George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Ides of March - Page 12 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Ides of March

+45
davidarochelle
madsky
lovelylois
Cinderella
macs
Pari
hathaross
Ello
LornaDoone
sarah ali
pattygirl
MyGirlKylie
Natascha
NotAvailable
Clooney
lelacorb
sandwiches
Tigerina
fluffy
Lighterside
Casey
cindigirl
lolo"layla"
j
noodle
Admin
playfuldeb
laetval
bellybaby
bunny
Sabby
Atalante
ladydi
Dexterdidit
watching
Henway
blubelle
it's me
PigLove
Vi
Merlin
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
49 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Ides of March - Page 12 Empty Re: The Ides of March

Post by melbert Sat 16 Jul 2011, 16:07

Thanks Cindi! I had not seen this one.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 16 Jul 2011, 17:01

Been watching Ryan do interviews this week for the new film he is in CSIL or something like that, I'm gonna do something I haven't done in ages, go see a movie on opening weekend and a romantic comedy to boot! The last 15 years or so certain actors who do nothing but rom. com. have turned me off them. But young Ryan is bringing me out of my comfort zone! Can't wait for the IOM, I believe this young actor has range and he is good-looking-sexy-and charming.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 16 Jul 2011, 19:32

lucy wrote:Been watching Ryan do interviews this week for the new film he is in CSIL or something like that, I'm gonna do something I haven't done in ages, go see a movie on opening weekend and a romantic comedy to boot! The last 15 years or so certain actors who do nothing but rom. com. have turned me off them. But young Ryan is bringing me out of my comfort zone! Can't wait for the IOM, I believe this young actor has range and he is good-looking-sexy-and charming.
I watched the last half of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (sp?). Marisa T was on before I tuned in. Website said she was there for CSIL. Upcoming guests announced will be Ryan next week, but they didn't mention which night.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 17 Jul 2011, 04:13

Thanks sisieq, going to watch he reminds me of George when being interviewed, entertaining, funny, comfortable, not as handsome but almost!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Mon 18 Jul 2011, 15:56

lucy wrote:Been watching Ryan do interviews this week for the new film he is in CSIL or something like that, I'm gonna do something I haven't done in ages, go see a movie on opening weekend and a romantic comedy to boot! The last 15 years or so certain actors who do nothing but rom. com. have turned me off them. But young Ryan is bringing me out of my comfort zone! Can't wait for the IOM, I believe this young actor has range and he is good-looking-sexy-and charming.

I'll pay to see that movie just for the 'photoshopped' scene alone. I love me some Ryan.
sandwiches
sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 18 Jul 2011, 19:51

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Dressed simply in a white short-sleeved shirt, George Clooney, who immediately charmed the media by going out of his way to greet the press, was in Cancun for his movie, “The Ides of March” which he co-wrote with his 30-year writing partner Grant Heslov. George also directed, produced and starred in the movie, a political thriller that is based on the 2008 Beau Willimon Broadway play, “Farragut North,” which, on the other hand, is loosely based on the 2004 Democratic primary campaign of Howard Dean.

Since politicians usually need to compromise, we asked George if he is good at compromising or is it tough for him. “I even call it the George Clooney Way,” he said and laughed. “That’s where I make people sign a thing when they hang out. As a director, I’m flexible enough. I’m manipulative which all directors are. If you and I are doing a scene, you are acting the scene and I want you to do it this way. You want to do it that way. You’ll think we compromised. But I will have gotten what I needed out of the scene. There’s a dance that you do. And part of it is that you can’t be rigid. You can’t just go, ‘It’s this way!’ you have to be stubborn. I’m stubborn.”

“There is not a George Clooney Way,” he said. “Certainly not in life. I have a really good life. There have been lots of bumps and turns in the road. You have to sort of go, OK, well let’s go this way. You have to be able to do that or you don’t survive. Not so rigid. Not so tough in life.”

We told George that when we talked to Grant Heslov, he mentioned that when he writes it is very painful. But when George writes, the words just flow naturally. So we asked George what his secret was as a writer and when did he discover he was a good writer.

“I did sitcoms for years and when you’re on a sitcom, you’re constantly writing,” George replied. “As an actor, you’re writing. Part of your job is to fix scenes so you learn how to make things work more than make things funny. Because usually, sitcoms have joke writers and they’ll have all the jokes work. But the scenes don’t always work necessarily. So part of your job was just to figure out how to get from A to B and have it make sense. A lot of times, that was your job as an actor in the sitcom. So I learned about storytelling through that. It’s a good foundation.”

He added, “I keep a pad next to my bed. I wake up in the middle of the night all the time going, ‘Oh, I figured it out.’ It solves many problems for me. But Grant, trust me, it’s not painful for him. Grant and I have been writing together for almost 30 years now. It’s a fun process because I’ll get wildly out of hand with my ideas and Grant will go, ‘Really?’ And I go, ‘OK, you’re right. He’s more practical than I am. And that’s very helpful.”
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 20:16

“I even call it the George Clooney Way,” he said and laughed. “That’s where I make people sign a thing when they hang out.

He knows what people are saying... the contract relationship...
Hi there! Hello! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 18 Jul 2011, 20:21

His way or the highway - ya heard that didn't ya Eli?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 21:50

"I'm stubborn" DAH really George we would of never thought that!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Tue 19 Jul 2011, 00:18

Merlin wrote:
He added, “I keep a pad next to my bed. I wake up in the middle of the night all the time going, ‘Oh, I figured it out.’ It solves many problems for me. But Grant, trust me, it’s not painful for him. Grant and I have been writing together for almost 30 years now. It’s a fun process because I’ll get wildly out of hand with my ideas and Grant will go, ‘Really?’ And I go, ‘OK, you’re right. He’s more practical than I am. And that’s very helpful.”

This is the best part of the interview. That's exactly how I get most of my ideas.
There were times when I thought I was crazy or something was wrong with me and now I can truly say I have something in common with George.
Isn't that cool?
And if they should ever put me in a cell for having ideas in the middle of the night hopefully George will be in that cell, too!!!!
Love3

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Jul 2011, 01:06

That's awesome Natascha. When I used to write poetry, I would keep paper and a pen with me at all times, even near my bed. But It was exhausting for me. It seems like my brain never stopped. So, I stopped writing.

Keep it up Natascha! Smile Thumbs up!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 19 Jul 2011, 04:17

Natascha, one of my daughters would write poetry in the same way as you, only stop when you need to .
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:41

First official photo of THE IDES OF MARCH by George Clooney with Ryan Gosling
19-07-2011 - 07:36 - By Aurélien Allin

The new policy Clooney film director is paid a first official image from many photographs of paparazzi on the set. Owl.

With GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, he proved that in addition to the coffee lover the world's favorite, George Clooney was primarily a formidable director, a committed political consciousness (and intelligent). In short, this film had been one of our favorites in 2006, and during the previous decade. We are therefore delighted to see him return to the camera for another installment policy, THE IDES OF MARCH.

A project that we are talking very regularly, and whose lead actor Ryan Gosling. Recall the pitch for the road: during an election campaign, the young publicist (Gosling) a candidate (Clooney) sees his career jeopardized by the adventure of a night with a student (Evan Rachel Wood). The rest of the cast includes Marisa Tomei, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Jeffrey Wright.

The screenplay, co-written by Clooney and Grant Heslov, is based on a play, "Farragut North" (Beau Willimon). The film is due out on October 26 in France and in the meantime should begin his career in Venice. In the meantime, here is the first official shot of the film, which follows many images of filming, to see here , here , here and here .

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Jul 2011, 11:30

Same story from rope of silicon

Categorized: Kudos to You » Oscar News » Oscar Contenders »

First Look at Ryan Gosling in George Clooney's 'The Ides of March'

By: Brad Brevet

Published: Monday, July 18th 2011 at 8:57 PM

Ryan Gosling in The Ides of March

I listed it as one of my top tier Best Picture candidates in my Oscar update article earlier today and now we get our first look at the George Clooney-directed The Ides of March, which takes place during the frantic last days before a heavily contested Ohio presidential primary, when an up-and-coming campaign press secretary (Ryan Gosling) finds himself involved in a political scandal that threatens to upend his candidate's shot at the presidency.

The film is based on the play "Farragut North" by Beau Willimon and you can see a hint of the Barack Obama-esque posters for Clooney's presidential candidate character in the background of the picture above, a larger version of which was seen at Eonline some time ago.

Columbia is set to debut the film on October 7, but I am already hoping they unspool it in Toronto in September. Fingers crossed.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches Tue 19 Jul 2011, 19:17

They should! Ryan grew up around here.
sandwiches
sandwiches

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 20 Jul 2011, 01:53

It would be nice for the home town boy, can't wait to see this one have high expectations great cast, think Ryan does well in dramas, oh hell he does well in everything!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 20 Jul 2011, 05:43

George pranked Ryan on the set of Ides. Ryan mentioned it in an interview whilst promoting his current film. There is video at the link.

Actor Ryan Gosling sat down with "Extra" to talk about his new comedy, "Crazy, Stupid Love," but ended up describing how he was pranked by practical jokes master George Clooney on the set of their upcoming drama, "Ides of March." Gosling laughed, "He will come up to you and tell you something very serious, and then you walk away and you realize your pants are wet. He's had like an Evian spray bottle. He's been spraying your crotch the whole time."

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 25 Jul 2011, 14:18

The poster "the ides of
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 25 Jul 2011, 14:19

lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Mon 25 Jul 2011, 14:23

October, yea. Funny I heard George has a small part in it and the movie poster is saying it's his movie.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 25 Jul 2011, 14:25

lelacorb wrote:The poster "the ides of

Be careful!! It's NOT the official poster!!

My poster of 'The ides of march', the new Clooney Director

One of the most anticipated movies of the year. Open next Venice Film Festival. It has a star cast. And George Clooney directs, plus great actor who has proved an astute and very personal filmmaker. It's called The ides of march. And it goes on political communication.

This is my proposal the movie poster graphic. Do not confuse with the official poster, which is not out yet. I hope you like!
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Mon 25 Jul 2011, 15:10

I've showed my son (Roman I) the poster. He said: "Mama, google ' Obama Hope' - it's the same kind of poster, of shading."

you can find also funny posters of McCain 'Despair' or Palin 'President in waiting'
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 25 Jul 2011, 21:43

cindigirl wrote:October, yea. Funny I heard George has a small part in it and the movie poster is saying it's his movie.
"A George Clooney Picture" means that he's the director.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 25 Jul 2011, 21:48

Is this artical saying IOM is IN competition? If so, I don't think George ever had a movie IN competition. The rest of the article announces the other films. No mention of The Decendents.

As previously announced, George Clooney's political thriller "The Ides of March," from Sony, opens the fest in competish.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 22:12

@sisieq, ???????? who knows, what would he be in competition with, himself? That would have to be the Decendents.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 25 Jul 2011, 22:27

lucy wrote:@sisieq, ???????? who knows, what would he be in competition with, himself? That would have to be the Decendents.

LOL, no. Film Fests screen movies 2 different ways. Just to have a world premiere, which, I think, have always been for George's movies. Than they have the premieres that are "in competition" for that film fest prize (judges' award). I was wondering if anyone could figure out if IOM was going to be part of the competition against the other films by the way that sentence was worded.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 25 Jul 2011, 22:31

Thanks for the explanation, don't know all that much about the inner workings of FF, with the exception of the red carpet!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 02:35

So how will Clooney convince moviegoers he's coming down the political middle?

"You make a good movie, you make a good trailer," he says. "You make your best movie and hope people catch up with it."

This is a very good article. I only posted a portion because of copyright restrictions. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jul 2011, 02:56

Good one Cinderella! You're on fire tonight, finding good news! cheers Love3

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Tue 26 Jul 2011, 20:08

The Matrix [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 27 Jul 2011, 02:23

Thanks Atalante!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 27 Jul 2011, 08:37

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 08:38

Cheers Atalante, Gee looks mighty fine in that suite. Can't wait until the films out over here! he takes the statesman stance verrrry well!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 08:39

Laetval, how quirky!! But you can see the George half is waaaaayyy better than the other guy! who is he again!!!!!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:38

fluffy wrote:Laetval, how quirky!! But you can see the George half is waaaaayyy better than the other guy! who is he again!!!!!!!

Yeah Right

Ryan Gosling does nothing for me. LoL
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:58

I'm with you Mygirlkylie!! This other guy spoils the film!!!!!! (stand back and........!!!!!!!)
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 27 Jul 2011, 13:01

I like the poster, love both men in that one, it's a dream come true in one poster. I'd buy it and hang it on my bedroom ceiling, but my husband would probably say I'd crossed a line he doesn't want to live with! Thanks again sweetie pie!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 19:09

Cinderella wrote:
So how will Clooney convince moviegoers he's coming down the political middle?

"You make a good movie, you make a good trailer," he says. "You make your best movie and hope people catch up with it."

This is a very good article. I only posted a portion because of copyright restrictions. Enjoy!

Great photos! Thank you!
The one taken with Philip Seymour Hoffman was taken on my birthday Loud hailer

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 27 Jul 2011, 22:02

For anyone on the east coast, Ides of March is going to be featured on Entertainment Tonight, 7:30.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 27 Jul 2011, 22:06

hope for a vid!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 27 Jul 2011, 22:09

You can check on ET web page.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 22:12

cindigirl wrote:For anyone on the east coast, Ides of March is going to be featured on Entertainment Tonight, 7:30.

Thank you !!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 28 Jul 2011, 00:56

Just finished watching IOM video on Entertainment Tonight. Our Man looked mighty fine. Mighty fine! Looks like it should be a good one. Great cast should add to the mix and make it a fine film. Can't wait to see it.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Jul 2011, 01:20

pattygirl wrote:Just finished watching IOM video on Entertainment Tonight. Our Man looked mighty fine. Mighty fine! Looks like it should be a good one. Great cast should add to the mix and make it a fine film. Can't wait to see it.

Just saw it a half an hour ago!! It looks incredible! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Thu 28 Jul 2011, 02:21

I love the new poster for the film - it is HOT.

I cannot wait for this movie.
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Thu 28 Jul 2011, 06:02

this is an amazing poster , i loved the "time" touch.
WOOOOW , they have the same lip size Razz
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Thu 28 Jul 2011, 06:08

OMG , the trailer of the movie has just released!!! Shocked

sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Thu 28 Jul 2011, 06:12

Thank you for sharing, this is so great, I have to see this movie!!!!!!

Natascha

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 28 Jul 2011, 09:31

Great find! Thanks Sarah
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Thu 28 Jul 2011, 11:11