George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles

+12
What Would He Say
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
Donnamarie
Sevens
Nicky80
benex
it's me
party animal - not!
Silje
Joanna
PigPen
16 posters

Go down

George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles Empty George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles

Post by party animal - not! Tue 20 Jan 2015, 19:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney to Present Art Directors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award

Production designer Jim Bissell will receive the award on January 31.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney

George Clooney will present the Art Directors Guild Lifetime Achievement Award to his longtime friend Jim Bissell, the Oscar-nominated production designer behind the stunning world of Clooney's 2005 "Good Night, and Good Luck" and this year's "The Monuments Men."

Clooney recently won the HFPA's Cecil B. DeMille award, the Golden Globes equivalent of a lifetime achievement prize. His collaborations with Bisell began in 2002 with Clooney's directorial debut "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind," and the two have paired ever since. Bissell also art-directed Spielberg's "E.T." in 1982, among other films.

As previously announced, filmmaker Christopher Nolan will receive the ADG's Cinematic Imagery Award. Lifetime Achievement Awards will be awarded for the first time in ADG history to all four crafts. Joining Bissell will be illustrator Camille Abbott, set designer John P. Bruce and scenic artist Will Ferrell. Additional presenters include Anne Hathaway, Eddie Redmayne, Felicity Jones, Julie Bowen and Mayim Bialik, among others. 

The presentation will take place at the ADG's always entertaining black-tie ceremony at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Saturday, January 31, 2015. We listed the 2015 nominees in 11 competitive categories here.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 16:13; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added text and pic; updated title)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles Empty Re: George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles

Post by Nicky80 Tue 20 Jan 2015, 20:13

Coolio 

I never heard of the ADG Award Show. Do I understand it right that this is an Award Show for the design in the film and TV?
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles Empty Re: George Presents Art Directors Life Achievement Award, January 31, 2015 Los Angeles

Post by PigPen Tue 20 Jan 2015, 22:27

Let's hope they've fixed the air conditioner at the Beverly Hilton!! 

Hope this helps,  Nicky    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Art Directors Guild
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ADG Art Directors Guild (logo).png
Full name The Art Directors Guild
Founded 1937
Members 2,006
Head union International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees
Affiliation AFL-CIO
Key people Mimi Gramatky, President[1]
Office location 11969 Ventura Blvd. 2nd Floor
Studio City, California, 91604, USA
Country United States
Website [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Art Directors Guild (ADG) is an American labor union and branch of the International Alliance of Theatrical and Stage Employees (IATSE) representing 2,006 motion picture and television professionals.

The ADG's sponsored activities include a film society, the Annual ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards, an art gallery called Gallery 800, an annual membership directory, technology-training programs and the professional quarterly news magazine Perspective. They are also founding cosponsors of the 5D Conferences.

Contents

1 Membership
2 Origins
2.1 Art Directors Guild
2.1.1 Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists
2.1.2 Illustrators, Storyboard Artists and Matte Artists
3 ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards
4 Hall of fame
5 References
6 External links

Membership

Local 800 has four main craft classifications:

Art Directors
Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists
Illustrators and Matte Artists
Set Designers and Model Makers

In addition, the ADG is seeking to extend membership and subsequent union benefits to previs artists.[2]

Individual crafts represented by the ADG:

Production Designers
Art Directors
Assistant Art Directors
Set Designers
Graphic Artists
Illustrators
Matte Artists
Model Makers
Scenic Artists
Previs Artists

Origins
Art Directors Guild

Fifty-nine Art Directors, from all the major Hollywood studios, met on May 6, 1937 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, to found the Society of Motion Picture Art Directors (SMPAD).[3]

After World War II, many “below the line” industry labor organizations, including SMPAD, signed on with the IATSE for overall union representation. SMPAD became more active, grew in membership, and expanded opportunities as television developed. In 1967 the Society included "television" to their name before settling on its current moniker, the "Art Directors Guild" in 1998.[4]
Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists

The creation of its own local (formerly known as Local 816) in March 1949 marked the first time the Hollywood Scenic Artists and Title Artists had its own local representing its unique needs. Previously, the members were part of Local 644 of the Conference of Studio Unions (CSU) working in film and theater. The overwhelming majority of Local 644’s membership, however, had been made up of set painters and paperhangers and included set designers as well. It was not until the dissolution of the CSU after a long series of bitterly contested strikes that the scenic artists were able to organize exclusively. Those artists had been pioneers in their field, responsible for devising and developing the methods used to create representational scenery unsurpassed anywhere in the world.

The size and strength of the local grew with the inclusion of television contracts in the early 1950s. Television, at that time, was in effect an extension of live theater and required a lot of painted two-dimensional scenery instead of the three-dimensional sets used in film. As the nature of television scenery changed, the responsibilities of the television scenic artist broadened to include those of the set painter. Local 816 was the only local in the entertainment industry that worked in all three major areas of the business: film, television and theater.

In January 2003, the 850 members of ADG merged with the 650 member Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists to form the Art Directors Guild & Scenic, Title and Graphic Artists.
Illustrators, Storyboard Artists and Matte Artists

In the 1930s, the Illustrators and Matte Artists were part of the Federation of Motion Picture Crafts. By 1941 they became a part of the Conference of Studio Unions. In 1945, they received their own chartered local, Local 790 in IATSE, which by the 1950s became the dominant labor organization representing the motion picture and television job categories working behind the camera.[5]

On July 1, 2008, under the orders of IATSE International President Thomas C. Short, Local 790 Illustrators & Matte Artists and Local 847 Set Designers and Model Makers were merged into Local 800.[6]
ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards

The ADG Excellence in Production Design Awards are presented annually by the Art Directors Guild to recognize excellence in production design and art direction in the film and television industries.
Hall of fame
Main article: Art Directors Guild Hall of Fame

The Art Directors Guild established its Hall of Fame in 2005 to honour the contributions of significant past production designers and art directors. The Hall of Fame inducts new members annually, with the first group formally inducted at the 9th Annual Excellence in Production Design Awards ceremony on February 12, 2005.[7]

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 20 Jan 2015, 23:50

George Clooney To Present ADG's Lifetime Achievement Award To Jim Bissell

By The Deadline Team

January 20, 2015

George Clooney will present the Art Directors Guild’s Lifetime Achievement Award to his old pal and longtime collaborator, production designer Jim Bissell. The awards show and presentation will be held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 31.

Clooney’s collaboration with Bissell began in 2002 with Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind, followed by Good Night, And Good Luck, Leatherheads, and most recently The Monuments Men.

Bissell’s other credits include E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, The Rocketeer, Jumanji, 300, and Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol (2011). He won an Emmy forPalmerstown, U.S.A., and and received an Oscar nomination for Good Night, And Good Luck.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 20 Jan 2015, 23:53

YAY.....another red carpet appearance ?
That'll brighten up my winter months.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 21 Jan 2015, 00:01

Shouldn't  Amal be in Europe for the Armenian case so maybee George will come alone for this one?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 21 Jan 2015, 03:13

This isn't televised and I doubt there will be a red carpet as Guild awards like this are not normally covered by the media in any large extent.

George attending might bring out more photographers but I don't think they have a red carpet type of entrance.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 21 Jan 2015, 05:45

OH......let's hope for the best for great pics then.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 22 Jan 2015, 17:38

What Bissell did for Monuments Men........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 22 Jan 2015, 17:54

Thanks PAN. It was really interesting reading background on how the sets were developed. Makes me appreciate the work that goes into making a movie look authentic. And in the case of MM I really did think the cinematography and set productions were beautiful and very well done. So nice for Bissell to get this recognition.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 22 Jan 2015, 20:06

Yes thanks pan......I loved all of the period detail
in Monuments Men and it's interesting to see
some of the background to it all.

My mind just boggles at what goes into making
a film.....I always enjoy watching the extras 
on dvd's, especially the "making of" sections.
It's quite fascinating to me to see how it was done.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 22 Jan 2015, 21:35

I like it me too!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 22 Jan 2015, 22:01

Me three.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 11:47

So this is happening today. Let' hope we see some new pics soon Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 31 Jan 2015, 12:43

alone!!!!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 31 Jan 2015, 21:37

Looks like there is a red carpet for this event: Here's last year's

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Feb 2015, 09:16

any pics by now?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Feb 2015, 09:18

I found one

[*]

January 31, 20159:15 pm

George Clooney came out to HUGE applause in order to give the evening’s final Lifetime Achievement award, for Production Design, to Jim Bissell.
Clooney noted that Good Night and Good Luck, the second film on which the two worked together, is the least expensive ever to be nominated for an Oscar in production design. “So what I’m saying is that Jim is cheap,” he joked. He continued, saying “some of my favorite moments are being on location with Jim as he draws scenes on cocktail napkins… Jim always surpasses your wildest dreams. He’s the most passionate guy on set. He loves his work almost as much as we do.” 

Jim Bissell’s prolific career is a constant highlight reel that includes four films with George Clooney, as well as E.T., The Falcon and the Snowman, 300, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, and so on. Coming up to the stage, he received the second of the evening’s unambiguous standing ovations.
“I love the smell of sawdust, paint, I love the people that I work with, I think they’re extraordinary. I also love the craftsmen of every sort, and there’s nothing I like better than the sound of whirring steel blades and paint brushes,” he said at the start of his acceptance speech, before paying tribute in kind to Clooney, who he praised for their work on Confessions.

But his most heartfelt comments were for his peers. “I’m awed by the talent in this room tonight. I look at this list of nominations… and I just go “boy I hope I can get a job again”. This is amazing… But one thing I’m grateful for is it brought my family together. They’re sitting here, my son Jamie came all the way from Rwanda. My mom Liz, my dear mom. She came down from the central coast My two kids, Alexander and Elizabeth, they actually came out of their rooms.

“But that’s my core family, and this is my bigger family. There are so may people I’ve come to know and love in this business, I feel like this is my extended family. Thank you all for being part of my family, and for this great honor.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:56; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added pics and text)
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Feb 2015, 09:23

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sun 01 Feb 2015, 10:16

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pics)
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Sun 01 Feb 2015, 11:54

George Clooney makes a suave presentation at the Art Directors Guild Awards

And on Saturday George Clooney was looking dapper as ever as he hit the stage to present an honour at the Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills. The 53-year-old was suited and booted with a broad tie and a dark dinner jacket as he slicked his

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text and pic)
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:14

Suited and booted! George Clooney makes a suave presentation at the Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills

He's one of the suavest and charming stars to ever grace the silver screen.
And on Saturday George Clooney was looking dapper as ever as he hit the stage to present an honour at the Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills.
The 53-year-old was suited and booted with a broad tie and a dark dinner jacket as he slicked his salt and pepper hair back to reveal his classically handsome features. 

Looking suave: George Clooney was looking dapper as ever as he hit the stage to present an honour at the Art Directors Guild Awards in Beverly Hills on Saturday
Also at the event was The Theory Of Everything co-stars Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.
The two are continuing to notch up more honours as is their film about Stephen Hawking, the British theoretical physicist and cosmologist afflicted by early onset ALS.
The duo, who played wheelchair-bound Stephen and his wife, Jane, joined Clooney at the Art Directors Guild's Excellence In Production Design Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills. 

Fine man: The 53-year-old was suited and booted with a broad tie and a dark dinner jacket as he slicked his salt and pepper hair back to reveal his classically handsome features.
Proud winner: Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient Jim Bissell posed with the Hollywood star
Meanwhile, it was just two nights before that the ER alum was spotted enjoying a laidback meal with pals at his favourite sushi restaurant, Asanebo, in Studio City, California.
Cutting a casual figure in a black leather jacket teamed with a pair of navy jeans, the Oscar winner was notably without his 36-year-old wife, Amal Clooney, who is currently in Europe.
On the same day, the human rights lawyer was seen at the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg, France, where she is to appear in a high-profile case against a Turkish politician who denies the killing of 1.5million Armenians in 1915 amounted to genocide.

As George remains in California, his most recent restaurant tab is highly likely to have been considerably less than what was spent on the eve of his September Venetian wedding to Amal.
It was recently revealed that his extravagant final meal as a single man consisted of a carb heavy seven courses to the tune of £3,000 – and it didn’t cost him a dime.
While Amal prepared for her big day, George indulged himself with five friends at the picturesque Italian city’s Ristorante da Ivo.
George – a regular patron – is believed to have given manager pal Giovanni Fracassi 10 minutes’ notice prior to turning up with his stag party friends, amongst them former supermodel Cindy Crawford’s husband Rande Gerber, and ordering five courses followed by two puddings.
‘For a man getting married ten hours later, he was really eating a lot,’ Fracassi told the Daily Mirror. ‘He sent back for seconds of risotto, both times wiping his plate clean with chunks of bread.
‘I gave him mint and chocolate ice creams. He really likes them. He ate three and took three to his room.’

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:32

thanks to frenchies

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:39

thanks to frenchies

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 13:58

That's my favourite Picture Very Happy

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:19

Great pics!George looks cute! must be planning some jokes.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 01 Feb 2015, 14:36

Thanks to everyone for posting the articles and pictures this morning. George looked incredibly handsome and classic as usual. I liked the words Jim Bissell said in his speech. The passion he has for his job, thoughts on his family and his extended family.

Nicky, yea I really like that shot of George too.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 01 Feb 2015, 15:12

Funny comment in the honoree's speech,

.."My two kids, Alexander and Elizabeth, they actually came out of their rooms..."

LOL

George looks great too!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 01 Feb 2015, 15:25

Mischievous George! Missed you!

He looks yummy. I like him stag.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 01 Feb 2015, 15:32

He looks absolutely MARVY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 01 Feb 2015, 16:11

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Mischievous George! Missed you!

He looks yummy. I like him stag.

Me too !

I'm still seeing a little sadness in the eyes..... could be I self reflect....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 01 Feb 2015, 21:53

He does look good, although I am not a fan of that tie.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 22:11

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/George+Clooney/browse

thanks to frenchies
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 01 Feb 2015, 22:21

sadness?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 01 Feb 2015, 22:28

He looks good . Nice smile . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 01 Feb 2015, 22:34

Agree amaretti. He looks good. He looks happy. But he usually looks happy. Would like to hear his presentation. Maybe it will be on YouTube soon.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 01 Feb 2015, 23:23

Donnamarie wrote:Agree amaretti.  He looks good.  He looks happy.  But he usually looks happy.  Would like to hear his presentation.  

**Maybe it will be on YouTube soon.

** Nothing there yet DonnaMarie !

Thanks everyone for the great pictures.  flower
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Mon 02 Feb 2015, 14:01

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 02 Feb 2015, 14:05

Thank you Benex!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 03 Feb 2015, 19:27

Another part of the speech

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 Apr 2015, 13:34

The full speech and presentation

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 01 Apr 2015, 20:16; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added video)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 01 Apr 2015, 15:08

Thank you pan....That was lovely to watch.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Thu 02 Apr 2015, 00:22

It was good to get the chance to see that. Thanks PAN.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 02 Apr 2015, 02:41

Thanks for this.  Very nice...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down