George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

November 2015 chit chat

+12
LornaDoone
melbert
Hebe
party animal - not!
it's me
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
Joanna
carolhathaway
Nicky80
annemarie
Katiedot
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 Empty Re: November 2015 chit chat

Post by it's me Sun 15 Nov 2015, 19:44

make ppl AWARE

so to make 
better integration
and 
attention to youngest, more fragile

it needs a lot of energy and money
but I think it's the only way

world became a little place
flights are cheaper and cheaper
and there are no more "borders"
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 15 Nov 2015, 19:44

Annemarie,
I think it's difficult on both sides.
For the immigrants it's the balance between integration and not forgetting their own culture and origins.
For the countries people immigrate to it's the fear of losing their identity and how the society changes.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 15 Nov 2015, 19:47

it's something we can't stop or change

we can only put all energy to make ppl know
and RESPECT
one another

and not forget "democracy" can't be exported like candies

fighting dictators is not enough

again it's important RESPECT for others and 
to know very well what happened in those countries
so to 
make prevention 
and respectfully help them to gain new stability

also it would be really smart to remember 
sometimes
that gaining money is NOT the only goal

Last edited by it's me on Sun 15 Nov 2015, 19:56; edited 1 time in total
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 15 Nov 2015, 19:49

Its me,
I think you can never be secure no matter what you do, if you just think about Anders Breivik in Norway a few years ago who killed many people and was just one person.
But immigration at least helps, it helps to protect young people from joining ISIS and also it helps us not to be afraid of changement.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 16 Nov 2015, 00:00

it's me - respect is a two way street and ISIS has NO respect for anyone.

And given the Paris attacks, I think borders will be going back up.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Nov 2015, 00:33

but it needs one to START TO
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 16 Nov 2015, 02:16

LorneDoone is right.  ISIS and other terrorists have no respect for human life.   They are beside the point.  

it's me I agree with you.  When it comes to immigration respect and tolerance are vital to our global society surviving and thriving.

In my country immigration is a big issue.  It's a polarizing issue between those who see our country as the Statue of Liberty .... open arms and embracing all.  Our country is based on the immigration of many cultures to our shores over the course of our history.  The other side keeps saying "we want our country back". They feel very strongly that the influx of so many foreigners to the U.S. is destroying America's culture and identify.  Which is ironic since America was built by foreigners who came to this country. 

We all have to deal with increasing immigration on a global level.  Our world is a true melting pot of cultures. We all need to find a way to tolerate, respect and include all law abiding immigrants to our countries.  It's a very idealistic view, I know. But change is inevitable.  We all need to find a way to accept it.

Geez this does read pretty sentimental and sappy.  Too idealistic for sure. But it's how I see things.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 16 Nov 2015, 03:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Nov 2015, 05:39

thanks
I totally agree

world shrink
we have no other way

and ppl need to remember that 
always
immigrants make job others don't want to

and in hypothetical erase of them

what would be need to be replaced?

how many taxes?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 16 Nov 2015, 06:37

Donnamarie and its me,
I couldn't agree more. We have to learn that we all live in ond world  and that our politics now WILL make a difference, maybe next year, maybe in 20 years and maybe in 200 years.
Many European countries occupied countries abroad hundreds of years ago. This lead to immigrations after years and years of sweating in Africa, America and Asia. I remember that Dutch friends of my grandparents talked about immigrants from the Moluccas in the 1970s and the problems the Netherlands had to deal with. I saw interviews with sport stars who said that they are just accepted because of what they do for the sports in their countries. Germany has a very selective school system and favors children with an academic backgrund to go to university...

We live in a global world, and when our political or economic leadersvdecide things it may influence the whole world. So we have to think global, and this means that we can't just think about the impact these decisions have for our country, we have to unify.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 16 Nov 2015, 13:19

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/man-describes-saddest-moment-after-6834933
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 16 Nov 2015, 14:09

It's me,
what a sad article!
I do understand that people especially in New York might be a bit paranoid when they hear something about 'muslim terrorists', they have every right to do that.
But there are about 1.2 billion muslims in the world. Should we put all of them under a general suspicion? Plus everyone who looks as if hs or his ancesters might have come from an arab country? Should we in Europe send refugees from Syria, Afghanistan and Iraq back to war and terror because one out of a million might be a terrorist? And what about those who don't wear a burka, hijab or don't look like they were from arabic origin? Maybe they should wear special signs to warn everybody? Something like... a star! That works! Ask us Germans! We tested this 75 years ago!

(If anybody hasn't understood what I tried to say: That's sarcasm!)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 11:57

Another very sad aspect of the Paris attacks:

More than 1,000 spectators who watched the football (soccer) match France vs. Germany in Paris where we first heard the explosions were guests of the French and the German governments. They live in the south of France and helped after the crash of the Germanwings airplane in spring - the suicide pilote who took 150 people with him.
People who live in the surrounding area of the crash helped to find the airplane, helped to find the black box and helped to recover the bodies. They also took care of the family members of the victims and let them stay at their homes. So more than 1,000 of them were invited by our governments to thank them - and they got into a nightmare again...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 13:27

What a horrible turn of events for those who reached out to victims in another tragedy.  That's so sad.  But thankfully no physical harm came to any of the spectators in the stadium that night.  Luckily those terrorists were not able to get into the stadium to cause more death.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 14:24

Yes Donnamarie,
we have to be glad about that!
Tonight the french team will play in London vs. the english team (Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland have their own teams), and our german team will play quite nearby my town (in Hanover) vs. the dutch team.
So we can only hope that nothing's going to happen there. But all the teams decided to play tonight because they don't want to be ruled by fear. The only match that is cancelled is Belgium vs. Spain, and that's because a few of the terrorists lived in Brussels and one of them is still missing. But football isn't the important issue tonight anyway, it's about standing together and showing solidarity with France - George's speech at the Golden Globes just came back to my mind...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Tue 17 Nov 2015, 14:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling - bloody tablet...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 14:31

Absolutely.  We should not lead by fear.  Unfortunately some of our state politicians are doubling down now and refusing to accept any Syrian refugees.  Just playing into what ISIS wants to achieve.  We are better than that.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 14:39

Donna,
yes I read about that. Poland has a new and very conservative government, and their new Secretary of State just said yesterday that all the refugees should stay in Syria and fight ISIS instead of hanging around in Berlin drinking coffee...
Nice, isn't it?
Have to go now, need to go to our public library with my kids!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 17 Nov 2015, 16:08

Donnamarie - In theory President Obama is right. Denying refuge to people fleeing persecution would surely violate the ideals we Americans claim to live by - but it certainly wouldn't be the first time we didn't live up to those ideals.

There was an immigration quota in place for many years - maybe there still is- I don't know. During WWII we put Japanese citizens in "camps" and denied entry to thousands of Jews because we were ruled by prejudice and fear. So, this isn't the first time we've reacted to a foreign crisis with isolationism in the name of self-defense.

I think people are arguing that their fear is more justified  now because of the actions of terrorists and the seeming inability of anyone to stop them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 19:00

Yep Lizzy prejudice and fear have always played a part of our history.  You are right about our past.  The U.S. struggles with what we as a nation stand for and how people really feel.  We have to constantly push back on those fears and prejudice.  Not easy I understand.  

The rationale that we can't let any Syrians in because a terrorist may slip in and our vetting process isn't adequate doesn't convince me.  How many ISIS sympathsizers are already here?  If there is a way for ISIS to communicate with newly endoctrinated followers (via the Internet) who is to say that a plot can't be developed stateside without any infiltration by suspicious immigrants coming in?  Scary thought but very feasible.  In the meantime we deny many, many legitimate refugees ... families who want nothing more than to have a warm place to sleep, food to eat and to start their lives over.  I think it is a chance I'm certainly willing to take.

I honestly worry more about our own citizens who because of mental illness or just plain hatefulness get a hold of a legal gun(s) and decide to go into a movie theater or onto a college campus and take out as many innocent people as he can. That is a fear that our country lives with everyday.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Nov 2015, 19:31

Just to say............https://instagram.com/p/-CvRmhhFJP/?taken-by=jean_jullien

Thinking of our French friends...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 17 Nov 2015, 19:34

http://www.jeanjullien.com/

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 19:49

The football match Germany vs. Netherlands was cancelled due to a bomb alert. Although there was security and police everywhere it was said that there was a bomb in the stadium (there was a bomb warning via phone but a concrete hint). My sister and her husband were already there to watch the match when it was said that they had to leave because the stadium had to be evacuated. A pop concert in Hanover was cancelled as well. 

So what happens next? What about any sporting event? Next week the christmas markets start everywhere, can we go there?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Nov 2015, 21:23

carolhathaway, it is scary but for me I go out and live my life.  Try to be aware of my surroundings but I won't let these people keep me from living my life.  They want us to be afraid, to cower.  Won't do it.  

Viva la France!  Thanks PAN for the link.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 17 Nov 2015, 21:39

Donna,
that's what I'm going to do as well. You just can't do it when events etc. are cancelled. In February the biggest carnival parade in Northern Germany was cancelled due to a bomb alert. Now this match is cancelled. When a concert is cancelled I can't go there. If christmas markets are cancelled I can't visit them.

Of course I can go to work, I can go shopping or go for a walk or a meal, can meet with friends etc.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 18 Nov 2015, 02:57

Can we make a separate thread for all this?  This is supposed to be chit chat and this topic should have it's own thread.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 20 Nov 2015, 10:14

November 2015 chit chat - Page 2 Image10
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 21 Nov 2015, 14:25

Just watched on youtube Charlie Sheen
saying hes HIV Positive.
He was blackmailed etc. He says hes
completely responsible for his drug and 
drink behavours.

Is it new news or old news ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Nov 2015, 15:46

Joanna,
he announced it at the beginning of this week. But there had been rumors for quite a while before...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 21 Nov 2015, 15:46

The story was about to break in the National Enquirer.  According to Sheen, he's had it a while and confided so to close friends.  Apparently, one of them sold him out.

He's had the disease for a while, but was forced to confirm it before the Nat'l Enquirer went to press.  There are those ( legitimate critics) who foretell this will end his career.

He did the interview with Matt Lauer... it's probably on-line if you want to hear it.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Nov 2015, 17:35

He has it for four years , the rumors started circulating that a big star was hiv about two weeks ago. From what I read it has been known for years in Hollywood he had it , it was talked about in leaked emails in 2014.

Now apparently he is claiming he told everyone he slept with a few are saying he didn't so they want to sue him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Nov 2015, 18:00

annemarie wrote:Now apparently he is claiming he told everyone he slept with a few are saying he didn't so they want to sue him.
Annemarie,
can you imagine that you would sleep with a man who tells you before that he's HIV - unless your HIV yourself? I can't, even when you use condoms there is still quite a risque with kissing etc. But maybe I'm wrong and others don't care that much (or Sheen didn't have sex since he's diagnozed).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Nov 2015, 18:02

Annemarie,
I just read what I posted. I don't want to get personal, and my last post sounded a bit like that. Sorry for that!
These just were my thoughts when I first heard that he said that.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Nov 2015, 18:43

Carolathaway, you and I know better I wouldn't go near him with a ten foot pole even before the hiv.
Recently a nurse came out and said she slept with  him with no protection. They dated for eight months she claims she was in love with him. She was given medicine by his doctor to help her avoid getting it. And even the doctor told her she shouldn't have sex without protection.

There are people who will do anything for money one chick slept with him got pregnant but luckily didn't get hiv.
I don't get it he is a train wreck but I guess his fame and money are worth risking their lives.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Nov 2015, 19:03

Well, I don't live as healthy as I should. I should donmore sports, should loose some weight and should eat healthier (in fact I just baked a lot of cookies for advent). But I think most of us say so. But to have sex with somebody who is hiv without protection is like... russian roulette maybe, that's the only comparison that just came to my mind.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 21 Nov 2015, 20:02

It's russian roulette and just plain stupid to risk your health and your life.

Let's be real here Charlie is a known drug addict loves porn stars and prostitutes why would any one with a brain let him near them let alone without protection.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 21 Nov 2015, 20:38

So he's on quite a few high-risk groups. It is always said that the number of people with hiv increased during the last years because people dismiss how dangerous hiv is. There's medicine whicb helps you to stay alive so you don't have to be cautious and don't protect anymore. But this is just nbelievably stupid: You can always infect others (just think about pregnant women), there's the danger of a mutation of the virus, and at least - if you think from the economic site - it costs a lot of money. So if you don't have a good health insurance you have to pay it on your own. And if you think about some african countries where a whole generation is deleted and people jzst die because they have no access to the medicine...
It's still a terminal disease!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 26 Nov 2015, 19:28

Quick change of subject. I just wanted to wish everyone (whether you celebrate it or not) a happy, peaceful Thanksgiving. Give Flowers  May your turkey be juicy, may your team win the game and may all your relatives get home in one piece!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Nov 2015, 20:09

Oh my
The last more than the others !!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:02

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody who's celebrating it!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:32

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 26 Nov 2015, 21:39

Happy thanksgiving

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 26 Nov 2015, 22:07

Lovely sentiments, Lizzy. and to all of you too!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 26 Nov 2015, 22:20

http://mic.com/articles/129193/what-is-a-mourning-moon-why-you-should-care-about-tonights-full-moon#.Azw2eizhC

What Is a Mourning Moon? Why You Should Care About Tonight's Full Moon

Happy thanksgiving !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:16

Hey there everyone! My, what a sombre thread. I guess November wasnt the happiest month of the year, was it?

Hope all those celebrating had a good thanksgiving (and found plenty to be thankful for - now more than ever).

Roll on December!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:00

More GEORGE will make me happy Smile

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Nov 2015, 11:01

Oh yeah, totally agreed!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 30 Nov 2015, 13:25

NOW I know where George it... Katie has him!!!!!  That's why she doesn't post as often. Razz Razz Razz Razz

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 30 Nov 2015, 17:50

Shhhh!

Damn you PigPen, without you meddling kids I'd've got away with it!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 01 Dec 2015, 16:26

Not if melbert had anything to say about it!!!!!!  LOLOLOLOLOL.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2