George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

+12
annemarie
ladybugcngc
it's me
What Would He Say
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
hairyhound
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
PigPen
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 Empty Re: George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by hairyhound Mon 11 Jun 2018, 11:27

it's me wrote:Right

She should have
At that point

Applauded to him
Too

Not standing there
as all the clapping  was for her
and not for him

I guess her tribute was really good, that part of the clapping went towards her as well. 

But I guess she might have still been a bit overwhelmed by all the clapping from the audience plus the fact that she was nervous talking about George that she forgot that she needed to clap for George in the end!
hairyhound
hairyhound
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

George will receive the AFI Life achievement award - Page 3 Empty Re: George will receive the AFI Life achievement award

Post by annemarie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 11:52

The person who gives a speech receives the applauds, just as when George gave his speech everyone applauded.

There is no reason she should have applauded her own speech that would have been strange.

The speech was about George from Amal. Also , her standing there was polite not just walking off when people are acknowledging what she has said.

Last edited by annemarie on Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:09; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:00

IMO
Her applauding him would have been better
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:14

She would have looked like she was applauding her self and that would have come off as her being smug.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:31

Not my opinion
Anyway not my business too

Right ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 12:50

True, it was a wonderful evening in George's honor and as he said Amal makes every day special in his life.

And you could see how touched and moved he was by her speech that is all that matters.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:07

Very true Annemarie. She would have looked like Donald Trump......!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:10

Sorry about Ed Sheeran and Andre Bocelli, folks. Total mistake....supposed to be posting it in a letter. Think I must have got distracted.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:20

Ah no worry PAN it was a lovely video piece with two very talented artists singing a beautiful song.  Really enjoyable. IMO.

Amal gave a very touching and loving speech about her husband.  There was no need to applaud her husband when the audience applauded her speech.  She was showing her praise and approval of her husband with her words.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 11 Jun 2018, 15:22

PAN - Apology not needed. I could listen to it all day and I thank you for posting it. Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Jun 2018, 00:44

I really like some of the phraseology Amal used in the Vogue interview .... I remembered them clearly, I liked them so much....

It would have been nice it she had changed it up a bit.... many of the more intimate sentiments were exactly the same.... I’d say almost scripted, but I might look green....

Heck I am green... too late to worry about what colour now....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 12 Jun 2018, 00:45

hairyhound wrote:
it's me wrote:Right

She should have
At that point

Applauded to him
Too

Not standing there
as all the clapping  was for her
and not for him

I guess her tribute was really good, that part of the clapping went towards her as well. 

But I guess she might have still been a bit overwhelmed by all the clapping from the audience plus the fact that she was nervous talking about George that she forgot that she needed to clap for George in the end!

I’d give him the clap anyway of the week...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Jun 2018, 01:11

What Would He Say wrote:I really like some of the phraseology Amal used in the Vogue interview .... I remembered them clearly, I liked them so much....

It would have been nice it she had changed it up a bit.... many of the more intimate sentiments were exactly the same.... I’d say almost scripted, but I might look green....

Heck I am green... too late to worry about what colour now....

I like green colour
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 12 Jun 2018, 21:49

"Because, no offence, but this guy is not the type to allow himself to be visibly moved."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"vulnerability isn't one of his many fortes"
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 12 Jun 2018, 23:04

That article was right , Amal and the kids bring out his vulnerable side .

They are the one's he love's more than anything in the world like any other father and husband. It was wonderful

to see him show his emotions loving and being loved can do that too you.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 01:23

it's me wrote:"Because, no offence, but this guy is not the type to allow himself to be visibly moved."

"vulnerability isn't one of his many fortes"
It's clear Amal is over the moon in love with George Clooney.  Navigating the deep rooted feelings and emotions of another can be complicated both fiction and non-fiction.  I'm so use to seeing George Clooney in fictional roles. 

It was the first time I've see him react to someone sharing their authentic deep rooted feelings and emotions.  As wife and mother to George Clooney's children it was wonderful to hear Amal share her deep rooted love before an international audience.  

I'm sure George Clooney's response to Amal's speech carried many feelings and emotions.  From where I stand, I'm not sure the video captured the length and breath of what went through his heart and mind.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 13 Jun 2018, 02:05

annemarie wrote:That article was right , Amal and the kids bring out his vulnerable side .

They are the one's he love's more than anything in the world like any other father and husband. It was wonderful

to see him show his emotions loving and being loved can do that too you.

You can clearly see from the video how he got even more emotional when she mentioned the kids ("the dada is friends with" part).

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Jun 2018, 02:30

This ET Canada tape shows that too but in a different way..........he loves being home

Love the way the Meghan question was deflected.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 04:55

It's funny how George talks about the kids and as their Mother Amal refers to them as children.

PAN, There really is no place like home.  I'm sure that's true for George, the Love of his life, their children, and extended family.

I think it's wonderful that English Royalty and Hollywood Royalty are friends.  I hope one day the details of their relationship will be told.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 04:57

Doug Ross wrote:

You can clearly see from the video how he got even more emotional when she mentioned the kids ("the dada is friends with" part).
I love that Amal chose where George Clooney is heard and not seen.  There is something extra special about his voice.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 13 Jun 2018, 06:27

Christopher Plummer and Vera Farmiga about George:

carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Jun 2018, 08:28

A bit different
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Jun 2018, 08:31

carolhathaway wrote:Christopher Plummer and Vera Farmiga about George:

Sweet

Thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Jun 2018, 08:40

it's me wrote:

A bit different

Quoting myself to say
As much as I see it
again
I think his mind was not there

He reacted more on people reaction
As the lil smile

He was carried away
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:35

George was very much there, he was leaning forward during her speech and listening intently, only when she stopped talking
did he sit back in his seat. He looked very proud of his wife.

Yes he was carried a way, by the love and words coming from his wife about their life together.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:56

THAT’S THE FACE!... I remember it so clearly at MM in London...I don’t know if it’s a happy face or NOT happy /agitated face...I saw same face at MM in London.... maybe I was wrong and it was a happy face.....But on my post I said he looked very agitated borderline angry .....

That’s the face though...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 13 Jun 2018, 11:14

I'm willing to bet he seemed agitated because he was anxious waiting for her to turn up and that was the most important thing to him..........

When I saw him in the Carlyle lobby, he was very happy but couldn't wait to get on with it and left early, way ahead of the others..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 11:22

I think he may have been anxious  for Amal at the beginning, she said herself he knew how nervous she was talking about 
him in front of everyone. 
If she was uncomfortable , he would be as well he loves her.
You can see him  lean in to listen intently too her words, and at the end the smile is a very happy and proud one.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Jun 2018, 14:28

He didn't react at all
At the Batman word
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 13 Jun 2018, 14:30

party animal - not! wrote:I'm willing to bet he seemed agitated because he was anxious waiting for her to turn up and that was the most important thing to him..........

When I saw him in the Carlyle lobby, he was very happy but couldn't wait to get on with it and left early, way ahead of the others..........

When at the Carlyle lobby?
What for?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 14:42

annemarie wrote:I think he may have been anxious  for Amal at the beginning, she said herself he knew how nervous she was talking about 
him in front of everyone. 
If she was uncomfortable , he would be as well he loves her.
You can see him  lean in to listen intently too her words, and at the end the smile is a very happy and proud one.
Interesting...  I don't think I've ever heard George Clooney say he loves her.   scratch
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 14:58

He has said he loves her several times. The first was at fight night just before their wedding in Italy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 15:02

annemarie wrote:He has said he loves her several times. The first was at fight night just before their wedding in Italy.
I think that's what you got from what he said.  I don't remember him saying he "loves" her.  

The expression "I Love You" is an expression of love George Clooney does not take lightly.  Love connected to his non-fiction life is something that he puts in the balance and weighs with great intensity.  Someone wrote being vulnerable is not his forte.  If find him to be extremely guarded, and that acts as a shield against unwanted feeling and emotions.  Someone getting pass that shield would be an Act of God.

As a non-actor navigating scripted feelings and emotions between fiction and non-fiction can't be easy.  As an actor, life lived in fiction is their life's work and what's scripted in a business contract is followed.  What's been interesting to me is the intensity of Amal's love for George Clooney.   

The truth is only George and Amal Clooney know the details of their relationship.  They both have been very private about the details of their life.  As life moves on I hope a lifetime of happiness for George Clooney, his Lady Love, their children, and extended family.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 16:02; edited 2 times in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 15:14

I know what he said, I watched the video. If you didn't you can I have placed the link below.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 13 Jun 2018, 15:48

I don't even know why you're arguing on this. 
They're married, they have kids, they've been together for five years. Pretty sure that's what people in love do.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 15:59

No arguing ladybug didn't remember so I showed her the video. Of course we all know he loves her your right Doug Ross.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 13 Jun 2018, 16:01

annemarie wrote:No arguing ladybug didn't remember so I showed her the video. Of course we all know he loves her your right Doug Ross.
No arguing, thanks for the video.  Videos like that are what fairytales are made of.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Wed 13 Jun 2018, 16:23; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Jun 2018, 16:03

Your welcome Ladybug.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 13 Jun 2018, 16:05

I apologize, then. Razz

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Tue 19 Jun 2018, 20:38

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 19 Jun 2018, 22:24

Thank you very much
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 19 Jun 2018, 22:45

Amazing...   I love you

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 19 Jun 2018, 23:23; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 19 Jun 2018, 23:14

Very Happy Thanks for posting, Benex. This interview reminded me of the ITAS interview he did a few years back with James Lipton. I think I like him best when he does these informal interviews and talks about his career.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 19 Jun 2018, 23:33

"I had everything, except talent." Ahahahah 
Thanks for these, Benex.

Do you guys remember the interview that he did where he explained his baseball audition? I was thinking about it while watching the clip, but I can't remember if he was on a talk show or what.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 19 Jun 2018, 23:45

He talked about it on Ellen.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 20 Jun 2018, 00:31

Thank you, Ladybug.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 20 Jun 2018, 13:34

I was thinking at

Already out
Someone already seen?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Jun 2018, 14:32

Out at Christmas.

Does anyone have access to Vanity Fair online. Article about backstage goings on at the AFI online today, but I can't access it..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 20 Jun 2018, 15:25

It looks like fun, but what does it have to do with George?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 20 Jun 2018, 15:27

Doug Ross wrote:"I had everything, except talent." Ahahahah 
Thanks for these, Benex.

Do you guys remember the interview that he did where he explained his baseball audition? I was thinking about it while watching the clip, but I can't remember if he was on a talk show or what.
He also talked about it with  Letterman on 'My next guest needs no introduction'.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next