George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side - part 2

+17
amaretti
oldweston
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Katiedot
Ragnar
Sevens
Alisonfan
PigPen
melbert
it's me
What Would He Say
Fingersandtoes
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
fava
carolhathaway
21 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Serious Side - part 2

Post by LizzyNY Sun 15 Jan 2017, 03:19

Impeachment or the invoking of the 25th Amendment to have him declared unfit. It seems like more and more people don't expect him to serve his full term. Sooner or later something will turn up that absolutely can't be ignored and all the "spin" in the world won't save him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 03:50

Lizzy we can only hope maybe , Pence won't get us into world war 3

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 15:52

Something definitely stinks at the FBI!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 15:56

Stinks to high heaven.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 15 Jan 2017, 16:53

Have a giggle at this.....

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/820326369972260864. Loved SNL last night by the way

Bur this not so much:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-african-american-history-museum-martin-luther-king-day-john-lewis-a7528346.html

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 18:21

Americans voted for this peace of crap. He is worse than a child he has no idea how to be an adult. If you aren't kissing his butt and buying his bull he can't stand it.

All Mr. idiot had to say was that's his opinion I don't think he is right but hey. No he attacks the man and has no facts to back up what he says.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 15 Jan 2017, 19:32

annemarie wrote:Americans voted for this peace of crap. He is worse than a child he has no idea how to be an adult. If you aren't kissing his butt and buying his bull he can't stand it.

All Mr. idiot had to say was that's his opinion I don't think he is right but hey. No he attacks the man and has no facts to back up what he says.

AnneMarie....Many think as you do....I said in my last pos -t a week is a loooong time....anything can happen.....and I don't have a good feeling about this...if it's as simple as bad weather or something more serious, revealed or otherwise...I don't know BUT.....

On the Trump legacy....I think he will go down as the man who let the Genie out of the bottle....Hopefully never to go back in......

I want the old days back....I want my representative kissing babies and visiting Veteran Hospitals and Hospices....I DO NOT WANT THEM ON STAGE WITH BYONCE, KATY PERRY, JLO ETC;.....

Thank God this stopped right here, right now.....around the world politicians are regrouping and seeing the folly of the US election.....

Government for the people does not mean those who can shake their ass 128 beats to the minute.... It's more profound, more serious.....I said Michelle O'B should have run....but even her message was errr not really down to earth "Work hard and the world is yours"......Many many work hard, only to wake each day to a harder day and harder work....Michelle is one of the lucky ones, she worked and got the brakes many don't.....

The Genie is out....Hopefully, never again will we witness Politicians trying to be Rock/Movie/Stars....or Rock/Movie/Stars trying to be politicians....Little wonder "Reality" found a gap in the wall..........
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 15 Jan 2017, 20:00

I don't really care about what celebrity supports which candidate, I choose who I want and believe the one I want.

I agree with you I don't have a good feeling either, we both know this is a bad idea. . 

George said we have to hope he does the job, I can't find any hope everyday is just one more brick in the wall. He opens him mouth and you just know this is going to be bad.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 04:48

George is far more tolerant and optimistic than I am in his take on a President Trump.  It probably will get worse before it gets better.  Trump has uncovered a very ugly part of America.  It's always been here but Trump has given a "legitimate" voice to those who want to go back to an America that is whiter,  more Christian and less inclusive.  His voices of support are going to stand by him regardless ... at least for the near future. Trump and his supporters will blame the government, the Democrats and even the Republicans for failures and misdeeds that occur during his administration.

IMO the trouble with our politics in the U.S. has nothing to do with celebrity endorsements.  I don't think most people are swayed that way.  And many times celebrity endorsements can have just the opposite effect. There are deep and complicated reasons why our political system doesn't work very well right now.  It will take years for this ship to right itself.  Hopefully it can.  But the fact that Trump somehow was able to get elected is a sign we are in deep doo-doo.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 16 Jan 2017, 05:06; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 13:22

I like George and I like hearing his opinions he is just like the rest of us only famous which to me means nothing. I thnk the fact is there was no perfect candidate, Hillary was a woman not good after an African American President. Too much for certain Americans to handle she had her good and her bad points like all politicians .

What I wonder is will Congress and Senate just bow down and let him do as he pleases, or will they have the guts to say no to him and his bullshit. 

Your right Donnamarie, they will blame everyone including the devil in hell but never Trump.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 16 Jan 2017, 15:12

Donnamarie wrote:George is far more tolerant and optimistic than I am in his take on a President Trump.  
With all due respect to George, wealthy people will be more insulated from Trumps policies than the rest of us.  He does not have to worry if the economy will tank just when his kids are getting out of college, if his retirement is going to disappear, if social security and medicare take a hit. He is not a woman who is going to live in a country where the president gropes and disrespects women except those that are a reflection of him.  He does not depend on Planned Parenthood for preventative care, etc. etc.  I'm not saying George's opinion does not count or that he does not care deeply about our country, as we all do.  It will be easier for him to wait this out (and to seek respite in Italy or Britain).

Also an interesting article in the NYT about Africa and the Trump administration which I am sure George will find alarming.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/world/africa/africa-donald-trump.html?_r=0
It seems from this article that Trump only cares about Africa and its people in terms of business opportunities.  He is a very short sighted and selfish man--the opposite of a humanitarian and the definition of self-interest.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 16 Jan 2017, 15:28

fava - That's a really insightful analysis of the situation. Trump gets more outrageous by the minute and I wonder how much/what it will take for our elected "representatives" to truly represent the people who elected them and not their own interests. If they don't man up pretty soon we may be seeing the start of the second American Revolution.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:06

I think the difference to me any way is that George has been poor he didn't grow up rich. 

The things that happen may not affect George but they will affect some of the people he knows.

George see's and cares and knows what right and wrong is.

Unlike the elected Trump who has never been poor, and doesn't care what is right as long as he wins .

The fact he is willing to dismantle aca without a plan to replace it knowing that there are millions of people , who are not rich and can't afford health care says a lot.

Fava, did any of us have a doubt that he is selfish and will only do what puts money in his pocket and serves his interest.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 16:08

I feel like we have done the mourning that was day after the election. Friday is the funeral for America as we know it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:28

Found this on Bob Balaban's (Monuments Men) twitter page

https://twitter.com/riotwomennn/status/810606356579438592

And apparently free Inauguration tickets are now being offered by Trump/Pence....to be honest didn't know you had to pay in the first place

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:43

As far as I know PAN you don't need a ticket to the actual Inauguration.  There may be special areas up close to the stage that require purchasing a ticket but otherwise the actual event is free.  On the other hand to attend many of the parties and balls tickets are required.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Jan 2017, 18:59

fava wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:George is far more tolerant and optimistic than I am in his take on a President Trump.  
With all due respect to George, wealthy people will be more insulated from Trumps policies than the rest of us.  He does not have to worry if the economy will tank just when his kids are getting out of college, if his retirement is going to disappear, if social security and medicare take a hit. He is not a woman who is going to live in a country where the president gropes and disrespects women except those that are a reflection of him.  He does not depend on Planned Parenthood for preventative care, etc. etc.  I'm not saying George's opinion does not count or that he does not care deeply about our country, as we all do.  It will be easier for him to wait this out (and to seek respite in Italy or Britain).

Also an interesting article in the NYT about Africa and the Trump administration which I am sure George will find alarming.  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/13/world/africa/africa-donald-trump.html?_r=0
It seems from this article that Trump only cares about Africa and its people in terms of business opportunities.  He is a very short sighted and selfish man--the opposite of a humanitarian and the definition of self-interest.

Fava, like you I do think George cares very much about the issues that affect most Americans. He is wealthy but understands where he comes from and he still maintains a relationship to his roots in Kentucky.  To give him the benefit of the doubt I think he is being far more measured in his words so as not to sound angry and bitter.  He wants to take a diplomatic tone on reflecting on the election and the outcome.  He understands his words will be quoted by the media.  I do think that he will speak out more fervently against any action(s) Trump takes on issues/policies that George feels passionately about.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Jan 2017, 12:59

A giggle for The Serious Side:

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-moth-discovery-troll-twitter-science-tiny-genitals-7532761?utm_source=indy&utm_medium=top5&utm_campaign=i100

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 13:00

Lol, I love it , but you know he won't .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Jan 2017, 14:44

Has any President-elect ever been so ridiculed as the Donald?!

Thanks PAN.  Ah yes that was definitely worth a chuckle.
Laughing
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Jan 2017, 09:23

Donnamarie wrote:Has any President-elect ever been so ridiculed as the Donald?!
Bush jnr? In the UK at least he was largely regarded as a moron and his mangled 'english' was roundly laughed at.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 19 Jan 2017, 14:43

If people were as critical of Obama, there would be hell to pay.  But I respect everyone's freedom of speech.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Jan 2017, 17:04

Bush could get the runner-up award but at least stateside the ridicule has been relentless for Trump ...  especially if you watch the late night talk shows.  Every night Trump, with few exceptions, is the subject of the opening monologue.  And then there's Saturday Night Live which has enough material on Trump that will keep them going for the next year.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 19 Jan 2017, 19:24

Nick Kristof had an interesting column this week. I knew Drumpf's grandfather was an immigrant. I didn't know he ran a brothel when he came here. No wonder Germany didn't want him back - and I guess now we know where the Donald gets his lack of respect for women.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Jan 2017, 15:59

I have just watched Drumpf walk into the White House with the Obamas, but didn't have the courtesy to allow the ladies in first.......

Here's a great article from the NYT

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/20/opinion/donald-the-unready.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-abc-region®ion=span-abc-region&WT.nav=span-abc-region

Anybody joining a march tomorrow?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 17:14

Donald dumb has surrendered his phone and will be tweeting from a secret service provided secure encrypted device.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 18:00

Just watched the Obamal's leave the white house .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 18:53

Very sad day.  It's rainy and gloomy here, much like my mood.  I'm sure there are many happy Trump supporters
but I just don't hold out much hope that this man will accomplish much.  I don't think he deserves respect because he hasn't shown any respect to people, the rule of law or our democracy.  In the end it will all about him and what makes him look good. 

I didn't listen to Trump's speech but read about it.  Didn't sound very inspirational to me.  He used the same campaign speech rhetoric that he used during the campaign.  

Yes, I will be going to the March tomorrow.  The one bright spot on an otherwise dark weekend.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 20 Jan 2017, 19:52

annemarie wrote:Just watched the Obamal's leave the white house .
Yahooooo

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 20 Jan 2017, 20:43

I will be at the march too!  Hoping for a great turn out.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 21:15

Donnamarie I agree with you very sad day for America.

The White House website now has no mention of climate change, aca or civil rights.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:06

Do you mean
CANCELLED ?!?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:32

It seems they have removed the information pertaining too those subjects.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 20 Jan 2017, 22:42

Will be interesting to see what they replace it with.............I dread to think.......

March in London tomorrow too. Hope to be there, depending on road closures and traffic

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Jan 2017, 23:02

It's a scandal

Will journalists discover again their role?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Jan 2017, 00:28

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-impeachment-effort-website-rootsaction-emoluments-clause-conflict-of-interest-ethics-a7538406.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 21 Jan 2017, 02:14

Then there is this.  The book is on the shelves in The National History Museum in Washington, D.C.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/a-trump-book-for-sale-at-the-national-history-museum-is-riddled-with-falsehoods/2017/01/20/adb72e24-de6d-11e6-acdf-14da832ae861_story.html?hpid=hp_local-news_no-name%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.86a880269588
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Jan 2017, 02:27

So this man wrote this book knowing it was full of lies.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 21 Jan 2017, 14:30

Of course he knew. He's a 25 year old kid getting the chance to write a bio of a billionaire. He's going to do as he's told and produce exactly the book his employer asked for. Now he's left playing defense. I'm sure he was well paid and thought it was a way to make a name for himself. I hope it doesn't kill his career.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Jan 2017, 18:39

The white house web site is touting Melania Trump's modeling and jewelry line. It talks about her charitable work and
a list of her magazine cover appearances and details her QVc jewelry line.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 21 Jan 2017, 18:49

Beggars belief. Isn't there a law about this!?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 22 Jan 2017, 00:33

No mention here about that

See pics at the link 

http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2017/01/21/foto/marcia_anti_trump_washington-156579020/1/?ref=HREA-1#1
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Jan 2017, 11:10

Yes, they've had to delete it. Great start!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/melania-trump-donald-trump-inauguration-biography-controversy-white-house-website-plug-for-jewelry-a7539326.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 13:20

They don't stop we all know it was a plug.

The infant is throwing a fit over the fact that the press is reporting he had less people at his inauguration than others. He is saying the pres is lying and that his was the biggest. 

This is what is important to this fool.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:11

annemarie wrote:They don't stop we all know it was a plug.

The infant is throwing a fit over the fact that the press is reporting he had less people at his inauguration than others. He is saying the pres is lying and that his was the biggest. 

This is what is important to this fool.
The facts surrounding the amount of people in attendance may not seem important; however, the press misrepresenting  the numbers is extremely important.  What is disconcerting to me is the fact the press fill they can misrepresent (i.e.skew) the truth.  We now have a President who has no problem calling out the press when they misrepresent the facts.  If President Trump continue to do that maybe the press will stop misrepresenting the facts/truth.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:47

He calls out the press when they don't agree with his lies it is that simple. He wants everything to be said that is in his favor.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 22 Jan 2017, 17:43

It's Trump who has consistently misrepresented the facts and that is why the press must be diligent about correcting him when necessary.  Trump did not have 1 million people at his inauguration. That statement by Trump is untrue.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:15

Donnamarie wrote:It's Trump who has consistently misrepresented the facts and that is why the press must be diligent about correcting him when necessary.  Trump did not have 1 million people at his inauguration. That statement by Trump is untrue.
How many were there?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:30

Trump has to fear
Such March

Ppl showed him that they can do it
Again

Again and again

And AGAIN
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 22 Jan 2017, 20:43

ladybugcngc wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:It's Trump who has consistently misrepresented the facts and that is why the press must be diligent about correcting him when necessary.  Trump did not have 1 million people at his inauguration. That statement by Trump is untrue.
How many were there?
Ladybug,
as far as I know, the numbers of people attending such an event without a ticket sale aren't counted anymore. 
My impression at the moment is that the press is starting feuds about every Trump issue at the moment: about the inaugregation cake which was a copie of Obama's cake, of Melania CV being not as impressive as Michelle Obama's (what a surprise!), about the book about Trump. I personally am not very optimistic about Trump's presidency (to say it in a polite way).
But even to me it looks as if the press is trying to find fault with him, asif they desperately try to find something to mourn about. Why don't they try to find an important issue? How he treated his employees? How he managed to avoid paying taxes? I guess there are many starting points. And in the meantime just contrast the pics of Obama's and the ones of Trump's inaugregation.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next