George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
 Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing...

+21
party animal - not!
Cece42
monaco
LornaDoone
Joanna
Doug Ross
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
PigPen
annemarie
Alisonfan
sparkie
The next mrs clooney
Mazy
fava
LizzyNY
Sevens
Picachu
theminis
Missa
Katiedot
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing...

Post by LizzyNY Fri 15 Aug 2014, 13:33

Sparkie - He isn't the one who turned all this into a circus - the media did. Everyone's speculating about the wedding (including us) because he's not talking. He's keeping it as private as he can .
 If he had snuck away and gotten married in secret, people would be pissed. If he splashed every detail all over the media people would call him  sell-out. He can't win. - IMO he's doing the best he can to walk a very fine line.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing... - Page 2 Empty Re: Amal Alamuddin "Very Happy" to Marry George Clooney, but She's "Worried" About One Thing...

Post by party animal - not! Fri 15 Aug 2014, 13:47

Cece, I think the 'circus' are the media.......they would like a private wedding ceremony (undoubtedly elegant) and the world will know after the event.

I rather suspect we will see many separate parties on the lake/at Villa D'Este after the wedding, but not sure that they'll have a big bunfight on the day.........

Several events in September in or near Como/Venice to think about...........Italian Grand Prix at Monza, EU Finance Ministers at D'Este (I think), Milan Fashion Week and Venice Film Festival. Mmm.

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 15 Aug 2014, 13:56

Well Ferrari has no hope this season yet again... doubt how could Tifosi bear this any longer... though I haven't catched up many races this year... all eyes would be on the war between Lewis and Nico.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Aug 2014, 18:02

sparkie wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:I doubt George would finally commit to marriage and then turn the ceremony into something garish.
He already has Rolling Eyes
We don't know yet what the ceremony is going to be like. We can guess - based on possibly incorrect media reports we've read - but we can't say for certain.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 16 Aug 2014, 02:11

If she cared that much about people finding out the date, they would have had a very private celebration and announced it after the fact. No People Magazine spread, no enormous, very obvious engagement ring, no announcement by her employer. To me, the circus has already come to town.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 16 Aug 2014, 02:56

premiere wrote:If she cared that much about people finding out the date, they would have had a very private celebration and announced it after the fact. No People Magazine spread, no enormous, very obvious engagement ring, no announcement by her employer. To me, the circus has already come to town.
Thank you premiere, finally someone who understands what I have been saying.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie Sat 16 Aug 2014, 08:56

Cece42 wrote:
premiere wrote:If she cared that much about people finding out the date, they would have had a very private celebration and announced it after the fact. No People Magazine spread, no enormous, very obvious engagement ring, no announcement by her employer. To me, the circus has already come to town.
Thank you premiere, finally someone who understands what I have been saying.
Ditto.
sparkie
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 16 Aug 2014, 14:22

Yeah Right  10 out of 10

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:32

I haven't been commenting because I got so disillusioned with him.  But I have been reading occasionally.  Thanks for putting into words how I feel about this whole situation Premiere....

For all who say he likes his privacy and people should leave him alone....then he shouldn't have sold his soul to tabloids for whatever reason.  He should have gone off quietly to get married and shown up on a red carpet having been married for months....that is privacy.  The fact that so many of the photos have him looking directly into the camera says a lot....going back to just reading when I get a chance only because of habit....and because I do like so many of the people here.  Be Well....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:37

We need your input, SG!

I think there may be as yet unknown reasons for all the visibilty.....we'll see. And for some it's not enough!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:48

party animal - not! wrote:We need your input, SG!

I think there may be as yet unknown reasons for all the visibilty.....we'll see. And for some it's not enough!
Perhaps he is fighting to stay relevant.  To him that may mean staying somewhat in the public eye.  Look how fast actors like Harrison Ford and Kevin Costner faded around the same age.....

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 16 Aug 2014, 15:51

Not enough?  HA HA HA HA.  

Have a funny feeling (no, I don't need Rolaids ant-acid!!).  Jet plane out of town.. stealth hiding again.. hmmmmmmmmm???  Not saying it's necessarily the wedding, but there is mischief afoot.  Any one else getting these vibes?

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 16 Aug 2014, 16:01

I think more publicity is good for everyone, as the engagement has been so shocking for most people, if they get married secretly before we even can confirm he has this girlfriend...half of the world would question the authenticity of the marriage and more crap would be written on the tabloids.
I think they're controling the information in a way they want. Pravicy or not, they couldn't put on an invisible cloak and give up the chance of spending the summer in Como together. Why should they? Looking directly in the camera says what?IMO the fact he is enjoying his summer at Como as usual says it all: pravicy isn't a problem for him there.
Look if they want some pravicy they've got a private jet and who knows where they are now. And we still can't confirm when or where they'll wed. That's privacy.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Aug 2014, 16:13

I think they have a real dilemma. They're torn between wanting the privacy and the 'Guess what? We're getting married!' feeling. It strikes me it's been like that from the beginning...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Aug 2014, 16:28

Some will NEVER be happy.  We cry when we have no news or no new pictures.  We bellyache when he wants to be "private" because he OWES us.  THEN, we get pics and/or news and some amp up the pissing and moaning and bellyaching because it's ALL STAGED.  Give me a fucking break.  Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Over the years I've become accustomed to George's disappearing acts and then flooding every avenue available.  Which do I prefer?  The flooding - hell yes!  Does he manipulate the media?  IMHAO, yes.  He uses them to his benefit (mostly).

This relationship has its differences, but the similarities to the other g/f of... is quite disturbing to me.  However, I don't know Amal, so who am I to judge her?  If this is meant to be, so be it. 

We should be happy to get what get, as he does have the power to shut it all down.  How many A+ actors/actresses are there of which we know NOTHING of their private lives?  At least George allows us a glimpse into his life.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Aug 2014, 16:49

melbert wrote:Some will NEVER be happy.  We cry when we have no news or no new pictures.  We bellyache when he wants to be "private" because he OWES us.  THEN, we get pics and/or news and some amp up the pissing and moaning and bellyaching because it's ALL STAGED.  Give me a fucking break.  Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Over the years I've become accustomed to George's disappearing acts and then flooding every avenue available.  Which do I prefer?  The flooding - hell yes!  Does he manipulate the media?  IMHAO, yes.  He uses them to his benefit (mostly).

This relationship has its differences, but the similarities to the other g/f of... is quite disturbing to me.  However, I don't know Amal, so who am I to judge her?  If this is meant to be, so be it. 

We should be happy to get what get, as he does have the power to shut it all down.  How many A+ actors/actresses are there of which we know NOTHING of their private lives?  At least George allows us a glimpse into his life.

It's good to have those glimpses into his life too IMO.
Last year we saw a lot of him at work while making Monuments Men.
I personally enjoyed seeing him at work and could pick up the happy
vibes being created by the MM team along the way. Those happy vibes were 
confirmed later by the press conferences, appearances on chat shows etc.

Now he's obviously being having some serious "me time" and occasionally
we're getting glimpses of that too. I for one am very happy for him
and can't see why some folk are unhappy about him sharing his good news
about his impending marriage. 

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 16 Aug 2014, 20:51

melbert wrote:Some will NEVER be happy.  We cry when we have no news or no new pictures.  We bellyache when he wants to be "private" because he OWES us.  THEN, we get pics and/or news and some amp up the pissing and moaning and bellyaching because it's ALL STAGED.  Give me a fucking break.  Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too. 

Bravo, melly!  Well spoken & I echo your sentiment (& like you, SG, I've only been lurking for awhile, refraining from comment.)
I, for one, enjoy all the press coverage & (for the most part) have learned to detect the sensationalistic hype & ignore it.  I hope he "sells out to the media" as some judge him to be,  in that I would like to see what his wedding is like.  I want the scoop, the pics, the details!   He's lived the last couple decades in the celebrity fishbowl.  Why should this watershed event, which marks a major redirection in his image, be any less public?
So folks, IMO, it is what it is. We can't change or know George's mind on this.  It's to be expected that the tabloids would exploit it.  Let's just enjoy the ride.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Aug 2014, 21:12

L A K I N  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How are you girlfriend??????????????????
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 16 Aug 2014, 22:04

I enjoy the pictures and info about his life.  But I do wish he had done what Matt Damon had done, married her quietly and just released a statement.

But one has to also take a look at the bride.  I'm of a mind that SHE is the one that wants the big wedding.  She's never been married,  I think culturally weddings are a big deal and who wouldn't want to walk down the aisle in a designer dress when she's marrying the "fantasy man" of so many women in the world!

Might just be her not so subtle way to tell us all to back the fuck off once they're married! HA!

JMO
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 16 Aug 2014, 22:19

Silly Girl and now Lakin???!!! Yay!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Aug 2014, 22:28

Hi Lakin......good to hear from you again....don't leave 
it so long next time !    Hello!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 17 Aug 2014, 10:40

So far he really isn't doing anything he hasn't done before.  We've seen the same dinner pics and boating pics  with other girlfriends.  He's always controlled the paps and allowed them shots at times he wants them.  The only thing that is different is his people magazine release of the engagement etc.  But once again its just his way of controlling things like he usually does.  Maybe he is so happy to have finally met the right one that he wants to share ti with the world but in a controlled way.  It was bound to come out about the engagement so why not control the story by doing a release??  Right now we dont know whether the wedding will be covered or not, everything about the wedding is just speculation.  It may end up being a quiet affair and we dont find out about it until afterwards.  And what we do find out will obviously be controlled by George.  I really dont see when people say they are disillusioned by his behaviour, its the same as its always been, the only difference is that he is making a long term commitment to someone who is  different type of woman than we are used to seeing him with.  Maybe this is the real source of disillusionment??
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 17 Aug 2014, 10:57

Really, a different kind of woman?  She sure doesn't dress different! Ha Ha Ha
Can't have it both ways.
So she works for a living, big yahoooo.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 17 Aug 2014, 11:58

Alisonfan wrote:Really, a different kind of woman?  She sure doesn't dress different! Ha Ha Ha
Can't have it both ways.
I haven't seen an outfit that tells me what type of bikini wax she has so yes she does dress differently.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sun 17 Aug 2014, 13:01

The next mrs clooney wrote:So far he really isn't doing anything he hasn't done before.  We've seen the same dinner pics and boating pics  with other girlfriends.  He's always controlled the paps and allowed them shots at times he wants them.  The only thing that is different is his people magazine release of the engagement etc.  But once again its just his way of controlling things like he usually does.  Maybe he is so happy to have finally met the right one that he wants to share ti with the world but in a controlled way.  It was bound to come out about the engagement so why not control the story by doing a release??  Right now we dont know whether the wedding will be covered or not, everything about the wedding is just speculation.  It may end up being a quiet affair and we dont find out about it until afterwards.  And what we do find out will obviously be controlled by George.  I really dont see when people say they are disillusioned by his behaviour, its the same as its always been, the only difference is that he is making a long term commitment to someone who is  different type of woman than we are used to seeing him with.  Maybe this is the real source of disillusionment??

I have been a fan now for 6 months....and to be truthful...I have know idea who GC really is and what his personality is like.

If what a number of posters are saying about him controlling so much of the information we receive then...I really feel there's not a lot of point guessing etc..

When things happen..that will be a fact.
When a movie comes out we can comment then.

Maybe he doesn't like to be a celebrity and share himself with us?

I have found him hard to follow and read....that's his choice I guess.

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 17 Aug 2014, 13:32

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Alisonfan wrote:Really, a different kind of woman?  She sure doesn't dress different! Ha Ha Ha
Can't have it both ways.
I haven't seen an outfit that tells me what type of bikini wax she has
so YES she does dress differently.

Tnmc.....Please excuse my editing of your post....but that's a very good one-liner !

Sorry....but I think some posters must lead such boring lives that they 
can only repeat their negative opinions over and over again regarding 
George's future wife.  Sleep 

If they must do that, then please let the facts be at least correct !

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 14:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : separated quote from post)
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2