George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin?

+15
justpassinthrough
LornaDoone
jd68
lourdes flores
Butterfly
Katiedot
Nicky80
party animal - not!
Joanna
Carla97
Sevens
Mazy
Pita428
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? Empty Re: Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin?

Post by What Would He Say Sat 26 Apr 2014, 00:10

Are they still together?

(Forgive me Father, for I have sinned) No 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? Empty Re: Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin?

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 00:31

WWHS - If you have, so have I! I was thinking the same thing.  Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 26 Apr 2014, 00:51

@ LIZZY....you know we are going to start a whole new thread, maybe even a poll by Sunday.....

All because of a wee bit of wishfull thinking Wink 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 02:12

Maybe that's why he was so touchy in Vegas, another g/f has bit the dust...

Guess I just jumped on the wishful thinking bandwagon!
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 02:25

@Pits428 - That's ok - You've got company. WWHS and I will move over and make room for you!  Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 26 Apr 2014, 07:45

Pita428 wrote:Maybe that's why he was so touchy in Vegas, another g/f has bit the dust...
Guess I just jumped on the wishful thinking bandwagon!

I don't think he acted touchy in LV, this is who George is and one of the reasons I love him. He could have stayed there yelling and making things worse or do the smart thing and walk out. Wynn had to be furious that George had the guts to walk.

This was weeks ago where is George now? For all we know he is in London with Amal (God no) now and no one knows it. Everyone is focused on the LV story us included. My bet he's not in the US
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 26 Apr 2014, 07:52

I think he's scheduled to attend some charity event on April 26th. So he'll soon be back in the US.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 08:32

Come to think of it now... he was in Las Vegas... great chance he has a new girlfriend already. You know how big loves are! Let´s hope he doesn´t bring the new one to COMO! No no no.  Laughing 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:03

Why am I in the minority here when I'm happy when
George has a lady love ?

Oh it's an age thing I expect. Lol.

But I don't like to think of him being "loveless."
It's not nice.

Evil or Very Mad
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Apr 2014, 10:19

With you on that one, Jo.

And would he seriously go to all that trouble of releasing pix from around the world with her if it was likely to be over in five minutes? It's not as if it's attached to a film release. The only reason I can think of why that might happen is the former girlfriend's news and I'd like to think h e's bigger than that.

The charity date is the auction at the Wynn place isn't it?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 11:06

I think whoever doesn't like to see George with a her is mostly intimidated by her because she is different from the other girlfriends he has in the past. Women get very easily intimidated and jealous about other women and that's why they start to be negative against that person to feel better about themselves. 

It is not the men who women have to fight with is always the the other women. We make it always difficult on ourselves.

I think it is good too that he is in a relationship and not alone.  Thumbs up!  But to be honest he was never alone..he has Einstein  Razz  Razz  Razz hehe
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin? Empty Kinda feeling happy thinking about George Clooney splitting from Amal Alamuddin?

Post by What Would He Say Sat 26 Apr 2014, 11:41

@ Nicky,

You may be right, but not in my case.

I repeat;

I saw George in Venice, I had a fair amount of time to make an assessment of him, and this I AM GOOD AT. I am rarely wrong, you can tell a hell of a lot by how someone holds themselves, where their eyes go, if the smile or laugh is genuine or forced....if you like, AURA.

I saw George, six months later in London, I saw a very different man, I was lucky, even though I got there late, I ended up right in front (one row behind) of the car he got out of.  
It hit me like a ton of bricks, the change in him was enormous, almost scary, I said here on the day he looked "irritable" ... but I was being kind. Another girl on here said he was great by the time he got to her, and I said maybe the crowd had warmed him up... But what was she comparing him too.  

All I can take from this is, that at a pivotal moment in his life, he most certainly did not look like "A Man In Love" ... he looked to me like A Man in Crisis.

I started the thread, and I do regret the title "Amal like or Dislike".  For once in my life I nailed my colours to the mast, something about Amal I just did not get.  My gut/instinct does not go whooopee for George in this relationship, quiet the reverse.

I freely admit I will be a jealous gal about anyone, but like so many here, I also feel everyone should have someone.....George especially, just not this one.

On the upside, I thought I saw a glimmer of the my "Venice George" in Vegas, which made me wonder about a split.

Warning; this is all inside my head ...jmo.  Take me with Mr Wynns pinch of salt. affraid 
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 11:59

Maybe at the time you saw George in Venice and London he was not together yet with Amal. We can only guess...

George knows best who he wants to be with and who not and so far it looks like he enjoys Amals present. Some maybe will never understand but this is maybe because of the fact we do not know him or her personally ....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:05

I'm sorry, but I'm certain nobody can tell whether someone's in love simply by looking at them for a few moments from a distance. Maybe if one can see the couple together it would be possible to get a feel for the relationship and their feelings for each other, but one person by himself at a public event? No.

You can tell from a distance whether someone's feeling grumpy, in pain, irritated or indeed radiantly happy, but you'd have no way of telling what was causing that emotion; headache, bad news, woke up on the wrong side of the bed, jet lag, had an argument with the driver, constipation, favourite team lost a match, homesick, work problem to solve, hangover etc etc etc.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:08

Nicky, as I say this is all in my head, jmo.

Next papped sighting will probably be this weekend for all I know!

"Papped, hand in hand, while looking in the window of that posh jewellery shop opposite the George V Hotel in Paris  I love you sigh I love you  sigh"

Calling Mr Wynn, more salt needed for WWHS.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:09

LOL! That still wouldn't prove to me that George is in love!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:10

Katie, no bigger than all the above. Though constipation can be very upsetting, so I've been told.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:20

I saw His Nibs in the London Hotel they were all at just before they all left for Leicester Square, and he was full of beans!

If he was irritated by anything/body I would not be surprised. The number of advisors, PR people (mostly organising ladies) for each cast member is staggering..

And if I remember correctly that was the day Amal was delivering her report to the IBA at a function across London....

I think he was really cold!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 14:18

Katie - I know you're right. You can't tell what's going on in a person's head or heart just by seeing them on the street for a few moments. But I agree with WWHS, too. I'd love to see George happily married with a bunch of kids, but something about this woman doesn't sit right with me. Don't ask me what it is, because I couldn't tell you. It's just a gut feelng that a marriage to this woman wouldn't end well for him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 15:14

mmhhh....How can something about this woman not "sit right"? Compare to his other girlfriends we do not really know much about her as she is not in a public eye no naked pictures and so on. She is just a normal woman who has a normal job. 

I guess what you guys mean with "gut feeling" is that she is together with George but don't really want to admit it.

You guys turn it like there is something wrong with her but in reality there is something wrong with you guys (don't mean it personal) when you judge somebody negative without knowing much about this person. And maybe you don't realized that but if you think there is something wrong about her then you think negative about him too as he decided for her.  

Before a person can be wrong she has to do something wrongful to somebody. So far I didn't see that so why pre judging her?
It is the same kind when a new woman starts a new job in a new office full of women. After the first coffee break all women start backbite about the new one. It is easy to see what can be wrong about somebody but it is a talent and training to see something good in somebody.

And I don't mean it personal and of course you guys have the right to share your opinion. But it is just hard for me to understand the way you think.

Maybe you guys have to give it more time. They both have done only few appearance in the public. Maybe after a while you think differently....or me  Razz 

Ok .now you can bite off my head  Shocked
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 26 Apr 2014, 15:59

I agree with you Nicky 100% but its always the same old comments whenever George has a lady love.
I've never understood some of the harsh judgements that have been written about someone none of us have ever met. 
But it's just the way it is so.....  rollingsmiley
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 16:49

@Joanna & Nicky - I KNOW it's unreasonable to feel uneasy about her! It isn't logical. I know this. It isn't a personal thing. I admire her accomplishments and she seems to be a cut above the rest in many ways. I hope she makes him happy. I suppose he wouldn't be with her if she didn't.

And, as I said before, I'd love to see him happily married.
BUT I still can't shake the feeling that marriage to her wouldn't be good for George. Don't know why. Just a feeling I can't shake. Sorry.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 26 Apr 2014, 17:20

Lizzy, don't worry...you don't have to figure out why you feel that way.
Feeling is a rather personal thing. Same for George and Amal. Perhaps they're still wondering their feelings for each other.
"that marriage to her wouldn't be good for George"-then it wouldn't be good for Amal either. They would be stuck in the same bad position here in a marriage. Hope that won't happen.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 17:58

what would he say wrote:Nicky, as I say this is all in my head, jmo.

Next papped sighting will probably be this weekend for all I know!

"Papped, hand in hand, while looking in the window of that posh jewellery shop opposite the George V Hotel in Paris  I love you sigh I love you  sigh"

Calling Mr Wynn, more salt needed for WWHS.

WWHS, how is it that you know about new sighting this weekend? Where? I'm looking forward to seeing GC. I miss new pics..... Sad 
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:04

Butterfly, WWHS is referring to this event

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:04

Thanks, Sevens, for understanding. I, too, hope that if this relationship leads to marriage it is good for both of them. I'm not knocking her, or badmouthing her. From what I know of her, I admire her for her accomplishments. It's just a feeling I have that marriage to her would not be a good thing for George. Who knows? I could be way off, and she might be the best thing in the world for him. Will have to wait and see.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:10

Yep wait and see....but I don't think he is getting married at all. He always said it is not his thing. If they are happy together they will have a looooong relationship if not short. But I think it will not get further until marriage....

I think it is the media who stirs it up about marriage to kind of underline that she is different from the women he had before. I wouldn't think too much into it.

But of course I can be wrong...  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:20

Ha, you're right we have to wait&see. George always welcomes everything amazing in his life everyday. So taking the risk in another marriage is definitely one of his options if he believes it's worth it.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:30

Nicky80 wrote:mmhhh....How can something about this woman not "sit right"? Compare to his other girlfriends we do not really know much about her as she is not in a public eye no naked pictures and so on. She is just a normal woman who has a normal job. 

I guess what you guys mean with "gut feeling" is that she is together with George but don't really want to admit it.

You guys turn it like there is something wrong with her but in reality there is something wrong with you guys (don't mean it personal) when you judge somebody negative without knowing much about this person. And maybe you don't realized that but if you think there is something wrong about her then you think negative about him too as he decided for her.   Shocked

Nicky as far as the first part of your statement about the character of George's previous lady friends is very superficial and judgmental. We don't really know what they are like and have no right to judge them.

This second part is why I always say that I will not comment on the actual girlfriend it is a female thing called jealousy and I know it; so I won't put myself in a position of tearing another woman apart. Any comments I would make might not hurt her (whoever) but if derogatory will hurt me, besides who the hell am I?
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 18:37

No Mazy need to disagree, there was nothing superficial and judgmental on my comment. I wrote that to compare that Amal is even less in the public eye then the past girlfriends. Only said that as the past girlfriends did public fotoshoots and some naked pics. That is a fact. So compare to Amal, she is very quit in the public eye. So nothing superficial and judgmental. Otherwise you need to explain it better how you mean it. Maybe it is a language barrier that's why I don't get it.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:20

And for myself I'm not jealous or intimidated. I just like George the way he is, in my dreams, single and mine! Smile Please don't read anything into my comments, as I am new here and I tend to have a sarcastic sense of humor. I don't think I have said anything negative about Amal as I really have no real interest in her. There, I said my piece.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:21

[quote="Nicky80 

You guys turn it like there is something wrong with her but in reality there is something wrong with you guys (don't mean it personal) when you judge somebody negative without knowing much about this person.:[/quote]

Nicky - I'm fine with Amal being with George, if she is. There's nothing "wrong" with her, and if they are "dating", I hope they're happy together. That still doesn't change my feeling that a marriage between them would not be good for George. There's nothing wrong with me. I'm not judging her negatively. I'm just saying I don't think marrying her would be good for him.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by lourdes flores Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:25

THE latest gossip about Amal according entertaiment tonight, apparently George and gave him the engagement ring during an appointment with Cindy and Rande Thursday.

lourdes flores
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:26

@Lizzy And why would that not be good for him? Your judgment must come from somewhere.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:28

lourdes flores wrote:THE latest gossip about Amal according entertaiment tonight, apparently George and gave him the engagement ring during an appointment with Cindy and Rande Thursday.

Thanks lourdes, new thread here

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:31

Nicky - I'll say it again: Gut feeling. No logic. If He really has "put a ring on it" we'll soon find out! Smile 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:33

We need to exchange guts to understand  LOL!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:33

I just want him to be happy, if that's with Amal than so be it. For a man that has sworn off marriage for so long it would surprise me if he got engaged so quickly. However that is often what happens when you feel like you've found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:35

By the way...I find it very funny that this thread got created today talking about they "split" and few hours later the engagement rumors appears....I guess we were asking for it  Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:42

Nicky80 wrote:No Mazy need to disagree, there was nothing superficial and judgmental on my comment. I wrote that to compare that Amal is even less in the public eye then the past girlfriends. Only said that as the past girlfriends did public fotoshoots and some naked pics. That is a fact. So compare to Amal, she is very quit in the public eye. So nothing superficial and judgmental. Otherwise you need to explain it better how you mean it. Maybe it is a language barrier that's why I don't get it.

Not all had naked pictures and in their world they are normal. It is just too easy to say what a person should or shouldn't have done things. Because of the grace of God go I. My husband died very young my daughter was only 14, I had to quit college when he got sick. So who knows what jobs I would have taken if things got really bad. Being a cocktail waitress/model or whatever doesn't make you worse than the next person.

Just saying that all normal means is the average of your subject/area; so what's normal for one might not be normal for another. Say, look at Cindy Crawford, now is very respected; she has furniture lines named after her even. I know many on here like and respect her she has posed nude many times. Just saying where is the line drawn? Whose trash and whose a super model?
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:52

Ah ok I see what you mean. Got it  Thumbs up! 

With "normal" I meant that Amal is not famous and in a public eye like the past girlfriends. I referred to normal like us. Not being in the public and having foto shoots etc...Just going to work. Didn't mean the past girlfriends are not normal. Good we could clarify that  Wink  Maybe I should not have mentioned the word "normal" LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 19:59

By the way, sorry to hear your husband died young. I hope you managed your life the way you wanted to  Hug1
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sat 26 Apr 2014, 22:36

Nicky80 wrote:Butterfly, WWHS is referring to this event

Thanks Nicky  Smile , but I thought WWHS meant this weekend, as her post is from today.
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 26 Apr 2014, 22:39

Yes the event is today  Very Happy  I know normally we have threads when things already happened but now we are one step ahead HAHAHA
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:00

You know this going to bed thing sucks.  I go to bed, I wake up and suddenly this thread is a moot point and the dude is just about married!  Geesh!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:18

Lorna - If we knew you'd be upset we'd have told him to wait til you were ready. Laughing 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:20

lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:43

No one was ever going to be truly "ready" to hear this news.

George not ever getting married was the one constant I could count on damn it!

Oh well, if I can still lust after Hugh Jackman who is happily married, see no reason why I can't still lust after George! 

Gotta look for the positive here!  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Apr 2014, 00:45

Thumbs up!  I'm with you on that one.....I mean with being positive and not Hugh Jackman HAHA
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 27 Apr 2014, 14:54

Did you notice that immediately after this thread was launched - the whirlwind of engagement news emerged from all sides...

I find it interesting.  Wink 
Butterfly
Butterfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next