George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster"

5 posters

Go down

Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" Empty Re: Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster"

Post by Sevens Wed 28 Jan 2015, 18:08

I’ve spoken to actors who say they work for free and they paid for the publicity.  I don’t know if that’s true for you, but a lot of people have said that.

O’CONNELL:  I heard that one for the first time last night from Jodi Foster.
What are you thinking about for the future?  Are you thinking about doing more U.K.  gigs over at home?  Are you thinking your next thing or two could be in America?
O’CONNELL:  Tricky, you know?  I haven’t really got that clear a futuristic outlook yet.  Only as far as my next job, which is Jodi Foster directing, Money Monster.  It’s a good fucking film by the looks of it, and it’s going to allow me to come back to New York and work over here for the beginning of next year. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Where do you from here?
JO: Jodie Foster is making a film called “Money Monster” and that’s with George Clooney. That’s all I can say about the film. I play a character name Kyle. I’m looking to do things more diverse and explore the range I can receive as actor.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" Empty Re: Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster"

Post by Sevens Wed 28 Jan 2015, 18:33

Here's the interview:
Jack O'Connell Interview - Unbroken, Angelina Jolie & Money Monster
Gosh it's too hard for me to recognize his British accent! 
 Someone help me understand his words please!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 30 Jan 2015, 02:18

'Outlander' Star Joining George Clooney, Julia Roberts in 'Money Monster' (Exclusive)

Caitriona Balfe, the star of the Starz TV show Outlander, is joining the high-profile cast of Money Monster, TriStar’s financial drama being directed by Jodie Foster.
George Clooney, Julia Roberts and Unbroken star Jack O’Connell are already starring in the drama, which is said to unfold in real time.
Clooney is set to star as Lee Gates, a bombastic television stock huckster, whose program — Money Monster — and life are taken hostage by an outraged gunman (O’Connell). As much of the world watches live, Gates must keep himself alive and, with help from the woman who produces the show (Roberts), uncover the truth behind a tangle of big-money lies.
Balfe will play the head of PR for the company whose stock bottomed, causing the life's savings of O’Connell’s character to be wiped out.

Alan DiFiore and Jim Kouf wrote the original draft of the script. Jamie Linden wrote the current draft.
Daniel Dubiecki and Lara Alameddine are producing through their Allegiance Theater shingle. Clooney and Grant Heslov are producing through their company, Smokehouse Pictures.
On Outlander, Balfe plays a woman torn between two different time periods and two vastly different men. The show is a fan-favorite hit, as is Balfe, and it's already been renewed for a second season.
Featurewise, she has appeared in Escape Plan, the Sylvester Stallone-Arnold Schwarzenegger action movie, and Now You See Me. She made her feature debut in J.J. AbramsSuper 8.
She is repped by WME, Industry Entertainment and Emptage Hallett in the U.K.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 30 Jan 2015, 06:33; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" Empty temp do not post

Post by Donnamarie Fri 30 Jan 2015, 03:58

Thanks Sevens for posting some background on Jack O'Connell. I'm not British so I can't help very much on his accent. Tho it does sound like a cockney accent to me. His accent reminds me of Michael Caine who had a cockney accent. It originated with the working class who lived outside of London I think.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster" Empty Jack O’Connell's interviews on "Money Monster"

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I'll only post the parts about "Money Monster", and the FULL article here:
For O’Connell, who will be seen next in the period drama Tulip Fever, due early next year, the most conspicuous case in point is Money Monster, a drama with echoes of Network and Dog Day Afternoon. Currently scheduled to start production in February, the film has George Clooney and Julia Roberts attached to star, and Jodie Foster slated to direct. Perhaps most impressive — and confirmation of O’Connell’s industry status, post-Unbroken — he did not have to audition for his role as an unstable man who takes the host of a financial TV show hostage on the air.

How do you go about determining what the right roles are?
That’s hugely based on content in terms of script — what the character will allow for, and hopefully, what the partnership with the director will allow for. These are the kinds of things that we can foresee and make early estimates on. You can never be 100 percent. There’s always a gambling nature to it, so… But yeah, I’m fairly certain that I’m moving forward with Jodie Foster on Money Monster, alongside George Clooney, for example, it’s perhaps a good indication. Early indications are good, basically. See, that’s the kind of basis we try to go off, but it’s job-dependent, you know? Hopefully, I’ll be able to get involved in low-budget British filmmaking some time soon.

But the role you’re portraying in Money Monster is another deranged character. Why take this particular film now, when you’re trying not to be typecast?
I believe in his motives and the distinction that he’s present-day and he’s a New Yorker. So there are challenges with the role that I will welcome. It’s perhaps not the biggest departure, you’re right, but I’ve only just arrived with Unbroken, and it seems to make sense. I have to work with what is available, too. I’m looking forward to next year, and the year as a whole should help in defining me some more.

The opportunity to work with Jodie Foster, George Clooney and Julia Roberts is not a bad reason to say “yes.”
Oh, yeah, and the script’s magnificent. It’s awesome writing. I don’t know the screenwriters’ work prior to it, but I feel really grateful for it being brought to my attention, and these will help the decision-making process along, creatively. Alan DiFiore and Jim Kouf [are the writers]. I should be keeping an eye out for their work.

Will you take a vacation next?
If I’m lucky enough, yeah. It’s Christmas, which I’m excited about. It’s at home, and I’m spending it with my nanna and my mom in London. So I’m very excited by that. Just dossing [i.e., sleeping] and putting on loads of weight. Then it’ll be time to get back on it. I’m really keen to get back on set. I’ve been promoting this movie for a few months. I’m feeling a little bit jaded. This period is cool, too. I shouldn’t complain too much. I’m mainly watching films for references to prepare for my next character.

Last edited by Sevens on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:25; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:22

The previous ones, thanks pan:
"Thank you, Katie.

Here's a piece from Jack O'Connell's local paper in Derbyshire

I’ve spoken to actors who say they work for free and they paid for the publicity. I don’t know if that’s true for you, but a lot of people have said that.

O’CONNELL: I heard that one for the first time last night from Jodi Foster.
What are you thinking about for the future? Are you thinking about doing more U.K. gigs over at home? Are you thinking your next thing or two could be in America?
O’CONNELL: Tricky, you know? I haven’t really got that clear a futuristic outlook yet. Only as far as my next job, which is Jodi Foster directing, Money Monster. It’s a good fucking film by the looks of it, and it’s going to allow me to come back to New York and work over here for the beginning of next year.

Where do you from here?
JO: Jodie Foster is making a film called “Money Monster” and that’s with George Clooney. That’s all I can say about the film. I play a character name Kyle. I’m looking to do things more diverse and explore the range I can receive as actor.

Jack O’Connell :Then you have after that, yeah next jobs in February. I’m in a thing called MONEY MONSTER with Jodie Foster directing me.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:40

Script landed on the 2014 Blacklist, so that's encouraging...

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 02:41

I just finished reading the script. I liked it (laughed quite a bit in some parts). I could definitely see Julia taking the role of Nancy though it concerns me that she disappears for a bit in the third act and the character is somewhat thinly written (that often changes once Julia signs on to a project though). It's an ensemble piece but definitely would be the Clooney and O' Connell show. There are three more significant roles that I'm interested in finding out who they cast. One is a woman in her 30's and the other two are men (one in his late 20's and one in his mid-40's).
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 09 Feb 2015, 04:22

Sevens, what is a Blacklist?  How are you able to get a hold of the script?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 05:16

Sorry Donnamarie I just post someone else's quote.
Blacklist is a list of unproduced scripts voted by the insiders in the industry.
Most of them turn out to be great films.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 09 Feb 2015, 13:34

Another piece - interesting outlet:

“Unbroken” star Jack O'Connell to topline Jodie Foster's “Money Monster”
Jack O'Connell will star in Jodie Foster's new film Money Monster, Digital Spy reports.
The Unbroken actor, who won the EE Rising Star award at last night's BAFTAs, said that he couldn't pass up the opportunity to star alongside George Clooney despite the "risk" of being typecast.
Speaking to Digital Spy and other press after his win last night, O'Connell said: "I might have done myself a bit of injustice in the next role because he's an angry youngster again.
"But saying that it is New York, it is modern day, and it's opposite George Clooney - so I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity at the risk of seeming like a one-trick pony."
O'Connell had previously been rumoured for the role in the film, which is also reported to have Julia Roberts attached.
Money Monster will centre around bombastic TV personality Lee Gates (Clooney) who offers money advice on his hit show, while O'Connell will portray Kyle Budwell - a struggling worker who hatches a kidnap plot to take Gates hostage live on air.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 14:18; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 14:36

Sevens wrote:The previous ones, thanks pan:
"Thank you, Katie.

Here's a piece from Jack O'Connell's local paper in Derbyshire

I’ve spoken to actors who say they work for free and they paid for the publicity.  I don’t know if that’s true for you, but a lot of people have said that.

O’CONNELL:  I heard that one for the first time last night from Jodi Foster.
What are you thinking about for the future?  Are you thinking about doing more U.K.  gigs over at home?  Are you thinking your next thing or two could be in America?
O’CONNELL:  Tricky, you know?  I haven’t really got that clear a futuristic outlook yet.  Only as far as my next job, which is Jodi Foster directing, Money Monster.  It’s a good fucking film by the looks of it, and it’s going to allow me to come back to New York and work over here for the beginning of next year.

Where do you from here?

Jack O’Connell :Then you have after that, yeah next jobs in February. I’m in a thing called MONEY MONSTER with Jodie Foster directing me.

Sevens, the exact same post/Interview we have already in this thread

Can we please post new stuff here ( new Interview  from Jack O'connell) and not the old once twice? For others who read it may get confused if it's old or new. thank you
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 09 Feb 2015, 14:50

Sorry Nicky I have confused myself a bit. Maybe you could just delete the old stuff here.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 15:14

Not to worry. I moved the older post to this thread so it is all in one thread.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Feb 2015, 17:31

Jack O'Connell won a Bafta for rising star.
This is the section covering the nominations
and Jack's acceptance speech.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Feb 2015, 18:08

Thanks Joanna.  So I think it was Sevens who asked me a week ago where O'Connell's accent originates from.   I thought it sounded cockney.  Is it?

O'Connell is lucky to be filming his next project with George.  They will probably have many scenes together. And I suspect O'Connell will learn much from our seasoned George.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 10 Feb 2015, 18:58

Donnamarie wrote:Thanks Joanna.  So I think it was Sevens who asked me a week ago where O'Connell's accent originates from.   I thought it sounded cockney.  Is it?

O'Connell is lucky to be filming his next project with George.  They will probably have many scenes together. And I suspect O'Connell will learn much from our seasoned George.
  No it's not a London Cockney accent.
He's from Derbyshire, which is between the Midlands area 
and the Northern Area of England.
He sounds a real character.
On the red carpet he was asked if it was true that he wanted to 
take George to see his local football team, Derby. He said no, but if
George wanted to go the he'd take him. 
But he wouldn't "jump up his bum" to make him go.   lol!

( I bet George would be pleased to hear it)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 10 Feb 2015, 20:31

Good to know Joanna.  Shows your how much I know.  Yea, he seems like quite a character.  Seems like he has a good sense of humor and likes to have a good time.  Think he and George will get along just fine.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 11 Feb 2015, 00:51

Sorry in advance for off topic...
But I couldn't resist posting this....

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 11 Feb 2015, 02:52

Joanna

Oh my.  

Nice ass!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 11 Feb 2015, 18:51

Yes Donnamarie !
I loved Dame Judy's comment 
"You didn't show me that"

I'm looking forward to seeing him 
in Unbroken....has anyone seen it ?
I also look forward to Money Monster.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 11 Feb 2015, 21:46

Joanna wrote:Yes Donnamarie !
I loved Dame Judy's comment 
"You didn't show me that"

I'm looking forward to seeing him 
in Unbroken....has anyone seen it ?
I also look forward to Money Monster.

I think LorneDoone saw Unbroken if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, can't wait for Money Monster.  It's been too long since Monuments Men.  I need a George heavy movie!!!!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 12 Feb 2015, 03:48

Donnamarie TOMORROWLAND should be your choice.
May 22nd is not that far away.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 25 Feb 2015, 08:23

Having completed filming Justin Chadwick’s Tulip Fever alongside Christoph Waltz, the former Skins actor has started working on Jodie Foster’s Money Monster, where he will co-star with George Clooney and Julia Roberts.

“I’ve met Jodie twice now and she’s very in-tune”, said O’Connell, who won the part during a Skype audition with the director. “It’s a brilliant script, very amusing. I’m looking forward to it because there is a lot of dialogue involved, less cartwheels and dodging bullets.”
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 25 Feb 2015, 08:35

NEW SPEAKER:  On a much lighter note, are you going to get George Clooney down to Derby County?

A.  There has been a lot made of this. I don't remember ever saying that.  But no, he doesn't have to. He wouldn't be missing out on much if he didn't.
NEW SPEAKER: I know you have talked to him.

A.  Yes.  I don't know.  Can he play football?  He would be useless then, wouldn't he?

Q.  I think he could do everything. 

NEW SPEAKER:  Yes. You said you wouldn't like to be typecast.  I wondered what sort of roles you are looking for next.

A.  Okay.  So I might have done myself a bit of an injustice in the next role, because he is an angry youngster again.  But by saying that, it is New York and he is New York and it is modern day and it's opposite George Clooney, so I wasn't going to pass up that opportunity. And I at the risk of seeming like a one trick pony. 
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down