known,” says the source. “She was never with Harvey when he behaved like this.”

On Oct. 10, Chapman announced she was leaving Weinstein. In a statement to PEOPLE, she said, “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered.” She has since met with divorce lawyers. “The past week has been a never-ending nightmare for Georgina,” says the source.

Surrounded now by relatives and close friends, Chapman is attempting to “focus all her energy on her two young children to try to protect them from everything that’s going on,” says another friend. She’s also trying to salvage Marchesa, which had to cancel a presentation of its latest collection and was recently dropped from a collaboration with Helzberg Diamonds.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fmovies%2Fwhat-harvey-weinsteins-wife-georgina-chapman-really-knew-and-her-next-moves%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F10%2Fweinstein-people-cover-2000x1333.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=What Harvey Weinstein%E2%80%99s Wife Georgina Chapman Really Knew %E2%80%94 and Her Next Moves][/url]
Harvey Weinstein was one of Hollywood’s most feared producers. Now scores of women say he harassed and even assaulted them. Subscribe now for a look inside the mogul-sized scandal that took down a Hollywood predator  – only in PEOPLE.
Also in PEOPLE’s new cover story, some of Weinstein’s alleged victims talk about the courage it took to come forward — and multiple sources also detail the climate of fear and abuse around Weinstein, 65, who has denied all allegations of non-consensual sex as more than 40 women have stepped forward with accounts of sexual assault or harassment.

Weinstein “has never done anything in his life that was consensual,” says one source who worked with him for years. “He makes people do things. He assaults people in every way.”

Describing the work environment, another source says, “It was human harassment at every level. Mass intimidation, constant threats — to men and women — about losing your job. It was mocking people about their physicality, about their age. One of his favorite lines was, ‘I’ll fire you on the cover of Variety.’ ”
While a producer source contends most people around him knew he was cheating on both his first wife, former model Eve Chilton (they split in 2004 and have three daughters) and Chapman, with whom he has a daughter, 7, and a son, 4, few at his company realized what allegedly was truly going on with the women he met.
“I don’t know why no one saw it, why we didn’t know. No one really wanted to think about what was happening behind closed doors,” says the source who worked with him for years. “We were naive. We thought his abuse stopped in the office.”

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Oct 2017, 16:55

So you have to wonder if there was any love in their marriage. Seems it was opportunistic at best ... for both of them. To know what a mean SOB he was and that he possibly was having affairs (even if she didn't know about the sexual harassment/assault) I just can't have much sympathy for her situation. I don't wish any ill will on Georgina but I can understand why many women are not going to want to support her fashion business.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Oct 2017, 10:45

Harvey claims he's cured! Weinstein completes sex addict rehab in ONE WEEK then blasts accuser Lupita Nyong'o as a liar for her claims he forced her to massage him

• Harvey Weinstein has completed a one-week sex addiction rehab in Arizona

• Psychologist says he is 'dealing with his anger' and starting to 'work on empathy'

• This despite reports that Weinstein was boorish in group therapy session

• Disgraced producer was pulled from group after one session, psychologist says

• Weinstein will reportedly remain in Arizona for additional stint with doctors

• Spokesperson says he has 'different recollection' of Lupita Nyong'o encounter

• Unnamed Italian actress levies new rape claim over alleged 2013 incident

By Keith Griffith For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 23:32 EDT, 20 October 2017 UPDATED: 00:11 EDT, 21 October 2017

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has completed his one-week sex rehab program.
A psychologist taking part in his treatment told TMZ that Weinstein would remain in Arizona for a month or so after his week of outpatient 'intensive therapy' ends on Saturday.
Weinstein was 'invested in the program' and had focused on 'dealing with his anger, his attitude toward others, boundary work and the beginnings of work on empathy,' the psychologist told the outlet with Weinstein's permission. 
The psychologist downplayed previous reports that the 65-year-old film producer had fallen asleep in group sessions and ranted about conspiracy theories.
'He showed up for all the meetings and was fully engaged,' the mental health professional said, adding that Weinstein had been pulled from group therapy after an initial session due to confidentiality concerns, and the rest of his sessions had been one-on-one.

+38

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein (pictured on October 5) has completed his one-week sex rehab program but will reportedly remain in Arizona to work with doctors

+38

Weinstein has responded through a representative to allegations laid out by actress Lupita Nyong'o (pictured), saying he has 'different recollections of the events' 
'He was not venting about some conspiracy to get him. It was an appropriate display of anger,' the psychologist said, dismissing previous reports that Weinstein had used group sessions to launch into sanctimonious rants about conspiracies against him.
Meanwhile, Weinstein has responded through a representative to allegations laid out by actress Lupita Nyong'o in a searing New York Times op-ed.

RELATED ARTICLES

The 34-year-old said she met the disgraced Hollywood mogul in 2011 at an awards ceremony in Berlin while she was in her final year at the Yale School of Drama.  
Nyong'o writes that he cajoled her into giving him a massage and later propositioned her, saying she had to be willing to do that sort of thing if she wanted to be an actress.
'Mr. Weinstein has a different recollection of the events, but believes Lupita is a brilliant actress and a major force for the industry. Last year, she sent a personal invitation to Mr. Weinstein to see her in her Broadway show, "Eclipsed",' his rep said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly on Friday.
The rebuttal came as another influential entertainment organization said Friday it would consider booting Weinstein and another woman accused the Oscar winner of sexual abuse.

The Television Academy, which bestows Emmy awards, said a disciplinary hearing set for November could lead to termination of his membership.
He has already been expelled from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, the Producers Guild and the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
Weinstein now faces criminal inquiries in three cities after an Italian actress told Los Angeles detectives that Weinstein raped her in a hotel room in 2013. Weinstein has previously denied 'any claims of non-consensual sex'.
Attorney David Ring, who represents the 38-year-old actress, said Friday that she provided graphic details to police about the incident that occurred while she was in the city for the Los Angeles, Italia Film, Fashion and Art Fest.
The actress, who has not been named, met Weinstein in Rome previously and spoke with him briefly at the film festival before he arrived uninvited at her hotel room.
Weinstein bullied his way in and raped her, Ring said.
'Her greatest regret is opening that door,' Ring said. 'She had no idea what was coming.' 

The 34-year-old said she met the disgraced Hollywood mogul in 2011 at an awards ceremony in Berlin while she was in her final year at the Yale School of Drama. 
Nyong'o wrote about her experiences with Weinstein in The New York Times, saying that after six years of shelving the encounter she decided to come out with her story.
Also on Thursday, Quentin Tarantino admitted knowing for decades about Weinstein's alleged sexual misconduct, confessing in an interview to feeling ashamed that he did not stop working with the mogul.
'I knew enough to do more than I did,' the Oscar-winning filmmaker told The New York Times, citing several episodes involving prominent actresses.
'There was more to it than just the normal rumors, the normal gossip. 
'It wasn't secondhand. I knew he did a couple of these things.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 21 Oct 2017, 14:34

If you haven't read Lupita N's piece in the NYT, do so. It is eloquent, and manages to shed some new light on what has become a well-tread story. Much more than the 'this is what Harvey did to me' recounting.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Oct 2017, 17:21

I just read Lupita's report on the NYT, and she describes the dilemma very eloquently you're in as an actor / actress:
You need to keep in touch with people you don't like / are comfortable with. You need to go to events and parties dressed up simply because if you don't do it, you won't get a job. You need to build up your own network, and when you've reached a certain position, you're able to say no to somebody like Weinstein. Before, it means you're ruining your career. So what do you do?

I remember when I was at school and at university, there were teachers who were known to give attractive girls better marks. So several girls always showed up looking very sexy when he did his exams or just tests. They knew that, he'd be more graceful with them than with others who didn't dress up like they did. I never did that, I was never as attractive as others and was also educated differently. But who's using whom in such a situation?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 21 Oct 2017, 18:38

I read Lupita's opinion piece last night. I agree. She was so articulate and sincere in her writing. I suspect many women who came into contact with Weinstein suffered the same type of harrassment without it ever becoming more than that. Thank goodness! But these women must have felt very much the way Lupita did. How do you process that? How to share your story without feeling your own credibility is at risk?

I went back to the article this morning to pull one her quotes that expresses so well the uniqueness of this industry.

"Our business is complicated because intimacy is part and parcel of our profession; as actors we are paid to do very intimate things in public. .... we must stay viligent and ensure that the professional intimacy is not abused."

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 21 Nov 2017, 19:24

This discussion (mostly recently in the 'Serious' thread) has reminded me of two things that happened when my daughter was a teen, and how some beliefs can be so deep that you don't recognize them until you're forced into a personal reaction.

My daughter went to a private college prep school from 6th grade to graduation. The school had a reputation as being the 'liberal' private education institution in the city. And for the most part, it was.

But one day, two students were discovered having sex in a school bathroom. Both horny, willing teens doing something entirely inappropriate. The girl was suspended immediately. The boy went through a disciplinary hearing, during which members of the board, two teachers, and his famously liberal parents argued that "He's a teenage boy, and this is expected of him, and she's the one who had the power to say 'no.' " He was eventually suspended, too, but the fight was telling and fractious. And his parents withdrew him the following term because they felt he'd been railroaded. He was a bit of a hero at his next school. The girl's reputation was ruined, and she had to leave after her grades fell too far to meet standards.

The other incident involved my daughter directly. During a class academic competition, the the girls' team was trouncing the boys. One of the boys, who came from a strict (-ish) Muslim family -- he attended that school, after all -- called the girls "bitches" and said they had to be cheating. Of course, the girls took offense, but the boys said it was heat of the moment, or whatever boys at that age would say. The teacher ended the game and declared the girls the winner. After class, my daughter went to the particular boy and told him he owed every girl an apology. Not only did he say he owed no one anything... he slapped her.

And she knocked the shit out of him. We were told he had to go to the emergency room to get checked out.

The school's policy on discipline included the involved students writing out their version of the incident, including what they should have done differently. My daughter wrote her version, but refused to say she would have done anything other than defend herself; she would do the same thing again. He got three days' suspension. She got five, with the possibility of expulsion. We fought it, and she insisted she wasn't sorry and wouldn't change her statement, and she'd take her punishment. Of course, it helped that she was an excellent student and had never been in any trouble. But I can't tell you how many times we had to bring the discussion back to the point that she had been hit first, and why. They were focused on who had the worst injuries. Her actions were "uncalled for."

All of this is to say, we've all been taught certain things, from various sources, and some of them are right and some of them are wrong. But this society, and many others, will, more often than not, come down on the male side of the line, until there are more women willing to kick ass, and more women in power to support them.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 21 Nov 2017, 20:30

Yes, women need to stand together but sadly not enough do. We as women need to learn we aren't each others enemies
and stand up for each other instead of tearing each other a part.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 21 Nov 2017, 21:06

What saddens me is that so many men are afraid of gender equality. They already feel like they're losing power and if women are truly treated as equals they are afraid they'll lose it all. As we gain more power I think it will push some men into becoming even more abusive. Echoes of the alt-right, anyone?

Snoop Dog was right. Sexism is as much an issue as racism in this country.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 08 Dec 2017, 19:02

[size=34]'IT'S A F****** CRIME': Rose McGowan hits out at Meryl Streep's toned-down description of Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault allegations after Oscar winner called them 'disrespectful'[/size]
By ASHLEY COLLMAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 13:13 EST, 8 December 2017 | UPDATED: 13:47 EST, 8 December 2017

Rose McGowan hit out at Meryl Streep on Friday, after the Academy Award-winning actress characterized the Harvey Weinstein accusations as simply 'disrespectful'. 
Weinsten, a longtime collaborator of Streep's, was fired from his own company in October when dozens of women came forward with frightening stories of being sexually harassed or assaulted by the menacing producer. 
Streep spoke about Weinstein, and the other sexual harassment scandals gripping Hollywood, at the Massachusetts Conference for Women on Thursday. 

+6

+6

Rose McGowan criticized Meryl Streep on Friday for only calling the accusations against Harvey Weinstein 'disrespectful'

+6

'No, Meryl, IT'S A F****** CRIME,' McGowan tweeted on Friday, a day after Streep made her comments at the Massachusetts Conference for Women 
She called the allegations against Weinstein 'the most gargantuan example of disrespect' permeating every industry. 
McGowan appeared to take issue with Streep's language, saying in a tweet on Friday that it should have been stronger.  

'No Meryl, IT'S A F****** CRIME. You are such a lie # ROSEARMY,' McGowan said.
This isn't the first time that McGowan has criticized actresses for their response to the Weinstein scandal. 
Weinstien was brought down on October 5, when the New York Times published a piece about how he had paid to keep sexual harassment allegations quiet for years. 
He was fired from The Weinstein Co. three days later. 
In the aftermath of the first Times article, many actresses started speaking out about the allegations against Weinstein, standing by the victims like McGowan who were brave enough to come forward and tell their stories. 

+6

When the allegations against Weinstein first came to light on October 5, Streep did not immediately issue a statement. But she did comment a day after he was fired from his company a few days later

+6

A day after the first exposé on Weinstein was published, McGowan called out actresses that were staying quiet 
A day after the Times story was published, McGowan tweeted that she was disappointed in the silence from actresses who had worked with Weinstein. 
'Ladies of Hollywood, your silence is deafening,' McGowan wrote.  
Streep, who has worked with Weinstein on several films, was among the actresses who stayed silent right after the first Times story was published. 
But she did finally issue a statement a day after Weinstein was fired, saying she had no idea about his years of sexual misconduct. 
'The disgraceful news about Harvey Weinstein has appalled those of us whose work he championed, and those whose good and worthy causes he supported. The intrepid women who raised their voices to expose this abuse are our heroes,' she told the Huffington Post in a statement. 

RELATED ARTICLES

'One thing can be clarified. Not everybody knew. Harvey supported the work fiercely, was exasperating but respectful with me in our working relationship, and with many others with whom he worked professionally. I didn’t know about these other offenses: I did not know about his financial settlements with actresses and colleagues; I did not know about his having meetings in his hotel room, his bathroom, or other inappropriate, coercive acts,' she added. 
But it isn't just McGowan calling out Hollywood for its enabling of predators like Weinstein. 
DailyMail.com Editor-at-Large Piers Morgan pointed out in October that while Streep had spoken out against Weinstien in the aftermath of his firing, she hadn't had the same reaction in the past to other abusers. 
When convicted child rapist Roman Polanski won the Academy Award for best director in 2003, Streep was one of the first to rise to her feet and give him a round of applause. 
After Streep's latest comments on Thursday, Morgan criticized her again. 
He tweeted out a USA Today story that included a quote from Streep's talk. Streep said of the 'Me too' movement: 'I can't help thinking it's just a door that's opening to a better world.'
Morgan responded: 'One in which you continue to give Roman Polanski standing ovations?  

+6

DailyMail.com Editor-at-Large Piers Morgan thought Streep's recent statements were hypocritical, given that she supported Roman Polanski, a convicted rapist, by standing up and applauding when he won the Oscar for best director in 2003

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 08 Dec 2017, 20:00

I applaud RoseMc for most of her spearheading actions, but she needs to learn to read/hear context and comprehend word choice. She's way out of line. And I must have missed the memo about her being Supreme MeToo Response Czar.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 08 Dec 2017, 20:18

Way2Old - I think keeping her encounters with Weinstein quiet traumatized her so much that now that she's able to tell people. she's on a crusade. She needs to realize that although most women agree that any kind of abuse must stop, not everyone is as invested in it as she is.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 14 Dec 2017, 15:16

Has anybody read Selma Hayek's article about Weinstein in the New York Times?

carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Dec 2017, 04:05

Thanks for the post Carol.  I did read it yesterday but didn’t post the link here.  What a horrendous ordeal Hayek went through with this monster!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 15 Dec 2017, 06:26

Yes,
that's what I felt as well when I read this.
And to hear that - what usually happens although I haven't read about it in this particular case - these men claim that they never perpetrated or harassed a woman, that it all happened consensual and that they stopped immediately after the woman said no. And that like - in any other case - people will say" 'Why does she speak out now and not when it happened? This means she's not reliable!'
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 15 Dec 2017, 13:12

Every time I read another set of these stories, it strikes me how the men are convinced that they were being sexually playful, and maybe a little aggressive, but that they were also engaged in consensual encounters. Matt Lauer thought he was having office flings. Russell Simmons was being kinky. Louis CK always informed the women of what he was about to do.

Of course, the other side of that are the details of some of these incidents that strain credibility, and yes, sympathy (mine, at least). Some women claim to have been assaulted once, then went to the assaulter's hotel room at a subsequent time. Reportedly, Dustin Hoffman penetrated a woman with his fingers in a work setting, but she later got into the back of a vehicle with him and it happened a second time. I'm not going to cut any sexual predator any slack, but I think the (male) "She's here again, so it must be okay with her" mindset has to be taken into account in some of these instances.

Weinstein is just POS criminal slime,IMO, who deserves to be struck from society, to live in shamed confinement and poverty.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum