George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015

+21
Alisonfan
mel01
catwoman
lelacorb
Sevens
bgarabedian
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Katiedot
LornaDoone
LizzyNY
isogotit
amaretti
party animal - not!
kat19
Donnamarie
iamnoone
Hebe
Joanna
Nicky80
Silje
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:15

I think that's one of her go-to moves.

And if she put her hair up, no one would comment on her voluminous loose curls, or her gorgeous cascading locks, now would they?

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015 - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal having dinner in NY on 3 April 2015

Post by Donnamarie Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:18

Katiedot wrote:
isogotit wrote:Need to send her some hair clips so she can pin up her hair.  Everytime I see her she has her hands in her hair.  Pony tail or a braid, please.
 Oh my, you read my mind!  If she can't deal with her hair falling in her face all the time, put it up!  

Is it me or is George not looking the happiest in these pics?

I think Amal's habit of pushing her hair away from her face bothers some of  the posters here but not Amal.  It's what she does.  It's a habit.  We all have little habits that we do that half the time were not aware we are doing.

George doesn't look unhappy to me at all.  His expressions didn't seem much different from the night when the two of them left Tina Brown's place.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:22

Katiedot wrote: 

It isn't just you. He looks like a guy who's cold and tired and wants to go home. But he has to wait for his wife to stop posing for the cameras and flirting with the man at the door of the restaurant.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:25

Way2Old4Dis wrote:kat19, you don't 'know' me, or rather my board persona, so I'll just provide a shortcut for you so you don't feel the need to jump on every post you see as derogatory or "reaching" for something against Amal.

I say some things very seriously. Some things I say just to be funny. Other times, I'm just throwing shit out there -- because, you know, I'm capable of holding one mental position while voicing another. I'll continue to do that, and it would be super to do it without being reprimanded. I actually like the differences of opinion I read here, and I like to take unpopular stances once in a while. 

What I don't like is someone assigning motives to me, When I'm being malicious, you'll know it.

Oh you're so damn scary.  Rolling Eyes

Knowing someone's board persona is pretty easy to figure out. No I don't know YOU, but the persona displayed on this board is clear to anyone who reads the posts you make on the board. Just as you surmised that I feel the need to 'jump' on posts that deride Amal. It is just as easy to come to the conclusion that you feel the need to throw the worst case scenario about her and that you do not like her from your previous posts in any thread that is connected to her. This isn't rocket science, so don't bother hiding behind the 'you don't know me' argument. No I don't, but your board persona is another thing entirely. 

And you're perfectly open to not liking her and saying whatever you want. But don't expect to not be called out on it. As you said, you like to sometimes just "throw shit out there". Well that implies that you know there's no actual evidence to support whatever that shit is so your just saying it anyway. Fine. But then don't expect to not get called out on it. 

You implied she's dressing this way to emphasize the age gap between her and George. I replied that I thought that was a reach. I said it was assigning malicious intent to her dressing choices. Never said you were being malicious, so read what I write more carefully before jumping on me for having a counter-opinion to yours. Jesus.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:29

LizzyNY wrote:
Katiedot wrote: 

It isn't just you. He looks like a guy who's cold and tired and wants to go home. But he has to wait for his wife to stop posing for the cameras and flirting with the man at the door of the restaurant.

If you actually watch the clip of them exiting the building you'll see that she's not "posing" or flirting with the doorman. She actually moves pretty fast out and into the car. The still snapshots truly don't tell the whole story. It's just a few split seconds caught in a few photographs.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:32

Look, kat19, I'm not doing this, okay? It's not worth the time or effort. But you knock yourself out.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:37

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Look, kat19, I'm not doing this, okay? It's not worth the time or effort. But you knock yourself out.

It's not giving me any pleasure either okay. I'm not over here "knocking myself out" over this crap. So whatever, agree to disagree. We both made our points.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:38

Thank you ladies. And now, let's move on.

Any thoughts on George's hair? Anyone?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:40

It looks much better this way than when he uses his Dapper Dan pomade.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:43

I just like the fact that he has a beautiful head of hair and hasn't started to lose any of it yet.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:45

Katiedot wrote:Thank you ladies.  And now, let's move on.  

Any thoughts on George's hair? Anyone?

I'm actually not crazy about his hair at this length. I think he looks so much better and younger when it's shorter and more closely cropped to his head. Not a fan of the longer locks. 

Hoping it's just for Money Monster and that he chops it off after he's done filming the movie.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:46

There is that phony coy little smile of hers, like she is so surprised that the paps are there with their cameras, and wow she is loving it.  No George does not look happy, he also looks like he's not feeling well.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 05 Apr 2015, 04:57

George has to keep his hair the same length and style since he's still shooting Money Monster. I like it cropped better than the matinee idol look but it's still an awesome head of hair so I'm not gonna complain.

George does look tired but he has often had that look going back years. He has his dad's eye features. He gets dark circles and he gets a bit puffy under his eyes.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 05 Apr 2015, 05:02

Yeah, I think I mentioned the poofy hair in the Sascha Baron Cohen thread. I think he needs it long for the shoot, but doesn't really bother to style it on his own.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Apr 2015, 05:20

kat 19 - Do you even have a sense of humor? Sheesh! Lighten up! Not every comment is a judgement from on high - sometimes a joke is just a joke.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 05:32

LizzyNY - yes I do have a sense of humor, thanks for asking. And I just pointed out that the clip shows a different story, that's all. The 'jokes' here are usually veiled snark with yes, judgement pretty clearly stated in them. So whatever. I don't need to lighten up. But thanks for your concern.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sun 05 Apr 2015, 06:36

george almost looks frightened. not happy. she is the star of the team, and makes sure she looks great, short skirt and smiles so she can be photographed. george looks like an older man taking out his daughter and looks tired and weary. not happy in my opinion. he was happier in LA with sasha his good old friend and much more at ease. not here. he is like a traffic cop and just not enjoying himself. i hope he can find some peace of mind. bg

bgarabedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 05 Apr 2015, 06:52

bgarabedian wrote:george almost looks frightened. not happy. she is the star of the team, and makes sure she looks great, short skirt and smiles so she can be photographed. george looks like an older man taking out his daughter and looks tired and weary. not happy in my opinion. he was happier in LA with sasha his good old friend and much more at ease. not here. he is like a traffic cop and just not enjoying himself. i hope he can find some peace of mind. bg

I was thinking the same thing. He looked  happier and more relaxed with Sasha.

He never seem relaxed  when he is with Amal.

Last edited by Silje on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 06:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : font size)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 05 Apr 2015, 08:12

well do you remember the "bite hat" photo they gave away at wedding as a gift? they both seem very relaxed. also the first dating photos of them in London. In the cab, George seems relaxed when he's with Amal.
and he appears relaxed&happy when he&Amal enjoy vacations in Cabo, Africa and Como...
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 10:57

First of all I love George hair. I love it when his hair is longer makes me dream I can put my hand through his hair and ... lol!

And I also don't think that George looks unhappy. I think he is concerned because of all the paps in front of him. When he was out with Sacha Cohen in LA there were much less paps ( I guess) and the paps were far distance you don't see them in the parking lot. In NY they are right next to him. I think both situations are so different that we can not compare it.

As for the dress. Yes too short for me. Even though I would had legs like her I would not wear it short like this. My Dresses I have are above the knees so I like short but this is VERY short. But this is just me.

But I really don't care about her dress I prefer more George hair Love4 Love4 Love4 Love4  I would like to see him coming out of the shower or wake up in the morning. The hair must look funny hehe

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 05 Apr 2015, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Apr 2015, 11:04

Looks like George lost some weight. Dont you think???? The face looks skinnier.....( pic from Mel's link)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 05 Apr 2015, 13:09

The more I see photos of George and Amal more I see George relegated to a role that is not his, that of the old patron. I love George heartthrob, George sympathetic and witty, but the George joker seems to me that these roles he has lost. Not in a photo it seemed that this woman you love someone else if not herself
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Apr 2015, 16:29

George needs some neck firming serum.

just saying...
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 05 Apr 2015, 17:24

He looks handsome and manly . I would be happy to rub some face cream on his neck , you rub up up up . Amal probably does that for him . He he heeeeeee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:47

Every time I see Amal using incredibly short skirts showing super thin legs and being praised I don't understand anything. I don't know what is the standard of beauty in the USA but in my country beautiful legs are thick and shapely not two dry sticks. Here it would be cause for mockery
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by catwoman Sun 05 Apr 2015, 21:55

Silje wrote:
bgarabedian wrote: george quase parece assustado. infeliz. ela é a estrela do time, e garante que ela parece ótimo, saia curta e sorri para que ela possa ser fotografado. george se parece com um homem mais velho tirando sua filha e parece cansado e cansado. não é feliz na minha opinião. ele estava mais feliz em LA com sasha seu bom e velho amigo e muito mais à vontade. aqui não. ele é como um guarda de trânsito e não apenas se divertindo. Espero que ele possa encontrar alguma paz de espírito. bg

Eu estava pensando a mesma coisa. Ele parecia mais feliz e relaxado com Sasha. Ele nunca parece relaxado quando está com Amal.

I said the same thing in another post, George always seems bored next to Amal
catwoman
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 07 Apr 2015, 16:15

Katiedot wrote:
isogotit wrote:Need to send her some hair clips so she can pin up her hair.  Everytime I see her she has her hands in her hair.  Pony tail or a braid, please.
 Oh my, you read my mind!  If she can't deal with her hair falling in her face all the time, put it up!  

She got her hair set for dinner. Although it's a flattering style, i sometimes cringe seeing the lower part of her hair because of the hairspray in it to give those big waves. In fact I always thought the big hair Cindy C days kind of style was not done anymore.

Totally agree about the hairclip, or maybe just tie her hair up. But then she wouldn't be able to preen with hand in hair for paparazzi.

And no Katie, it's not just you. I'm actually sad for George, though of course he doesn't need mine or anyone else's pity when he's got the world in his hands. But that's just my instinctive feelings seeing these pics and the video.

P/S: I second every comment Pigpen made in this thread. Smile

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 07 Apr 2015, 17:59

Thanks Melbert for the article.  I so needed that laugh.  Esp liked the part about

Amal throws a “thanks for calling the paps for me, sweets”

That may not be far from the truth!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 07 Apr 2015, 18:20

We all see big change. 
Nicky80Looks like George lost some weight. Dont you think???? The face looks skinnier.....( pic from Mel's link)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

lelacorb wrote:lelacorbThe more I see photos of George and Amal more I see George relegated to a role that is not his, that of the old patron. I love George heartthrob, George sympathetic and witty, but the George joker seems to me that these roles he has lost. Not in a photo it seemed that this woman you love someone else if not herself

Who else? he regret someone ? Your thought he had connection but now regret. he took wrong road. I don't understand. is there other woman. woman trouble as always George!
?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 07 Apr 2015, 18:32

Katiedot wrote:

Could be just about anything.....
1. lousy meal
2. she did something to embarrass him ( ie: when she wasn't 100% attentive at the GG during film clips of hubby)
3. arguement
4. he's in a pissy mood.
5. tired,
etc etc and so on.....

But he's looking 54 and then some in these shots, esp the neck. Why isn't he using Cindy's miracle moisturizers that she advertises???

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 07 Apr 2015, 21:34

My goodness that picture above.

I worry...It is pain, awful, awful pain...I don't know what makes me feel this but I do deeply...I logged on for fun and mischief and found this...it so saddens me...
Pain in all it's unglamorous glory....without tablets constipation, bloat, foggy thinking, irritability, tiredness, insomnia (and all that f**** goes with that) bad skin, hair loss, sinus issues, bad breath, not recognising the face in the mirror, loss of self esteem, the list is endless...
Pain with tablets what the Doctors don't tell you, eventually exactly the same....with a side order of dependance at best, addiction at worst.

This picture hurts my heart.  Really hurts me to the core.

I suffered such pain many years ago, I was OMG so lucky to find a magnificent Doctor on my door step... I remember him saying "Pain is the easiest thing to forget, the most horrible thing to live with"....that was 20years ago....I never forgot, but am thankfully pain free...

He is having to work through it, turn in a performance lines perfect...My thoughts dumb as they are, are with him....

i can't post anymore tonight, I'm too upset...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:00

I have to say this Amal was not posing she She and George left the restaurant and walked to the car, it took all of half a minute if that.  I know because I have seen the video it was very quick. As for George if he didn't want to be there he would not have been there he may have been tired or not feeling well but he obviously wanted to take his wife out after being separated for a while. He also may have been annoyed by the paps they have a tendency to be annoying. I think everyone here is assuming things George is a grown man and he wanted to marry the woman he loves so he did. Every time George looks unhappy or some assume he is unhappy it is unfair to blame Amal. In the video George looked fine getting into the car.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Tue 07 Apr 2015, 22:14

I'm not blaming anyone, except a chair in a movie.  Not his wife WTF made you think that?
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 07 Apr 2015, 23:01

WWHS - I understand your concern. Chronic pain is a horror to live with physically and psychologically. If it makes you feel any better, consider that George has access to the best medical care and is surrounded by people who are very caring and protective .
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 07 Apr 2015, 23:18

WWHS I'm not  talking about your comment, I was just responding to some of the other comments here I'm sorry if you thought this was aimed at you.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 08 Apr 2015, 02:19

Geez everyone calm down.  This one picture is NOT a good pic of George. There are many more where he looks good.  Just fine.  The lighting and the closeup could attribute to the less than flattering shot of him.  He doesn't look in pain to me.  Nothing obvious.  Just not a good picture.  He is getting older. Face is starting to sag a bit.  But we've seen so many pictures while he's in NY and he looks so good.  I'm sure there are pictures of him looking just fine but he could be experiencing a bad headache or trouble with his back.  I certainly would not read all kinds of terrible thoughts into this one.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 04:30

annemarie wrote:I have to say this Amal was not posing she She and George left the restaurant and walked to the car, it took all of half a minute if that.  I know because I have seen the video it was very quick. As for George if he didn't want to be there he would not have been there he may have been tired or not feeling well but he obviously wanted to take his wife out after being separated for a while. He also may have been annoyed by the paps they have a tendency to be annoying. I think everyone here is assuming things George is a grown man and he wanted to marry the woman he loves so he did. Every time George looks unhappy or some assume he is unhappy it is unfair to blame Amal. In the video George looked fine getting into the car.

After being separated for awhile you'd think they would want to be alone instead of getting dressed and going out to dinner. It probably would have been nice to just relax and get caught up with each other in private. JMO

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 Apr 2015, 20:27

Yeah, it's not the best picture of George but everyone is going to have one occasion when they don't look incredible in a photo. Considering how many photographers there were that night, it says something that there was only the one "bad" shot.

Cece42 wrote:After being separated for awhile you'd think they would want to be alone instead of getting dressed and going out to dinner. It probably would have been nice to just relax and get caught up with each other in private.
Ok, but how do you know that that wasn't exactly what they'd been doing before they went out for dinner? For all we know, she could have been in New York days already.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2