George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland'

+4
Katiedot
Joanna
LizzyNY
Sevens
8 posters

Go down

Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' Empty Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland'

Post by Nicky80 Fri 19 Sep 2014, 22:16

Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland'

George Clooney leads the cast of the upcoming science-fiction adventure film, Tomorrowland. The Disney production, set for release in May 2015, casts the Oscar-winner as an inventor and former boy genius who befriends a science-minded teen in a whirlwind journey to uncover secrets of the otherworldly place known as "Tomorrowland." That place, according to the official movie synopsis, is somewhere in space and time, and somewhere in the main characters' collective memory. Sound a bit confusing? Well, the plot is still somewhat of a mystery even to another actor in the film, Tim McGraw.

"There's not much I can say about it because I read the script, I acted in the movie and I still don't understand it," the country singing actor tells Rolling Stone Country with a laugh. "It's a huge production; there's a lot going on. All the stuff I hear back, it's going to be spectacular. "
McGraw plays a father and a rocket scientist in the movie. ("Guess which one of those is a stretch," he jokes.) Tomorrowland is the country star's ninth feature film, following roles in such blockbusters as Country Strong, The Blind Side and Friday Night Lights.
"I get a lot [of scripts]; it's just finding the right thing for the right time," says McGraw. "It's got to be something that moves me. As an artist, you've got to have a visceral reaction. If you have to think about it, it's probably not the right thing."
The "Shotgun Rider" singer says his acting career presents a challenge he doesn't face in the music biz: staying in character and checking Tim McGraw at the door. But the two worlds share what he finds to be a hurdle these days: the lack of a private life for public figures.
"In this day and age, everybody knows everything about everybody, which I think is terrible because you don't have any mystique about anything, and that's why careers don't last as long," he says. "People say music isn't timeless anymore, well I don't think it's necessarily the music, I just think you know too much about the artist. So, when an actor is so good that you can know all that stuff about them and you still buy that character, still believe them every step of the way, that's something else. That's real art."
Directed by Brad Bird (Mission: Impossible — Ghost Protocol, The Incredibles), Tomorrowland also stars Britt Robertson, Hugh Laurie, Judy Greer and Kathryn Hahn.
"I got to work with some great people," says the husband of Faith Hill and father to three teenage daughters. "That ugly guy, George Clooney, that's who everybody at my house wants to talk about!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' Empty Re: Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland'

Post by Sevens Sat 20 Sep 2014, 02:31

"I can't say much about the script, but it’s a great story," McGraw says. "It's gonna be a really cool movie. I love the script."
So he loves it but don't understand the script?

Last edited by Sevens on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 02:38; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland' Empty Re: Tim McGraw Talks Character Building With Clooney in 'Tomorrowland'

Post by Sevens Sat 20 Sep 2014, 02:37

McGraw Dishes On New Movie
admin | November 10, 2013
When Tim McGraw isn’t making music or being a dad to three daughters, he likes to do movies. His recent films include “Country Strong” with Gwyneth Paltrow, and “The Blind Side” starring Sandra Bullock. Now he’s at work on a George Clooney movie called “Tomorrowland,” and he spoke with Country Countdown USA’s Lon Helton about the new film: “We’ve been working on this movie for the last couple of weeks. Shooting in Vancouver. It’s a great story. I can’t say too much about it, but I’m working with George Clooney and Hugh Laurie. For me, making a movie has to do with the story, and who I’m working with.”

When you make music, you get immediate feedback. With a movie, you’re sort of working blind. How do you handle those two different processes? “The toughest part with movies is the sit around and wait, because you spend a lot of time waiting. But for me what I enjoy is working with other actors, and filming the scene. You find yourself in that zone where you’re living in the moment, and when that happens, there’s nothing quite like it, you can feel the energy, it’s a cool experience.”

Do you have any scenes with George Clooney? I do, not many, we haven’t shot our scenes together yet. I’m a big fan of his. Not as big a fan as my wife is! But I’m a big fan. She’s not allowed to visit the set.”

When will you wrap on the movie? “In theory it wraps this year, and I’m told it’ll be released in 2014. I don’t know exactly when, but it’s an interesting script, interesting story, it’s got such a great heart to it, the way it’s driven, it’ll be a family movie, but hard to say without giving too much away. It’s interestingly done, from the perspective that it’s from, and the lessons it teaches are interesting.” Is this a different from what you’ve played before? “I don’t know if it’s totally different, but it’s a character that I’m getting to know and really like.”
Tim McGraw strikes a balance on the road
When things are calm at home and in between touring and recording, McGraw continues to read scripts for possible acting roles. Unfortunately, he says, he’s had to turn down some tempting projects simply because of scheduling conflicts, however he confirms that he will be appearing in the upcoming Disney science fiction film “Tomorrowland,” which is set for release in May 2015 and also stars George Clooney, Hugh Laurie and Judy Greer.
“I can’t really tell you much about it because it’s such a hush-hush project,” he says with a laugh. “They’ve threatened me with taking my first-born. All I can say is that it’s going to be a really, really big movie, it was a lot of fun to do and I get to play a rocket scientist.”
Though he daydreams about playing a James Bond or Jason Bourne-type character, McGraw says dramatic roles are his favorite to slip into.
“I guess I like leaning into the dark stuff,” he says. He reads a lot, which helps him prepare for roles, and since he’s been fortunate enough to work with some of Hollywood’s A-list, he’s had to zero in on sharpening his chops.
“When you’re doing something with someone who is better than you, you sort of rise up and get better,” he says. “That’s what I’ve found as I’ve worked with these Oscar-winning actors. Each time I’ve taken away something new and I’ve felt like I’ve learned something and sort of risen with the tide. With all the people I’ve been able to work with, it’s tough not to just to get lost in it sometimes and just have a lot of fun with it.”
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 20 Sep 2014, 15:28

He seems to choose his projects really well. Let's hope Tomorrowland is as good as they say and lives up to all the hype. If it does, it could be HUGE!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:06

Oh dear.....I've not heard of Tim McGraw !
I am SO out of it aren't I !

Glad his wife's a Clooney fan though. LOL
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 20 Sep 2014, 18:21

He was also Sandra Bullock's husband in The Blind Side for which she won her Oscar.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 20 Sep 2014, 23:56

Joanna wrote:Oh dear.....I've not heard of Tim McGraw !
I am SO out of it aren't I !

Glad his wife's a Clooney fan though. LOL

Tim McGraw is an absolutely luscious specimen of human maleness.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Sep 2014, 00:45

And, I wouldn't even make him take his hat off!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 21 Sep 2014, 13:01

Joanna - In case the other comments weren't exactly enlightening, Tim McGraw is a very popular country music singer who also acts. He is very talented, very good looking, and I believe he is still married to Faith Hill. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Sep 2014, 14:47

OK.....OK.......my interest is awakened then 
thanks ladies !  LOL

Can we have a nice picture of him to liven up 
this thread then please......pretty please ??

Words are not enough.  lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:04

Or maybe in a non-Clooney related thread? Thanks
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:06

Katiedot wrote:Or maybe in a non-Clooney related thread?  Thanks

Oops. Sorry.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Sep 2014, 15:50

Never be sorry for allowing me to slip out of my chair!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 18:18

affraid  oh dear what a body....Maybe George asked tim about some advise how to get a six pack.....Maybe that is what he meant under "character building" Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 21 Sep 2014, 23:10

Thanks w2oft...very colourful picture !
I'm sure George got some tips from Tim.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 22 Sep 2014, 01:02

Good God, just decided to check this thread and my heart is racing, in a good way of course - who knew he was hiding that under his cowboy shirts!  Thank you Way
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down