George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

+20
hm21
Joanna
fava
Picachu
it's me
Katiedot
The next mrs clooney
party animal - not!
annemarie
Doug Ross
PigPen
Donnamarie
Sevens
melbert
fridadereval
theminis
Missa
hathaross
Nicky80
Silje
24 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Sep 2014, 18:47

Hello UK is often out on a Tuesday.

But I will laugh if Hello have got a deal. It's owned by Rupert Murdoch! And Our Hero is producing and directing the film Hack Attack about the Mr Murdoch's exploits...........which will not be very flattering..! What a hoot!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

Post by Donnamarie Mon 29 Sep 2014, 18:50

Isn't Hello a pretty gossipy tabloid without a good reputation? Why would Clooney make a deal with them? And that would be a hilarious if it's true. Ood actually
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 29 Sep 2014, 19:03

If the photo are sold to People often hello get the exclusive too.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 29 Sep 2014, 22:47

Somebody mentioned that article but i don't remember who and where. Sorry

Bono on the Clooney Wedding: 'Very Emotional and Lovely'

The party's still not over.

Leaving Venice on Monday morning, Bono, one of the celebrated guests at the weekend wedding of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin, joked to PEOPLE: "Wedding? What wedding? I was at a bar mitzvah."

As for how he enjoyed himself, the U2 frontman said, "The party was great. It's still going on ... in some people's minds."

And the wedding ceremony itself? "It was very emotional and lovely," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 29 Sep 2014, 22:57

I don't why, but I think that all the guests were crying during the ceremony.
I can see the boys look at each other and cry for joy and incredulity.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 29 Sep 2014, 23:19

?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 00:00

It's me, for all the details that are emerged, it seem to me a very emotional day, like bono said. 
And I things the boys and their families was very happy for the wedding, they (boys) couldn't believe that He finally got married.

Last edited by Doug Ross on Tue 30 Sep 2014, 00:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrong word)

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 02:20

Here’s a quick update:

Everyone’s thinking VOGUE because Anna Wintour was there but it’s looking like PEOPLE and HELLO! are publishing the Amal Alamuddin-George Clooney wedding photos, just like it was with Brange. One source told me that VOGUE simply couldn’t pay that much money and that only a PEOPLE/HELLO! joint bid would both satisfy the financial requirement (to be donated) and also the “nice reporting/nice gossip” demands. A respected celebrity-friendly photo agency was apparently brokering the deal.

VOGUE however might get some arty shots of her getting ready and more details about the design construction etc in a beautiful editorial layout but for quick first release hot off the event, I’m told by three independent sources now that it’ll likely be PEOPLE and HELLO! and possibly as early as tomorrow.

Will keep you posted if I hear anything else.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 04:48

Thanks Sevens. You have good connections. So hopefully we all don't have to be so patient. Can't wait .
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Tue 30 Sep 2014, 05:19

NEWS/ Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's $4.6 Million Wedding
by Sara Kitnick and BRUNA NESSIF Today 5:59 PM PDT

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin, Clooney Wedding
PIERRE TEYSSOT/AFP/Getty Images
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding extravaganza cost a pretty penny!
Of course, it was probably expected that the A-list pair were going to drop some serious moolah on their lavish and luxurious nuptials, but the dollar amount for their special day might even be more than you imagined.
E! News has learned that the Hollywood star and his ladylove's Italian ceremony and the festivities leading up to it could add up to a grand total of nearly $4.6 million!
Let's break it down for you:
RELATED: George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin are married
Hotel Stay: The bulk of the money goes toward the rooms for guests and the bride and groom. Hotel rooms at Cipriani varied between the Palladio Suite, which costs slightly more than $9,000 per night, and the Dogaressa Suite, which costs close to $8,000 per night. So three nights in the Palladio Suite would total around $31,000, while the same amount of nights in the Dogaressa is just short of $26,000.

Now take into consideration that roughly 95 rooms were being used at Ciprani, so with the above rates, the grand total comes to almost $3 million—just for the hotel!

Meanwhile, those who stayed at The Aman Hotel could have spent up to $4,650 per night.
PHOTOS: Check out these pics of George Clooney's famous wedding guests!
The Big Night: Renting out The Aman for the wedding reception typically costs $250,000. The lighting, table rentals and other production rentals for the party total up to $300,000. Their five-course Italian style dinner on Saturday with Chef Riccardo de Pra cost around $300 per person, and with 100 guests, dinner came to a grand total of $30,000.
As for the flowers by Munaretto, a source tells E! News, "It depends on the final project, however Munaretto is quite expensive and for an excellent arrangement they will not take less than 200,000 euros or $250,000.
The Tux: Clooney's custom-made Giorgio Armani suit was over $5,000.
The Dress: Alamuddin's custom-made Alexander McQueen dress designed by Sarah Burton was a cool $380,000.
PHOTOS: Amal and George's road to engagement
Transportation: According to our insider, the boats cost "600 euros per boat for just two hours. As they had all of the boat drivers on standby for 3 days, literally day and night," their bill for the boats at $400 per hour for 72 hours would equal $36,500.
Beverages: There were 250 bottles of champagne at $200, which comes to a total of $50,000 for bubbly. Meanwhile, 200 bottles of Grey Goose equals $8,000 and while we know they party received the 600 bottles of Casamigos Tequila for free, it would have cost them $30,000.
Bachelor and Bachelorette Parties: The two lovebirds each hung out with their pals for a nice separate dinner the night before their special day. Clooney's bachelor party at Da Ivo restaurant with his seven buddies on Friday cost approximately $250 per person, not including alcohol, so the guys had a bill of roughly $1,750. As for Alamuddin and her 10 ladies, they got a bill of somewhere near $2,000.
Sunday Festivities: The newlyweds kept the party going on Sunday with lunch and dinner with their guests and loved ones at Cipriani, which came to a grand total of nearly $15,000, not including alcohol.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 30 Sep 2014, 05:47

Just a small quibble with the maths here: taking hourly rates and multiplying by 24 to get a daily rate is wrong. The boat people would have given them a different rate for the three full days' hire. Still not cheap but not quite as much as quoted here.

Likewise with the rooms - they've just multiplied the suite rate by three days. I don't think everyone was in a top-priced suite (hotels typically don't have more than one or two super top suites, then a handful of lower-priced (but still expensive) suites, then it's on to rooms). Again, the hotel would have given a good rate for three-full days of bookings.

I'm also not sure whether George, or even Amal for that matter, actually paid for the clothes being worn. We know Armani gives George suits and it's possible that Amal's clothes were also on loan. Although I'd like to think her wedding dress was bought, but maybe even that's just wishful thinking.

Where I think they underestimated is that they didn't include prices for private jets/helicopters and what not for all the guests. Prices for wedding reception, food and drink may also be understimated here.

All in all, around $5 million for the whole wedding seems to be a bit on the low side but maybe not far of the mark.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Tue 30 Sep 2014, 05:56

Wow my beautifull wedding dress cost me £500 pounds
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 12:21

Wow... that is a lot!! I thought maybe 3$ as much because of the hotels. The wedding, the place, the people.... everything worth it
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:27

Did I miss it among the many threads?  Who was best man?

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 16:41

Rande.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:02

party animal - not! wrote:Have we already got this?

This showed us the wedding dress yesterday.....by pan !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 30 Sep 2014, 19:18

No it didn't. there were no wedding Dress pic yesterday. Came only out today.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 30 Sep 2014, 21:34

So, George suit was on loan?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:03

I don't think any of the clothes were on loan. George would  never allow that. Armani may have given him the suit . Oscar is not giving away a dress that costs well over 20,000.The whole loan thing would be tacky I don't think George or Amals family would like that. I think George paid for everything his gift to Amal and her family.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 30 Sep 2014, 23:42

Have we got anything about the music for the evening?

Here is the band 'Nouvelle Vague' or Parade

And really delighted he asked Nora Sagal ('Have Yourself a Very Merry Christmas' in Monuments Men) to sing 'Always'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hm21 Wed 01 Oct 2014, 01:21

Great little tidbit with details of the couple from Peoples's Youtube channel. 

Apparently, Amal quit smoking cold turkey for George! Who knew?

Sorry, first time poster and have no idea how to embed a youtube link, hope I did it right. 

Just in case...video is titled 'Inside George and Amal's Wedding!"

Last edited by hm21 on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 01:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

hm21
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 01 Oct 2014, 01:36

Thank you, one of the comments i thought was very apt, "he was basking in her glow". All the publicity could be for one very good reason, he wanted to show her off, man in love and all that.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:53

Welcome hm21. Thanks for the video. Very interesting. So surprised to hear she was a smoker. There is so much we don't know about Amal and this relationship over the past year.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 01 Oct 2014, 03:08

Well George once smoked hard when he was young and his uncle's death impressed him to quit that.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 03:11

George also tried to get Elisabetta to quit. Not sure he succeeded with her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Oct 2014, 04:12

Doug Ross wrote:So, George suit was on loan?
I don't think so. I'm guessing that some of Amal's outfits may have been.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 01 Oct 2014, 06:00

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Wed 01 Oct 2014, 15:42

Was there even a best man, and is it mentioned in any of the post-wedding articles that Rande was the best man? If so, i wonder what his speech was about.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 01 Oct 2014, 15:54

As I was looking at the photo George and Amal gave their guests (and wondering if any of his ex-GF's had any such memento -- I doubt it), I thought back to a discussion we had here (it may even be a full thread) about George's out-of-character reversal on marriage and whether/why he had changed. And I think now that the answer is 'No, he didn't.' I really think that George's conviction to not marry again was actually "I don't ever want to go through a divorce again."

George is too generous, compassionate, kind, and loyal a person not to want the intimacy of a truly bonded relationship. I think Amal has that one specific unknowable thing that made him willing to take the risk.

Plus good timing. She definitely caught him at the right time in his life.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 16:04

Yes Way2old, I don't think he changed. I think he matured, evolved and Amal came at a time when he was open to taking a chance. I also think he saw her as a serious woman who he could not have a casual relationship with. Though there are those who would disagree I do think there was a huge attraction between them. And with the distance between them and her demanding job I do really think he thought this is my chance to have a serious relationship.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Oct 2014, 17:19

mel01 wrote: Was there even a best man, and is it mentioned in any of the post-wedding articles that Rande was the best man? If so, i wonder what his speech was about.

Karen Duffy's husband, John Lambros, was George's best man.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 01 Oct 2014, 17:24

I read that Rande sign the official documents of the wedding as best man.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Oct 2014, 17:27

Rande wasn't at the City Hall on Monday when they signed the documents.  Gio and the boat taxi guy were.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 01 Oct 2014, 17:37

I know, that's why the news about Rande sound strange, but the legal paper must be sign by their witnesses and there was no one at the city hall expect George and Amal. 

Sorry for the stupid question.
I just watched the video posted by hm21. What does it mean that there was a little swoon in the kiss?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Oct 2014, 19:13

swoon  (sw[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]n)
intr.v. swooned, swoon·ing, swoons
1. To faint.
2. To be overwhelmed by ecstatic joy.
n.
1. A fainting spell; syncope. See Synonyms at blackout.
2. A state of ecstasy or rapture.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 19:18

Doug Ross, I believe Gio and George's water taxi driver were the witnesses.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 01 Oct 2014, 19:28

Thanks to both Very Happy

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Oct 2014, 21:00

'nuff said...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 01 Oct 2014, 21:12

where does it come from?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Oct 2014, 21:21

Really. Melbert. Where did you get that from?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:02

I know where it came from. I added the link to that photo  because I liked it. I also started a thread about George's characters talking about love. The quote Mel used is Doug Ross in ER.

Last edited by Silje on Wed 01 Oct 2014, 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 01 Oct 2014, 23:09

oh my
right

the signaure carried me elsewhere
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Oct 2014, 00:28

Mel- That was dirty pool! I thought he was talking about her!  confused
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Oct 2014, 02:02

In the articles I read they didn't have a bridal party they had a flower girl and ring bearer They said the wedding was too small for a bridal party. I think it would have been hard for George to choose a best man from all his friends. The gentle man who made the speech has known George over 20 years.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 04 Oct 2014, 20:04

only cost 1.3m...
and George is a big dancer
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 04 Oct 2014, 21:34

Sevens wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
only cost 1.3m...
and George is a big dancer

George Clooney Is a 'Big Dancer,' Says Wedding Deejay

Well, it seems George Clooney can dance!

When Clooney and Amal Alamuddin said "I do" last weekend during their four-day wedding extravaganza in Venice, they also showed their guests a thing or two about the art of partying.

"They were dancing all night long," British deejay Sam Young tells PEOPLE.

"George is a big dancer! It was crazy!" says Young, adding: "He can really hold his own."

Having provided the tunes for much of the weekend (the wedding reception on Saturday and two events on Sunday), he says the guests "had a really fun time – especially on Saturday."

According to the 35-year-old London deejay, who has also played for Elton John and Justin Timberlake and is a favorite of both Prince William and Prince Harry, the music selection was "classic disco funk and soul" (at Clooney's request), and he played "everything from 'Rappers Delight' to Michael Jackson, Blondie to David Bowie – all the good classics."

And it turns out that Clooney is no stranger to the decks himself. "He told me that he was a deejay for 15 years – I think that must have been pre-acting."

After the wedding dinner and party at the Aman Canal Grande resort on Saturday evening, the guests had a break before the party kicked off again on Sunday afternoon at the Belmond Hotel Cipriani. "The brunch was fun, all the guests on the balconies were taking pictures, it was very chill," adds Young.

And at the final soiree, which took place at the historic Granaries of the Republic (next to the Cipriani) on Sunday evening, French cover band Parade started the night off before the deejay kicked off the tunes again.

Says Young: "It was a really cool weekend and a little surreal."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Wedding Cost About $1.6 Million: Source

True love may be priceless. But a gorgeous destination wedding in Venice, Italy, with fine food, top-shelf vino and multiple celebrations? Not so much.

At the end of the day, George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's three-day wedding weekend, including their intimate Sept. 27 ceremony at the Aman Canal Grande resort, cost about $1.6 million, or a million British pounds, PEOPLE has learned.

Speculative reports placing the price tag anywhere from $5 million to upwards of $13 million are erroneous, according to a source.

Additional reports claiming Alamuddin's family footed the bill for the wedding weekend – which included several fetes at the matrimonial home base, the Belmond Hotel Cipriani – are also inaccurate, PEOPLE has confirmed.

One place the couple did catch a break on the bill? The bar tab.

As a founder of Casamigos Tequila, Clooney and business partner and wedding guest Rande Gerber flew 100 cases of the brand's award-winning Blanco, Reposado and Añejo tequila from California to Italy for the wedding festivities.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 04 Oct 2014, 22:00

Silje wrote:I know where it came from. I added the link to that photo  because I liked it. I also started a thread about George's characters talking about love. The quote Mel used is Doug Ross in ER.

Well then the quote should be attributed to "Doug Ross" not George Clooney.  A little deceptive.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 04 Oct 2014, 23:32

melbert wrote:'nuff said...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
If this is truly a quote from ER and not George Clooney himself, then attributing it to him with this photo is disengeneous and not fair to members of the forum who will see it and think that George said it about Amal.

Yes he married her and he does have feelings for her but we don't know what they are. 

I think it would be best that we don't put words in his mouth in this manner.

It's one thing to make up scenarios that are obvious in their intention -- which is to be funny, it's not funny and it's not ethical to do this.  JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Oct 2014, 00:32

I didn't create the fucking picture with the quote on it.  It was already on a site and I copy/pasted it.  Geeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blame some fuckinbody else.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 05 Oct 2014, 03:21

melbert wrote:I didn't create the fucking picture with the quote on it.  It was already on a site and I copy/pasted it.  Geeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Blame some fuckinbody else.
Your "nuff said" implies you put it together.  Or at the very least believed it to be true.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next